Similar concept

mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Just out of boredom, I was scrolling through some Pakistani dramas and came across this show named Mera Raqeeb. The story is kind of similar to Bepannaah. Two people whose spouses are found dead and it’s revealed they were having an affair except I don’t think that show had the murder mystery factor attached to it unlike BP. 

I already mentioned this on the forum but there is also a Hollywood film called random hearts which also has the spouses had affair and are found dead plot too. 

There is even a Korean movie titled Pink Snow which closely resembles the concept too except in this one, both spouses are injured not dead. 

Edited by Cherryfairy - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leenaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Oh yes. Before BP aired, I heard its the same as that Hollywood film. Looks like it got inspired by all😆

mystique_4008 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Leenaaa

Oh yes. Before BP aired, I heard its the same as that Hollywood film. Looks like it got inspired by all😆

The concept itself is similar but in the film the leads had premarital sex and were only shown to be dating at the end of the movie. BP being a desi show obviously had to be customised for the Indian viewers. I’m not sure if Ani sir was inspired by that film, it could be just a coincidence 😂

tereliyex thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

That’s cool! 

Indian audience really was not ready for BP and BP was meant for foreign audience. 

I’m sure if it wasn’t an ITV show, AdiYa would’ve had a premarital relationship and the show would’ve ended differently. I wish the show had a season format.

Season 1 would’ve ended with AdiYa confession

Season 2 could’ve been marriage 

Season 3 would’ve ended the murder mystery 

mystique_4008 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ishana-

That’s cool! 

Indian audience really was not ready for BP and BP was meant for foreign audience. 

I’m sure if it wasn’t an ITV show, AdiYa would’ve had a premarital relationship and the show would’ve ended differently. I wish the show had a season format.

Season 1 would’ve ended with AdiYa confession

Season 2 could’ve been marriage 

Season 3 would’ve ended the murder mystery 

Ishana I have doubts about the TRP system, have you noticed ever since TRAI new rules, only Ekta maata’s shows ratings haven’t decreased. Like how is that even possible? Honestly I feel people are being made to believe audience like watching all the regressive stuff that’s being made due to TRP manipulation and it has been proved by someone that the ratings do get tampered with 🌚 but I suppose yes Indian audience are not mature enough to accept different things. I think BP should have been a weekend show instead of a daily soap that way the show would have only had about 95-100 episodes and the plot would have moved quicker. 

tereliyex thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Cherryfairy

Ishana I have doubts about the TRP system, have you noticed ever since TRAI new rules, only Ekta maata’s shows ratings haven’t decreased. Like how is that even possible? Honestly I feel people are being made to believe audience like watching all the regressive stuff that’s being made due to TRP manipulation and it has been proved by someone that the ratings do get tampered with 🌚 but I suppose yes Indian audience are not mature enough to accept different things. I think BP should have been a weekend show instead of a daily soap that way the show would have only had about 95-100 episodes and the plot would have moved quicker. 

I haven’t been in tune with ITV after BP so no clue about the ratings. Though yes, I agree Ekta’s shows have always held a monopoly over the entirety of ITV. Also I think the younger generation in India is moving toward webseries and Netflix as opposed to ITV dramas now. BP would’ve done well as a webseries or a Netflix show. The murder mystery and JenShad’s chemistry had a lot more potential with a younger audience. I agree even weekend showing would’ve been better. Also I think the CVs got a bit over ambitious when the show began, they started introducing too many things at once (Yash’s financial strain, Pooja and Papa Hooda’s secret, Rajveer, Pooja’s pregnancy, ArNoor, Yash’s friend that knew some secret etc etc). Less time was given to AdiYa in the craze of all this. People came to this show for JenShad mostly and we were given everything else but adequate romance.