Question to married women. - Page 5

Poll

Would you divorce your husband for just one slap?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

Don't know man , my gf hits me time to time , but that's okay , since I always have done something wrong and she is a girl not like she can do some griveous injuries to me

Just like you shouldn't raise your hand on your girlfriend, she shouldn't hit you either. 

You shouldn't be okay with this kind of behaviour as it's disrepectful. Can't she tell you what you did wrong with words ? 

The number is marginal compared to women but some men are also victim of abuse at the hand of their gf/wife.

It's better to make her understand that it's not okay to raise her hand on you right about now. I'm even sure your parents wouldn't be okay with her hitting you.

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

Just like you shouldn't raise your hand on your girlfriend, she shouldn't hit you either. 

You shouldn't be okay with this kind of behaviour as it's disrepectful. Can't she tell you what you did wrong with words ? 

The number is marginal compared to women but some men are also victim of abuse at the hand of their gf/wife.

It's better to make her understand that it's not okay to raise her hand on you right about now. I'm even sure your parents wouldn't be okay with her hitting you.

Maybe he is the one who gets a kick by getting hit by women....who knows, strange world.

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: taniya.91

Maybe he is the one who gets a kick by getting hit by women....who knows, strange world.

You mean to say that some women also get a kick getting hit by their partner ? 

He obviously wasn't talking about sexual foreplay but by his girlfriend hitting him when he did something she judge wrong. 

Hitting someone be it a man or a woman is not okay. It's disrepectful.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to anything in life. Men are raised to be aggressive. Ask any guy if he's never pushed or hit someone. They all have. From hockey and sports types fights to pushing a friend they're angry with. I have male cousins and I've personally seen them go at each other once in a blue moon over something that had happened. It does not mean they disrespect each other or have no value for each other. People are simplifying things way too much if they think that.

I agree that women are weaker and men should never hit them but if it's something that happens once in a lifetime where they end up pushing or slapping, it's not terrible to let it go. They should apologize and agree that it was wrong and get some help for their anger management obviously but human beings can't be discarded that easily. It's different if it's a pattern and they do it more than once or it's part of other emotional and mental abuse. 

Nothing is clear-cut or black and white in life. It doesn't mean the woman has no self-respect either - I see this woman-blaming happening all the time (by other women!) because some don't leave their husband the way some people think they should. I see the same snideness in cheating cases too - oh the woman has no self-respect or wants money or stuff like that. No, the real world doesn't work like that.

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

You mean to say that some women also get a kick getting hit by their partner ? 

He obviously wasn't talking about sexual foreplay but by his girlfriend hitting him when he did something she judge wrong. 

Hitting someone be it a man or a woman is not okay. It's disrepectful.

I was just infusing some fun in a serious dark discussion....lol.

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

You can't hit your wife under ANY circumstance. That's the point. Thats physical violence and should not be normalized. Exceptional cases like maybe calling his mother a w*ore is also not an excuse to hit his wife. That will be pretty ironic. Hitting a woman while seemingly defending another. You can't hit your wife. Point blank. 

And sure he can hit her for whatever reason he deems 'fit' or "acceptable". That's his part. But that's still violence. Regardless of whatever reason he conjures up. There is no justifying it. If we are to normalize men hitting women because something 'drastic' happened then we should normalize calling it an abusive action which it is and her validity to use to leave a marriage too. 

The intent was to hurt. 

There is something called 'heat of the moment's where the provocation is so drastic that you act before you think.

And no, its fully justified to hit someone who calls your mother a wh*re. Whether that person is male or female. Having a vagina doesn't mean that you can abuse someone's mom and walk away scott-free. That's a pretty sexist argument.

And let's fact the truth, nobody would end a good, non-abusive marriage over one exceptional instance of physical violence. That would be sheer stupidity of throwing away a perfectly healthy relation over something that was so obviously one-off and exceptional. Nobody's that stupid and impulsive no matter what they say in speeches or the internet. 

Edited by Mahisa22 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

There is something called 'heat of the moment's where the provocation is so drastic that you act before you think.

And no, its fully justified to hit someone who calls your mother a wh*re. Whether that person is male or female. Being female doesn't mean you can get away with filthy abuses. 

And let's fact the truth, nobody would end a good, non-abusive marriage over one exceptional instance of physical violence. That would be sheer stupidity of throwing away a perfectly healthy relation over something that was so obviously one-off and exceptional. Nobody's that stupid and impulsive no matter what they say in speeches or the internet. 

Sensible balanced post.

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I would leave my husband if he slap me.

Edited by Stark_Wolf - 4 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

And no, its fully justified to hit someone who calls your mother a wh*re. Whether that person is male or female. Being female doesn't mean you can get away with filthy abuses. 

LOL.  Wow. Here's an idea,if your wife is calling your mother a w*ore you can leave her. YEAH. Not lay a single finger on her but leave. Why is that never an option for men lol. Why is hitting an option BUT not leaving. Amazing! No, there is no justification for hitting your wife. 

And sure.. yeah that's what am saying. Heat of the moment, provocation whatever bs you want to justify yourself with, feed yourself youre still indulging in physical violence and that's what it is. Twist it in anyway you want to. You can't escape it. Hard luck. 

And let's face the truth, if a woman has enough privilege,financial security,supportive parents who do not want her to be hit again,, recognised that it's indeed a sign of abuse then they will leave at the first instance of violence.That would be sheer stupidity to stay in a  relationship where husband does not know not to hit his wife under any circumstance cause clearly they have no boundaries when it comes to inflict physical hurt on you. But yeah people do stay in a marriage where there is zero respect for you and your husband physically hurts you. Yes it's easier said than done for most people since they do not have a lot of privileges and hence have to stay with an abusive fcuk and the trauma for maybe the rest of their lives. 

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: taniya.91

I was just infusing some fun in a serious dark discussion....lol.

My bad then ðŸ˜Š