Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StarryStarryNyt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Part 12

Kritika informed Samrat of Virat’s visit. He was worried but she reassured him that she handled it. Later that evening, he came to check on Sai. They chatted for a while. Once Samrat was reassured that she was fine, he wished her good night. As he was walking towards his bike, Aniket whistled from the garden. His legs dangled from one arm of the chair while his head rested on the other. In front of him was a bottle of Vodka, Sprite and some chips. Samrat took a seat opposite him. Aniket slid a glass towards him and he made himself a drink. The two chatted about old times and Aniket left no chance to tease him about Kritika.

Half an hour later, a car came up the driveway. A man stepped out of the driver's seat and opened the passenger door for Kritika. The two laughed about something. ‘Ye cartoon kaun hai?’ Samrat asked Aniket. ‘Thodi der nahi hui hai Sam?’ He teased. ‘Bas pooch raha tha,’ Samrat answered. ‘Dr Sid. He works with Di.’ Aniket took a swig of his drink. Dr Sid waved to Aniket before driving off. Samrat wanted to know more but stopped as Kritika was walking towards them. She took a seat between the two. She placed a glass on the table which made the two of them look up in surprise. ‘Dr Kritika aaj humaare saath bethegi?’ Aniket asked, pouring her a drink. ‘I’m off the clock.’ Kritika took her drink. ‘Haan dikh raha hai.’ Samrat said looking at her black bodycon dress. ‘Kuch kaha tumne?’ Kritika questioned. She sensed the jealous tone in his voice. ‘Kuch nahi. Kuch bhi to nahi.’ Samrat stuttered. Aniket stifled a laugh. ‘Main thodi der mein aaya.’ Aniket indicated he had to pee.

It was the first time Kritika and Samrat were alone. He put his legs on the table and crossed them at the ankles. ‘Tum army walon ki baat hi alag hoti hai.’ Kritka looked at his posture. Samrat pulled her chair towards him and leaned forward. ‘To is army wale se shaadi kyun nahi karna chahti thi Dr Kritika?’ She wasn’t expecting this. ‘I’m an army brat myself.’ Kritika said, crossing her arms. ‘I’m waiting, Kruti.’ He leaned back. Kruti. He was the only one who called her that. It felt so intimate. She quickly composed herself. ‘For starters, tumhari family to Maratha bahu chahiye. Now I’m not sure what that means par I’m sure woh drink nahi karti hogi.’ She took a swig as if to make a point. ‘Main mana leta unhe.’ Samrat said. ‘I don’t doubt it, Sam par mera us ghar main dam ghut jata.’ ‘I would’ve moved out.’ He didn’t know why he was bringing this up now. ‘Par kya tum apne ghar walon se door ho kar khush rehte? Dil se jawab do Sam.’ She poked him in the chest. Samrat held her hand. Kritika felt butterflies in her stomach. It’s like nothing has changed. ‘Vodka khatam ho gayi.’ Kritika tried to deflect from the topic. ‘To isme se pi lo.’ Samrat offered his glass. ‘Main doosra leke aati hoon.’ She stood up to leave. ‘Never stopped you before.’ Samrat chuckled.

Flashback

It was New Year’s eve and Nachiket had thrown a party. Since Samrat had been in his team, he was invited too. He was standing in a corner when a pair of arms snaked across his chest. ‘Kruti!’ He closed his eyes. She bit his ear. ‘Koi dekh lega.’ ‘Itne andhere mein kaun dekhega.’ She turned him around to face her. ‘Sir yahin kahin hai.’ Samrat’s eyes darted across the room. ‘Itna daroge to unse shaadi ki baat kaise karoge Captain.’ She rested her elbow on his shoulder. She tried to take his glass but he shook his head. ‘Mujhe bhi ye expensive whiskey taste karni hai.’ Suddenly the clock struck twelve. Samrat snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her in for a kiss.They were lost in the kiss until the lights came on and they had to break apart. ‘Kar li taste?’ Samrat winked. She blushed and ran away from there.

Present

They looked at each other sadly. Just then Kritika’s phone rang. She was grateful for the distraction. ‘Bolo Sid...’ She spoke. Samrat gestured he was about to leave and walked out of the gate to get a taxi.

Aniket finished his business and was heading outside when he saw the light in Kritika’s room. Seeing the door slightly ajar, he knocked once and stepped inside. Sai sat on the bed hugging her knees to her chest. She was sobbing quietly. Aniket sat next to her. ‘Sai?’ He spoke softly. ‘Aaj agar Aaba hote to ye sab nahi hota.’ She continued sobbing. Aniket knew this was coming. He put his arm around her. She clutched his tshirt and sobbed loudly. Aniket rubbed her back. After a while, her sobs turned soft. Realising the position they were in, she pulled away. This was the first time she hugged a man that wasn’t her father. Seeing Sai like this, something broke in Aniket. He just wanted to make everything go away.‘Ssh Sai. Sab theek ho jayega. Main hoon na.’ Sai rocked herself back and forth while Aniket just sat there. Soon she was asleep. Aniket put a pillow behind her head and covered her with a blanket.

