Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

| Abhiya FF - His Firefly | COMPLETED Chapter 108 Pg 88 - Page 4

simply.meghana thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Chapter 4

Strange Arrivals

“I consider coffee to be one of the greatest drinks humans have ever devised. Even we vampires can drink it.” 

For reasons unknown, the only things vampires could consume besides blood were various alcohols and coffee. Something about the two drinks didn’t upset their withered stomachs. But their respective effects were null and void. They mainly drank it for show or for a change of taste. 

Mandu had laid out her vast collection of coffee beans on the dining table, trying to pick the best blend that Piya would enjoy. It was pure guesswork, as she had nothing else to go off of. The coffee Piya had been drinking the day they first met was of a common variety.

Siddharth was working on his laptop, finishing up some office work. The Raichand business conglomerate was vast, having stakes in many major industries. They had properties and offices all over the globe, partially resulting from their constant need to move cities every few years. Their company had recently been involved in the acquisition of a failing real estate company. Multiple companies had their eyes on this prize, the first of its properties being auctioned off later next week. The three of them would be attending the auction together.

Mandu was upset at the lack of attention she was receiving and frowned. She impatiently tapped her foot against the tiles. The sound echoed throughout the house. She threw her arms down at her sides. 

“Siddharth, tell me na? Which one should I make?” Siddharth glanced up from his laptop and smiled, resting his elbow on the table, leaning his face against his palm. Mandu pouted and threw one of the bags in his face. He caught it without effort. “Pay attention.” 

“As you say, my queen.” Mandu smiled and pointed at the bags. He stared at them for a few seconds before answering. “The citrus and dark chocolate blend.”

“Okay!” She put all the others back in the otherwise empty kitchen and pulled up a chair next to Siddharth. She wrapped her arms around him and let him rest his arm across her shoulders. “Can’t you take some time off from all this? You don’t have time for me anymore. Our businesses won’t collapse if you don’t look at them for a day.” She pouted and looked at her now laughing husband. Siddharth leaned over and kissed her nose. 

“My days and nights belong to you and you only, love.” Mandu blushed and held him tighter. “I’ll make it up to you later.” He winked.

Abhay heard the two flirting with each other, as he was making his way downstairs. He had been waiting to tease them. “Do tell me what new furniture we’re going to need, so I can order it ahead of time.” They had a bad tendency to constantly destroy furniture in their bedroom, as a result of their intimacies. Vampires did make rough lovers, after all. Two vampires in the equation was a recipe for disaster. Not for themselves, but for inanimate objects. Last time, they had broken their own bed frame. 

“Look at my little bro. Buying gifts for his elder brother and bhabhi.” Siddharth wiped a fake tear from his eye. “They grow up too fast.” Abhay threw a pillow at him. “Why is everyone throwing things at me today?” 

Abhay just smirked and ignored him. Siddharth shook his head and turned back to his work. He was investigating each of the companies that were to be at the auction. There was only one he didn’t recognize. “Khurana Group,” he said aloud.

Mandu peeked at his laptop, somewhat curious. “I’ve never heard of this company before. Are they new here?”

Siddharth pursed his lips. “Not sure. There’s not much information I can find on their owners or executive board.” They both shrugged it off. New companies cropped like this up all the time. “Perhaps we’ll just meet them at the auction.” 

Abhay was now sitting in front of the main fireplace, eyes shut, toying with a large, metallic paperweight in his fingers. Though he didn’t want to admit it, he was thinking about Piya. He kept replaying her performance in his mind. He couldn’t stop thinking about her. Something about her had captured his interest and imprisoned it, just out of his reach. He thought back to their first encounter, how fervently he wanted to touch her. His fingers were practically begging to. All for a human girl. A human girl with dreams, aspirations, a bright life. Why would he want to pull her into his darkness? Perhaps he was selfish. He had found a light and wanted it for himself, even if that meant calling this light, this firefly, to its inevitable destruction. 

His head started to throb with these thoughts. He desperately needed a distraction. Anything would do. Anything at all.

As if on cue with his wishes, a small, but bright light appeared in the corner next to the door, immediately catching the attention of the three vampires. A beautiful young woman manifested from it, a woosh sound echoing in the room. She had wavy silver locks, bright green eyes, and glowing runes of varying patterns down her back. Her deep purple dress flowed like a gentle stream as she walked forward into view. She smiled and raised her arms, as to announce her arrival. “Hello, my lovely Raichands. Long time no see.” 

Abhay audibly groaned. The lady shot him a glare. 

“Humans have created a lovely concept of privacy called doors. You should take the time to use them, Seraphina,” Abhay announced from the back, with a sneer. Certain witches and their lack of manners. He shook his head. 

She knew very well he had intended to project his thoughts to her. “Abhay.” She forced a greeting and a half-smile. 

“Seraphina.” He went back to playing with the paperweight.

Seraphina was a 200 year old witch, and a member of the supernatural world’s highest order, The Circle. She currently held the title of the youngest member of the main council, by supernatural standards, tasked with handling territories and their disputes. Or, as Abhay liked to call it, border control.

She and Abhay shared a brief history of about one week, during his time in Italy, about 50 years ago. They had met in a bar in Rome, where Abhay had watched her drink herself into oblivion, seemingly over a recent breakup. He was trying to get drunk on his own, fighting a bout of loneliness in a new city, but vampires lacked the ability to do so. Their bodies broke down the alcohol too quickly to feel its effects. He had known this and tried to get drunk anyways, racking up a massive tab. Seraphina had paid for his drinks, impressed with the vampire’s persistence, and in desperate need of another man’s touch for the night. 

One thing led to another, and a one night stand turned into a one week stand. They were equally embarrassed by their actions, and agreed to never speak about their encounter to anyone. 

She turned away from Abhay to greet the rest of the family. “Anyways, Siddharth, Mandakini, how are you?” Mandu went up and hugged her. Her friendly demeanor allowed her to easily make friends, even out of a haughty witch like Seraphina. 

“We’re doing well. What brings you here?”

“I’ll make this short. There have been some territory changes.” She manifested a thick parchment scroll with a map of Dehradun and its surrounding areas, into her empty palm. Siddharth walked over and observed. “This northern part here.” She laid out the map on the table and pointed to the top left area. “Originally it was free territory, if you remember from our conversation the last time I was here. The Circle has recently learned of some werewolves wandering freely in that area. They decided to claim it a few nights ago.” 

Abhay crushed the paperweight in his palm, startling Seraphina. His grip opened, the pieces falling all over the floor. Werewolves were a nuisance he wasn’t keen on dealing with. 

Siddharth brought the focus back to the map. “Doesn’t seem too concerning. This area is on the opposite side of the city.” 

“I would still keep watch. We’re keeping a watch on much land they’re trying to exert control over.” She paused and nervously glanced at Mandu. “It seems like they have grounds in Pandher also, but we have yet to confirm that.”

Abhay immediately changed his focus to Mandu, whose face had gone as pale as a sheet, and was now gripping one of the dining chairs, crushing it to bits. Not out of anger, but out of fear. Her lips quivered and her eyes turned a rich violet. “No...no...it’s not her, right?” Siddharth took her into his arms, just as dark red tears streamed down her cheeks, staining the white tiles and his sleeves with small speckles of red. “She’s not the reason why, right?!”

“No, love. Just relax, it’s not her. She’s dead. She can’t hurt us anymore.” 

Mandu went into a hysteria that forced Siddharth to take her to their room. He put her to sleep and wiped her tears. Abhay immediately followed and watched as his brother tended to her. It pained him to see Siddharth and her like this. 

