Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

South of Vindhyas, only Pandya participated in the war, IIRC.

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

No, Hastinapur was near Meerut - actually a bit North-East of it.  Zoom out on this map that I linked to, and you'll see Meerut on the South-West.

Indraprastha otoh was East Delhi

Interesting to note that the area which is most vital today and was also the most important even in the Mughal era and the Sultunate times was the Khandavprasth- forest land which was given to the Pandavas. ðŸ˜†

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

That was a surprise to me as well - that Yudhisthir had a Brahmastra.  If he did, how was he in the risk of getting captured?

Also, day 14 and night 14 - Pandavas lost a lot of their close friends and allies - Dhristaketu, Sahadev of Magadh, Vrihaddhaksha, Purujit (son of Kuntibhoj), Ghatotkacha, Anjanparva

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

Interesting to note that the area which is most vital today and was also the most important even in the Mughal era and the Sultunate times was the Khandavprasth- forest land which was given to the Pandavas. ðŸ˜†

Lodi and Mughal times, the capital was mainly Agra: it was only after Shah jahan moved it to Shahjahanabad that it became that again.

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

My interpretation would be that in the great war, all the main warriors, on both sides, were given a task, a general goal that they were ll working for (instead of you know everyone fighting everyone).

For Bheem and Arjun both, the basic goal for both of them (since birth only I guess) to protect Yudhishthira, the sovereign.

Apart from this, Arjun was mainly handling Bheeshma-Karna-Drona (handling, not necessarily killing), the ones that were the most dangerous. In doing that, I believe he tried to finish all other battles and stop only to actually fight-fight the big 3.

Bheem on the other hand, had mostly the responsibility of Yudi, and fought on to ensure Yudi was covered at all times. And also, from reading the texts, he also has the job (this he shares with a no. of other warriors) to clean up after Arjun. Arjun kept moving through the battlefield and he pushed through after killing the leaders of the sub-groups leaving the rest of the warriors to take care of those sena parts.

Apart from Yudi, Bheem was also responsible for tapkaoing the 100bros and he does that while juggling Yudi.

Both of them were great warriors generally, but in battles obviously both played to their respective skills- Arjun's precision and Bheema's physical strength. I do not feel we can really compare them, there's no common ground na. 😳

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Lodi and Mughal times, the capital was mainly Agra: it was only after Shah jahan moved it to Shahjahanabad that it became that again.

As per my knowledge, Mamluks, Khiljis and Tughlags (except his failed attempt to shift his capital) had their capital in Delhi. Babur and Humanyun too was there. Jahangir I am not sure. Akbar was Agra IK. But Delhi was nevertheless a veey significant spot. 

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

My interpretation would be that in the great war, all the main warriors, on both sides, were given a task, a general goal that they were ll working for (instead of you know everyone fighting everyone).

For Bheem and Arjun both, the basic goal for both of them (since birth only I guess) to protect Yudhishthira, the sovereign.

Apart from this, Arjun was mainly handling Bheeshma-Karna-Drona (handling, not necessarily killing), the ones that were the most dangerous. In doing that, I believe he tried to finish all other battles and stop only to actually fight-fight the big 3.

Bheem on the other hand, had mostly the responsibility of Yudi, and fought on to ensure Yudi was covered at all times. And also, from reading the texts, he also has the job (this he shares with a no. of other warriors) to clean up after Arjun. Arjun kept moving through the battlefield and he pushed through after killing the leaders of the sub-groups leaving the rest of the warriors to take care of those sena parts.

Apart from Yudi, Bheem was also responsible for tapkaoing the 100bros and he does that while juggling Yudi.

Both of them were great warriors generally, but in battles obviously both played to their respective skills- Arjun's precision and Bheema's physical strength. I do not feel we can really compare them, there's no common ground na. 😳

My question was who is more powerful? 

Everyone started replying on basis of their work in the great war

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Generally Bhima.  Arjun was only notable when it came to the various wars, be it the Rajasuya wars, the Matsya battle, the Kurukshetra war and the Ashwamedha wars that followed.

Bhima - protecting his brothers when they were kids, killing the rakshashas Hidimba, Bakasura and Kirmira, carrying Kunti, Nakul and Sahadev after the House of Lac, and so on

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Technically they cannot be compared na, they have vastly different skill sets. 😳

You want physical strength- you go to Bheem

You need precision and speed- you go to Arjun.

Sudharies thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 8

Bheem for me hands down!