Thoughts Shikhar Shergill

SweetNiki1800 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

THOUGHTS ON SHIKHAR

There was a segment in today's episode where PS claims that Shikhar "tu oh mera apna hai and this got me thinking PS must have known Shikhar from beginning, because in first episode she was shown lurking near Shergill's after which she ensnared Ash and her husband (I don't remember his name)

Can you imagine how she must have manipulated young Shikhar, preyed on his insecurity regarding Rakshit (it doesn't help that Rakshit just dismisses Shikhar every time) and his jealousy (Not a bad thing, actually a good character flaw if handled well.) PS must have promised him power or something when she gets Kaal Ratna.

In a time when young children played with other children, he must be forced in company of PS (She is shown to be really scary, almost every character that sees her red eye, has this urge to flee and feel the greatest despair. Look at Lavanya, That Bag wali Lady and Even Ash in beginning...)

He isn't necessarily a bad guy, just a regular who was manipulated from the beginning, his own parents don't even know (Not that they actually care, they care more about money and even see Shikhar as a potential avenger who will get all the money back from Rakshit's family)

I mean look at his face when D was crying, I don't if it was just me, but I felt it was better than all toxic tellywood male BS who just shoves his heroine around (Looking at you Rakshit๐Ÿ˜ณ). Also, I think Shikhar won't be able to kill D, not really they've been hinted to have childhood connection-romance. If you don't think so, just think about Shikhar thinking about little!D every time, he looked like an underdog in the flashback and probably went to boarding school where he might/might not be bullied and must be thinking about D all the time (I almost want to write an OS on them)

Now back to the main point, emotional manipulation is not a joking point, it's so hard to break out of it, because how do you even go against someone who pretended to be your friend/Family, who must have looked after you when your parents were busy, sure PS was scary with her red eye, but she understood didn't she? When nobody else would, when everybody would fawn over Rakshit.

PS totally used all her honeyed words, maybe sometimes even abused him (look at how she treats bichoo, her minion), not like actually beat him, but she must have blown him off wind or must have thrown him around him and then used some kind of leverage to lure him back, this is how emotion manipulation works, Maybe it started with blowing him off in wind and luring him with fake apologies and sweets and chocolates to promises of making Rakshit go away.

So all in all, I think Shikhar is a grey character, well as good a grey character can get in tellywood, his story is a bit more compelling if we think about it. But all we know him being turned dark was just for shock value and nothing to do with anything above and a show can totally turn into like Naagin.

Cookie for thoughts? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Your post is quite different and interesting. I was actually surprised with shikhar abd divya childhood scenes. So sweet both of them are ๐Ÿ˜Š
I am more interested in Shikhar Divya story, please write os on them it will be quite refreshing . I found Rakshit typical dominant male hero who taunts his ladylove ehich is quite common but here Shikhar story seems interesting because both Divya and Shikhar are in grey zone right now.
Edited by magicalM - 5 years ago
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
The writer's are oscillating between presenting him as good/grey/villain. 
It's an interesting mystery. 
The actor is doing justice to his role. I like how he talked about his 'mission'/agreement with P (a cold bloodied one) yet there was always a hint of sadness in his eyes when talking to Di and R.

All that history you've wrote was this mentioned  in today's episode? I fwdd the part where Sh goes to meet P.
Di going on about wanting R and not him is going to cause a huge backlash in him I feel.
SONAL30 thumbnail
I don't think shikhar is jealous of rakshit...he loves him n cares for him remember when pishachinj was about to harm rakshit with that roof cracking thing shikhar was pleading to her to not do anything...n he was clearly worried for Rakshit
I have a feeling either she knows him from childhood or he is pisachini's son...i got this feeling when she said tu apna h n when Rakshit was cursing his father that time too shekhar felt bad...it is just an assumption
Regarding D...i think deep down here cares for her n he is Divya's hero so i don't think he is going to be negative...i think he is just in influence of pishachini...
pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I personally feel at this point Shikhar is not negative. He is helping Pishachini for some unknown reason, but he also seemed like the one to not harm him family members - like he stopped Pishachini from making that roof fall on Rakshit. And he is hesitating to kill Divya. 

