FIGHT AGAINST DESTINY- PreRish FF [Thread1 Ch 1 - 14] - Page 52

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by 456

Aap rishbh ko itni takleef kyun deti h, itni saari tensions aur severe headache  adhiraj aur rishbh ka bada purana yaarana lagta h 😆

Aur prerna lost her child bechari 😳ab aage kya hoga sharmas ko pata chlega yaa aise hi baat khatam ho jayegi???

Terrific update with prerna's accident 👏

Jaldi se update dijiyega 🤗

Heyloo pooja 🤗 Aap aa gaye finally..

Kidhar diya tension maine...sab Aditya ka kia hua hai 😡 Maine ussey isse bhi zyada musibat mein dala hai.. ye to fir bhi kuch nahi hai mere standard se 😳

Batao bataun sharma ko ya nahi? Coming updates mein pata chalega maine kya plan kia..

Prerna ka acccident kiya maine for a change 😆

Haan aaj hi dete hai thodi der mein..

Good to see you back. Kabhi kabhi darshan dene dete rehne ka..

Originally posted by WaqtZaya

Maine update padh liya 😏

Haam huzoor aapne to pad hi liya .. zille ilahi jahanpanah

Originally posted by Sunn_shine

Haam huzoor aapne to pad hi liya .. zille ilahi jahanpanah

baki logo ne nahi pada 😛

ab aa gaya chapter.. pad lenge..😊

Edited by Sunn_shine - 4 years ago

Hello Amazing Peoplesmiley31

Due to time constraints I have not been able to complete next part of  the update, and I won’t be able to write before Tuesday. Hence, as suggested by humara Jahanpanah Ankie, I am posting what's ready and rest I will post as a part 2 of this chapter.

Thank you to each one of you advance, 

Love

_SunShine

CHAPTER 12

A MONTH LATER

SHARMA NIWAS, CALCUTTA

Prerna was recovering well under the love and care of her family. Colleagues and kids from ACHARYA FOUNDATION visited her several times in the past 1 month post her terrible accident. Though she was given a full paid leave from her work but since last week on her insistence Bandana allowed her to work on some of the reports from home. 

A day after her accident she had narrated the entire incident to the police and requested them to check if Anurag was present on Mallick Road that night. Police checked CCTV footage of that area and inquired people, but didn’t find anything concrete to support Anurag’s presence in the peaceful protest that turned into a mayhem that night. 

Moloy and Anupam had also come to visit her once, when Inspector Bagchi shared Prerna’s suspicion during one of their regular meetings to check on their case’s progress. They shared how everyone at Basu Badi had been miserable ever since Anurag went missing from the wedding night. Veena and family empathised with the two men who had come to visit Prerna but Veena also stressed on not making this a habit as she didn’t want her daughter to fall back in her life again. She didn’t even shy away from reminding them of the day they had literally thrown her daughter out of their house, if that wasn’t humiliating enough they even blamed her for Anurag gone missing. Moloy and Anupam made an attempt to apologize but at last they agreed with Veena to keep restricted relations between the two families.

Days went by fine, busy with her family and some project reports that she had now began to family, she cried each night hugging Kukki’s picture, as she had nothing that belonged to her unborn that she could hold on to. After that incident her longing to meet Kukki had manifolded work on, but the nights were hard on her. She could not forget that horrible night, she lost her unborn child because she decided to chase a man, she thought was Anurag. Hiding from her several times. She wanted to hold Kukki close to her chest and hear call her Maa. 

4.30 PM

“Maa main kal se office jana chahti hu. Ab mere bruises bhi theek ho gaye aur permanent plaster bhi hat gaya hai. Sirf ye temporary cast hai, mujhe ghar pe baithke bore hone laga hai” said Prerna, while Veena applied oil to her head. 

“Tumara dimaag to theek hai na Priyu, plaster nikal gaya hai but haath abhi tak theek nahi hua hai. Doctor ne kaha hai na abhi aur 15-20 din lagenge. Nahi tumhe tab tak nahi jane denge jab tak ye puri tareeke se theek nahi ho jata hai Veena didn’t pay any heed to Prena’s request.

