Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simply.meghana thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: chavi12345

Wonderful update... Piya was attack by wearwolf. What does is want from her. Is pia special. Raichad helpd her. Hope pia Will be safe

not special in the way you’re thinking, but unfortunate....

don’t worry, Abhay is there to protect her 😆

simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: cuteariya

Superb chapter 

Awe misha & ruhi draw pia coz they have assignment 

Uff kabir trying to confess pia his feeling

Boy he gonna get hurt when pia will reject him🤔

Uff why pia went to give Abhay his cot at night

She heard wolf knowing the danger still she went how stupid she can get?🙄

Glad Abhay heard her scream & came to help her😊

But Abhay & madhu had hard time to control their thirst coz of pia’s blood

Abhay even tasted pia’s blood glad he stopped at right time otherwise pia would have died🙏
Thank god abhay & madhu heal pia’s wounds🤗
Glad siddarth caught that werewolf who attack pia👏
Hopefully now Abhay siddarth & madhu will know dipanita & her deadly plans🙏

Continue plz 

Her desire to see Abhay overpowers all judgement 🤣 who cares for wolves when Abhay will save her anyway

glad you liked the chapter! Will update soon! 🤗

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 8

Not An Angel

Piya finally awoke at the crack of dawn. Her eyes blinked rapidly in confusion. She was under a roof, not under a canopy of trees. Is this heaven? Where am I? But she wasn’t dead. Her heartbeat was clearly ringing in her ears. Her body ached with weakness, and she couldn’t sit up without inviting pain. She examined herself as best as she could. Her wounds were cleaned and bandaged up, and someone had changed her clothes. The last thing she remembered was that wolf attacking her. 

Wait. This isn’t my house. The bed she was lying in was larger and softer than her own. This room was too extravagant to be her’s. And it wasn’t white. She looked around for some hints, but she ended up not needing any once Mandu walked inside, with a glass of milk. I’m in the Raichand mansion? She was surprised. The room was a world away from the color scheme of the rest of the house. It was bright and golden. This was perhaps the guest room. 

“Thank goodness Piya, you’re awake.” She set the glass down and held Piya’s hands. Piya could tell they must’ve been worried sick. She felt horrible, both physically and mentally. Stupid, stupid Piya. Who told you to go to the forest that late?

“How did you find me? How did I get here?”

“We heard your screams. Abhay found you in the forest with injuries and brought you back here.” Mandu feigned ignorance on the source of the attack. She wanted to see how much Piya remembered. “What happened? How did you get there?”

Piya sunk more into the pillow and sighed. “I had something of Abhay’s, and I just wanted to return it. I walked through the forest because it would be faster, instead of the main road. Then this wolf attacked me, and....I don’t remember much else.” Piya’s head hurt when she tried to remember details. Her palm pressed into her temple and she grimaced. She was also holding back tears. “I’m very sorry. I put you all in worry with my stupidity.”

“Piya....” Mandu caressed her hair. This girl was too hard on herself sometimes. “You have no reason to apologize. No one knew this would happen.” She looked forward. “We’ve never seen wolves in this area before. It’s all very strange.” 

This attack was premeditated. In hindsight, they were glad it happened near their home and not anywhere else. Normal doctors wouldn’t be able to treat her injuries anyways; she would’ve died in the hospital. They were at least able to find her and treat her quickly. 

Mandu spotted and grabbed Piya’s phone, which was sitting on the side table next to the bed, and put all three of their numbers in it. She should’ve done this sooner. One phone call could’ve avoided this whole ordeal. “What are you doing?” Mandu punched in the last number. 

“There. All three of our numbers are now in your phone. If you need anything at all, you can call us. I should’ve done that sooner, but it just slipped our minds.” She placed it back on the table, and helped Piya sit up. The wounds on her abdomen were the deepest and thus, hurt the most. It hurt to even breathe. She clenched her teeth to avoid screaming, her hand gripping Mandu’s arm until her knuckles had turned a ghostly white. Once she was upright, Mandu picked up the glass of warm milk. “Now drink this like a good girl. It’ll help you get your strength back.” Piya nodded and took the glass with her uninjured arm. The rest of her body hurt to move, and she felt very weak. She gulped down the milk slowly, trying not to stress her injuries. It’s like you’re watching over me, Abhay. You always find me, she thought.

————————————————————————

Abhay was in the basement with Siddharth, scornfully watching their prisoner. The rogue had just woken up, shaking with apprehension. Abhay refused to show any mercy. He immediately picked him up by his throat and slammed him into the wall. 

They had found a photo of Piya tied around his wrist, dated from roughly 3 years ago. He was here to kill her. There is some connection we are unaware of.

“Why don’t you tell me how you know this girl?” Abhay snarled, baring his fangs. 

“I’m not in the mood to.” He sneered, angering Abhay. “What are you going to do, you leech?” Abhay shattered the bones in his arm with a single squeeze. The rogue shrieked in pain, but remained steadfast in hiding information. Luckily this room was soundproof. 

“If you enjoyed that, I’ll gladly destroy your other limbs.” 

Siddharth stepped forward, looking at him with a threatening eye. “Or...we can hand him over to The Circle. A rogue werewolf trespassed into vampire territory with intent to harm and kill a human girl. Doesn’t that sound horrifying? They’ll throw you in their prisons. What we’re doing to you now, is nothing compared to what they’ll do to you later.”

His eyes grew wide with the thought. He had only heard stories of how The Circle treated their prisoners. It was formulated torture based on the degree of the offense. Torture involving the weaknesses of that particular supernatural. He shuddered at the thought of the silver chains. 

Abhay smirked and gripped his throat tighter. The fear had settled in his mind. “Now, speak.” 

“I-I don’t know this girl, I swear. Someone else-“ Abhay’s nails dug into his throat. “-sent me here.” 

“Who? What do they have against her?” 

“She promised to welcome me into the pack, if I killed her. I know nothing else. I swear.” 

“You must surely know her name.....” Abhay pinned him to the wall. “And if you won’t tell me, I have other means of finding out.”

“No—I-“

Abhay‘s eyes shifted color, his pupils contracting. He forced the rogue to look him in the eyes. “Who is she?”

The rogue almost laughed at the petty use of compulsion to get him to talk. Resisting its power took all of his remaining energy. Abhay felt his resistance, and smirked. 

“I was going to make this easy on you. Seems like that was a mistake.” 

Compulsion was too easy. Abhay wanted him to suffer. 

He stopped compelling the rogue, but kept his gaze locked on his eyes. The rogue didn’t understand the meaning of his words, but felt his aura grow stronger. Abhay’s contempt-filled gaze was now causing him pain, the power searing his veins.

You’re not like the rest of them..., the rogue thought.

He let out a painful scream, his eyes still locked in place. He wasn’t allowed to look away. Abhay wouldn’t let him. 

A stubborn one, aren’t you? Abhay tilted his head. 

The rogue slumped forward immediately, showing signs of unconsciousness. The pain must’ve been too much. Abhay threw him into a corner, watching him collapse over himself. 

“Siddharth, let’s go.” He nodded and followed Abhay out, locking the door behind them. 

“This is very strange. Why would a werewolf want Piya dead? She’s just an ordinary human. And this photo....” 

Abhay took the photo from his hands and looked at it. The angle of the shot told him it was a candid. The darker shadows around the bottom edges resembled foliage. Like someone was hiding and taking the photos of her. “We can’t ask her directly about this photo. She’ll wonder where it came from.” 

She is as equally secretive about her life as we are. Abhay groaned in frustration. 

Mandu was taking the empty glass back to the kitchen, when she saw the two return upstairs. “What happened? Did he say anything?”

“Another werewolf sent him. He won’t say any names, but he doesn’t know Piya personally. We found this photo.” 

Abhay handed Mandu the photo. She glanced at the date printed on the bottom right corner. “This is three years old. This doesn’t make sense.”

“Is Piya awake?” Abhay changed the subject abruptly. She nodded. 

“She woke up a few minutes ago. She’s okay now, just a little weak. The wounds are healing just fine. I think it’ll take only one or two days until they fully heal.” Abhay looked relieved.