“She said she would come back. You and I both know there’s no way she died that night,” Abhay hissed. Siddharth leaned over Mandu and kissed her forehead, taking her hands in his. 

“I know. I don’t know what she’s been up to, or where she even is, but we need to be prepared for it. I won’t let her touch my Mandu.” 

Abhay’s hands balled into fists. 

Seraphina quietly entered the room, taking a pitiful look at her sleeping friend. “Even though we had sealed off Pandher after that incident, this certain pack of werewolves have been seen in the area. We’ll investigate and take necessary action, but I thought it necessary to inform you.”

Abhay couldn’t control his rage anymore. He grabbed her throat, his eyes shifting color, baring his sharp, white fangs. “If anything, anything at all happens to my family, and that too because of The Circle’s negligence, I will personally end all of you.” Seraphina quickly nodded, fear shaking her core. She had never seen him this angry before. His voice was deep and menacing. Many supernaturals were aware, the vampire called Abhay Raichand was a force to be reckoned with. She should’ve anticipated this reaction, but it came to a surprise anyways. 

Siddharth forced Abhay to let go, leaving Seraphina on the floor, coughing and gasping for air. His grip had left red marks on her neck. Fortunately, for her, they would heal quickly. Abhay turned towards the fireplace in their room and took deep breaths, trying to calm down. “Forgive me, I went too far.”

“It’s...it’s alright.” She realized she had touched a nerve in Abhay that should’ve stayed hidden. 

“Seraphina, I think you should go. Thank you for the warning.” Siddharth’s voice sounded heavy. She nodded and quickly turned away, vanishing the same way she had appeared. 

Abhay’s fists ground into the marble of the mantle. If she had truly come back, and was behind this sudden onset of werewolves, he would’ve been the first to know. She would’ve made sure of it. 

He calmed down and turned to Siddharth. There was another matter that needed tending. “Should I tell Piya not to-“ Siddharth held up his palm.

“No, it’s alright. Mandu will wake up in the next hour, and I’m sure seeing Piya later will make her happy.” 

Abhay sighed. They were not in danger as of now, but if matters escalated, they would be forced to leave the city. 

Usually he felt no remorse in leaving cities, as they had been doing it so often. He had no one to stay behind for. This time, he was secretly hoping they would stay. 

——————————————————————

Piya stood in awe at the sheer size and look of the Raichand mansion. Its architecture was rather old-fashioned, compared to the mansions she saw these days, but it still captured an extravagant charm. It was much bigger up close; the view from her villa dwarfed it in comparison. 

The watchman had let her through the massive gates, knowing she would be arriving. She smiled at him and made her way up the stairs to the rather large front door. It was like a palace. 

She rung the doorbell and stood back. She felt unusually shy as she waited for the doors to open. Maybe the house itself was intimidating her. It seemed....otherworldly. 

Siddharth opened the door with a smile. “Welcome Piya. Come in.” Piya nodded and stepped inside, trying very hard not to gawk at the interior. High ceilings, candles lit in every corner, tall staircases and a shimmering chandelier. This was like an actual palace. The furniture was of a darker color scheme, filled with blacks and various shades of red. 

Abhay had been sitting at the dining table, keeping an eye on Mandu, who was now in the kitchen preparing the coffee. She had woken up two hours ago, back to her chirpy self. Siddharth had blurred her memory of those specific bits of conversation while she was asleep. 

He had his laptop open, working on some office matters. 

Piya noticed Abhay engrossed in his laptop and didn’t think to bother him. He was dressed in a rather tight-fitting black shirt and dark denim jeans. Her cheeks had turned pink just staring at him. Little did she know, Abhay was also casting occasional glances in her direction. He seen the blush and smirked. To him, she was no different than the rest of the girls who drooled over him. At least, that’s what he kept telling himself. 

The others sat in the living room, Mandu rushing out with the fresh cups of coffee. Piya’s mouth watered. She’d never smelled coffee like that before. What blend is she using? It’s so heavenly. It had to be some expensive brand, smelling so much nicer than the ones Piya had. 

Her hands eagerly outstretched to grab the mug that Mandu was offering her, but Mandu held it away at the last moment. “Not so fast, Piya.” Piya frowned. “You know, I’m very upset.”

“Why? Did I do something?” She turned to panic. Oh god, I must’ve done something wrong...

“Not you, but these two duffers.” She smacked Siddharth’s head. He looked at her in disbelief, muttering a small ouch under his breath. “They saw your performance without telling me.” 

Piya broke out into a relieved chuckle. “Thank goodness. I was about to apologize.” She tried to reach for the coffee again. Mandu pulled it away. “But-“

“I want you to promise me, next time you play, make sure I’m also there.” Piya smiled and quickly nodded.

“Just say the words and I’ll even give you a private performance.” 

“Really?! Just for me? You’re too kind.”

Piya reached one more time, this time happy to receive the warm mug in her cold hands. She took a big sip, amazed by the taste. It warmed up her body and woke her up just as nicely. 

“This is really good, Mandu.” Mandu smiled proudly. “What kind of blend is it?”

“Thank you! It’s a citrus and dark chocolate blend. One of my personal favorites.” She walked back to Abhay and gave him a mug too, flashing him a teasing smile. Abhay just looked at her. She joined the two back in the living room. 

“I’ve been meaning to ask, how long have you been playing violin, Piya?” Siddharth asked, taking his first sip. 

“It’s been about 10 years. My mother had gifted the instrument to me, for my 13th birthday.” She held her mug close to her. “She wanted to teach me how to play herself, but she passed away shortly after.” 

“I’m sorry to hear that. She sounds like a wonderful woman.”

Piya smiled, her baby brown eyes sparkling in a way they had never seen before. “She was. You know, she used to always tell me; music and love are two very powerful things, they can change a lot in a person. Since then, I’ve been playing. I want to make people happy with my music.”

“That’s a very noble thought.” Siddharth looked over at Abhay, who was very much listening to the conversation, albeit faking indifference. You’ve already changed a little something in him, Piya. And both of you don’t even realize.

“And your father?” Mandu asked. This hit a nerve in Piya. Abhay picked up a change in her body language and the sudden increase in her heartbeats. He hated how much attention he was paying to her. But he didn’t stop either. 

“My father....” She let out a laugh, laced with venom. “The man who used to use that word left us when I was 10. I haven’t seen him since.” Piya took another sip. “I guess you can say my mamaji became my father after my mother’s death. He took me in after I was orphaned.” 

Mandu came over to Piya and hugged her shoulders, noticing her change in mood. She felt guilty for asking. “Well, he left a very beautiful and talented gem behind. Screw him.” Piya let out a small laugh, accomplishing Mandu’s purpose to make her laugh again. 

Piya decided to turn the conversation to them. Despite their friendliness, minus Abhay, all three of them still seemed very mysterious to her. Like they were constantly hiding something. She wanted to learn more about them. 

“I’ve heard that your family recently moved here too. How long have you all been in Dehradun?” 

“We’re nearing two years in this city. Originally just for business reasons, but then Abhay decided to do his MBA here.” There was much more to that answer, but they could only reveal so much. 

Piya glanced over at Abhay again, who she caught red-handed staring back at her. His gaze seemed...softer. More friendly. He still preferred his distance, but he wasn’t full on glaring at her anymore. He immediately turned away after their eyes met. 

“And the rest of your family?” 

“Our foster parents live in Shimla. They prefer the atmosphere there, so they didn’t come with us.” Piya was surprised at this answer. They had lost their birth parents too.

“Besides them, it’s just us three. We’re each other’s family.” 

Piya smiled. Despite being orphaned like her, they had found a loving family of their own. She envied them a little. She loved her uncles and aunts dearly, but sometimes she wished she had her own family back. Her happy little family. It was a selfish wish that couldn’t come true. 