“Pr Maaaa…” Prerna tried to reason out with her but Veena was in no mood to send her daughter out like this especially after what had happened with her.

“Priyu, ek baar kaha na, Nahi, to matlab nahi. Waise bhi Bandanaji ne tumhe leave di hui to fir..

“Maa isliye to main jana chahti hu. Ek to mujhe ab ghar pe baithna nhi acha lagta hai. Dusri baat Bandana aunty kuch kahe na kahe but projects implementation slow ho gaya hai, coz bhuat kuch maine plan kiya hai. Isi wajah se to koi na koi roz hi yaha ata hai office se doubts clear karne ke liye. Mujhe nahi acha lagta hai. Waise bhi main sirf office jane ki permission maang rahi hu aapse, I promise field visits ke liye nahi jaungi. Please Maa, ye free ki salary nahi chahiye mujhe Prerna turned and lowered her head in Veena’s lap.

“Theek hai ek baar pehle Bandanji se baat kar lo, tabhi koi decision lena. Aur haan sirf office, aur kahi nahi. Seedha ghar se office aur office se ghar. Hum mein aur himmat nahi hai beta tumhe us tarah dekhne ki jaise tum humein hospital mein mili thi. Pata nhi kis anjaan insaan ke peeche bhaag rahi thi usey Anurag samjh ke” tears formed in Veena’s eyes as she recalled that night when she found Prerna in IRIS hospital after volunteer’s had called her. 

“Maan mujhe sach mein wo Anurag hi laga.. Pr shayad main galat thi.. Bhuat galat..” Prerna took a deep breath feeling guilty on her irrational decision to follow a stranger and continued “Par ab jo hua wo ho gaya. I will be more careful I promise. Thank you Maa.. Main abhi Ms. Acharya se baat kar leti hu. Kal Monday se hi start kr leti hu” Prerna hugged her mother and got up to call Ms. Acharya.

ALTAMOUNT TOWERS, MUMBAI

8.30 PM

After numerous requests and pleas of Kukki, Rishabh finally came out from his study. He got his files and laptop along and settled on the couch in her room and kept his stuff on the coffee table. Kukki opened his arms and made herself comfortable in his lap. Rishabh kissed her but his focus was still on his laptop screen. 

“Papa” asked Kukki, moving her legs back and forth.

“Hmmmm” said Rishabh.

“What is this that you are reading?she asked pointing out at his laptop screen. 

“This is a report, office work Kukki.. You’ll know when you grow up and work in an officeRishabh replied still not looking at her. 

“Okay… she sighed and adjusted her teddy’s glasses, feeling bored of not getting her father’s attention.

“Papa.. can we play chess pleeaaassse?she held his chin in her hand and turned his head to make him look at her. 

Rishabh looked at her pleading eyes and couldn’t help but smile. “Okay, go get the chess board

Kukki was excited at the thought of getting his full attention because she knew how much he loved the game of chess. She quickly arranged the board on the table and asked him to play. She made her first move and pulled his free hand telling him about his turn. 

Every time Kukki pulled his hand to remind him about his turn, he randomly move pieces on the board as he was still focused on some new emails that Ravi shared with him about THRIVE’s new launch “Fizz Crystal”

This time also Rishabh picked up a piece from the chess board to make his move but before he could, to his surprise he saw all pieces scattered on the floor along with the chess board. He looked at Kukki, who stood with her back facing him and hands folded against her chest. 

Clueless of what exactly happened he looked at Kukki with concern and asked “Kukki, baby kya hua? Why did you throw the board away?”

Kukki fumed with anger and without turning back she said “just look at the piece in your hand”

Rishabh looked at it and he still could not figure out anything. “I have a Knight in my hand and I was about to move it before you..”

His words were cut short as Kukki turned around and snatched the knight from his hand and said in an irritated voice “WHAT COLOR IS THIS? WHITE.. THAT’S MY KNIGHT NOT YOURS”. She threw it on the floor with force and looked away from him. 