He went upstairs, no longer able to fight the urge to see her. He opened the doors of the guest room to find Piya sitting upright, leaning her head back against the headboard. She’s okay. Their eyes met.

“Abhay....” He walked up next to her, wanting to touch her, wanting to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. She was okay, alive and well. He held himself back before he could. Her recovering condition couldn’t absolve him of his guilt. 

“Are you okay?” 

She nodded, her fingers now gently holding onto the sleeve of his shirt. “Thanks to you....” 

Thanks to me? I almost killed you. But she didn’t know that part. She never saw him as a threat. His expression changed, and he turned away. Why do you think I’m your savior?

“I told you before, na? Whenever I need someone, whenever I’m in trouble, you’re there for me. Like an angel.” He thought she had read his thoughts somehow, but in reality, she could tell from his pained expression that he felt hurt. “No matter what.” 

Angel, hero, savior. The words stung. He was none of those. 

It was true, he had stopped at nothing to find her once he knew she was in danger. But he had also crossed his limits and drank her blood. He could’ve drained her dry. He could’ve become the very danger that he was trying to save her from. 

“I owe you two thank you’s. One for fixing my ankle the other day, and one for saving my life last night.” 

He closed his eyes, trying to hold himself back from lashing out at her. I don’t save lives Piya, I only take them. He hated how close she was trying to get to him, even though he had been letting her unintentionally. His mind was put into a confusion that he couldn’t make sense of. 

I’m not an angel. I’m a demon.

“You don’t owe me anything.” His reply sounded cold. Piya shrunk back, letting go of his sleeve.

All my thank you’s never reach you, she sulked.

Mandu and Siddharth stood close to the door, watching the two. 

They’re so obviously attracted to each other. 

And they’re the only two that can’t see it. Especially Abhay, it’s been centuries, yet he still has his heart under lock and key.

The two broke their little mental conversation when Abhay shot them a accusatory look. Mandu stepped forward and spoke up. “We’ve decided. Piya, you’ll be staying here until your injuries heal.” 

Piya’s jaw dropped. She did not like this idea. Not because she didn’t like staying here, but because she felt she had put them through so much already. But that guilt of being a burden couldn’t be put into words. Her mind created a bunch of other excuses in its place. “But-“

“Not so fast, Ms.Independent. You’re not going anywhere.”

“But I have practice with Kabir for the charity fair, and what about class? And all my stuff is at home.” She almost let her thoughts spill in a mindless ramble, like a child. She recoiled in pain from moving too much, sparking concern in Abhay. 

“Piya, I really don’t think you’d be able to play until you’ve recovered anyways.” Piya sulked and realized Mandu was right. She couldn’t even lift up her arm without crying. Moving a bow with it would actually put her in the hospital. “As for your lectures, we’ll let the university know. They’ll arrange something.” 

“Your place is also nearby. We can bring you whatever you need.” Siddharth gestured towards the keys that lay next to her phone. “But you’re staying here.”

Piya hesitantly nodded, glancing at Abhay. She couldn’t tell if he was sad, angry, or happy. He just kept a blank expression. He’s too good at hiding his emotions. Is he mad at me? I hope not. Otherwise I have to see his sullen face for the next few days.

Abhay looked at Piya one last time before leaving the room, locking himself in his own room. He leaned back against the doors, staring at the ceiling. 

The attraction he felt towards her was amplified, as a result of drinking her blood. He could feel her presence everywhere. Her thoughts, her emotions, her soul, he could hear and feel all of it. It was overwhelming, even for someone of his strength.

He leapt off of his balcony, landing with lithe steps into the fresh grass below. He took off into the trees, running far away to hunt for a while. He needed to distance himself from this mess. 

————————————————————————

Piya had given Siddharth and Mandu a list of things she needed from her house. It was a very general list: toiletries, a few sets of clothing, and her school bag. There were some important papers in there that she kept at all times. Not having them made her restless. 

Siddharth was observing the photos she had set up on the mantle, while Mandu was gathering some of her clothing. He picked up the one of a younger Piya with a lady. They both shared similar features. Perhaps this was her mother. He smiled and placed it back where it was, turning back to see Mandu ready to go back. She glanced at the photo too. 

“Maybe we should take this with us. It’ll make her feel better.” She picked up the frame and ran her fingers over it. “She seems to love her mother a lot.” 

“Good idea. Was there anything else she needed?” 

“I think we got everything. Shall we?” Mandu nodded.

“Let’s go.” She grabbed his wrist and dragged him outside. 

“After you, love.” He made sure the door was well locked, before walking to their car. 

————————————————————————

Piya had fallen asleep again, mostly due to boredom. She couldn’t do much while bedridden, after all. 

Abhay had returned from his impromptu hunting trip, in the midst of her nap. He peeked inside the room as he passed by, watching her sleeping form. She looked rather cute when she was asleep. Her dark locks were spread out over the pillows, her chest rising and falling with soft and light breaths. Her uninjured arm lay flat on the pillow next to her, her fingers curled gently into her palm. She was lying on the side of a large pillow, propping her right shoulder up to keep her from stressing the injury there.

He had silently wandered inside, his body moving on its own. Mandu and Siddharth were out to get her things, and she was fast asleep. No one would notice. He took a seat next to her.

Why am I here?

He ignored his own thoughts and examined the wound on her arm. His fingers gently brushed across the rigid bandages, causing her to shiver in slight discomfort. He pulled back, trying his best not to hurt her, instead running the backs of his cool fingers down her rosy cheeks. She relaxed and moved in a little, closer to his touch. Thankfully, she didn’t wake up from this. That would’ve been awkward for the both of them. 

What are you?, he asked to her sleeping form. What is it about you that pulls me close to you?

He had never encountered a human like her before. He had put considerable distance between himself and humans, refusing to create any sort of meaningful relationship with them. She should’ve been the same way. 

Then why won’t you let me stay away?

His thoughts went back to that first night, how easily she had walked into the dark confines of the forest that surrounded them. She wasn’t afraid of it, she was comforted by it. He wished she feared the forest, away from the dangers it contained. Away from him. She would be safe that way. 

I’m not worth it, Piya. Stop torturing me with these feelings.

If he hadn’t kept control over his emotions, he was sure to cry. It was easy to blame her for what he was feeling. But his dead heart craved those feelings just as strongly. 

After much thought, he came up with a reason to see her. I need to know....how you’re connected to that werewolf. He switched focus and pressed his palms against both her temples, concentrating and entering the recesses of her mind. 

It was an organized chaos.

She had mental blocks everywhere, as if she were trying to suppress some memories. Every time Abhay tried to look past them, she’d whimper and struggle. Sometimes even cry. Her body eventually tried to wrestle itself free from his power. He let go immediately, lest he do more harm than good to her. She shouldn’t be moving in this state. 

Forgive me. He caressed her cheeks and helped her calm down. 

He heard the door unlock downstairs, forcing him to leave quickly. With his speed, that was easy. Unfortunately, Siddharth had noticed Abhay coming out of Piya’s room and smirked. If Abhay was fast, his eyes were faster. 

“I’ll take this stuff up to her.” Siddharth nodded.

Mandu noticed Piya was asleep and left her bag and other things on top of the dresser, placing her mother’s photo on the side table. She checked up on her wounds and found them healing at a good pace. She would be up on her feet in no time. 

————————————————————————

The rogue in the basement had started to act up again, clawing and banging on the walls of the room. Abhay sensed this and immediately went downstairs, throwing the door open and kicking him square in the gut. He bent over in pain. 

“Shut. Up.” Abhay hissed. 

“How long are you going to keep me down here, huh? Tell me, leech,” he spat.

“All you have to do is talk.” Abhay grabbed his arm and threw him hard against the wall. “Your freedom is only a few names away.” 

“I don’t trust you.” 

Abhay smirked. He didn’t trust these dogs either. 

“I didn’t ask you to. Let’s start with your name first.” 

He hesitated, looking Abhay straight in the eyes. He didn’t want to experience that torture again. His aura seemed much stronger the last time he was there. It’s intensity was frightening enough; he didn’t even have the energy to resist him again. 

It’s like he’s hiding his true strength.

His lips trembled. “V-V-Vinay.” 

