Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Its sad Tara didn't get KS...on the other hand it had so many controversies...and Kiara did a good job. Imo I found her better than Arjun Reddy wali Preethi 😆 Kiara even looked the part, whereas the South actress looked way older.

RX 100 was a great film. I think Tara has it in her to nail the role. First since she can pass off as both a teenager and a young adult. Which mostly actresses from 2000s could do (DP, Kat etc). I lowkey feel Ahan's gonna be great too.

I disagree, I watched KS first and thought it’s a good movie only cus of Kabirs character. I felt Kiara did ok. Then I watched AR and man the actress there was much better, she had life in her. Kiara made Pretty seem so dull and submissive which is why I found the first half hour of KS so disturbing because it felt like she was being pressured. Whereas in AR Preity at least smiled and you knew she wasn’t being forced, it was her choice too. 

Tara has the looks for sure for the role and if she manages to do justice to it, she will do well in bw.

Silvertarax thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

Never I mentioned anywhere Kjo helped Tara to get Maarjavaan or RX100. My point was Tara is getting movies , so be happy with that, why complain about roles of others?? That is the whole fcuking point.

I don't have problem with Tara doing well, I just find this habit of Tara sympathisers, trying to make her the abla naari.

You said you don’t like this nepotism argument because if Kjo was trying to sabotage Tara he wouldn’t have launched her. But launching someone doesn’t mean he’s helping them. He launched Sana Saeed but look what he did to her in SOTY.  Would he give the same role to Alia or Ananya or Jhanvi? 

I’m not complaining. I am happy with whatever Tara is doing and I personally don’t mind Nepostism. I like actors like ranbir and Alia. But that doesn’t mean I will ignore that it doesn’t exist. 

Well Yh Tara is no abla nari but if you’re denying tht she’s not affected by nepotism then that’s ignorance. 

Just watch. If Sara Jhanvi or Ananya face flops, they will get countless opportunities to start over. Just like sonam, Arjun and sonakshi. But if someone like Tara has a flop next then she won’t get the same privilege and that my friend, is the whole point. 

Edited by Silveraliax - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Silveraliax

You said you don’t like this nepotism argument because if Kjo was trying to sabotage Tara he wouldn’t have launched her. But launching someone doesn’t mean he’s helping them. He launched Sana Saeed but look what he did to her in SOTY.  Would he give the same role to Alia or Ananya or Jhanvi? 

I’m not complaining. I am happy with whatever Tara is doing and I personally don’t mind Nepostism. I like actors like ranbir and Alia. But that doesn’t mean I will ignore that it doesn’t exist. 

Well Yh Tara is no abla nari but if you’re denying tht she’s not affected by nepotism then that’s ignorance. 

Just watch. If Sara Jhanvi or Ananya face flops, they will get countless opportunities to start over. Just like sonam, Arjun and sonakshi. But if someone like Tara has a flop next then she won’t get the same privilege and that my friend, is the whole point. 

Firstly it is quite certain, you are confusing me with some one else. Where the heck I wrote: "this nepotism argument because if Kjo was trying to sabotage Tara he wouldn’t have launched her" ?

I didn't write or even hinted it anywhere, are you confusing me with some one else.

Also I don't think Tara is the abla nari against whom Kjo and his girls are plotting, which Tara sympathizers tried to make it like it is the absolute truth.

Also here I am not talking about privilege of the star kids, I know how much privilege star kids have, but I don't also entertain this faltu victimization of outsiders like Kriti Sanon, Tara and so on, making it like they are being targeted actively targeted and ignored.

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

(...)

Also I don't think Tara is the abla nari against whom Kjo and his girls are plotting, which Tara sympathizers tried to make it like it is the absolute truth.

Also here I am not talking about privilege of the star kids, I know how much privilege star kids have, but I don't also entertain this faltu victimization of outsiders like Kriti Sanon, Tara and so on, making it like they are being targeted actively targeted and ignored.

I am not a 'simpa' per se but I genuinely think Tara has more talent than a Jhanvi or Ananya and many other nepo kids - she just needs better roles...and better movies. She was a child actor and she's been through 'the ringer' and has  shown her talent. In SOTY2 her role, clothes and everything seemed contrived- like on purpose made to show her in a bad light. Maybe she didn't fit the role or role was badly written. Maybe she wasn't in her comfort. In Marjavaan she was better in all aspects- from role to acting to even clothing and makeup....

Remember many actors have said  'I am as good as my (written) role.'

GumGum thumbnail

12 page toh ho gaya. Ab toh rona bandh karo, meri amma!

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MoonOrchid

I am not a 'simpa' per se but I genuinely think Tara has more talent than a Jhanvi or Ananya and many other nepo kids - she just needs better roles...and better movies. She was a child actor and she's been through 'the ringer' and has  shown her talent. In SOTY2 her role, clothes and everything seemed contrived- like on purpose made to show her in a bad light. Maybe she didn't fit the role or role was badly written. Maybe she wasn't in her comfort. In Marjavaan she was better in all aspects- from role to acting to even clothing and makeup....

Remember many actors have said  'I am as good as my (written) role.'

So she got the so called better written roles like Maarjavaan and her next RX100 remake, so why still crying?

MoonOrchid thumbnail

So she got the so called better written roles like Maarjavaan and her next RX100 remake, so why still crying?

I am not crying.

I just feel she wasn't given good enough opportunities vis-a-vis her talent.

Just that.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MoonOrchid

I am not crying.

I just feel she wasn't given good enough opportunities vis-a-vis her talent.

Just that.

What talent does she have besides being beautiful ☺️

MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

What talent does she have besides being beautiful ☺️

Well she CAN act quite good- provided that she gets a good-ish /suitable role. And she can sing good.

OFC you cannot see how good her talent is if she gets half baked,. second hand roles 😃

Silvertarax thumbnail

Firstly it is quite certain, you are confusing me with some one else. Where the heck I wrote: "this nepotism argument because if Kjo was trying to sabotage Tara he wouldn’t have launched her" ?

I didn't write or even hinted it anywhere, are you confusing me with some one else.

Your whole argument was made on the basis that Tara shouldn’t get this outsider sympathy because she’s getting movies right now. Even I’m a Tara fan, I’ve not blamed anyone. Just stating that there is nepotism existing, more than ever now which is why people are a little triggered. Tara isn’t abla nari at all, she’s just going to have to work harder than the star kids to make her place, that’s all. 

The fact is that starkids dont have to work harder than outsiders. They have relatives or family friends like Kjo ringing up directors to cast them, they don’t have to worry about building up their profile to land a movie, they don’t have to fit in the industry because they already know half the industry people beforehand, they already have a fan base even before doing anything just because of their family name.

Maybe not sympathy but outsiders do deserve credit for making it big because they do have to work harder to make a mark. Not saying starkids are bad or anything, I’m just saying ki outsiders don’t have privileges. 

Edited by Silveraliax - 4 years ago