WaitiNG fr next update

aditi_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: IMA9167

rey was a new entry wasnt it

all kst all characters were covered in this part

and all thier relations were slightly complicated

i was looking farward how every one will move forward and workout thier relations

and still wonder what had meera reasons will b to betray geet

will b waiting for further updates

thanks for double updates

Rey was a new entry few chapters back. He is a son of family friend and business partner of Khuranas but the three, Maan, Annie and Rey treat each others as siblings and have grown up together. I am not sure if Meera will come into the story again.... Lets see where the characters take me.

aditi_2010 thumbnail

I am glad you liked it. Thank you!!smiley1

aditi_2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: khwaishfan

that's great!! Merry Christmas to you and your family 

Thanks dear!! Merry Christmas to you too.... The update is almost ready... Will be ready to be posted tomorrow...

aditi_2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanum23

WaitiNG fr next update

The update is almost ready... Will be ready to be posted tomorrow...

aditi_2010 thumbnail

Thank you everyone for such overwhelming response.

Before I start I would just say this is not just an ordinary story. Neither Maan nor Geet are perfect people here. they are both imperfect and here's a story of few people who are no where near perfects. This is the story of their flaws...their imperfections...their incompleteness. Do comment and press like. They inspire me to write better. In case anyone wants pm please add me as buddy.Awaiting your honest opinions.

Part 29

Healing has many stages

Annie was ready for bed when she checked her cell. There were a number of missed calls from Vicky. She was tired but the thought of Vicky being worried did not sit well with her. A smile automatically formed on her lips.

She called up Vicky. Vicky picked up the call and said dramatically….

“So Madam finally has time for her lowly servant?”

“Shut up Vicks!”

The old nickname slipped out of her lips as the smile turned into a full blown laughter.

“OH Anniekins!! This calls for war…”

“Should we duel for our honor Viking?”

“Of course… what will it be,swords or pistol…. One quick question though… Does it have to be dueling ones…Those are antiques now and can be difficult to arrange…”

Annie started giggling merrily as she tried hard to regain her composure. She could hear Vicky chuckling on the other end of the line. After a minute or so she controlled herself enough to answer.

“Oh Vicky! I love you know?”

“I know sweetie!”

“So why do you doubt it?”

The atmosphere turned heavy at her sudden seriousness. She could hear Vicky sigh.

“Annie sweetie, I know you love me. It was never a question of whether you love me or not. I know you love me.”

“Then why do you talk of leaving? Is it so easy to leave me?”

“If I have to leave you that would be the hardest thing I will ever do. But I will only do so if you want me to. I won’t force you to be with me. It has to be your choice or I will always have a doubt if you would have chosen me on your free will.”

“Stay and fight for me Vicky…Don’t just let me walk away…”

“Who said I would? I won’t force you ever. I respect you too much for that. But I will always try to make you fall in love with me until you are permanently his.”

“I don’t think I would choose him. He makes me fearful. You on the other hand is like that wind in my life that blows away all my sadness and problems.”

“Glad to be of service Ma’am. After all, Vickram Kaul has charms Ma’am… I am glad you can appreciate it.”

Annie laughed again.

“Oh Vicky!!! Can you ever be serious for more than five minutes at a time?”

“Oh you have enough seriousness for both of us.”

“’Us’- I like the sound of that.I like ‘us’ Vicky. Somehow ‘us’ makes sense to me.”

“Or is it that ‘Us’ is a safe option?”

“Vicky! You are impossible.”

“It’s a pain in the ass when you are in relationship with your best friend isn’t it? We know each other so well we can read the other’s unsaid words…. You have all the time in the world Ann.Think and take a decision. But don’t give me false hope unless you are sure. I am a human. Too much hope can kill us you know.”

For a moment the happy-go-lucky facade of Vicky’s slipped and she felt his pain as intensely as if she was the one in pain.

“Stop hiding your pain so much Vicky…. I want to share yours as you have shared mine for so long.”

“Isn’t that how it is supposed to be?”

“You’re right. This is exactly how it is supposed to be. We sharing each other’s pain is exactly what is supposed to be. You know I am thankful Arjun came back?”

“So you get a chance to closure?”

“Yes I think. But more than that. He would have always been there between us invisible yet destroying us.Now we can deal this issue once and for all.”

“You sound like you have made up your mind?”

“I don’t know for sure. But I won’t tell you or him. I will just show. They say action speaks louder than words. Maybe my action would convince you what my words cannot.”

“Fair enough. I will wait for some action then…”

The double innuendo was too blunt to be ignored…

“Oh Vicky!! Don’t ever change.”

“I won’t I promise. But it’slate and I have an early shift tomorrow. So let’s call it a night.”

“Goodnight my dear Viking!”

“Goodnight my sweet Anniekins.”

Annie switched off the bed-side-lamp as she cut the call. A smile lingered on her lips as she slept.

*******

Geet and Brij were sitting and chatting when Maan and Arjun came and sat beside them. Geet waited for a moment before asking the question.

G: “Maan!”

M:” Yep?”

G:” Did you get me chocolates?”

M:” Oh no! I totally forgot…”

Geet pouted a bit that he forgot. Maan’s eyes were twinkling as was Arjun’s. Geet truly was quite cute when she pouted like a child.