“See, that wasn’t so hard, was it?” Abhay tilted his head. He picked up Vinay in his grip and lifted him high enough to prevent his feet from touching the floor. “Next name. The werewolf that sent you.” 

“I-“ Abhay choked him harder. “I...can’t tell you. She’ll kill....me.” 

“And if you don’t tell me, I’ll kill you.” 

Vinay looked around, trying to figure out a way to escape or take down Abhay. But it was futile. He was too weak. Abhay let his fangs out, staring at Vinay’s throat. The veins underneath throbbed violently. Abhay licked his lips. “I am rather thirsty...”

So this is how I’m going to die, becoming a vampire’s afternoon snack...

Abhay set him down and and put him in a chokehold, leaving part of his neck exposed. “Last chance, Vinay.”

Vinay lashed and kicked against Abhay’s strong grip, flinching at the sharp hiss that escaped Abhay’s lips as he prepared to bite. But he still wouldn’t say. A werewolf’s loyalty was his pride. He wouldn’t lose it, even in death. 

“It’s a shame. I’ve lost my patience.” 

Abhay locked his fingers in Vinay’s hair and twisted his neck to the side, cracking his spine. He sunk his fangs deep into his throat, tearing through his flesh like a knife in butter.

If only you didn’t let your loyalty come in the way, maybe I would’ve let you live.

Abhay angrily dragged the body upstairs, upset at the lack of information. He threw him outside into a pile of dead leaves. 

“He’s dead?” Siddharth asked, eyeing the torn out throat and the blood running down the corner of Abhay’s lips. Abhay nodded and explained what had happened downstairs. 

“At least Piya will be safe, for now.” Mandu said. Abhay looked on, still unconvinced. He tore off a branch from a nearby tree and set it on fire with his palm, throwing it onto the body. It burst into flames, consuming the deceased wolf’s flesh in mere minutes. All that was left behind was a smoldering pile of ash. 

————————————————————————

Dipanita didn’t show much concern for the rogue after he delivered the news of the girl’s death. He hadn’t returned yet, leading her to believe that some vampires may have caught him. 

No matter, he won’t say anything against me anyways. Loyalty reigned supreme amongst their kind. 

She sneered, sipping on a glass of wine, her long nails clicking against the glass table. That rogue was a pawn anyways, a desperate fool that played right into her hands like clay. The girl was dead as well. And she didn’t have to lift a single muscle. 

Her son would be safe. If there was no girl in the picture, then there was nothing for Jeh to find. Even if he continued to look for her, he wouldn’t be able to do anything that incriminated him. She needed him for bigger purposes. That girl would only be his downfall. 

————————————————————————

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed! 🤗

simply.meghana thumbnail

thank you 🤗

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 9

Incomplete 

Piya felt considerably better as the hours went by. She could even get up on her own, although with slow movements. The wounds still stung a little, but they were healing quicker than she expected. 

It’s strange. I thought my wounds were deeper, but I barely feel them now.

She hadn’t seen anyone in terms of a doctor around here, nor had she heard a mention of one. 

Was I really not that serious when Abhay found me?

She was skeptical. The wolf that attacked her seemed like it would only leave her after she was throughly dead and torn through. Maybe they called a doctor when I was unconscious, but then in that case, they could’ve taken me to a hospital too. She let out a huff, and rubbed her temples. So many questions, and it made her head hurt. 

She hugged the photo of her and her mother close to her heart, erasing all her tension. She was grateful to Mandu for bringing it to her; it made her feel slightly more at home. 

The door to the guest room was propped open a little, allowing various smells to drift Piya’s way. Whatever it was, it smelled yummy. She licked her lips, almost greedily. She hadn’t been able to eat much, with the wounds on her abdomen. It hurt to even breathe. However, that was her state a few hours ago. She was feeling much better now.

She got up from the bed and took baby steps towards the door, peering outside. The smell was coming from downstairs. Her mouth watered just thinking about food. 

She stepped outside quietly, hobbling her way towards the stairs. She hadn’t tried walking down them yet, worried that she would fall over in her weakness and break her skull open. 

“Allow me.” Siddharth said from behind. Piya jumped a little, her hands gripping the railings. He chuckled and gladly offered her his arm. “My apologies for startling you.” 

Piya smiled. “Thanks Siddharth.” She linked arms with him and let him take her downstairs as a support. Her eyes wandered to the dining table, which was now lined with food. “We thought you’d be hungry. Before you ask, this is all for you.” 

“All of this-“ Piya stared at the selection of dishes that lay in front of her. There were plates of cut fruit, orange juice, yogurt, a light soup, and some sandwiches. 

She had never seen this much for one person before. She was usually a light eater. Her stomach growled.

“Now sit, and eat to your heart’s content.” Mandu popped out from the kitchen, helping Piya take her seat.

“This is so much. I don’t think I can finish it all.”

“Nonsense. This is nothing.” Mandu pinched her chin. “You need finish all of this. And I’m not moving until you do.” She took an apple slice and stuck in Piya’s open mouth. Piya giggled and took it from her hands, chewing slowly. She felt like she was with her mother again. Her cheerful smile turned into a bittersweet one.

“Mumma used to feed me like this too.....” Her voice trailed. A single tear fell from her cheek, her chest tightening. She wiped it quickly and smiled again. “Sorry...”

“Don’t apologize.” Mandu ruffled her hair and gave her another morsel. “It’s not a crime to miss someone.” 

Piya glanced around, looking for Abhay. She hadn’t seen him since she had first woken up, but she knew he came to see her during one of her naps. He made it so obvious to her that he cared. Yet he was hiding from her. 

She then eyed her bandaged arm. “It’s amazing that I’m feeling better already, and it’s only been a few hours.” Mandu stopped, meeting eyes with Siddharth. “I really thought I would be in the hospital right now.“

“Perhaps the shock from the attack made you think your wounds were much worse than they actually were.” Siddharth said, lying straight through his teeth. “We did have a family doctor come treat you last night, but even he didn’t think it was too serious.” Piya nodded.

“I see.” Somehow, she wasn’t convinced, even though they would know better than she did. She pushed the thought out of her mind, attributing her confusion to her prior unconsciousness and fuzzy memory.

Mandu looked worried. She mindlinked with Siddharth. You think she bought it?

I’m not betting on it. But at least she’s not commenting further.

Piya went quiet, realizing she was the only one eating. She glanced at the food and back at them. “Have you all eaten already? I feel bad eating all this myself.” 

“Yes ma’am, we ate before you.” Mandu shoved the spoon of warm soup in her mouth. “Now focus on eating, no more questions.” 

Piya nodded her head like an obedient child, letting Mandu feed her. 

Is this what family feels like?

Thirteen years made the feeling foreign to her. Although she had good memories of living with her uncle, some things just couldn’t be replaced. The feeling of being alone always stayed with her after her mother died. 

Piya wasn’t the only one reminiscing about the past. Mandu too had tuned out everything else around her. She couldn’t help but feel like she was in her own past again, with someone of her own. 

”No, no, no! I won’t eat!”

A young girl of around 7 years of age sat at the large dining table, servants rushing about like bees around a flower, trying to feed the little one something. She hadn’t eaten all day. She sat with her arms crossed, her feet kicking the wood of the table underneath with large bangs. The plates and utensils on tops vibrated and hopped around. 

“I want my didi! Where is she?” She slammed her tiny fists onto the table.

“Princess, your sister is busy with her history lessons.”

“Then I won’t eat until she is here.” 

“But Princess....”

Her sister was watching from around the corner, already done with her lessons for the hour, giggling at her daily tantrums. She caught her trying to run away, much to the little one’s delight. 

“Didi!” 

“Where are you going, silly?” Both their stomachs growled. They burst into a fit of giggles and walked back into the dining table. “Will you eat now?” 

“Only if you feed me didi!”

Mandu snapped out of her flashback, looking at Piya once more.

Even she used to only eat from my hands.

Piya broke the silence with yet another question.

“By the way, who made all this? It‘s very tasty.” Siddharth cleared his throat and gestured upstairs. Abhay was walking by, looking as if he were planning to brood for the next hour, entering one of the rooms. 

