Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

Drapaudi never vowed to wash her hair with dushashan s blood. That is another myth about her. If this really happened i would like citation. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Panchali never made any silly vows like that. Her BRAIDED hair is mentioned twice in text during exile. 

None of the "vows" were actually vows. They were threats which the Pandavas later carried out. 

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Panchali never made any silly vows like that. Her BRAIDED hair is mentioned twice in text during exile. 

None of the "vows" were actually vows. They were threats which the Pandavas later carried out. 

Exactly. There are so many myths about drapaudi.  I am so sick of all of it.  A long list can be made about it starting from 

- sutputra comment

Andhe ka putra andha

Blood wash oath 

Blood bath. 

Jambu fruit 

And the list goes on and on and on

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

But I do think she put blood in the hair

Those definitely weren't vows just the angry words which came out of their mouths

The only vow probably was of Karna of not drinking alcohol till he killed Arjun unfortunately that never happened

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Those definitely weren't vows just the angry words which came out of their mouths

The only vow probably was of Karna of not drinking alcohol till he killed Arjun unfortunately that never happened

No she didn't i just checked the dushashan vadh from kmg there is no mention of blood bath only bheem drinking dushashan s blood is mentioned. 

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

No she didn't i just checked the dushashan vadh from kmg there is no mention of blood bath only bheem drinking dushashan s blood is mentioned. 

Ok thanks some things get so much imbibed into our thoughts

I used to always wonder how much blood did Dusshashan have that Bheem drank it and Draupadi washed her hair with 

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 4 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

No she didn't make the oath

No she didn't put blood in her hair.

No she didn't have Bheema or anyone else put blood in her hair.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ok thanks some things get so much imbibed into our thoughts

I used to always wonder how much blood did Dusshashan had that Bheem drank it and Draupadi washed her hair with 

😆😆😆

Horizon566 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I know that it was later addition but still I like Draupadi washing her hair with dusashan's blood.This scene from all the serials give me goosebumps.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

Exactly. There are so many myths about drapaudi.  I am so sick of all of it.  A long list can be made about it starting from 

- sutputra comment

Andhe ka putra andha

Blood wash oath 

Blood bath. 

Jambu fruit 

And the list goes on and on and on

There is also that myth - not in BRC but in the ⭐️Mahabharat serial - that all the Pandavas promised not to bring any of their other wives to Indraprastha - and that Arjun broke it.

Actually, there was no such vow, and each of her husbands had at least one other wife.  Yudhisthir had Devika, the daughter of King Shibi.  Bhima had Valandhara, the princess of Kashi (it's correct that Hidimbi never lived in either Indraprastha nor Hastinapur).  In case of Arjun, after the Ashwamedha yagna, Uloopi and Chitrangada too joined Subhadra in Hastinapur, and only left after the Pandavas abdicated.  Nakul married Karenamati, the sister of Sishupala, and Sahadev married a daughter of Jarasandha.  All these queens - except Uloopi and Chitrangada - lived in Indraprastha when Yudhisthir ruled there.  In fact, in Vana Parva, it's mentioned that aside from Dhrishtadyumna, Dhrishtaketu - the ruler of Chedi - came to take Nakul's wife back to his kingdom during the exile.