Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 years ago

NEPOTISM did not kill SSR.

This bullshit needs to stop. 

Instead of focussing on Depression & Mental Illness people are barking down the wrong tree. These are the topics that need to be talked about. The world is a cruel place. Everybody is fighting their own battles. Many in their own heads, silently. Its time society got enlightened & accepted the reality of mental illness. Its time people realized its a disease and its not WEAK to accept help. Its time people realized it wont just get better. SSR died because he had no help. He died because of the taboos surrounding men & successful people. 

I hope we as a society can learn from this. Educate ourselves & help those who need our help. Blaming external forces is a waste of time....with depression, the battle is always inside. 

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

this is sad,,,,they dont have right to do dirty politics behind...so whoever it is will face it....karma

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaditi123

I heard it did. 

ehaab thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

Sushant Singh Rajput Lost 7 Films In 6 Months After Chhichhore, Alleges Sanjay Nirupam

In his tweet, Sanjay Nirupam wrote that the cruelty of the film industry operates on another level and that it killed a talented artiste

Entertainment  Written by Gitanjali RoyUpdated : June 16, 2020 11:27 am IST

Sushant Singh Rajput Lost 7 Films In 6 Months After <i>Chhichhore</i>, Alleges Sanjay Nirupam

Sushant Singh Rajput starred in Chhichhore. (Image courtesy: instabollywood )

Highlights

• Sushant allegedly struggled with alienation and isolation
  • Sanjay Nirupam said Sushant lost 7 films after 'Chhichhore'
  • Shekhar Kapur wrote about the people who let Sushant down

New Delhi: 

Politician Sanjay Nirupam has qualified director Shekhar Kapur's oblique tweet on Sushant Singh Rajput being "let down" by the film fraternity by alleging that Mr Rajput signed seven films after the success of his 2019 film Chhichhore, only to lose all seven in a matter of six months. He did not specify which films these were. Mr Rajput was found dead at home and police say he died by suicide. His death has sparked severe criticism of the film industry, many of whom declared themselves shattered. Very few of those who posted actually attended the actor's funeral on Monday, and not a single A-lister was among them. Sanjay Nirupam was at the funeral, as were actors Kriti Sanon, Shraddha Kapoor, Rajkummar Rao and Vivek Oberoi, and filmmaker Abhishek Kapoor who gave Sushant Singh Rajput his break in Bollywood.

In his tweet, written in Hindi, Sanjay Nirupam wrote that the cruelty of the film industry operates on another level and that it killed a talented artiste, meaning Mr Rajput. Read his tweet here:

Sushant Singh Rajput allegedly struggled with alienation and isolation over the last few months. Mr Nirupam's words bolster those of director Shekhar Kapur, who cast Mr Rajput in the delayed project Paani. In a cryptic tweet posted after the actor's death, Mr Kapur referred to "people that let you down so bad that you would weep on my shoulder."

Condemnation for the film industry has also come from actor Vivek Oberoi who, after attending the funeral, called for Bollywood to "b***h less and care more."

Advertisement

Actor Nikhil Dwivedi and director Abhinav Sinha have also called out their colleagues, as has actor Ranvir Shorey who posted a thread on how power is wielded by the "gatekeepers of Bollywood."

Public anger has focused itself on filmmaker Karan Johar, producer of Sushant Singh Rajput's last release, the Netflix project Drive. Mr Johar has been trending continuously - while he has not been named by his colleagues in their denouncements, the dots connect in a fairly obvious manner. Mr Johar, who wrote a self-recriminatory note after Sushant Singh Rajput's death blaming himself for not having been in touch for the past year, did not attend the funeral. Mr Johar and actress Alia Bhatt are also being criticised online for having spoken disparagingly of Mr Rajput on the chat show Koffee With Karan, onto which Mr Rajput was never invited.

Sushant Singh Rajput rose to stardom as the lead on the TV soap Pavitra Rishta, after which he made his film debut in 2013's Kai Po Che! He is known for his work in films such as MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, Sonchiriya, Kedarnath and Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!

unfair happened with him 

aish. thumbnail

I initially thought he did have projects lined up, so why such a drastic step? Then I realised, losing opportunities over and over again despite giving your career every thing you have, still being mocked all the time for everything you do, even on national television, constantly feeling out of place and left out, I cant even imagine how hard that must be.

I would feel horrible if I worked in an environment where I received no respect despite giving it all i got.

A boy with such large dreams, so curious to learn, this is not the end he deserved. 

Edited by aish. - 3 years ago
ehaab thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Maybe jealous or not like him that’s y 7 of his films he didn’t get 😡😭💔

Originally posted by: aaditi123

Instead of focussing on Depression & Mental Illness people are barking down the wrong tree. These are the topics that need to be talked about. The world is a cruel place. Everybody is fighting their own battles. Many in their own heads, silently. Its time society got enlightened & accepted the reality of mental illness. Its time people realized its a disease and its not WEAK to accept help. Its time people realized it wont just get better. SSR died because he had no help. He died because of the taboos surrounding men & successful people. 

I hope we as a society can learn from this. Educate ourselves & help those who need our help. Blaming external forces is a waste of time....with depression, the battle is always inside. 

Asim is the best contestant ever 

josh135 thumbnail

There was a blind saying that he used to get over friendly with female stars and they used to get irked. The truth rather is that he was a genius and an introvert.. tried to make forever friends but people couldn’t have his level conversations so they used to avoid picking up his calls or mixing with him too much. He clearly told this in one of his interviews. It takes guts to say that with a smile on your face. Considering he has committed suicide just sort of has painted the whole picture. These moments have definitely broken his heart. Plus his pic with his mom which he posted before he passed  away. I would also blame covid for making people tense, lonely and think about these things. There are no reports of his latest relationship/personal problems. This definitely boils down to how people may have treated him, nepotism/powerful people releasing wrong blinds against stars like sushant who they see as a threat. Could also be a lot of other things revolving around this. Lot of people are now saying that he was always low. What can it even be but this? I also feel the loss of his mom and wanting to be with her during his tough times may have also made him take this drastic step. He just let go this time. Gosh i just cant stop thinking about this. I totally understand where he is coming from... even when i feel low on some days or my days are going bad continuously i want to let it all out to someone and I’m pretty straightforward with what i feel. But i am not able to openly share it with anyone properly. I’ll try to say but my consciousness just prevents me and everything is in me. Thankfully i have my mum with me and the bond we share is something else. Because i trust her so much and love her i am able to open up infront of only her and that does help make my low days better. I just have a feeling yes the sick politics of Bollywood was always bothering him, relationships in this place are extremely fake and toxic as everything is about fame and lots of money, friends are not friends but alas! he didn’t have his mum with him.. he really wanted to share his sorrows with her but she wasn’t there with him.

The toxic atmosphere of Bollywood must reduce and i totally stand by the fact that people like karan johar, salman, kapoors, ugly money minting producers and their nepo paltan are to be blamed to bring in stress for these youngsters who want to really work and make a mark but have to deal with all their shit and back biting.

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
He is rising n def threat n if left he will be superstar n cross ranbir,ranveer even though his films given to ranveer . his gf rea is Bhatt camp seems planted . Bhatt over publicity n narration tat he is schizophrenia .frds n manger deaths , systematically targeted n removed , he n his staff only left in lock down who knows what happened at tat moment . it's abetment to ... r ...Edited by Cool_N_Cold - 3 years ago