“No. You’re not serious.” Piya simply couldn’t believe it. Mr. Moody cooked for me? There’s no way.

“You’re joking right?” She continued. Both Mandu and Siddharth shook their heads, holding back laughs. She was shocked, but  reached for the remaining sandwiches anyways. They were just too yummy. 

——————————————————————

Abhay was in the study, which housed their massive personal library. He liked to read from time to time, as a way to keep busy. 

Fantasy novels were his guilty pleasure. He saw the genre as a humanly attempt to understand the supernatural world. It was quite amusing, the things they would come up with. Some elements weren’t entirely incorrect, but these books reeked of unrestrained imagination and clear lack of knowledge about their world. But he did enjoy some of them. He had recently finished the last of the The Witcher series. Those novels was probably his favorite of any fantasy novel series he’s ever read.

He was currently searching through one of the bookcases for a new book to start on. The door swung open.

“-and this is our study.” Siddharth had stepped inside with Piya, presumably giving her a house tour. Abhay turned back to the shelf, his fingers muddling with a few books in front of him. He pushed them forward with his fingers and let them fall back in place, the spine creating a knocking sound as it hit the wood. 

Piya’s face lit up as bright as the morning sun on seeing all these books in front of her, her lips curling up into a wide smile. She loved to read. After the music room, she would often be found in a library, hiding between the most random shelves, buried deep in the most random of novels. The study at her house didn’t have nearly as many books as theirs did. 

She took notice of another stunning addition to the room, a grand Steinway & Sons piano, sitting in the center. She had never seen such an exquisite piano up close before. They were of high quality and boasted a high price tag. The shine and sleekness of the wood was something out of this world. 

“Wow, so many books and such a beautiful piano.” Her voice sounded like a sweet melody, just like the music she played. She took a step forward, not realizing Abhay was in the same room as her. She was too lost in the ocean of literature and the grandeur of the instrument. She focused on the books first. “Is it okay if I borrow a few?” she asked, turning back towards Siddharth.

“Of course, take as many as you like,” he said. He also noticed Piya’s fascination with the piano. “You can try out the piano too. It’s been sitting silent for a while now.”  

I can touch such a beauty?! This is amazing.

Piya held in her excitement and beamed. “Thank you!”

Abhay stayed silent. 

Piya had finally noticed Abhay standing a few feet away from her, the room suddenly filling with a deafening silence. Siddharth had quickly left the two of them alone, his footsteps getting lighter and farther away. 

He had dressed down for the afternoon, wearing just a black sleeveless top and dark grey sweatpants. Piya swallowed nervously on seeing his toned physique up close. The top was only accentuating it. She bunched up her dress in her palm, trying to hide her blush. 

Abhay turned away, trying to distract himself with the books. Piya kept staring and noticed a tattoo of a bat on his right shoulder blade. She shook her head and turned away as well, hiding her blush and her embarrassment. Now they were facing away from each other, trying to hide themselves by getting up close and personal with two different bookcases. 

Stop being so shameless, Piya.

Don’t give her attention, Abhay.

Her fingers brushed against the tops of the books that lay before her. There were so many different genres. It was like she was standing in a library filled with the world’s entire collection of literature. She could live in this very room if the universe allowed it. She peeked at Abhay, who was occupied in some sort of encyclopedia. Emotionless as always. She frowned, biting her lower lip, and went back to searching. “Abhay....”

“Yes?” Now he sounded irritated. 

“Do you have a copy of The Namesake? I’ve been meaning to read it for a while.” 

More silence.

She thought he had ignored her, due to his lack of response. He just kept moving around the room. She planned to ask again, this time with a hint of irritation in her tone. If politeness can’t reach you, maybe attitude will.

She whirled around, ready to give this moody Raichand a piece of her mind. Instead, she found her back almost pressed against the bookcase behind her, the scent of sandalwood and roses filling the air. Abhay had closed the distance between them, holding up the book she wanted to her face. His free hand was pressed flat against her back, stopping her from hitting the bookcase completely and exacerbating her wounds. His cold touch caused her to shiver. 

Her fingers were shaking as she took the book from him, unable to avert his icy gaze. He had her cornered, like a predator corners its prey. “Th-thanks...” She stammered, hugging the book to her chest. Her cheeks felt really hot. 

“No problem.” He let go of her and walked to the other side of the room. Her jaw dropped. This was the first time he ever returned her thank you.

Abhay tried to go back to looking for something to read, but Piya’s presence was creating a distraction. His inner beast had gotten her blood, now it wanted something else. Her. And not in the innocent way he intended. 

Blood bonds were a complicated subject. He could create a partial bond with any human just by drinking their blood. The only difference between her and other humans, was that she was still around him after the fact. Blood bonds wore off quickly with continued distance. Theirs was only getting stronger. Even if it was incomplete.

He sat down with one of the encyclopedias he was casually looking through earlier, rubbing his temple. He was feeling rather fatigued. Tonight would be a night for actual sleep, but he worried about what those dreams would turn into in this new situation. He couldn’t control his soul in sleep; sleep made his control over anything weak. At least she couldn’t see his entire face in them.

“Do you read everyday?” she asked, taking another book down from the shelf. She glanced at Abhay, waiting for an answer. 

“I do. It’s a nice pastime.” He paused. “You?”

“I try to. It’s hard to find time these days with school. I used to read a lot when I was little.” Abhay looked up in curiosity. She could tell he wanted to continue the conversation. “What kinds of books do you like reading?”

“Fantasy mostly. Otherwise, non-fiction.” Piya was surprised. His personality always seemed so...serious and uninteresting, for lack of a better word. He was reading an encyclopedia for fun, for crying out loud. To think someone like him would enjoy fantasy novels, it came as a surprise.

Abhay eyed the few books she had set on the table. Various genres. “It seems like you don’t have a favorite genre.” She shook her head.

“Not in particular. I like reading all sorts of books, as long as they’re good. It’s like a new experience everytime I open a page.” 

Abhay smiled a little, turning Piya’s cheeks red again. His moods flip-flopped so often.

It’s like he wants me here, but also doesn’t.

Their little conversation made Abhay forget everything else around him. He hadn’t found anyone who liked to read as much as he did. But then again, he never talked to anyone outside his family or clan. He usually spent his time in the study alone. It was nice to have a companion for once. 

Piya finished searching for books, now staring intently at the piano. She took eager steps towards it, running her fingers against the polished wood. Siddharth’s comment made it seem like no one had touched it in a while, yet the surface lacked even a speck of dust. It was well taken care of. 

She sat down on the stool, gently pressing some of the keys with her uninjured arm. She carried some amount of piano playing experience, but not enough to say she was good at it. 

A stack of sheet music sat upon a small side table next to the piano, neatly kept in plastic covers. She flipped through them, finding pieces one would normally find with a pianist. There was one that caught her eye. 

It had no name, and it was handwritten, not printed. Someone had been self-composing. 

“Who plays the piano?” She set the particular sheet music on the piano stand, playing some of the notes with her one hand. Abhay’s face lifted immediately upon hearing the sound, his expression telling her he recognized it.

You’re the one who plays, aren’t you?

Abhay snuck a peek at Piya, having heard her thoughts loud and clear. She had been getting better at figuring out his visual cues. 

She had approached him quietly, the sheet music in hand. “Did you write this?” Abhay looked up to meet her eyes. Her swirling irises were filled with curiosity. He took it from her fingers, looking away.

Piya noticed his slight annoyance. “Will you play it for me?” 

Silence. 

“It’s not that great. And it’s not complete either.” He muttered.

“I’ll be the judge of that.” She plucked the massive encyclopedia out of his fingers and grabbed his wrist, dragging him with all her strength to the grand piano. He remained standing, holding an incredulous stare.

Piya curled up in one of the armchairs facing the piano and waited, tapping her feet against the fabric. Abhay stared at the keys, the paper wrinkling between his fingers. 

You won’t let me leave until I play. You’re very stubborn, Piya.

He sat down on the stool, placing the music on the piano stand in front of him. 

It had been a while since he last played. They originally bought the piano for show, when they first moved to Dehradun. Abhay had played piano many times before, having learned it easily with the gifted intelligence that comes with being a vampire, but that playing was out of obligation. The musical atmosphere of parties he attended in past years thrived with classical music, encouraging attendees to play if they knew how. He only started taking actual interest in it about a year ago. 