“Aap mere sath khel hi nahi rahe the.. Aaj sunday hai fir bhi aap bas office work karte ho.. You don’t love me.. Aap Bad Papa ban gaye ho” her voice almost cracked. That’s when Rishabh realised his grave mistake. He immediately got up from his place and went down on his knees in front of his daughter. Without wasting a fraction of second, he embraced her in a tight hug, though Kukki protested but she soon gave in and hugged him tight in return. 

So sorry beta, Papa is really very sorry. Papa sach mein bad Papa ban gaye hain, jo apni angel ke sath time nahi spend kar pate hai.. Isliye Bad Papa ko to  punishment milni chahie, haina? Aap jo punishment denge wo Papa karenge, Papa promise His heart broke when he saw her teary eyes, he quickly wiped tears of her face and kissed her. 

“You have to take me out” she replied in her sobbing voice, looking at him with her eyes still glistening with her tears. Without uttering a single word he picked her up in his arms and they both left the room. 

“Kaha ja rahe ho Rishabh? Khana ready hai pehle dinner karlo dono, fir jao jahan bhi jana hai” said Masi as she saw the two walking towards the exit door.

“Kukki and I are going for a dinner date. We’ll eat out today and uske baad Ice cream, right Kukki?Kukki giggled in his arms unable to hide her joy and they both left. 

Masi was happy to finally see the father-duo do something together after a long time ever since Rishabh got too busy with office matters. Though she had no idea of the issues at work, and never did he talk about it at home but she could see how it consumed Rishabh. He had not been sleeping enough to balance his time between Kukki and work and that had her worried for Rishabh. She had been wanting to talk to him about it but she rarely found him free these days.

NEXT DAY

8.30 AM

Everyone, including Mr. Mehra who had joined the Bajaj family as Rishabh and him planned to leave together for BICP, sat quietly on the breakfast table. Rishabh already dropped Kukki in the school, was sipping on his cup of coffee while reading the news paper. 

Tanvi sat completely lost and disinterested, playing with her fork. Rishabh noticed and asked “What's wrong with you Tanvi? Khane ki jagah why are you playing with your food?”

Tanvi lazily looked at Rishabh, his face still hid behind the newspaper. She rolled her eyes and rested her head on her arm on the table.

“I am bored. Ab to Kukki bhi school and Tutor ke sath busy hoti hai” she said still digging her fork in her sandwich.

“Why don’t you go out, then? Mumbai is quite a cool place, there is a lot you can do” he folded his newspaper to look at her and said “night life is pretty exciting. Go party and enjoy if you want to” 

“No.. I don’t have any friends here and I am sure neither you nor Mr. Mehra will accompany me to a party. So thank you but no thank you” Mr. Mehra almost choked on his food and grabbed his glass of water.

“In that case you could take up a job, you’ll make friends who would be better company than Mehra and me” he gave her a teasing glance and Tanvi rolled her eyes again.

“I am serious, you could join BI too, I am sure you’ll find something interesting” Rishabh kept his new paper away and looked at her serious discussion. 

Rishabh’s suggestion triggered her interest and she sat straight showing her interest in the idea. “But I have a design background, where will I fit in with BI?” 

“We may not have anything design related, but I do remember you did some fundraising for Not For Profit organisation back in London, so why not get into our CSR division. Though it's not about raising funds, but your experience could be valuable in fund allocation, considering you’d have an eye for genuine organisations who reach to us for funds. You can start as an intern and work your way up. And you get to meet a lot of people as a part of the job. What say Mehra?”

“Aisa ho sakta hai, in fact we are starting a new and small set up in Nariman Point office to reduce traveling for some of the staff. Training sessions for new joinees start next week, you can start with thatsaid Mehra.

Tanvi got really excited with the idea of doing something new. “I am in. But I have a request, I start like any other employee, and if possible, no one should know I am related to you. At least till the time I prove my worth” Masi quitely heard her daughter with a smile on her face, but she decided not to interrupt the conversation. 

“Don’t worry Tanvi, will inform HR. Waise bhi, I’ll be the first one to fire you if I feel you don’t fit in” said Rishabh and excused himself to leave the table. 

Tanvi in her excited got up and hugged Rishabh tightly thanking him for giving her this opportunity. Rishabh responded with a smile and breaking their hug he said “Don’t thank me. Everyone deserves a chance; this is yours, so give your best. See you in the office next Monday. Tab tak you can research about us and what we do.. So don’t waste this week getting bored. Aisa socho your work starts today onward. All the best” Tanvi rushed to her mom and gave her a tight hug. 

