Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justice4Samosa thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: sev.puri

You clearly have far too much faith in the Indian judicial system. Sadly, some of us don’t. We can clearly see (and have often lived through) the incompetence of Mumbai police.

And that's why there was a global online movement to hand over an already shoddily investigated case to an agency that is famous for botching up high profile cases like Arushi Talwar murder case, Syed modi murder case, Pradyuman Ryan murder case, 2G scam, the horrible Ruchika Girhotra suicide case and the list goes on. 

Edited by insideroutsider - 3 years ago
sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: insideroutsider

And that's why there was a global online movement to hand over an already shoddily investigated case to an agency that is famous for botching up high profile cases like Arushi Talwar murder case, Syed modi murder case, Pradyuman Ryan murder case, 2G scam, the horrible Ruchika Girhotra suicide case and the list goes on. 

I call it the best of the worst. From an aam aadmi perspective, you’d rather have the case sitting with an organisation that is at least perceived to be apolitical. You list the high profile cases, but those who live and breathe in the city of Mumbai know that the police force is synonymous with corruption, power, abuse and bribery. They know how arduous the simple things can be. Add to that the media coverage of a botched up job of a high profile case, CBI was the people’s best option.

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

...but those who live and breathe in the city of Mumbai know that the police force is synonymous with corruption, power, abuse and bribery. They know how arduous the simple things can be. 

Dont agree with this though. The people in the city have supported the police through the thick and thin of things despite some rank of officers indulging in corruption/abuse/etc and they have been rightfully called out when they indulged in the same. The whole 'meme police' narrative only recently. For mumbaikars, Mumbai Police has been the lifeline of the city amid every single hardship the city has faced including the several terror attacks. The reason why even today Mumbai is one of the safest cities in the country for women is because of its police force. It's easy for people here most of those who are from other cities and abroad to go on and on about 'meme police' but one can ask majority of Mumbaikars and they'll vouch for their dependence on Mumbai police. 

sev.puri thumbnail

Dont agree with this though. The people in the city have supported the police through the thick and thin of things despite some rank of officers indulging in corruption/abuse/etc and they have been rightfully called out when they indulged in the same. The whole 'meme police' narrative only recently. For mumbaikars, Mumbai Police has been the lifeline of the city amid every single hardship the city has faced including the several terror attacks. The reason why even today Mumbai is one of the safest cities in the country for women is because of its police force. It's easy for people here most of those who are from other cities and abroad to go on and on about 'meme police' but one can ask majority of Mumbaikars and they'll vouch for their dependence on Mumbai police. 

If you’re talking about 26/11, then sure, I agree, we all feel a sense of pride on their actions that day. This goes back to my point that all the goodwill they had gathered since 26/11, Covid efforts etc, were all washed away. They will really struggle to recover from the reputational damage.

Also, it depends who you ask. Mumbai Police is predominantly Maharashtrian and still very much have a bias to their own. Mumbai Police have nothing to do with how safe I feel at night in that city. If you’ve been, you’ll notice there is little to no police presence at that time of the night lol. It’s the city that never sleeps, there are always people out and about in very large numbers. Hence the safest city tag. Let’s not get carried away and give that credit to Mumbai Police.

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Oh look, another attention seeking (non)actress 😵. 

Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Tinah

Why don't you guys understanding the part where these celebs are standing by Rhea for the vilification and maligning that she and her family are facing due to the media. No one is declaring her innocent, they are saying stop harassing her like this. 

Are you guys so blind as to not understand this? Not even Kasab or the satanic rapists faced such vilification from the media and people. 

SSRs family are encouraging this which makes it worst. 

People are plain angry. If the Police had done their job well, not only Rhea C even the Media wouldn't HOUND her or the other witnesses as they are doing right now. If at all anyone has to be blamed it has to be the Mumbai Police who are directly responsible for RC's state of affairs.

I will wait for the arrests before making any conclusions.  

Edited by Dimdim - 3 years ago
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

double post

Edited by Dimdim - 3 years ago
Justice4Samosa thumbnail

If you’ve been, you’ll notice there is little to no police presence at that time of the night lol. It’s the city that never sleeps, there are always people out and about in very large numbers. Hence the safest city tag. Let’s not get carried away and give that credit to Mumbai Police.

I don't know which place you're talking about but most of Mumbai at night is on strict vigil throughout the city along with the mandatory nakabandi. The police patrol cars are always around and so is the 24*7 backend support by Mumbai Police. The whole city never sleeps tag is a stereotype. Unless you are near corporate offices, beaches/bandstand/marine drive or pubs and malls, nowhere will you see people out in large numbers on the streets late at night. I'll always give credit to Mumbai police for ensuring safety of Mumbaikars throughout the day. No police force is perfect but from all the means they have, they try to do the best they can.

sev.puri thumbnail

I don't know which place you're talking about but most of Mumbai at night is on strict vigil throughout the city along with the mandatory nakabandi. The police patrol cars are always around and so is the 24*7 backend support by Mumbai Police. The whole city never sleeps tag is a stereotype. Unless you are near corporate offices, beaches/bandstand/marine drive or pubs and malls, nowhere will you see people out in large numbers on the streets late at night. I'll always give credit to Mumbai police for ensuring safety of Mumbaikars throughout the day. No police force is perfect but from all the means they have, they try to do the best they can.

Take any Bandra/Mahim/Juhu/Andheri/Malad, they will be buzzing at 3am. With the recent Mumbai Metro project, there’s in fact traffic at that time too.🤦🏽‍♀️Absolute nightmare. Kahe ka strict vigil lol. In the few instances I’ve come across of nakabandi, the police are anything but alert. They are mostly unfit men with big tummys, chatting, sitting idle, putting barricades and jamming regular traffic.

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I just want to ask ,did they say something against Sooraj and stood up for Jiah or vice versa as I hadn't followed that case that time?  It's out of curiosity. 

Edited by Renee.Clare - 3 years ago