This piece was untitled, and was the first and last piece he had written. He felt like it was missing something, but was unable to figure out what that something was.

The notes he played were filled with a haunting melancholy. To Piya, they conveyed a desperate search to find respite from pain. A healing touch in the embrace of suffering. 

A simple cry for help. The same cry she had seen in both eyes. 

The cobalt blue and icy grey, both were hiding a similar pain.

She closed her eyes, her body floating in a new space and time. Even in its sorrow, it was so beautiful, and perfectly composed.

Why would you say it’s incomplete?

——————————————————————

Misha was about to go nuts. Piya didn’t show up to campus today, and she wouldn’t answer her phone. She paced back and forth outside the canteen, trying Piya’s number again and again. It kept going to voicemail.

“What the hell, Piya? Answer your phone.” 

Kabir had told her he dropped her off the night before, and she seemed perfectly fine. Maybe one of her professors knows.

She rushed to the break room for the Arts department faculty, searching around for any of Piya’s professors. She found Mr. Shrivastav, the music theory professor, sipping on some tea and reading a newspaper. He had his feet kicked up on the coffee table. 

“Excuse me, sir.” He glanced up from his glasses, furrowing his eyebrows. Piya and Kabir had complained about him to her a lot. He was very strict, and not very friendly. On top of that, he took mandatory attendance. Piya would have to inform him if she wasn’t going to be there. It was class policy. “Sorry sir, I just wanted to ask about Piya Jaiswal. Is she absent?”

“And you are?” He adjusted his glasses. 

“Misha Dobriyal. I’m her friend.” 

“Hmmm....yes, she is.” He folded his newspaper and set it on the table. “I received a call from the Raichand family this morning. She met with a small accident, and she’s recovering at their home.”

Raichand? Why is she there? And an accident?

“Thank you, sir.” She ran out, bumping into Kabir. 

“What happened, Mish? Did you get through to Piya?” She shook her head.

“No, but I asked your professor. He said she met with a small accident and is resting at the Raichand’s place.” Kabir looked confused. 

“But I dropped her home myself. Unless she went somewhere after that.” He scratched his head. “You have Mandakini’s number right? I would call her.” 

Misha flashed a wide grin. “You’re a genius, Kabir.” She squished his cheeks between her palms, taking out her phone. 

Mandu was about to check up on Piya, when her phone buzzed. Misha?

“Hello?”

“Hey Mandakini, is Piya there? Professor Shrivastav was saying she met with a small accident?” 

“Don’t worry, Misha. She’s here and is doing okay. We didn’t want to leave her alone at her place.” Misha sighed in relief. Words couldn’t explain how thankful she was. 

“Thank you so much. Can Kabir and I come see her later today?” 

“Sure.” 

Mandu cut the call, peeking into the study, happy at the sight she was seeing. Abhay was playing the piano for her. She opened the door and cleared her throat, causing Abhay to abruptly stand up. “Piya, Misha just called.” 

Piya froze. She had forgotten about Misha. She had put her phone on silent when she was resting, and forgot to check her missed calls. Misha was probably worried, since she didn’t show up to campus. Piya, you’re so stupid. She should’ve called Misha sooner. She smacked her forehead. 

“Don’t worry, I spoke to her. She and Kabir wanted to see you later.” Piya nodded eagerly. 

“That would be nice. I’ll call her too, just in case.” She picked up the books she chose earlier and left as quickly as she could, upsetting Abhay a little. 

——————————————————————

“A wolf? What the hell? Seriously?”

“Yeah! It was big and scary too. Big teeth and these bright glowing eyes. If Abhay didn’t show up on time, I probably would’ve been dead.”

“That Abhay? Abhay Raichand? I still don’t believe it. He saved you. Last time he saved you, he looked like he wanted to die.” Misha scoffed over the phone. “They didn’t take you to the hospital either. I find that strange.”

“I did too at first. But I’m feeling much better now. The wolf must’ve been scared off before it attacked me further.” In reality, she had convinced herself of that scenario. She couldn’t remember much of the actual details herself.

“Whatever. I’m just glad you’re okay.” Piya smiled. “Kabir and I will be there later this evening. We’ll see you then.” 

“Okay. Bye.” She hung up, placing her phone back on the table. Now that this was out of the way, she could join Abhay back in the study. She found him gone once she returned. 

I couldn’t even compliment his playing. She pouted. 

The mansion was awfully quieter than usual, with only the occasional breeze howling through the windows. She decided to take a walk in the gardens outside. The sun was out and bright today. 

She found Mandu tending to some flowers, both Siddharth and Abhay nowhere to be found. Piya took off her sandals and stepped into the cool grass, stretching as much as she could. It felt nice to catch some sunlight. “Where did Abhay and Siddharth go?” she asked. 

“Oh they had to go to the office. Some urgent meeting.” Piya nodded and looked down, joining her by the flower beds, her fingers dancing around the bloomed roses. 

“Mandu, does Abhay hate me?” The question came out of nowhere. Mandu stopped her gardening work.

“He has a difficult time opening up to people. It may come off as an attitude or hate, but it’s not that. Trust me.” Piya nodded and thought back to his smile in the study. It seemed so kind and sweet. Like a different Abhay was hiding just behind his cold exterior. Why is he donning this mask?

Mandu had listened to her thoughts, and answered them, though unintentionally. “I think he’s just afraid.” 

“Afraid? Of what?” Piya listened closer. 

“Getting close to someone.” Mandu looked somber, recalling the past and all its painful details. So many years had passed, but it still hurt, like it had happened yesterday. “I think he’s gotten used to being on his own.” She picked up a small watering can and held it over the roses, trying to smile. 

Piya was confused by this small revelation, but didn’t say anything. This family was hiding something much bigger than what she knew. Maybe it was best not to know. She felt bad for Abhay. Closing off your heart to others was hard; she knew that better than anyone. She, herself, had tried to justify her father’s actions after he left, looking for just a small reason to forgive him, or placing a small hope in her heart that one day, he would come back. She couldn’t find one, and he never came back. Once her mother passed, she gave up.  

Mandu changed the subject. 

“Anyways, what do you think of my garden?” Piya smiled and looked around. “It’s my pride and joy.” 

“It’s very beautiful. You know, I’ve only seen gardens like this in movies.” The landscaping and plants transitioned seamlessly with the surrounding forest. “Full of life.”

Mandu laughed fo herself. 

So much life, surrounding a house filled with death, she thought. It’s quite the contrast.

——————————————————————

Misha and Kabir arrived at the Raichand mansion at the same time as Abhay and Siddharth. The two cars pulled up one behind the other. Abhay stared at the two as they exited the car, shutting off the ignition. Misha, he didn’t mind so much. She was just a little irritating at times. Kabir was the one he minded. His fingers ground into the steering wheel, creating small indentations in the material. 

“Abhay, let’s go.” Siddharth urged. “They’re just here to see Piya.” Mandu had messaged him at the office earlier, informing him of their arrival. 

He stepped out of the car, trying to hide his distaste.

“Hi Siddharth. Hi Abhay...” Misha’s voice fell on greeting Abhay. Everytime she saw him, he seemed to be in a grouchy mood. 

He saved Piya? Please.

“Actually, we’re here to see Piya.”

“Yes Mandu told us. Come in.” They walked to the front door together. Kabir and Misha exchanged glances at each other. They didn’t really come to the Raichand mansion often, with their parties being the exception.  It always seemed foreign to them. 

Piya was sitting at the dining table again, joyfully having her dinner. Mandu cooked it this time. Piya had hesitantly conceded that Abhay’s cooking was better than hers, although both were really good at it. 

“Hmph....looks like I have to try harder.” Mandu sulked and rested her face between her palms. “Abhay’s just too good at everything.” 

The large doors opened with a creak. Misha ran to Piya as soon as she saw her, throwing her arms around her, carefully of course. “You scared me, dude!” She took a good look at her. The bandages were rather apparent, but Piya looked absolutely fine beyond that. 