Aniket picked up his guitar and started strumming. When nothing made sense, he always turned to music. He thought back to the first time he met Sai. How her silly advice helped ease his anxiety. On rare occasions, when she let her guard down, he would catch a glimpse of this playful, gussail, ladaku viman. He couldn’t bear to see her like this and promised he would stay by her side whatever came next. He opened his eyes and saw Kritika leaning against the door. ‘I haven’t heard you play in a while.’ She came and sat on the bed. ‘Sai ke saath aisa kyun hua Di?’ He asked. ‘Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together.’ Kritika smiled. Their father had always shielded from the real world. She experienced some of it when she walked away from Samrat but Aniket had been shielded from most of it. ‘Like you and Sam?’ Aniket’s voice brought her out of her thoughts. ‘What about me and Samrat?’ ‘We both know you’re still in love with him.’ Aniket said. ‘It’s complicated.’ Kritika said, sadly. ‘It’s only as complicated as you make it.’ ‘Tu itna samajdaar kab ho gaya. Bohot raat ho gayi hai. So ja.’ She wished him good night and went to her room. 

The following day Samrat dropped Aniket and Sai to college. After college they would move her stuff to her hostel. Sai walked out of the college gates after classes when she spotted Samrat on the other side of the road. ‘Dada is too protective,’ she said to herself. As she was about to cross, a jeep stopped besides her. She knew whose it was. ‘Mujhe tumse baat karni hai Sai.’ Virat said, removing his cap. Within seconds, Samrat reached there and stood next to her. ‘Main thodi der mein aati hoon Dada.’ ‘Are you sure?’ Samrat asked her. She nodded. ‘I’ll be on the other side.’ Samrat sat on the hood of his car. ‘Jeeva kaafi protective hai tumhe leke. Waise bhai to mera hai par tumhari zyada care karta hai. Dekho to kaise ghoor ghoor ke dekh raha hai’ he smiled. ‘If looks could kill then ACP would be dead,’ Aniket said, as he joined Samrat. ‘Rishte pyaar se bante hai.’ Sai said. ‘Jo kuch bhi hua uske liye I’m sorry Sai.’ He held her hand. Samrat was about to step forward when Aniket put his arm in front of him. Sai pulled her hand back. ‘Tumhara gussa jayiz hai. Mujhe aaj pata chala ki Pakhi aur kaku ne tumhare saath kya kiya.’ He looked down. ‘I know I haven’t been the best husband but can you give me a second chance?’ He looked up at her. ‘Sai kuch to bolo.’ ‘I want an annulment.’ she broke the silence. ‘Hosh mein to ho?’ He grabbed her arm. Sai pushed him with all her might. Virat stumbled backwards. ‘Ye to on duty officer to dhaka de rahi hai. Should we step in?’ Aniket asked Samrat. Sai pushed him again. ‘I think she’s got this.’ Samrat crossed his arms across his chest. ‘Jab itne dino se main keh rahi thi ki Pakhi didi aur kaku mere saath galat kar rahe the tab aapne hamesha apne ghar walon ka saath diya. Ye jaante hue ki main jhooth nahi bolti. Aaj jab aapki best friend ne ye kaha to aapne believe kiya. Only you can insult me this way.’ ‘Sai I’m sorry.’ he tried to speak. ‘Sorry won’t make up for what you’ve done, I told you I didn’t want to marry you. Still I accepted it. Your family didn’t like me. They didn’t even let me grieve my father’s death. Har roz naya drama. Aap aur Pakhi didi ek doosre se pyaar karte the. Humari naam ki shaadi thi still she inflicted so much on me. Ye dekh rahe hai?’ She held up her hands. ‘Ghaav abhi bhi nahi bhare hai. College was my only solace usme bhi you wanted me to manage housework and college. Har waqt main hi kyun compromise karu? I’ve had enough. Aur nahi hota sehen.’ ‘Sai main sirf ek mauka chahta hoon ki sab theek kar du.’ ‘Aur kitne mauke do aapko? Sorry I’m all out of maukas.’ Saying this she crossed the road and joined Samrat and Aniket. The three of them left leaving behind an ACP who lost the best thing he never had.

Part 13

Edited by StarryStarryNyt - 3 years ago

Great chapter! I'm glad that Sai took a stand but i am upset by Samrat letting kritika leave him and getting married to someone else :( 

Arshian14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

YES!!! Bring on the divorce. 

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yessss! I'm so relieved to read the word divorce 😊

Appudappu thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Sorry Chavan Saab  we are also out of all" maukas"

So better leave...😈

linakusharberry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome update 

Loved it

So finally sairat met , so divorce on the way 

Do continue soon

Originally posted by: neeraja91

Great chapter! I'm glad that Sai took a stand but i am upset by Samrat letting kritika leave him and getting married to someone else :( 

Thank you. Galti ho gayi bechare se 😅😅

Originally posted by: Arshian14

YES!!! Bring on the divorce. 

Haha! Thanks.

Originally posted by: AK_2010

Yessss! I'm so relieved to read the word divorce 😊

Thanks! Me too!

Originally posted by: Appudappu

Sorry Chavan Saab  we are also out of all" maukas"

So better leave...😈

Thanks for your comment! IKR! I'm out of maukas for the show too!