Khushalay thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Q:Was it tough for you to do a kissing sequence with Amitabh?

A: We were all quite nervous. I call Amitji uncle. And for my character to ask to be kissed by him was quite something. But that is such cathartic moment for my character. I wasn't thinking of myself; I was thinking of Michelle.

Q: How was it bonding in such an exceptional way with Amitabh Bachchan?
I've always been in awe of Amit uncle. He's always been incomparable. Everyone in my entire family is an AB fan. I admire him as an actor. After working with him I admire him even further. He is truly exemplary. He showed me how humble a person can remain after getting all the accolades of the world. Because of my immense love and respect for him I had no trouble expressing the same through my character in Black .

On the sets he was constantly joking and behaving almost as though Black was his first film. At times I'd go up to him and tell him to go home and get some rest. I felt so protective of him. After watching him do the gruelling shots I wanted to press his feet and hands — just like Michelle in Black . I wonder at his age would I've even an iota of his energy! To have him on screen is to automatically enhance your own performance. Because acting is also about reacting.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Selina thumbnail
Thanks for the article. 😊
nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx 4 sharing...both rani n amitab r fine actors
Ibad thumbnail
the film was good. May be rani Signed it coz of it. (heheheheheee) coz he is Amitabh bachchan.
bollyfreak thumbnail
Rani is very sweet. and Ab is truly incomparable
queenbee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ibad

the film was good. May be rani Signed it coz of it. (heheheheheee) coz he is Amitabh bachchan.

That's disgusting.

Do you think actors sign movies simply on basis of who they are going to get to kiss? And that too one of Rani's calibre? I'm sure she has a lot more class. And I don't think it's funny to trivialize the art and economics of film-making with crass comments, that too a movie like Black.
Khushalay thumbnail

Originally posted by: queenbee

That's disgusting.

Do you think actors sign movies simply on basis of who they are going to get to kiss? And that too one of Rani's calibre? I'm sure she has a lot more class. And I don't think it's funny to trivialize the art and economics of film-making with crass comments, that too a movie like Black.

No thats not true...hey u should not be so much insulting for someone & that too for Amitabh Bachchan...however he is there r million of his fans & this is totally wrong to get side of one actor & insults another...