Kabir followed behind, giving Piya a hug as well. Piya looked at him apologetically. “Sorry Kabir, I won’t be able to practice with you for a few days.” 

“It’s okay, Piya. Focus on getting better first.” He smiled. “Besides, I think I need to practice more than you do.” Piya giggled.

“Nonsense, you play very well.” 

Abhay was watching the two from the stairs, his nails digging into his palms. Something is burning...., Siddharth thought to Abhay. He could practically feel Abhay’s jealousy omitting every other aura in the room. Abhay ignored him, his hands behind his back, but he continued to watch Kabir. For some reason, he didn’t like how close he was to Piya. 

Kabir lost his train of thought, feeling a small headache growing. He rubbed his temple, dissipating it temporarily. 

“Can I get you two anything?” Mandu asked, looking at both guests. Both shook their heads in unison. 

“We’re fine, but thank you. What did the doctor say?” Misha asked. 

“Our family doctor said there’s nothing to worry about. Piya’s wounds were not too serious,” Mandu said. Piya nodded in agreement. 

“Thank goodness.” Misha sighed in relief. 

Kabir and Piya met eyes again, which irritated Abhay even more. 

Kabir’s headache grew stronger. He gripped his head, bending forward slightly. His palm clasped onto the chair in front of him. “Kabir, are you okay?” Piya asked. 

“Yeah, just got a bad headache all of a sudden.”

“Let me get you some water, Kabir.” Mandu rushed into the kitchen.

Abhay realized what had happened and forced himself to calm down, retreating to his room. If he let his emotions take control any longer, Kabir could actually get hurt. Piya had glanced at him before he left, catching just a hint of cobalt flashing in his eyes. What was that?

She blinked twice and looked on. No, it’s just a hallucination. You’re just trying to see him in Abhay.

Kabir started to feel better after drinking some water. The headache and throbbing just vanished like they were nothing. “I don’t know what happened. Maybe I was just dehydrated or something.” 

“Looks like you need some bed rest too.” Misha joked, hugging Piya one last time. “We should head out. Get well soon.” 

“I will.” Piya waved to them. 

Siddharth saw them out, while Piya finished her food. While Abhay’s cooking gave her energy, Mandu’s cooking made her comfortably drowsy. She was looking forward to retiring for the night, letting out a big yawn. 

“Go get some sleep, sleepyhead. You’ve been moving a lot today.” Piya nodded and let Mandu take her upstairs, falling into bed almost immediately. She was silently hoping he’d come to see her after she fell asleep; it had been a few days since she last dreamt about him. 

She tucked herself into the soft covers and closed her eyes, her wish soon to be fulfilled. 

——————————————————————

She opened her eyes to an empty room, a single piano sitting in the center, under a dim, flickering spotlight. Its keys were moving on its own. She recognized the melody. 

Abhay’s song?

She stepped closer to the possessed instrument, watching the keys move up and down without a pianist to touch them. She tried touching another key, but it seemed glued in place. No amount of strength would move it. 

She stepped back, trying to find another light source. Looking up, she found the twinkling stars. But no moon. An incomplete night sky. 

It’s so dark.

A pair of footsteps echoed with the sequence of notes, walking towards Piya. She stepped back, bumping into her guest. 

“The music....what do you think?” The song looped for another time. It was him. 

She smiled. “It’s one of the most beautiful pieces I’ve ever heard.”

He let his arms wrap around her waist, holding both her hands in his. He shouldn’t be going this far, but he wanted to. This was the only time he would be able to. 

She turned her head to the side and looked up, admiring the glow of his cobalt irises. They were like two shimmering sapphires, sparkling in the twilight. 

She turned around, the darkness still hiding the rest of his details from her. “Will you ever show me, who you are?” Her fingers searched for his features, grazing his nose and lips. He held her waist and gently swayed her to the music, eyes flooded with a sudden pain. 

Please don’t ask me that, Piya. I can never give you the answer you want.

His nose brushed against her cheek, his lips touching hers in a gentle kiss. 

They were as cold as ice, melting against her warm ones. They molded perfectly around each other. The kiss deepened, her hands finding his shoulders to hold onto. Piya gasped for air, forcing him to let go. He let her catch her breath, trailing kisses from her forehead down to her neck. Her skin tasted just like her scent. Lavender and strawberries. 

“Abhay.....” she whispered. 

He stopped, stepping back. Either she had figured him out, or something else was going on in her mind that he wouldn’t understand. But he knew, he had made a mistake by giving into this strange feeling. 

I went too far.......

Piya lacked the understanding of his reaction, watching him immediately disappear into the shadows. Did she upset him by taking Abhay’s name? Was he really not Abhay? 

Why do you both seem like one?

The piano stopped playing on a low note, and everything else grew dark. 

Why won’t you tell me?

——————————————————————

Please like and comment if you enjoyed! 😊 Thank you all for the support so far! ❤️

Link to the complete (*wink wink*) song: https://youtu.be/ewBOcdz29Sw

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I’m so sorry for being late dear🙏
Finally I read both chapters

Amazing chapter as always 

I’m so glad that madhu siddarth & Abhay saved pia from that werewolf🤗

Abhay tried to get the name of the person who send him to kill pia

But that vinay was too loyal to tell her name to Abhay

Good that Abhay killed that idiot

Now Abhay think pia is also secretive like them

Glad raichand didn’t let pia to go her home & keep her at their hom🤗

Poor pia have so many questions abt her injuries but raichand also can’t tell her the truth🤔

Madhu & siddarth trying to play Cupid between abhiya as much as they can😉

But both abhiya taking longway😊

Wow Abhay play piano for pia so cute😃

On the other hand misha was hell worried for pia at least she got to know pia is at raichand mansion 

Poor misha it’s really hard for her to believe Abhay saved pia🤣

Uff jealous Abhay😈

He can’t see kabir close to pia😈

Abhay’s anger gave kabir headache suddenly

Poor boy have to stay away from pia otherwise Abhay would do something to him😈

Wow abhiya’s first kiss☺️

But Abhay just went away after that kiss🥺

Hope Abhay will find abt dipanita was the 1 who want to kill pia🙏
continue plz

simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: cuteariya

I’m so sorry for being late dear🙏
Finally I read both chapters

Amazing chapter as always 

I’m so glad that madhu siddarth & Abhay saved pia from that werewolf🤗

Abhay tried to get the name of the person who send him to kill pia

But that vinay was too loyal to tell her name to Abhay

Good that Abhay killed that idiot

Now Abhay think pia is also secretive like them

Glad raichand didn’t let pia to go her home & keep her at their hom🤗

Poor pia have so many questions abt her injuries but raichand also can’t tell her the truth🤔

Madhu & siddarth trying to play Cupid between abhiya as much as they can😉

But both abhiya taking longway😊

Wow Abhay play piano for pia so cute😃

On the other hand misha was hell worried for pia at least she got to know pia is at raichand mansion 

Poor misha it’s really hard for her to believe Abhay saved pia🤣

Uff jealous Abhay😈

He can’t see kabir close to pia😈

Abhay’s anger gave kabir headache suddenly

Poor boy have to stay away from pia otherwise Abhay would do something to him😈

Wow abhiya’s first kiss☺️

But Abhay just went away after that kiss🥺

Hope Abhay will find abt dipanita was the 1 who want to kill pia🙏
continue plz

No worries 🤗 and thank you for reading! 

I wonder when they’ll find out about dipanita 😆 stay tuned!

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 10

Persona 

The man in front of the mirror met with his three other faces, all standing with some degree of distance behind his solemn reflection.

The one who knew emotion, the one who forgot emotion, and the one who didn’t care for either. 

The one who knew emotion was so far back that he began to fade into the darkness that surrounded the room. It wore his dimpled smile.

The him that only the past knew.

The one who forgot emotion gave him a look of ice, turning away. It stared at the one who knew emotion with an acute jealousy. 

The him that everyone in his present knew.

The one who didn’t care for either stared back at the real him with a fierce intensity, mocking the other two with a scathing smirk. It saw them as weak fools, both stopping it from getting what it wanted. The beast’s craving. 

The him that only he knew.

Abhay slammed his fist into the mirror, the glass shards falling in large fragments onto the floor. The dangling bits that remained showed him all three personas at once, all three now staring at him with scorn.