Abhay had tuned out the rest of the conversation, having lost himself in Piya again. The way she carried a conversation, her bright smile, her joyful giggles. She shined so bright that the mansion’s atmosphere seemed brighter. A place engulfed in darkness had encountered its first light. What are you doing? Stop thinking about her.

Both Mandu and Siddharth noticed Abhay’s change of expression, and both glanced at each other. Mandu had an idea. 

Piya was soon about ready to leave. It was getting late, and she had some errands to run and assignments to finish. “Thanks for the coffee. I should go, I have some assignments I need to complete.” 

Mandu stood up and gave her a warm hug. “Thank you for the company, Piya. Our doors are always open for you.” She grabbed Piya’s hands, peeking at Abhay. He glanced back, slightly irritated.

He called her out telepathically. I know what you’re thinking. Before you ask, no.

Stop saying no all the time.

She decided to ask him aloud. He wouldn’t be able to say no if she asked in front of Piya.

“Hey Abhay, will you drop Piya home?” she asked, in her most teasing voice. 

Abhay had a feeling this was coming. He hesitantly nodded. “Sure.” He stood up and walked up to Piya, picking up his car keys from the side table. Saying no out loud wouldn’t help his case; it would seem rude and Mandu would end up killing him because of the humiliation. Their family had a reputation to uphold. 

You’ll thank me later. Mandu winked at him. 

Sure I will. Abhay rolled his eyes at her.

Piya, meanwhile, was oblivious to the whole mental exchange and just stared at him, in partial shock. She was sure he would say no. “It’s okay...I can walk.” 

“It’s fine, I’ll drop you.” His voice clearly lacked enthusiasm. But somehow, when Abhay said it, she agreed. She nodded and picked up her bag, waving goodbye to the others. 

Piya quietly followed Abhay out to the driveway where multiple black Mercedes’ were parked. He walked up to the leftmost one and waited for Piya, unlocking the doors. He opened the passenger door for her, their eyes locked on each other until she was sitting in the passenger seat. At least he’s a gentleman, she thought. 

He took his seat and started the car, avoiding all eye contact with her. Piya’s house wasn’t too far from the Raichand mansion by car, just a few minutes drive. Walking would’ve taken her much longer, as the roads around here were uneven. 

Piya glanced at Abhay, who hadn’t said a word the whole time and was concentrating on the road. She decided to get some answers. “Abhay...do you hate me?”

His grip on the steering wheel tightened. He didn’t answer right away. The trees flew by faster as he stepped on the accelerator. “Abhay....” 

“What do you think?” His voice was as cold as ice. 

“I’m asking you the questions.”

“Hmm...okay. Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. Why does it matter?” He finally glanced at her. She looked annoyed. She hated his roundabout answers.

“It matters to me. If I did something wrong, or if I hurt you, I want to make it right.” Her tone had raised a notch. Abhay had never heard her this angry over something before. You’re simply wasting your energy over me.

“Trust me, nothing “right” can happen between us,” he said firmly. Piya frowned and continued to stare at him. His words hurt her for some reason. 

“Why? I don’t understand. One moment you push me away and another moment....” Her voice trembled, as if on the verge of tears. 

Humans and their infinite curiosities...

“You ask too many questions.” He pulled up to her house. “I can’t tell you why, and even if I did, you won’t be able to comprehend it. It’s for your own benefit.” 

Piya’s expression contorted in emotional distress. She angrily stepped out of the car and slammed the door shut, not even casting a backwards glance. Her footsteps were rather loud. Abhay waited until she was inside, before driving back. 

If you knew what I was, you’ll fear me. You’ll hate me. You’ll want to run far away from me. Whatever it is we have now, is the best we will ever have.

It had been a while since he felt such a pain in his heart. 

Don’t look for me, Piya. You won’t be able to.

——————————————————————

The mysterious man arrived in her dreams once again. This time, she was lying in her bed, as if she weren’t asleep at all. The atmosphere felt too real. It felt like he was actually there, protecting her. He hovered over her, his arms pinned down on either side of her body. Those cobalt eyes held concern for her. She had been crying. 

His icy cold hands gently cupped her cheeks, his thumbs wiping away her tears. 

Piya’s lips quivered. They were so close that she could feel his cool breaths brush across her face. Yet she still couldn’t make out who he was. And why he was always there when she needed him. “Who are you? Why do you care so much about me?”

“I can’t see you cry.” Her breaths stopped. This man suddenly shared Abhay’s voice. This unknowingly brought a small smile to her face. 

“Are you Abhay?” She reached to caress his features. The darkness kept them hidden from her. “Why are your eyes such a dark blue? What are you?”

Innocent questions with not so innocent answers, he thought. 

The man chuckled. “You ask too many questions. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to answer them.” She started crying again. His answers sounded just like Abhay’s answers. Inconsiderate jerk. “Don’t cry for me, Piya. You’ll only hurt yourself.”

“That’s for me to decide.” She had enough of his secrecy. She wanted to know. 

“Very well, don’t say I didn’t warn you.” He got up and turned away, until Piya grabbed his hand. She didn’t want to be left alone again. She wanted him to stay. Loneliness scared her. 

“Don’t go....I promise I won’t bother you with questions.” Her sobs got heavier. “Don’t leave me alone. I need you.”

He turned back, her eyes full of fear. Not a fear of him, but a fear of being left alone. He wanted to stay, but he knew if this continued, he would be putting her in danger. “Alright. Just for tonight, I’ll stay.” Piya happily nodded, wiping her tears frantically. He sat at her bedside, running his fingers through her silky locks, lulling her to sleep with his gentle gaze.

——————————————————————

Hope you all enjoyed! Please like and comment, I feel like there are a lot of silent readers! I want to hear you all too 🤗

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Awesome chapter 

Awe madhu was so excited to meet pia😃

She was making best coffee for her😃

But raichand got bad news abt werewolves walking around

Why madhu got so worried abt someone?😕

Look like in their past something horrible happened & they think that person dead 

Oops that witch was Abhay’s 1 week stand

Poor witch got scared of Abhay when he hold her neck

Glad madhu recovered from her worried before pia came😊

They talk laugh shared 

Loll Abhay was listening what pia said😉

Pia was happy while talking abt her mom but didn’t like to talk abt her so called dad

Awe madhu pushed Abhay to drop pia at her home😉

Pia tried to know what’s wrong with Abhay that he is rude to her

But Abhay as always pushed her away

Pia having dream of her first meeting with Abhay

Continue plz 

simply.meghana thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: cuteariya

Awesome chapter 

Awe madhu was so excited to meet pia😃

She was making best coffee for her😃

But raichand got bad news abt werewolves walking around

Why madhu got so worried abt someone?😕

Look like in their past something horrible happened & they think that person dead 

Oops that witch was Abhay’s 1 week stand

Poor witch got scared of Abhay when he hold her neck

Glad madhu recovered from her worried before pia came😊

They talk laugh shared 

Loll Abhay was listening what pia said😉

Pia was happy while talking abt her mom but didn’t like to talk abt her so called dad

Awe madhu pushed Abhay to drop pia at her home😉

Pia tried to know what’s wrong with Abhay that he is rude to her

But Abhay as always pushed her away

Pia having dream of her first meeting with Abhay

Continue plz 

thanks dear! 🤗 updating now!

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 5

Hold My Umbrella 

Misha watched as Piya rummaged hastily through her rather large wardrobe. She crossed her legs and leaned back on her palms. Unlike Piya, she really didn’t care what she wore as long as it was comfortable. 

