Member Topic: When Does Bollywood Become Personal For You ?

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

https://youtu.be/Jy-sX9sE_lc

Does it ever come a time where you have to rigorously defend some actor or movie or song like your defending yourself ? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Not defend as though it were myself. I simply don't like anyone enough for that. Sorry, SRK, not even you.

There are some I DISlike as intensely as though they did something to me IRL.๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Even in real life, I find it very difficult to see injustice and bullying...maybe because I have been bullied in my childhood...

So whenever I see it happening anywhere, I cant take it. I end up defending that person/film/music/song. Its not needed...but the flashbacks make me do it. 

YourCat thumbnail

When I was dumb enough to believe they actually care for their fans. Well I do realize they dont care, they only care about how they can profit from these gullible fans, otherwise they will treat outsider fans like crap or never do anything which profits the fans as whole instead of them. 

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

arguing on behalf of celebrities never get personal for me. I can list my favorite celebs and you can bash them day and night long and it won't bother me. I guess at some point in life I felt getting worked up for someone who doesn't know my existence is dumb. I understand the people who have favorites who really mean something to them but I don't. I don't have a celebrity who I feel has impacted me so much that they touched my soul, or became a part of who I am. 

Now if I could just stop myself from making sports and fictional couples personal, I would be great. 

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

No but I've actually fought for someone's death and felt myself go numb with Sushant passing away. Now I don't enjoy it in a heartfelt manner as I used to. I don't feel the connection with bollywood anymore ๐Ÿ’”

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Even in real life, I find it very difficult to see injustice and bullying...maybe because I have been bullied in my childhood...

So whenever I see it happening anywhere, I cant take it. I end up defending that person/film/music/song. Its not needed...but the flashbacks make me do it. 

Wow really that sucks but I appreciate you opening a vein like that. So itโ€™s like a reflex for you ? 

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

No.

Having an opinion is one thing getting personal is another thing๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Wow really that sucks but I appreciate you opening a vein like that. So itโ€™s like a reflex for you ? 

It is like a reflex, unfortunately. Just happens before I can stop myself which is why i do not have many friends (not everyone appreciates bluntness and I dislike being fake et al.). 

But I am still a work in progress so I might learn someday ๐Ÿ˜Š

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Bollywood is entertainment for me, nothing else