He stared at his fist, knuckles covered in a liquid black. Even his blood, like his life, lacked proper color. The color of darkness, supposed to signify a stronger breed of vampire, was nothing but a curse to him. 

The blood trickled down his fingers onto the shards, blotting the reflective material that lay at his feet. His hand had numbed to the pain.

“You’re hurt.” 

He looked over to see her baby brown eyes, the eyes that gave the one who knew emotion immense joy, and gave the one who forgot emotion a reason to remember. 

She was surrounded by a soft, white glow. Like the angel she was.

Am I hallucinating?, he thought. 

She took his hand without saying another word, tearing off a piece of her nightgown and wrapping it tight around his bleeding fingers. She didn’t question the unnatural color of his blood. 

The wounds had already healed, but he didn’t tell her. 

She tied a knot, leaving his hand at his side. “Please be careful.”

He closed his eyes, trying to shake away the hallucination. First the kiss, and now this. She and the cloth around his hand were gone when he opened his eyes again. 

His fingers touched his lips. The dream they just shared mimicked reality so well that he could still taste her sweetness on them. If he didn’t force himself awake, who knows what else could’ve happened. 

Stay away from her. He crushed the frame of the now broken mirror in his palm, the wood cracking into small splinters.

His actions had a habit of betraying his intentions. The more he stayed away, the closer he would end up to her. Fate proved this every time. Even she had begun to realize, that no matter the problem or need, he would somehow be there for her. Be it in their dreams, or in reality. 

His three personas were waging war within him, for dominance. Just because of her. 

——————————————————————

Piya was up early, reading through some of the books she picked out to pass the time. 

After that dream, sleep was impossible. 

Her first kiss, stolen by a man whose face was unknown to her. If these highly realistic  dreams kept themselves up, she would end up cutting and pasting Abhay’s face into them. The similarity was too glaring to ignore. 

A faint playing resounded in the room, whenever she closed her eyes. His song. 

His earlier words bothered her, the ones that called the piece incomplete. It sounded to her like he abandoned it after running into a creative block. 

Why do I care so much?

Perhaps it was the musician in her, who couldn’t see anyone dissatisfied in a piece that they wrote.

She pulled out several blank sheets from her bag, along with her favorite fountain pen. She quietly left the room, the hallways dark. Only the flickering red candles lined against the walls provided some sort of light. 

Feels like a haunted house, she thought. The wind whistled through the small gaps between the window panes. Branches tapped on the glass. Not a sound inside the mansion itself. 

She found the doors to the study and pushed them open, turning on the lamp next to the piano. The sheet music was still on the piano stand. 

She copied the notes down carefully, leaving it untitled. Only he had the right to title it.

——————————————————————

Seems like the Raichands are morning people.

She could already hear voices downstairs.

Piya changed into a simple white blouse and dark denim jeans, putting her hair into a loose braid. Her wounds no longer hurt, allowing her to get ready on her own. She pulled the door open, walking outside and colliding side first into Abhay. She backed away immediately. 

He was dressed in a casual business suit, all black except for a red tie. He just stared at her, clenching his jaw. He could think of nothing but the kiss and hallucination. The few pleasant interactions they shared yesterday were thrown out the window. 

“Oh, I’m really sorry, Abhay.“ He remained silent, giving her his signature emotionless stare. Her cheeks turned pink. He walked downstairs, leaving the house too quickly for her to follow.

Did I do something? He seemed fine yesterday.

She shook her head and walked downstairs.

Siddharth and Mandu were in the kitchen, bickering about something. Siddharth was in charge of cooking for Piya this time around. He was making breakfast for her.

Siddharth watched Mandu hover around him like a butterfly, while he held up a small bowl of pancake batter above his head. She pouted like a child, hands behind her back. She was trying to distract him. Her waves bounced as she leaned forward and back on her heels.

“I thought we agreed on no sabotage. Don’t touch my ingredients....”

She giggled and pinched his cheeks from behind. 

“....or me.” 

“Sabotage? I’m just standing here.” She smugly smiled. Siddharth was not having any of this. The pancake on the stove was close to burning. “So rude. Why did I even marry you?” 

Siddharth set the bowl down and frowned, simultaneously flipping the pancake over and grabbing her by the waist. It landed with a crisp sizzle. 

“You could’ve said no. I’m the one who asked for your hand.” 

He let her go and turned away, focusing on cooking. She stood on her toes and pecked a kiss on his cheek, quelling his offense.

“I’m just kidding....I could never say no.” Her light green eyes sparkled when they looked at each other. Piya just about reached the kitchen, clearing her throat. It felt like a crime, interrupting the two lovebirds. 

Mandu noticed her and finally left Siddharth alone. He smiled to himself. She cared a lot for Piya. There was a void in Mandu’s heart that she ended up filling. 

You’re quite the special girl, Piya, he thought. 

“Piya? You’re up this early?” Piya nodded. Mandu touched her cheeks. “How are you feeling? I was going to check on you later.”

“I’m feeling a lot better. The pain is all gone now. Just the slight weakness is left.” 

Siddharth churned out another pancake, perfecting his plating. 

“That’s wonderful. Tell you what, I’ll check on your wounds later today and we’ll see how far the healing has gotten.” Piya happily nodded. 

Mandu was sure her wounds had already healed completely, the bandages were just there for show at this point. Piya hadn’t seemed too suspicious of the true state of her initial wounds, but Mandu had her doubts.

She’s a very curious girl. 

They would have to tread carefully. 

At least she’s okay.

Siddharth cleared his throat, plates balancing on his arms like a professional. He laid them out on the table, pulling a chair out for Piya. 

“Show off.” Mandu muttered. He winked at her.

Pancakes, a fruit salad, a cup of warm tea, and a plate of eggs and pan fried potatoes spiced with fresh herbs. Piya licked her lips. 

“By the way, what were you two fighting about?” she asked, taking her seat. 

“We kinda got into a cooking competition. My darling wife here thought it would be nice to cheat a little.” Mandu stuck her tongue out at him. 

“It wasn’t cheating. I was just watching you cook.” 

It wasn’t everyday where they all could cook and have someone taste it too. It also wasn’t everyday where they’d have a human living with them. 

“Besides, I think we all know who the winner is.” She was sure Piya would say Abhay. 

“Oh really?” Siddharth crossed his arms. They were shooting invisible daggers at each other. “Piya, give it a taste.” 

Piya nodded and sampled the dishes one by one. The two watched her like contestants on a cooking show. Piya played along and gave exaggerated nods, rubbing her chin in deep thought. 

Not bad.

She then went for the pancakes, which were topped with blueberries and a light syrup. 

Wow.....

Piya looked apologetically at Mandu, taking indulgent bites of the heavenly pancakes that Siddharth had made. They just melted in her mouth. It was like eating literal perfection. She glanced at both and confidently pointed at Siddharth. “Siddharth wins.” 

“Yes!” He yelled, emboldened in triumph. Piya almost choked while holding back a laugh. Mandu‘s jaw dropped. 

“Even better than Abhay?” she asked. Piya nodded. Mandu sulked and sat down. She was in last place. “No fair. I tried so hard too.” Siddharth walked over to her side of the table and wrapped his arms around her. She was just waiting for him to console her. 

“It feels great to be a winner.” Her eager smile turned into a frown. She kicked Siddharth in the shin. Piya couldn’t hear it, but she had managed to crack a bone. “Hey-“ 

“You’re so mean!“ She got up and started to play hit him. Piya kept eating, entertained by their antics.   

——————————————————————

Abhay had left a little too early for the office, in his objective to stay away from Piya. It’s just a physical attraction. Nothing more. He leaned his elbow against the window, one hand on the steering. Nothing more.

He was just about to make the final turn towards the office grounds, but another car cut him off in an attempt to pass him. He slammed on the brakes and pressed his palm into the horn. The two cars were inches away from hitting each other, the other having turned too fast. It skidded to a stop, perpendicular to the road. Abhay put his car in park and stepped outside, ready to give this idiot a piece of his mind. The other driver was still sitting in his car. 