“Misha, couldn’t you have told me earlier about this party? God, I have nothing good to wear....” Piya curled up into a ball and sat inside the closet, crossing her arms and pouting. 

“I told you, Piya. Mumma literally told me last night. She’s terrible at planning things. And this is her birthday, for crying out loud.” She picked up a nice dress from the far edge of Piya’s bed. “How about this one? Light blue suits you.” She held up the light blue floral print dress, with cut shoulders. 

Piya shut the doors of the closet. Misha sighed and started knocking. “I just want to make a good impression, that’s all.” Her voice was muffled through the closet doors. 

Misha rolled her eyes. “You will, dude. Trust me. Look at all these nice dresses you have. Mumma wishes my wardrobe was like yours.” She opened the doors. “Wear this.” She shoved the same dress in Piya’s face. “For me.”

Piya sulked and stepped out of the closet, feeling the fabric of the dress in her fingers. It was soft and light. “Okay.” Misha smiled and pinched Piya’s cheeks. 

“That’s like my Piya.” She tapped her watch. “Now hurry up. We have to leave soon.” Piya stared at Misha, eying her outfit. 

“Aren’t you going to change?” Misha laughed and shook her head. 

“Me? And change? That’s next to impossible.” She sat in the bed and spread out her arms. “I’m already ready.”

Piya just stared at her, blinking twice. Misha was currently wearing shorts, red sneakers that had seen better days, a black tank top with two pirate swords on it, and a checkered vest. This is not party wear, Misha. Piya shook her head. She didn’t say it out loud, knowing Misha wouldn’t listen anyways. 

“Don’t worry. If I dress up, I might give my family a heart attack.” 

Piya sighed and went into the bathroom to change. She let her hair sit in its natural waves. The dress fit perfectly, hugging her curves. Misha’s jaw dropped on seeing her. 

“Wow, Piya. You’ll be the talk of the town tonight.” Piya blushed. 

“Thanks, Misha.”

She fidgeted with the dress in her palms, biting her lower lip, twisting her hips gently. She seemed like a shy little schoolgirl who was hesitating to ask her parents for something. “Hey, Misha......are the...Raichands coming too?” 

She hadn’t seen Abhay in a week, and the distance was silently killing her. She wanted to talk to him. 

“Raichands? I don’t think so.” Piya’s hopeful smile faltered. “I don’t blame them, honestly. Papa behaves really strangely around them. I don’t think he likes them.” 

“Why so?” Piya was genuinely confused. They were nice people, well, give or take Abhay. But even then, he knew how to carry himself professionally. Why would anyone dislike them? 

“Even I don’t know. He thinks they’re weird.” Misha shrugged and tossed Piya her purse. “I think they’ve caught on and just avoid him. Sometimes Papa is just-.” She caught herself rambling again, shaking her head and grabbing her keys. “Anyways, ready to go?” 

Piya smiled slightly and grabbed a pair of matching flats. “Ready.”

——————————————————————

The Dobriyal mansion was closer to the bustle of the city, but took up quite an amount of space on its own. The mansion sat in the center of a large plot of land, surrounded by gardens all around. Piya gazed in awe at all the lights and decorations that filled the area. It was like stepping into a fantasy land. Even the gloomy storm clouds above couldn’t take away from its brightness.  

“Finally, you get to meet my crazy family.” Piya giggled and held onto Misha’s shoulders, who was driving the scooter at a rather high speed. She braked hard at the entry gates, almost sending Piya flying over her shoulder. “Shit, sorry.” 

“It’s okay.” Piya fixed her hair and dress, quickly stepping off Misha’s death trap. The scooter was just about ready to breathe its last. 

Although Piya was excited, she also felt an unease. Like something was about to go wrong. Misha’s hand on her shoulder gave her the reassurance she needed to step inside. 

There were many guests already, all rich and affluent folks. A beautiful, three-tiered cake sat in the center of the room. Piya looked around the main hall. Do I even belong here? Guests were turning heads to see the very beautiful guest alongside Misha. These stares made Piya more uncomfortable, although she tried her best to smile. 

“Mumma!” Misha waved into the crowd. A lady wearing a bright pink and beige sari turned around, her expression morphing into embarrassment upon seeing Misha. She ran over and angrily whispered, grabbing her ear. “Misha, I told you to look presentable. What on earth are you wearing?” Madhu Dobriyal was a woman of class and status, when it came to her events and parties that is. Her daughter’s rebellious behavior would be the end of her. 

“These are my clothes, mumma. I’m not some alien. Relax.” Madhu was about ready to scold her even more when she noticed Piya. She smacked Misha’s head.

“Look at me. I’ve ignored your friend in all this.” She turned to Piya. “You must be Piya.” 

Piya smiled and nodded. “It’s nice to meet you, aunty. Happy birthday.”

“Thank you, dear.” She turned back to Misha. “Now you, go upstairs and change. I’ve laid out some dresses on your bed, you can choose one.” Misha frowned and whined.

“But mumma-“

“No buts. Go.” Misha pouted and left to go upstairs, still pouting, as if trying to make her mother feel guilty. It wasn’t working too well. Madhu shook her head and smiled at Piya, taking her hand. “Misha has told me a lot about you. In fact, she can’t stop talking about you.” Piya blushed. “You both seem like great friends.”

“I think so too. I’ve only been in this city for a week and yet I feel like we’ve been friends for years. It’s kinda amazing.”

“Hopefully she can learn a thing or two from you. I love her to bits, but she can be very irresponsible at times.” She touched Piya’s cheek. “I hope you enjoy the party.” Piya nodded and watched her leave to tend to the other guests. 

Her hand clutched her mother’s pendant yet again, having been reminded of her from this short interaction with Misha’s mother. I need you, mumma. I miss you. She fought back tears. She suddenly felt lonely, standing in this sea of strangers. Misha was taking too long, and there was no one to talk to. 

She shrunk back against the bar, asking for some orange juice. Perhaps it would help calm her nerves. She took several, nerve-racking sips, until she saw Misha come back. 

Misha looked awkward, albeit very pretty, as she hobbled down the stairs in a maroon, sequined gown. It was now really obvious to Piya that she had never touched, let alone worn, a dress in her entire life. This sight relaxed her and brought out a small giggle. Misha frowned and joined Piya in the corner. 

“This sucks, dude. I don’t know how you all wear these things. I feel like I’m stuck in a prison of cloth.” Her hands tugged at the dress at awkward angles. 

“You’re looking very nice, though.” Piya winked. Misha snickered. 

“I better be. I put in a lot of effort for this stupid thing.” She scanned the crowd. “Looks like papa is still getting ready.”

Piya’s unease returned on hearing about Misha’s father, perhaps because the word father had only brought her pain. She clutched the glass in both hands and took deep breaths.

“And that stupid Kabir is late too.”

As soon as Misha started complaining about Kabir, he and his family walked through the entrance. Kabir had been excited for the party ever since he found out that Piya would be there too. 

“Speak of the devil and the devil appears.” Kabir joined the two ladies and flashed his goofy smile. He was looking nice in a simple brown suit and white shirt. 

“Sorry we’re late. We ran into car trouble on the way here.” It didn’t click that Misha looked different until a second later. “Oh sorry, I don’t think we’ve met?”

“Very funny.” Misha smacked him a couple times. “I haven’t changed that much.” 

Kabir turned to Piya. “You’re looking very nice, Piya.” Both of them blushed, Kabir’s face much more red that Piya’s.

“Thanks Kabir.” She took a large sip of juice, losing herself in conversation. Misha kept watching out for her father every so often, her face lighting up when she saw him coming downstairs. 

