Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

The minute the writers changed, I knew the show would tank. The very idea of a revamp was bullshit and even worse was its execution. I love Jhanvi more than Pooja.

I couldn't ever relate to Pooja at any point of time and the thought that she was once Jhanvi Mittal was even more confusing and baffling.

People like Chopra and his useless son killed the class and essence of EBSS. I miss Ayub Khan. I miss Dadu. I miss Jhanvi. I will miss the show that it was, before the revamp.

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

The minute the writers changed, I knew the show would tank. The very idea of a revamp was bullshit and even worse was its execution. I love Jhanvi more than Pooja.

I couldn't ever relate to Pooja at any point of time and the thought that she was once Jhanvi Mittal was even more confusing and baffling.

People like Chopra and his useless son killed the class and essence of EBSS. I miss Ayub Khan. I miss Dadu. I miss Jhanvi. I will miss the show that it was, before the revamp.

Agreed.

Which is why I hate Star Plus. If it had to air the show for 100ish episodes, then the show could have run with original story. 

The number of hits and misses Star Plus did with this story.......they should have done a better analysis of what works what doesn't, and then launched the show.

It would have been better if the show was launched on Star Bharat, at least the audience would have got to see the initial script and the show would have run longer.

Star plus is not made for different concepts. It has a set programming of romantic/family drama/humor/supernatural. Nothing else works. 

Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

Agreed.

Which is why I hate Star Plus. If it had to air the show for 100ish episodes, then the show could have run with original story. 

The number of hits and misses Star Plus did with this story.......they should have done a better analysis of what works what doesn't, and then launched the show.

It would have been better if the show was launched on Star Bharat, at least the audience would have got to see the initial script and the show would have run longer.

Star plus is not made for different concepts. It has a set programming of romantic/family drama/humor/supernatural. Nothing else works. 

Exactly we never got to see the original story.

And that's so sad cause the pre vamp story was a bomb! I liked YaBir and moreover Jhanvi yaar! <3

PK Jhnavi dynamics were fab. Amma was superb. Every character had a certain arc.

You know, I wished to give even the revamp a try. The initial post leap phase was kind of well written, but the minute Pooja started falling in the cliched mediocre Chopra traps, I couldn't take it. Was this the same Jhanvi Mittal?

Anyways, this show can still be remembered as a very well conceptualized one.

SP sucks. Ewwwwwww. Interferences with story and then when their own story backfired  they pulled the plug. Hypocrisy ki limits!

Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 4 years ago
if_mm thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

Exactly we never got to see the original story.

And that's so sad cause the pre vamp story was a bomb! I liked YaBir and moreover Jhanvi yaar! <3

PK Jhnavi dynamics were fab. Amma was superb. Every character had a certain arc.

You know, I wished to give even the revamp a try. The initial post leap phase was kind of well written, but the minute Pooja started falling in the cliched mediocre Chopra traps, I couldn't take it. Was this the same Jhanvi Mittal?

Anyways, this show can still be remembered as a very well conceptualized one.

SP sucks. Ewwwwwww. Interferences with story and then when their own story backfired  they pulled the plug. Hypocrisy ki limits!

Totally agree. The pre leap story had set up such a strong characterization, it was plain goof-up on part of the writers not to come up with a logical story after leap.

Absolutely - Pooja's behaviour was no way related to Jahnavi. When we saw Jahnavi, she wasn't totally a fake character - a lot of it was her usual self. She could have just seen through Chopra's plans ... (by the way where are they now... Rani is still available )... They could have used her original character of an intelligent, mature and composed woman so well ! 

Kabir - again a big failure in the way they showed him post leap. No one in his family questioned him about PK's death. He was there, remained silent. PK and Kabir didn't get along, he had asked PK to surrender ... but no one asked him, suspected him. The forced, blackmailed wedding was lousy. He didn't once mention about Dhruv - didn't have an ounce of guilt that he's trying to marry the girl his brother loved the most and had sunk into depression for. They didn't even give a proper reason for why he wanted the wedding. Like Rani had asked, Kabir could have easily married her and got the wealth back ! 🤔 

Anuradha ... How does this woman feel all so responsible/ ashamed for the way her daughter behaves without having really brought her up... how is it she wasn't with the family ... And how did Kabir find Pooja's mother ... how did she go mad ... why did she get afraid of fire ...  I suspect this might be one of PK - Kabir's secrets that'll never come out. 

Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: if_mm

Totally agree. The pre leap story had set up such a strong characterization, it was plain goof-up on part of the writers not to come up with a logical story after leap.

Absolutely - Pooja's behaviour was no way related to Jahnavi. When we saw Jahnavi, she wasn't totally a fake character - a lot of it was her usual self. She could have just seen through Chopra's plans ... (by the way where are they now... Rani is still available )... They could have used her original character of an intelligent, mature and composed woman so well ! 

Kabir - again a big failure in the way they showed him post leap. No one in his family questioned him about PK's death. He was there, remained silent. PK and Kabir didn't get along, he had asked PK to surrender ... but no one asked him, suspected him. The forced, blackmailed wedding was lousy. He didn't once mention about Dhruv - didn't have an ounce of guilt that he's trying to marry the girl his brother loved the most and had sunk into depression for. They didn't even give a proper reason for why he wanted the wedding. Like Rani had asked, Kabir could have easily married her and got the wealth back ! 🤔 

Anuradha ... How does this woman feel all so responsible/ ashamed for the way her daughter behaves without having really brought her up... how is it she wasn't with the family ... And how did Kabir find Pooja's mother ... how did she go mad ... why did she get afraid of fire ...  I suspect this might be one of PK - Kabir's secrets that'll never come out. 

Don't get me started on the Mittals! Dhruv was totally wasted. I still saw a lot of potential in the original track only. What if Jhanvi fell in love with Dhruv, after all the patience he showed? Would she be able to kill PK the same way then? What if Kavya succeeded in bringing PK Kabir closer? Or would Kabir leave the Mittals for Kavya?

They just ruined everything overnight. In a perfect balance of flaws, tactics and ideals came the abla nari crap, the ideal son crap and total mess of everything. Yuck. Feeling so sorry for Shrenu right now :((

TeenRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

Agreed.

bold 👍🏼

xDownInFlamesx thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It's so sad🥺...idiots...They should have ended yrkkh....what's the need of the show Namah when people don't like it's casting? 🤢