Abhay approached the idle vehicle, hand in his pocket. He had to knock on the window, more than once. Testing my patience, huh?

After a minute or so, the driver rolled down his window. He seemed about Abhay’s physical age, wearing a loose collared shirt, a few buttons undone, and navy slacks. The arrogance was written all over his face. He smelled human. But he also gave off the same strange aura that Abhay felt around that overly perfumed Dipanita Khurana. Whatever she was, this guy had to be the same. 

Abhay snapped his fingers in his face, commanding his attention. “Over here.” 

He looked up to meet Abhay’s eyes, stepping out of the car. A medium-sized paper fell out of the side pocket of the door. Abhay noticed this and carefully placed his foot over it. 

“What?” His stare harbored a slight insanity. He wouldn’t be fun to talk to.

“Next time, when you want to pass someone, make sure you know how to control your own vehicle.”

“Who are you to tell me how I should drive?” He shoved his hands in his pockets, moving himself closer to Abhay. 

“No one in particular,” Abhay said. “But the police are. Should I call them for you?” He pulled out his phone, dialing in a number. 

“Hey-“ 

He grabbed Abhay’s collar. Abhay smirked and held up his phone, his thumb hovering over the call button. 

“It’s in your best interest to let go of me.”

“Oh really? What are you going to do?” 

“Trust me, you don’t want to know.” Abhay grabbed his wrist, and threw his hand away. The force tore a ligament in his upper arm and created a small fracture in his shoulder. Abhay noticed he shook the pain off quickly. 

You’re a fast healer.

The man grimaced at the physical threat and went back into his car, driving past Abhay. Abhay watched him go, lost in concern. If he hadn’t been paying close enough attention, he wouldn’t have noticed anything off about Dipanita or this stranger at all. It was easy to overlook. 

He picked up the paper from under his foot, his fingers sliding over the glossy surface. A photo. Of her. 

Piya? 

He turned his head towards the departed vehicle.

Why does he have-

Pieces connected, allowing him to draw closer to a much needed conclusion.

Are they both werewolves?

——————————————————————

Back at the Raichand mansion, Piya was close to getting her bandages removed, as Mandu promised. They walked upstairs to the guest room. 

Mandu closed the door behind them and had Piya sit on the bed. “Do you mind taking your top off, Piya? It’ll help me take off the bandages on your shoulder.” Piya nodded and slowly pulled off her top.

She undid the knot to the bandages and slowly unwrapped them. The elixir soaked itself completely into the cuts, leaving the cotton pads dry and just lightly stained with her blood. Piya felt like her skin could finally breathe again. She couldn’t wait for the others to come off. 

Mandu silently hoped Piya wouldn’t suspect anything else. She hated coming up with excuses. This whole scenario was difficult to explain away, and it relied on Piya thinking her body being in shock was the main contributor to her early state. The three of them abandoned the idea of partially erasing her memory early on, realizing it would just lead to more, harder to answer questions. 

Just as expected, Piya’s wounds were completely healed. Her skin was bright and new, so much that you couldn’t even tell she had been attacked so brutally. 

“Wow, they healed completely.” Piya immediately turned her shoulder towards the mirror. Mandu was right, the wounds had practically vanished. No scars, nothing. “This is a pleasant surprise.” 

Mandu took the opportunity to undo the other two dressings, uncovering fresh, healed skin. Piya just stared at herself in the mirror. I guess it really wasn’t too serious.

Mandu was about to continue with her little drama, before she noticed strange scars on Piya’s waist. She examined them and lifted an eyebrow. Did we miss some injuries? But then, how did they heal if we missed them?

The scars looked somewhat similar to claw marks, but not as brutal as the ones the rogue made. “Piya....”

“Hmm?” Piya turned away from the mirror and looked at Mandu, who was staring at her waist.

“Those marks....” Mandu pointed to the scars. Piya looked down, her eyes widening when she saw them. She broke out into a sweat and her heart took off like a galloping horse. She grabbed her shirt off the bed and slipped it back on.

“Are you okay, Piya?” She took deep breaths and nodded, sitting on the bedside. Her fingers dug into the mattress. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked.” 

“Don’t apologize, Mandu.” She looked down at the floor, feeling ill. “It’s not your fault.”

Mandu had finally seen Piya’s mask crack, a deep sadness and fear hiding just behind her seemingly immortal smile.

It was a persona that only Piya knew of. A her that was always alone and forever weak. It was trying to control her again. 

She placed her hand on Piya’s shoulder. “Just know, if you ever want to share anything, I’m here for you.” Piya managed to nod. 

“Thank you.” She gave Mandu a tight hug. “Does this mean I can go home?” 

“Aren’t you the eager one? I would say yes, but since you’re still feeling a little weak, I think you should stay at least for tonight.“

“Okay...” 

Piya ran her fingers across the scars on her waist, feeling a familiar sting sizzle like electricity. She closed her eyes, trying to forget about them.

It’s all in the past. Don’t let these marks ruin your mood.

——————————————————————

Piya went back to the study to return the books she had borrowed, remembering she was a college student and had assignments that needed to be completed. 

The room was really stuffy. She opened up one of the windows to let some fresh air in, a slight breeze accompanying it. Piya pulled over one of the step ladders to reach the higher shelves, trying to organize the books in their proper places. The organization was impeccable; she didn’t want to ruin whoever had arranged them this way. Her field of vision reached the top of the case, which was covered in a light blanket of dust and had a few old boxes on top.

A photo, upside down and pinned down under one of the boxes, fluttered about in the breeze. It wrestled free and flew into Piya, hitting her square in the face. She could taste the dust. 

She coughed and held the photo, wiping the remaining dust off with her fingers. The paper was quite worn down and old, the coloring a light sepia. The photo showcased two girls, both reminding her of royalty, one sitting on a decorated chair that resembled a throne, and one with her arms resting around the other girl’s neck.

There was text at the bottom. Some of it had faded away or had been scratched out. 

Rajkumari Mandakini Pandher and [redacted], [redacted].

She looked at the girl in the chair, recognizing her immediately. This is Mandu. But this other girl...

Piya couldn’t quite decipher the rest of the text. It was throughly scratched out, almost intentionally. The year, which seemed to have been written at the end, was also indecipherable.

Why is this photo so old? It looks like something out of the 18th century.

The other girl was very pretty. She had such a radiant smile. They were both wearing royal garbs, plenty of jewels adorning their necks and ears. 

Rajkumari?

Piya thought back to Kabir. He was a descendant of royalty, perhaps Mandu was also the same. However, she had never mentioned her family to Piya, nor had Piya heard of the name Pandher before. The age and look of the photo was peculiar, nonetheless.

Maybe the material and color degraded from sitting up here. The top of the shelf was awfully dusty and prone to light exposure. That was enough to convince Piya for now. 

I wonder who this girl is. They seem really close.

She quickly placed the photo back where she found it and continued to organize the books. But in her hurry, her foot slipped back. With nothing to break her fall, she was ready to extend her stay at the Raichand mansion for more than just a day. 

That was the original plan. She never hit the ground.

“Why can’t you be more careful?” Piya gasped and turned red, turning to meet his eyes. They looked troubled. Her body recoiled in embarrassment, upon feeling his strong arms holding her. He had once again confused her with his speed. 

How do you always know when I’m in trouble? 

She didn’t even hear him enter. 

He set her down, having just arrived home from the office. He was equally as embarrassed. And frustrated. 

“Sorry...” She mumbled. Her mind stopped working, rendering her speechless. She left the room, without looking back.

——————————————————————

Thank you for reading 🤗 please like and comment!

chavi12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nice part. Piya wounds have been healed. . Who was the guy abhay met. Is he wearwolf. Y is he  had piya photo. Is is jeh guy????mandu is a princess. Waiting to see who is her sister.

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Awesome update 

Uff abhiya’s attraction getting more harder☺️

But Abhay is now in stay away from pia mission

Awe madhu & siddarth r really cute & madly in love❤️

Pia love food cook by siddarth😃

Madhu was shocked to know pia loved siddarth food more then Abhay😆

Glad Pia’s wounded were right but madhu is worried abt Pia’s question

uff that jay is so arrogant toward Abhay 

Abhay found Pia’s pic with jay