“Papa!” She waved to him.

Piya prepared herself for another greeting, until what, or rather who, she saw sent chills up and down her spine. 

It was him. He was here, right in front of her eyes. Her own father, the one that left her and her mother to die 13 years ago, walking down the steps to a family that she never knew existed. The glass shook in Piya’s hands, half from anger and half from fear. If she held it any harder, the glass surely would’ve broken into multiple pieces. She felt sick to her stomach. 

Misha pulled him over, wearing the brightest smile on her face since the evening started. “Piya, meet papa. The great Arnab Dobriyal.” It took every ounce of her strength to force a small smile. It disappeared quickly. She couldn’t meet eyes with him. 

“So you’re the Piya that Misha never stops talking about. It’s a pleasure.” He held his hand out to shake, with a grin. Piya felt like he was mocking her, even though he didn’t recognize her. You really have no idea who I am, do you? Piya hesitantly shook his hand, her fingers shaking. “I hope you’re enjoying the party.”

“Y-yeah....” 

“Misha showed me a recording of your performance at the university. It was amazing, I must say.” Piya didn’t say anything, forcing another smile. 

He touched her shoulder, like a father would to his daughter. She felt disgusted. Don’t touch me.

“I consider Misha’s friends a part of my family. If you ever need anything, you’re always welcome here.” 

You weren’t there when I needed you the most. Why show such false promises now?

“I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you.” 

He smiled and walked away to talk to the other guests. Piya watched him go with a small glare. It’s like you forgot you had another family.

She didn’t expect him to recognize her, after all, it had been so long, but she felt hurt knowing he didn’t even cast another glance at her. Just like that day. 

A woman stood far away from him, cradling her daughter against her body. The little girl didn’t understand what was happening. Why was her mumma crying? Where was papa going? Are they fighting?

“It’s all over between us, Arnab....” The woman, who was trying not to weep, for her daughter’s sake, let a few tears escape her dark brown eyes. 

“Sugandh....I-“

“That’s enough, Arnab. I don’t want to hear anything else.” 

He looked at his 10 year old daughter, his hand moving to grab the suitcase handle. Its wheels started to roll against the tile, the door slamming shut. That was the last time the two ever saw him.

——————————————————————

Siddharth and Mandu were out hunting tonight, leaving Abhay alone in the mansion. In times like this, he liked to take walks in the forests nearby. It helped clear his head and unwind for a bit. 

Storm clouds loomed overhead, blanketing the sky in a dark gray haze. Abhay took an umbrella with him, though he could probably outrun the oncoming rain with his vampiric speed. But he wasn’t in the mood for running today. 

He slipped on one of his long winter coats and stepped out into the gusty wind.

——————————————————————

Piya was feeling rather ill as her anger and sadness increased her stress levels. She excused herself to go outside and get some fresh air. She found a bench outside in the garden, sitting down and digging her nails into the cherry wood. 

Why? Why me? What did I do to deserve this? She couldn’t stop her tears from flowing once she was alone. 

She hated him. Hated him with every aspect of her being. He was here, happy and carefree, while she and her mother suffered. To him, they were just toys to pass the time with. I hate you, Arnab Dobriyal. I hate you, I hate you.

She couldn’t stay here anymore. She apologized to Misha in her head, feeling bad about ditching the party midway. But she couldn’t stay. She felt like she was suffocating in that house. I’ll apologize to her later.

She ran off, holding back her tears until she was far away from the mansion. If she had stayed any longer, she would have vomited. 

The clouds above collided with a rising crescendo, much like her inner turmoil. She didn’t even realize when she had diverted from the main road and ran straight into the forest. 

Now she was alone, angry, and lost. 

Small rain droplets fell on her lashes and nose, soon joined by their million other friends. Normally, she loved to play in the rain. It brought her happiness and joy. Today, it would hide her tears. She couldn’t help herself and sobbed into the trees.

She continued walking forward, with no sense of direction or where she was. It was getting dark. She just wanted to disappear. She wanted to go far, far away from here. The forest was oddly comforting. Maybe it’s darkness would help hide her too. Her hands rubbed her bare arms rapidly in an attempt to keep herself warm, her whole body drenched in the fresh rain. The cold was debilitating her quickly. 

Her right foot stepped into a small depression in the ground, causing it to twist hard to the wrong side. She wailed in pain and fell to her knees, gripping her ankle. It hurt really bad, and she couldn’t bear look at how severe it was. 

She limped over to some rocks a few feet away from her, sitting atop one of them and rubbing her injury. It was starting to swell. Touching it sent shockwaves of pain through her body. 

Look at you. So unfortunate. No one can help you now.

She hugged her knees closer to her chest, trying to forget everything. All she could do was cry. She really missed her mother tonight. 

——————————————————————

She didn’t know how long she was sitting there, until she saw a pair of black shoes standing in front of her. The rain suddenly stopped falling onto her, a large umbrella shielding her from the storm. She was about to look up when a thick black coat was draped over her shoulders. She felt warm again. 

Sandalwood and roses, she thought. She immediately recognized the scent on the coat and looked up, gazing into his icy grey eyes. “Abhay...” He looked worried, maybe even sad. She was relieved that he was here. Why is he wandering in the forest in this weather?

Abhay had heard her crying from a good distance away. She was soaking wet, shivering, eyes red and swollen, and injured. Her heartbeats sounded painful and heavy. Why is she here? He could easily find out just by reading her thoughts, but something was telling him to not intrude. It was something serious. 

He couldn’t help but lightly touch her cheek, wiping away her tears. He couldn’t see the sadness in her baby brown eyes; they lost their shine. “How did you find me?” Her voice trembled. 

“I was taking a walk in the area when I heard you crying.” He let his hand drop to his side. “Are you okay?” She looked away and shook her head.

“I wish I was.” She snuggled closer into his coat and inhaled the scent wafting off it. It calmed her down. His chest tightened; he wanted to kill whoever dared to make her cry and suffer like this. 

Abhay wanted to heal her ankle, but he had to get her home first. The rain showed no signs of stopping, and if she stayed out any longer, she could fall ill. He handed her the umbrella. “Hold this.” She took it, not understanding what was happening. Before she could say anything else, he had lifted her up in his arms. 

“Abhay, what-“ 

“Shh....I’m just going to take you home. Your ankle is swollen and I’m sure you won’t be able to walk.” She didn’t say anything else and averted his gaze. “Just keep holding the umbrella. I don’t want you getting soaked again.” 

Piya nodded and did her best to keep the umbrella above their heads. She felt rather cozy in his arms, the warmth from the coat enough to lull her to sleep. No, don’t fall sleep. You’re holding the umbrella.

Her head inadvertently leaned against his chest. It was cold and as hard as steel, and certainly not something other people would find comfort with. But for some reason, she found it the most comfortable. 

She wanted to hear his heartbeat, but she couldn’t find it. Perhaps the rain was too loud. Little did she know, his heart stopped beating 300 years ago. But for the first time in centuries, it had begun to develop feelings again.  

Abhay stared at the beautiful angel in his arms. She was leaning against him, finding solace in his arms, a monster’s arms. No matter how far he stayed away from her, fate always found a way to bring them together. He quickly turned away. 

He was quickly losing a battle with his own heart. Emotions that he hadn’t felt in years were filling his dead heart once again. He knew she was gazing up at him, like he was her savior. Don’t look at me like that, Piya. Don’t hope for something we can never have.

He inhaled her scent, now mixed with the smell of fresh rain. His throat burned once again, begging for a taste of the sweet nectar flowing through her veins. Her vulnerability was an open opportunity for his inner beast. He hated himself for that. 

