Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Haha, I feel like I should definitely participate in this one. :D

Personally, I don’t connect with love at first sight. I’m sure it might have happened to some people and I’m not nearly qualified enough to have a strong opinion on whether it can happen or not. But there are enough movies out there to claim that its legit, so I have no reason to doubt it. I have never met anyone in real life who has experienced it though but other’s in this post have, so it points to love at first sight existing beyond movies/ TV shows. 

What I do have an opinion on is what sort of stories I identify with and enjoy- and love at first sight does not make that cut. Hell, at first sight you can’t enough judge whether someone is a serial killer or not 😂. On a more serious note though, I personally don’t think I can tell whether I’ll connect with a person just by a glance- whether they are kind to peope who serve them, whether they are dog people, whether they enjoy silly antics or take themselves too seriously etc. etc. I can certainly imagine attraction at first sight but I know for sure that I am not capable of actually falling for someone without knowing them in and out. 

Again, would like to put the disclaimer that this is all my PERSONAL opinion and I’m not claiming that no one can fall in love at first sight. Just that I can’t, I haven’t met anyone who has, and I don’t enjoy content that depicts it.

Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heisenberg23

Personally, I don’t connect with love at first sight. I’m sure it might have happened to some people and I’m not nearly qualified enough to have a strong opinion on whether it can happen or not. But there are enough movies out there to claim that its legit, so I have no reason to doubt it. I have never met anyone in real life who has experienced it though but other’s in this post have, so it points to love at first sight existing beyond movies/ TV shows. 

What I do have an opinion on is what sort of stories I identify with and enjoy- and love at first sight does not make that cut. Hell, at first sight you can’t enough judge whether someone is a serial killer or not 😂. On a more serious note though, I personally don’t think I can tell whether I’ll connect with a person just by a glance- whether they are kind to peope who serve them, whether they are dog people, whether they enjoy silly antics or take themselves too seriously etc. etc. I can certainly imagine attraction at first sight but I know for sure that I am not capable of actually falling for someone without knowing them in and out. 

Again, would like to put the disclaimer that this is all my PERSONAL opinion and I’m not claiming that no one can fall in love at first sight. Just that I can’t, I haven’t met anyone who has, and I don’t enjoy content that depicts it.

And I’d like to clearly state my bias as well.  I am in an amazing relationship that started as friendship where we spent a great deal of time together- we tried out different cuisines, binged watched several TV shows, read so many books, debated on silly things, discussed serious issues, went to a dog show 😁- literally everything under the sun. He is easily the sweetest, kindest, most respectful and accomodating person that I know, who tolerates all my meaningless tantrums with a smile and makes my worst mood turn into happiness. So my perception of love is very tainted by my personal experience and hence I enjoy content that depicts the same. 

Let me know if you don’t want personal anecdotes on here though and I’ll edit my comment. 

NazneenA thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Hey! 

Ofcourse! You ought to have your opinion. 

I am glad you participated.  If you think you can't connect with it, it's totally fine.

Like you said, if you don't connect with it, you are not ruling it out either. I mean, it can happen with other people. 

I say this bcz, I am very strong with Intuition & vibes. I believe in it. I don't get the vibe, I don't even approach or respond. Again, totally my perspective. 

For example, if I don't like or connect with political stories, doesn't mean, those do not exist or people can't connect with such stories. It really depends on one's experience & encounter I guess. 

But, I do believe, that it might be love at first sight or an interest, but, it will only grow stronger after you approach or put an effort in it. Also, I certainly don't deny that, that love can perish, too, after you get into the relationship. It really depends on different experiences, circumstances... 

NazneenA thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

And I’d like to clearly state my bias as well.  I am in an amazing relationship that started as friendship where we spent a great deal of time together- we tried out different cuisines, binged watched several TV shows, read so many books, debated on silly things, discussed serious issues, went to a dog show 😁- literally everything under the sun. He is easily the sweetest, kindest, most respectful and accomodating person that I know, who tolerates all my meaningless tantrums with a smile and makes my worst mood turn into happiness. So my perception of love is very tainted by my personal experience and hence I enjoy content that depicts the same. 

Let me know if you don’t want personal anecdotes on here though and I’ll edit my comment. 

Ohh please! Don't be silly. I don't mind reading about your personal experience. There's no need of editing your comment. Infact, it's good to know about different people & their life experience. 

Personally, I have never ever fallen in love with anyone( Not even strong crush) 

I can't approach or respond unless I get a positive vibe...