Mr. Mehra, inform HR and get her contract ready Mr. Mehra got up from his chair and nodded in agreement.

ACHARYA FOUNDATION, CALCUTTA

10.00 AM

Everyone at the office was happy to see Prerna back at work. They even organized a small celebration to welcome their colleague after a gap of a month. Her desk was decorated with balloons and a lot of wishes in form of cards, handwritten notes from from kids, staff and Basanti residents filled her soft board. She was overwhelmed by the love that she was showered with in such a short association with the foundation. 

While she was lost in reading each and every note on the soft board Bandana, came and personally handed over an envelope.

“This is for you” Bandana gave her the envelope and left. 

Prerna checked the envelope and it looked like someone had sent it via post. She looked at the back of the envelope to check the address, but there was nothing written except Mumbai. 

Prerna wondered who would send her a post from Mumbai as she knew no one who lived in the city. She took out a pair of scissors from her drawer and open the envelope and found a card in another envelope. 

She took out a plain white card with a handwritten message inside.

Dear Ms. Prerna Sharma, 

Hope you get well soon and get back to work as soon as possible. I have loved your ideas for the Basanti and would be great to have you on board for its implementation. Good Luck!

Aditya Adhiraj

Prerna rushed to Bandana’s office with the note and looked at her expecting her to say something. Bandana expected her in her office and she held her from her shoulders and gave her a hug. 

“Aditya sent it for you. Well I told you he was very happy with your work, so when I told him about your accident he sent this note for you. He always treats people he works with, like a small family and you are part of this too. You should be proud of yourself, not everyone gets a note like this from a big shot like him. Hope this motivates you further. Now go, Ayesha is waiting for you, she will update you on last one month’s progress” Bandana went back to her desk and continued with her work. 

Prerna’s eyes were sparkling with happiness, she stopped at the door thinking if, it was all real or just a figment of her imagination. That’s when Ayesha came and snapped her fingers in front of  her eyes.

“What are you doing here? I have been waiting for you. Apne appreciation note ko baad mein admire kar lena, abhi chalo bhuat kaam hai” she almost dragged Prerna to her workstation. 

BICP, NAVI MUMBAI

Meeting Room, 11.15 AM

A heated discussion was going on in the meeting room where members from several departments were present including Ravi who on Rishabh’s orders was heading the team that was keeping a 24/7 check on every little activity related to THRIVE, more specifically “Fizz Crystal”. R&D team and manufacturing heads from Bangalore unit had joined via video call. Everyone in the room was trying to convince the rest for their idea. 

All discussions came to a halt once Rishabh entered the door sharp at 11.30 followed by Mr. Mehra and Nidhi. Even before Rishabh reached his chair, he threw a bunch of papers, newspapers and magazines on the table. Everything was scattered and other members tried to pick up the stuff that laid in front of them. All they found were marketing campaigns, reviews, interviews, news reports of “Fizz Crystal” of past 1.5 months.

“So what do you have to say about this now? Does this look like a threat or not?” Rishabh opened his jacket button and stood next to his chair with his hands in the pockets.

Everyone shared some data points from their own department to show that their own products were not that much affected at this stage. Rishabh quietly heard all of them but wasn’t very satisfied with the whole explanation and justification.

“Sir, I want to share a few things with due permission. 

Once he got a nod from Rishabh he began.Data shared by all respected members is valid and correct and I do not intend to question that. My point is this data is for current situation. I have been following this for 1.5 months since it’s launch. Though our sales and revenues are at no threat at this point in time but will it be the same 1 year down the line from now? Answer is NO”. 