This was his reality. A bloodthirsty monster. The closer he got to her, the more her blood called to him. A greedy, selfish, monster. That’s what you are. Don’t forget that.

Her honey-like voice shook him away from this dilemma.

“Whenever I need someone, you’re always there, no matter what. Then why do you push me away?” 

Abhay stayed silent, grinding his teeth together. He simply couldn’t answer. I wish I could tell you.

Piya swallowed her tears and looked at the forest ahead, her knuckles turning white from gripping the umbrella so hard. She knew he wouldn’t answer. He was too stubborn. They approached the area that Piya recognized too well, the same area she had walked into on her first night. Her house was just up the hill. 

She was amazed that Abhay hadn’t grown tired of carrying her this far. He must go to the gym often. She could feel his muscular build through his shirt while they were traveling.

Abhay effortlessly carried her up the hill and to her front door. He set her down momentarily. “Don’t put weight on that foot.” She nodded and stood on one leg, leaning against him for support. She reached for her keys in her purse and unlocked the door. Abhay closed the umbrella and propped it against the outside wall, their fingers brushing against each other during the handoff. The rain made his hands seem colder than they already were, causing Piya to shudder. 

He immediately picked her up again, taking her inside. His attention shifted from her to the amount of white in the house. It make him slightly uncomfortable. Piya noticed a change in his expression. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” he replied quickly. He set her down on the sofa, kneeling and removing her sandals. The sprain was a tad serious, and it still gave her immense pain. It was turning purple in some areas. 

Piya was lost in his features. He was taking care of her, but why? “Ahh-“ She yelped in pain when Abhay touched her ankle. 

“Just as I thought.” He stood up and looked around the room. “Do you happen to have a bucket or small tub?” Piya nodded, rubbing her leg. 

“There’s one in the bathroom.” Piya pointed towards the bedroom. “Over in that room.” 

Abhay nodded and fetched a towel, along with the small plastic bucket, filling it with water in the kitchen and dumping ice cubes from her freezer into it. He could easily heal her injury without all this, but to avoid suspicion, he had to use this as a coverup.

He carried the bucket over and kneeled again, taking her foot and gently placing it in the icy cold water. Her hand gripped his shoulder as he did this. “This will numb your foot. So you won’t feel what I’m about to do.” 

You make it sound like you’re going to twist my ankle off.

“Abhay....it hurts..” 

“I know. Just relax, soon you won’t be able to feel a thing.” Piya hesitantly nodded. Her grip on his shoulder tightened.

Her lower leg soon went numb. Abhay reached into the water and held her foot in his hands. “Do you feel anything?”

I wish I could. She shook her head.

“Just close your eyes. You’ll feel better soon.” He put his healing power to work, gripping her ankle gently. He closed his eyes and healed her, bending the ankle around in sharp movements to make it seem like he was setting it back in place. 

He took her leg out of the bucket and set it on the towel. Piya slowly regained feeling in her leg, and felt no pain in her ankle. Even the swelling is gone. “Wow, how did you do that? It’s like I never sprained it.” 

He didn’t say anything, but she could tell he look relieved. 

Their eyes met once again, the rain pouring hard in the background. Piya couldn’t help but reach up to touch his cheek, her fingers lightly tracing circles into his cheekbones and jaw. Abhay closed his eyes and let her touch him, the soft, warm pads of her fingertips creating sparks on his skin. She realized what she was doing and stopped, looking away, before Abhay turned her chin towards him again. His fingers gently tucked the loose strands of her damp hair behind her ear, her cheeks riddled with tiny droplets of water. He wiped them off, not knowing which were tears and which were rain. 

Piya gazed into his eyes, which were now melting like glaciers. Only the man in her dreams looked at her like that. His cold and her warmth collided in a sensational burn, leaving them to drift closer to one another,  to feel that burn with more passion. 

Abhay didn’t realize how close he had drifted to her face. His hands were suddenly planted on either side of her body, her back pressed into the sofa. Piya could feel her breaths slowly being siphoned away by his proximity. Their eyes closed, their lips only inches away from each other. 

All he wanted was to plant his lips all over her bare skin. Her lips, too, were just begging to meet his in a kiss. But his inner beast wanted something else. His inner beast wanted to suck on the skin on her snow white neck, and sink his aching fangs into her veins. Control slipped from his grasp as he felt his fangs slide out. His eyes were a blazing cobalt, Piya’s eyes still shut. No....no...Abhay...control yourself. He saw his ghastly reflection in the window behind them. The feral beast within him. Stop. Leave.

He widened the space between them and turned away faster than the human eye could blink, regaining control of himself before Piya saw. He couldn’t stay anymore.

Piya opened her eyes to find him standing up, his back facing her. “Abhay....” She felt oddly hurt, this time in her heart. It felt like a rejection. 

“I have to go now. You should change before you fall ill. Take care.” He rushed out, grabbing his umbrella. 

He had left his coat with her. She hugged the soft fabric close to her, drowning in his scent. You didn’t even let me thank you. Why are you running from me, Abhay?

She would return his coat later, but more as an excuse to see him again. I would definitely keep it if I could. She took it off and carefully folded it, placing it on the sofa. In the few moments they had spent together, she had forgotten the pain she just experienced earlier. She wouldn’t be able to sleep at all tonight. 

She curled up on the sofa, using the coat as a pillow, listening to the soft patter of the rain outside.  

——————————————————————

Abhay ran deeper and deeper into the forest, his heart burning in agony. He let the rain soak his clothes as he stopped in an empty clearing. 

He fell to his knees, letting out a painful scream that no one could hear for miles. Lightning crackled above, striking the trees around him. Fires erupted all around, their spread limited by the pouring rain. This was his power, his destruction. Anything he came close to, was burned to ashes. 

He was moments away from hurting Piya, draining her dry. Why was he unable to keep his distance? What if he hurt her? He would never be able to forgive himself. 

He had been seeing the same dreams she had been. His soul was creating those dreams for her, reveling in some impossible fantasy. 

A vampire’s soul resided in their heart, which was why a stake to the heart was the only way to completely kill them. The heart was home to emotion, and controlling those emotions was the only way a vampire could keep their soul in check. They felt emotions much more intensely than humans. Their emotions could be destructive, if expressed strongly enough. If left unchecked, a vampire’s soul can project those emotions and cause strange occurrences to the people they are expressed towards. 

The stronger the vampire, the more powerful and apparent this projection. And Abhay was one of the strongest there was. That’s why those dreams seemed so real to the both of them. 

Abhay gazed at the moon, his blue irises  searching for answers somewhere. He could only hear the sound of the distant fires crackling. 