Geet:” How can someone forget about chocolates?”

B:” It’s okay Geetu, we will get some for you next time.”

G:” But I wanted one now Veerji.”

Her forlorn look was too much and both Maan and Arjun laughed out loud.

M:” OH Geet!! You and Muski doesn’t have much difference at this moment! In fact, I am sure she would behave more maturely.”

Geet gave him an angry glare.

A:” Who is Muski?”

B:” Geet’s six-year-old daughter, my niece.”

Arjun laughed. Geet glared at him too. Suddenly she felt something on her lap and found Maan sliding her two Dairymilk silks. The toothy grin she gave Maan was so innocent no one could think Geet was any older than fifteen.

Maan, Brij and Arjun were all smiling at her antics. Brij looked at Maan and winked.

B:” Geetu, you know you still behave like a kid when it comes to chocolates.”

G:” What to do… Chocolates were my first love.”

M:” Wow!! I am sure nobody can come in between the great love of you and chocolates…”

Geet just laughed and nibbled on her chocolates. Arjun turned seriously at Brij and asked about his father. The atmosphere turned serious.

B:” The doctor came when you were out. Dad is still not out of danger but the longer he remains stable the less the risks are.”

M:” Don’t worry Brij!!Everything will turn out good.”

Arjun looked serious for a minute before he piped in.

A:” Guys, Maan is right.Everything will turn out okay. But I have something serious to discuss with you both.”

B:” Yeah! Go ahead. “

A:” Have you ever seeked medical help for auntie?”

B:” For what?”

Arjun looked at Maan and both sighed. They had to be tactful while approaching this. Arjun looked at Maan and gestured him to start.

M:” Brij, don’t take this in anyway insulting but I need you to answer truthfully. I have only heard what Arjun had relayed to us and some things from Geet. Do you think this as normal behavior by your mother?”

B:” What are you trying to imply Maan?”

M:” I am not trying to imply anything. From what I heard from Geet way before this incident her mother hated her for as long as she can remember. Is that right Geet?”

G:” Yes Maan. I don’t know how I grew when I was too young but I don’t have any sweet memories of my mother. It was as if I could do nothing right in her eyes. In earlier years when I still tried to gain her approval I tried to do everything as per her wish and yet she wasn’t happy. When I realized that I can never make her happy I started rebelling and make my own choices she became worse. I think by the time I turned eighteen she actively hated me.”

M:” Do you concur with Geet’s assessment Brij?”

B:” As much I wish things different I have to agree with Geet. It was always nannies that took care of Geet. Mother would have even refused to feed Geet had it not been painful to her own self. But feeding her was the only thing she did.”

M:” Now answer my previous question, do you think this is normal behavior?”

B:” I…… “

M:” It’s not Brij. It was never okay to subject you guys to such behaviors. I have better memories with my mother for the few years I had with her than Geet has till date. This is not normal.”

B:” What are you trying to say?”

M:” I think and Arjun agrees;Your mother might have some underlying mental issue causing her behavioral problems. We think you should seek medical help for her.”

A:” Brij, as much as society has progressed mental health is still very much ignored. I think both you and Geet should seek some counselling as well.”

B &G:” We have nothing wrong…”

M:” Of course there is nothing wrong with you guys. Seeking counselling doesn’t mean you are insane or mentally ill. But you have to understand, the way you guys grew up was not okay. Though Geet was the main target your mother was not good for you either.This kind of upbringing has had an effect on you and has affected your choices as adult. Geet if not for yourself you should seek help for Muskaan. Your choices affect her as well.”

G:” So I get to blame my mother for everything wrong in my life?”

M:” No. Your choices are yours.But if your thought process is wrong then you inadvertently come to wrong conclusion. I wish both of you would seek some professional help to check if you have been adversely affected by your childhood. Please keep an open mind and see where we are coming from.”

Silence engulfed them as everyone contemplated what was being said. Nobody disturbed the silence.Sometimes silence can be healing.

Edited by aditi_2010 - 4 years ago
nishamna thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Oh it was so cute when geet was cribbing for chocolates and the way she got  happy after getting one. So is it true that geet's mother is not well. I agree they should consult with a psycaterist. It would really help them. Waiting for next dear.

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

thanks for the pm! 

Part 29

lovely update! beautifully written.

enjoyed Vicky and Annie's banter. he is a nice person and loves Annie is so much.

admire that he wants Annie's happiness even if its with Arjun. liked that he gives Annie a choice.

but can understand his pain.

Ahh Geet is so cute! loved how she demands a chocolate from Maan! of cos he teases her.

glad that her dad is stable.

great that Maan and Arjun spoke to Geet and Brij about their mom.

Indeed her behavior towards Geet is abnormal. agree with them that Mrs Handa needs medical help! 

loved that Maan advised them! 

update soon

sanum23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7

Vicky wants Annie's happiness only Geet behaving like kid's fr chocolate and Maan enjoying this 

Arjun Maan try to make them understand that there mother have some mental issue they have to consult some one

maaneetsangel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Interesting update.. 

I agree with what maan n arjun are trying to convey regarding their mother's behavior n also seeking medical help for her. 

Also it's not wrong to undergo counseling for both geet n brij.