He presented a pie chart on the screen and began to explain “Sir, if we consider overall beverage market including carbonated drinks, juices, mineral water, etc we sit at very comfortable place owning about 52% where as THRIVE just owns around 11.5% at present. Following the sales figures of their new product, they have set a target of 2% increase in their overall market space, which looks nominal and not that harmful. But if we go deeper and focus on the data for just the carbonated drinks market than it presents a completely different picture. At present we own 59.6% of the market share of Carbonated Drinks and Thrive owns 15%. Which means at present we are four times bigger. But now with this launch the whole thing changes. If new sales trends are added to this data they expect to increase their share for carbonated drinks by 5% in a year’s time; that’s their target too. If that happens they reach at 20%, so the margin of 4times quickly comes down to 3 times only. That is what is the biggest trouble is. This would lead to huge losses to us if we don’t counter it now, because a huge chunk of this 5% increment will be eaten out our market share as we are market leaders” Ravi ended his presentation and looked at stunned faces in the room except Rishabh, who was busy writing down a few numbers on a piece of paper.

“Now this is what I expect as an answer to my question. After 1.5 month, we are clear it’s not a fad as some of you thought it to be” Rishabh moved ahead and stood near the screen  that connected the meeting room with Bangalore staff. He folded his arms against his chest and asked “Are you ready with the recipe for production?”

“Yes Sir, we finished it long back, were waiting to hear from you. We even sent samplers to Mumbai HQ as well as BICP. It tastes exactly as Fizz Crystal. We can get into production any time” said one of the members feeling excited to hear some praises for their team’s effort. Many other members who have tasted and compared the samplers, agreed in unison that it did taste almost the same.

“I know it does. Now all you have to do is, make it taste bad, a little bitter may be. Instead of regular sugar like Fizz Crystal, add a no-calorie sweetener. As far as packaging is concerned we’ll go with cans, use similar color theme and font as Fizz, but not the same. Mention Sugar Free and No Calorie in bigger font Every single word that he uttered lead to silent stares in the room and on screen.

Rishabh had his eyes closed as he spoke further, “drink done, packaging done, we need a name.. A name.. Ummm.. lets just call it “Clear Craze”. Clear resembles Crystal of “Fizz Crystal”. Done” he looked like he was talking to himself while Nidhi was busy noting his random thoughts that made no sense at all to anyone present for the meeting.

“Now comes marketing, don’t go overboard with the spending on this one. We will launch it first in top 10 cities where Fizz is getting its maximum revenues from and then we expand it to next 20 cities if needed. An underrated launch, a few advertisements on different platforms, with a focus on it being a sugar free clear drink. Use social media to let people share their views good or bad. Everyone let’s get to work we are launching ‘Clear Craze’ beginning next month. I want ‘Clear Craze’ next to ‘Fizz Crystal’ on every goddamn shelf in first 10 cities in the next 15 days.

“I’ll see you all next Monday with the progress on this. Better be ready to meet the deadline. Nidhi I need hourly status. Ravi, you and your team at BI HQ sharp at 10.00 am tomorrow. Last not the least anything discussed in this room, remains in the room.” he said and left a bunch of shocked people behind. 

As soon as he stepped out there was chaos in the room as they all began to discuss and plan how to meet this deadline of 15 day. In the middle of the chaos it was Ravi who after thinking for a while, wrote a word in his notepad. He whispered in Nidhi’s ear “I think I know what Mr. Bajaj is upto” and slid his notepad towards her showing her the word that he had boxed with a red pen.

She gave a closer look at the notepad from under her furrowed brows KAMIKAZE” and uttered in shock “you mean deliberate suicide or self destructive?”

Ravi pulled his notepad and scratched over the word “Mr. Bajaj is a genius. If this works as planned, it’ll give THRIVE a run for their money. I’ll go prepare for tomorrow’s meeting. See you later” Ravi flashed a huge smile and left the room. 

Part 12- Page 86 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152609808

Link to other stories-

EPIPHANY https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152039413

THE MIRROR https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/152168455

Edited by Sunn_shine - 3 years ago

Me doing the naryal phoding as usual...😎

Will be back after reading...

And then comment..

😎

Originally posted by MishtiNew

Me doing the naryal phoding as usual...😎

Will be back after reading...

And then comment..

😎

2nd time nariyal phoding.. read, meanwhile I go and read yours new OS :)

Originally posted by Sunn_shine

2nd time nariyal phoding.. read, meanwhile I go and read yours new OS :)

Ok...😎

Wah , itna jaldi update