——————————————————————

Please like and comment if you enjoyed! I like reading comment so please try to leave some, not getting the response I would’ve liked here 😭 where is everyone? 

chavi12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Nice part. Piya went for party with Misha . She likes her mom. But was hurt angry finding arnab as Mish father. Kabir asked as love suck puppi. Abhay took care of piya. They were abt to kiss. Abhay remember who he was. He was abt to hurt her. He is asking to moon for his ans

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

starting was really good

still pia felt something horrible gonna happen & that really happened💔

pia like misha's mom as she was sweet caring loving😊

finally pia came face to face with arnav

poor pia was so hurt angry couldn't stay at the party & left🥺

seeing arnav pia's all pain hurt anger & her mom death came back😭

ouch pia got hurt in the forest😭

glad abhay was there to save her🤗

seeing tears in pia's eyes abhay felt like killing the person who hurt her

glad abhay took pia at her home & treat her wound used his magic without letting pia known 😃

poor abhay getting hard time to control his thirst for pia's blood

wow abhiya shared some cute moment together☺️

when abhay face his back pia felt rejected💔

pia even forgot her pain & anger when she is with abhay

hope now abhay won't runaway from pia anymore

continue plz

simply.meghana thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: chavi12345

Nice part. Piya went for party with Misha . She likes her mom. But was hurt angry finding arnab as Mish father. Kabir asked as love suck puppi. Abhay took care of piya. They were abt to kiss. Abhay remember who he was. He was abt to hurt her. He is asking to moon for his ans

thank you 🤗

simply.meghana thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: cuteariya

starting was really good

still pia felt something horrible gonna happen & that really happened💔

pia like misha's mom as she was sweet caring loving😊

finally pia came face to face with arnav

poor pia was so hurt angry couldn't stay at the party & left🥺

seeing arnav pia's all pain hurt anger & her mom death came back😭

ouch pia got hurt in the forest😭

glad abhay was there to save her🤗

seeing tears in pia's eyes abhay felt like killing the person who hurt her

glad abhay took pia at her home & treat her wound used his magic without letting pia known 😃

poor abhay getting hard time to control his thirst for pia's blood

wow abhiya shared some cute moment together☺️

when abhay face his back pia felt rejected💔

pia even forgot her pain & anger when she is with abhay

hope now abhay won't runaway from pia anymore

continue plz

glad you’re enjoying it! 😊 More cute Abhiya scenes to come! 😉

simply.meghana thumbnail

Chapter 6

The Auction

A new mansion’s construction had been completed, its furniture and other items in boxes or covered in sheets. The air carried the smell of dust and dried paint. A woman who looked to be in her late 30s walked inside, examining the structure of the building, playing with her phone in her fingers. 

Dehradun was an interesting city. But she wasn’t keen on the amount of leeches that lived here. No matter, they will soon be removed from this place altogether.

“Ms. Khurana. Your keys.” The realtor handed her the keys to her family’s newly purchased home. She tossed them in the air a few times, the metal clinking together. 

“Thank you.” She glanced at him. “You may go. My son will be in contact to handle the remaining payments.” 

“Wonderful. Good day.”

She walked over to one of the sheets and yanked it aside, uncovering an antique sofa. She sat down and stretched her arms out in both directions, relaxing after an arduous move.

A much younger man followed into the house, closing the doors behind him. He had a slightly deranged look in his eye. “Mom-“ He addressed the lady sitting on the sofa. 

She held her finger up, eyes still closed. “Shh...let me relax for a while.” She glanced at her son. “We’ll see to your problems after the auction tonight.”

The man scowled and stormed away. He stared out the window, his fingers digging into the freshly painted wall. “I’ll find you. You ran away from me 3 years ago. I know you’re here. I’ll find you.” 

——————————————————————

After what seemed like an hour trying to apologize to Misha for ditching the party, Piya decided to play her violin for a while. 

She liked to practice with the windows of her house wide open. She wanted the wind to carry her notes to anyone who could hear them. It also helped her get a better idea of what she sounded like in a more open space. The sounds were free to travel wherever they wished. 

The curtains were pushed aside and windows were thrown open, letting the cool breeze and sunlight freely enter. 

She had been composing her own songs lately, currently working on one for her mother. It was almost complete, she just needed a good way to end it. I hope you can hear me, mumma. I don’t have a name for the song yet, but just know it’s for you.

She sat on one of the tall dining chairs and set up her sheet music, playing soft, but heartfelt notes. 

——————————————————————

Abhay was standing in front of his mirror, getting ready in a sleek, dark navy suit, in preparation for the auction tonight. He was adjusting his red tie, when he heard the sweet sound of her violin drift through the open windows. Either she was playing rather loudly, or his enhanced hearing was helping him catch the sound. The wind and the echo of the forest seemed to help carry the notes to him anyway. 

The song had bittersweet undertones, and it sounded like a self-composed piece. Who is she playing for? He stood against the wall, crossing his arms and closing his eyes. Her playing was calming the storm in his heart, soothing him. He stepped out onto his balcony and rested his arms on the railing, listening further. 

He found himself softly smiling again, revealing his dimples for the world to see. Her music was doing this to him. It was tearing down the walls around his heart. 

This was enough for him. If he could just hear her play everyday, he would be happy. He didn’t have to get close to her for that.

Mandu found him out on the balcony, easily sneaking up to him and catching a glimpse of his smile. She loomed under him, swinging her arms behind her back. “Wow, I feel like I’m imagining things.” Abhay’s concentration broke and he locked eyes with her. He regained composure, pulling himself away from the balcony. 

“Sorry, I was just about to come downstairs.”

“No no don’t apologize.” She pinched his cheeks. “Thanks to her and her impeccable timing, I got to see what Siddharth saw last time.” 

“Doesn’t he look nice when he’s smiling?” Siddharth called, leaning against the doorframe. Abhay narrowed his eyes and walked back inside. Siddharth slung his arm around Abhay’s shoulders. “It’s like looking at the eighth wonder of the world.” 

“Don’t you think that’s a bit of an exaggeration?” Abhay scoffed. Siddharth laughed and pat his back.

“With you? Not at all.” 

Abhay shook his head as the three got in the car. He rolled down the window a little, much to their amusement. He didn’t like the window muffling the sound. It did the beautiful notes a grave injustice. “Open it completely. We won’t judge.” 

Abhay sighed and opened the windows completely, letting her melodies drift past as they headed towards the city. 

——————————————————————

One of Dehradun’s finest five-star hotels was filled with personnel and owners of its top companies. But very few held as much corporate and financial power as the Raichands did. People turned heads as they entered the massive reception hall. 

Mandu made sure she looked extra nice for tonight, wearing a wine red and white Anarkali suit. Siddharth grabbed her by the waist as soon as some of the shameless bachelors in the crowd cast their gazes at her. Mandu giggled. 

“Jealous much?” She touched his nose and nudged his shoulder, her bangles joining in a soft jingle. “So cute.”

“Yeah, big bro. So cute.” Abhay teased. He stepped past to their table and smirked. “Doesn’t he look nice when he’s jealous?” He used Siddharth’s own lines against him. 

“That I have to agreed with. Come sit, my jealous husband.” She pulled a chair for Siddharth, pushing him down into it. 

“Not funny, guys.” 

The three took their seats at the table and watched as other participants arrived at the venue. Mandu turned her head towards the main entrance and saw Madhu Dobriyal enter. 

They had switched to talking through their mind link. Looks like the Dobriyals are here too.

Abhay and Siddharth turned around to find Madhu Dobriyal walking towards them, with a small smile. There was definitely awkwardness between the two families, but mainly with Arnab Dobriyal, not with her.

She stood next to their table, with a greeting. “It’s been a while. How is everyone?” 

“We’re doing well, aunty. Sorry we couldn’t make it to the party.” Madhu nodded and looked down. She knew things between them and Arnab were weird. 

“It’s alright, Mandakini. I’m sure you must’ve had your reasons.” 

Siddharth interjected. “Is Mr. Dobriyal not coming?” 

“He’s here. He’s just parking the car.” She took this as a cue to go to their table. “I should go. Good luck.” 

Abhay was twirling his pen again. This will be interesting. Is Mr. Dobriyal going to bother us with a new book today?

Arnab Dobriyal had a keen interest in the supernatural. He had been suspicious about the Raichands ever since they had moved into the city, boasting about his collection of compendiums and novels about the supernatural world to them. He was very persistent in figuring out their secret. There was one thing the three agreed strongly on: Arnab Dobriyal was a passive threat. 

Didn’t we have someone from The Circle dispose of all the books he had?

Doesn’t mean he can’t get more. I blame online shopping. You can easily get anything on there nowadays.

Some of the content is dated anyways. Like that garlic thing.

Abhay turned back a little, leaning in his chair slightly. He’s here.

Arnab took notice of their presence and walked past them to join his wife. The two tables shared some awkward glances. He couldn’t even take the time to sit down and get settled properly, before he began his investigations again. He kept taking glances at one of the large mirrors hanging on the wall, overlooking the stage. It reflected the whole room and everyone in it. They showed up just fine. 

He was desperately waiting for the Raichands to make one slip-up that could expose their secrets. Just one would be enough. 

Look at him. He doesn’t even know most mirrors aren’t made of silver anymore. Mandu stifled a laugh. 

He’s persistent. It’s damn annoying.

The auction was just about to begin, cutting their mental conversation short. Siddharth looked around and noticed the table for Khurana Group. There was only one lady sitting there, and she looked rather bored and unserious about this whole thing. She kept playing around with the decor on the table, checking her phone every two minutes. 

“So that’s Khurana Group.” He whispered. 

“That new company? There’s only one lady.” 

“That’s doesn’t matter much. Lots of people come alone to these things. But she seems...off, somehow.” 

Abhay looked over and examined her. She was giving off a strange aura, and her scent was blocked by some intense perfumes. Abhay wrinkled his nose. 

She noticed the stares and greeted them with her eyes and a mocking smile. The Raichands. I’ve heard a lot about you. Maybe I’ll finally see what the deal is with you lot. She folded her hands and stared off into the distance. 

The starting bid price was set to 1.5 crores. Siddharth told Abhay to stop after 4 crores, as their upper limit. But as usual, Abhay didn’t listen. 

The amount of companies participating was rather large at the beginning, but once the price passed 3 crores, many dropped out. The Dobriyals stopped at 3.4 crores. 

The Raichands and Ms.Khurana were in a bidding war. 

Abhay, remember. 4 crores.

Relax, Siddharth. I’m just going to make her spend a little bit more money. I can tell she really wants it.

Abhay and Ms.Khurana locked eyes, challenging each other without words. 

“5 crores.” Abhay held up the card. 

“5.3 crores.” 

“5.4 crores.”

“5.7 crores.” Ms.Khurana held up her card. Abhay was satisfied and stopped. No one else dared to bid higher. 

“5.7 crores going once, 5.7 crores going twice, 5.7 crores going three times.....sold!” The whole room burst into applause. “This property has been purchased by Ms.Dipanita Khurana of Khurana Group.” She smiled smugly. 

“That property was probably actually worth around 3 crores, but look at her. She’s beaming at paying almost double the amount.” Siddharth shook his head. 

Dipanita became curious about Abhay and approached him after the commotion had died down. She felt a strong, dark aura emanating from him. Abhay gave his signature smirk and shook hands with her. She recognized the coldness of his hands, the coldness of vampires. No wonder she couldn’t stand their scents. She gave a wicked smile. 

“That was quite the challenge, Mr.Raichand. It was a pleasure.” 

“I could say the same.” Even up close, he couldn’t get a good read on her. Her mind was also blocked off, and it seemed intentional. She definitely wasn’t normal.

So much perfume.

“Excuse me.” She smiled and left to talk to the auctioneer. Abhay stared at her. 

“What happened?” Siddharth said in a low whisper. 

“Did you catch any sort of a natural scent on her?” He shook his head. 

“I’m convinced she robbed a perfume section of the mall before she got here.” He also turned to watch her. “But regardless, we should keep an eye on her. Her aura is strange.” Abhay nodded. 

Mandu tapped on Siddharth’s shoulder, gesturing towards Arnab Dobriyal, who was making his way over to the three, hands folded. “The Raichand family. How are you all?”

Siddharth stepped forward. “We’re doing well. Anything exciting in the lives of the Dobriyals lately?” Out of the three of them, Abhay disliked him the most. 

I really want to bite him. In a dark, back alley. Like in those horror movies these humans watch. Siddharth ground his heel into Abhay’s foot to discourage him. Scare him a little.

Please don’t. I swear your creative ideas come out at bad times. Abhay just rolled his eyes. 

“Nothing too exciting. We didn’t see you at my wife’s birthday party, so I thought to see if everything was okay.”

Siddharth kept his composure and smiled. “That’s very kind of you. Actually, we were planning on it, but we had to take care of some urgent personal matters. I hope you can understand.” 

Madhu could sense this conversation was about to escalate, so she tried to tug on Arnab’s arm. “Arnab, let’s go. It’s getting late. Misha is probably waiting for us.”

“Waiting? That girl is probably asleep by now.” Misha was the surefire way to make Arnab abandon any topic he was indulging in. He loved talking about his daughter. 

“Arnab....” She insisted. 

“Okay okay, let’s go.” He smiled back as they bid each other farewell. It was the fakest smile they had ever seen. 

This left Mandu utterly confused. 

“What, no new books?” She frowned. “I was waiting to prove him wrong again.” 

“Perhaps next time. Shall we?” Abhay and Mandu nodded. 

——————————————————————

Piya was just getting ready for bed when she spotted Abhay’s coat on her sofa, where she had left it untouched. She grabbed it, feeling the fabric between her fingers, and slipped it on without second thought.  

The coat was a little big for her, putting into realistic terms of Abhay’s height and build. If she curled up into a ball, the entire jacket could cover her.

And that’s exactly what she did. She curled up into a ball on the sofa, hiding herself in his coat. It felt like he was there with her, protecting her. 

“What am I feeling for you, Abhay? Why am I so attracted to you?” 

She stared out into the forest from her window, wondering if the mystery man was there again. Maybe if she found him and talked to him, she would know if he and Abhay were the same person or not. She wanted to know the secrets behind those cobalt eyes. 

Her head rested on her knees as the clouds of sleep began to take over her senses. She went to bed wearing his coat, savoring one of the best night sleeps she has ever had. 

——————————————————————

Dipanita Khurana returned to her home, celebrating her corporate win, only to find her son angrily pacing back and forth in the living room. If he took his steps any harder, the tile would’ve cracked underneath him. 

“What happened, Jeh?” 

He turned to glare at his mother. He was tired of waiting. Her indifference to his matters angered him.

“She’s hiding from me, mom. She’s somewhere in vampire territory. I will find her.”

“Jeh!” She grabbed her son’s collar. He was such a fool at times. Practically the whole city was under vampire territory. His search for that girl will get him killed. I cannot let that happen. I must get rid of her.

“Remember, The Circle is watching us, after what you did to her last time. Don’t be a fool!”

“I want her, mom! She is mine!” He screamed. “I will find her and bring her here at all costs!” His eyes turned a bright amber, a low, menacing growl escaping his lips. 

Dipanita was angry. She was losing control over her own son. 

“You will do no such thing. If The Circle finds out, they will imprison you.” She thought of the horrors of supernatural prisons. He would be mercilessly tortured for the rest of his lifespan. “The human prison she put you in pales in comparison to our prisons. She is not worth it. Drop this obsession.”

Jeh yanked her hand off his collar and stormed into his room, slamming the door hard behind him. His walls were covered with her photos, his blood smeared across those very photos in the form of various texts. I want you. Mine. You belong to me.

It was the room of a psychopathic lover. “You will be mine, Piya Jaiswal. Only mine.” 

—————————————————————

Hope you enjoyed! It’s a bit of a shorter chapter but necessary for the story 😉 Please like and comment! I want to see more of you! 😆

chavi12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Nice part.. abhay was mesmerized by pia violin. He was lost. Had smile in his face. Arman don't like raichad

are kurhana also vampire. Jeh is searching for pia ????