His expressions are also not evil when eh is discussing plans with Pishachini. So hopefully he will come around and on the good side in future.
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Yes i agree with u shikhar is an interesting character but i dont agree with u regarding rakshit as he is  not typical dominating guy 
I guess u missed both brothers share awesome bond now each other quite well both luv care eachother.

Shikhar is not jealous of rakshit coz if he was jealous then he would had not saved rakshit From pischani.

Shikhar is only d grey & layered character amoung d four lead which has depth in him , this depth make his character interesting

Karan is doing an awesom job ๐Ÿ‘

Somewhere i feel sorry 4 him that he got married 2 self absorbed , dominating girl who dont care 4 other , will definately make his life hell

Shikhar is surrounded by all wrong people in his life

Pischani

Moneyminded parents

Self absorbed wife

If makers want they can turn shikhar as a diamond in d story by keeping his character only grey

His bond will definately develop with drishti 

Hope makers dont spoil his character

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SONAL30

I don't think shikhar is jealous of rakshit...he loves him n cares for him remember when pishachinj was about to harm rakshit with that roof cracking thing shikhar was pleading to her to not do anything...n he was clearly worried for Rakshit

I have a feeling either she knows him from childhood or he is pisachini's son...i got this feeling when she said tu apna h n when Rakshit was cursing his father that time too shekhar felt bad...it is just an assumption
Regarding D...i think deep down here cares for her n he is Divya's hero so i don't think he is going to be negative...i think he is just in influence of pishachini...

Shikhar cant be pischani's kid coz when pischani entered shergill house that time shikhar was toddler.
kaku17 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

Yes i agree with u shikhar is an interesting character but i dont agree with u regarding rakshit as he is  not typical dominating guy 

I guess u missed both brothers share awesome bond now each other quite well both luv care eachother.

Shikhar is not jealous of rakshit coz if he was jealous then he would had not saved rakshit From pischani.

Shikhar is only d grey & layered character amoung d four lead which has depth in him , this depth make his character interesting

Karan is doing an awesom job  ๐Ÿ‘

Somewhere i feel sorry 4 him that he got married 2 self absorbed , dominating girl who dont care 4 other , will definately make his life hell

Shikhar is surrounded by all wrong people in his life

Pischani

Moneyminded parents

Self absorbed wife

If makers want they can turn shikhar as a diamond in d story by keeping his character only grey

His bond will definately develop with drishti 

Hope makers dont spoil his character

Bold: Deepika,  Div will come around. Give her some time. See when Shikhar gave her that charm which they exchanged when they were kids,  she did calm down. In the morning also she wasn't rude with Shi. That charm and the memory with it was important to her and she treasured it and their story will build up from there. I just want her Raks fever too come down. Bas.  

at the moment Shikhar is grey leaning towards positive. He will develop a close bond with Dri as well.

But I've been thinking about his parentage. Is he really Ash's son?  What if he got exchanged with ash's son.  See guruji clearly said "his vanshaj or uttaradhikari". The statement is pretty confusing.  As far as I know lineage or vanshaj in our country is always paternal. In that scenario how come Raks will be guruji ka vanshaj as he's his daughter's son.  Maybe guruji had a son which no-one knew and Shi is his son and was exchange during birth with ash's son to fool P. Or maybe Shi is the successor. But whatever it is,  i don't think both will be Rakshit. 

My mind is on overdrive. Such conspiracy theories huh. 

Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: kaku17

Bold: Deepika,  Div will come around. Give her some time. See when Shikhar gave her that charm which they exchanged when they were kids,  she did calm down. In the morning also she wasn't rude with Shi. That charm and the memory with it was important to her and she treasured it and their story will build up from there. I just want her Raks fever too come down. Bas.  

at the moment Shikhar is grey leaning towards positive. He will develop a close bond with Dri as well.

But I've been thinking about his parentage. Is he really Ash's son?  What if he got exchanged with ash's son.  See guruji clearly said "his vanshaj or uttaradhikari". The statement is pretty confusing.  As far as I know lineage or vanshaj in our country is always paternal. In that scenario how come Raks will be guruji ka vanshaj as he's his daughter's son.  Maybe guruji had a son which no-one knew and Shi is his son and was exchange during birth with ash's son to fool P. Or maybe Shi is the successor. But whatever it is,  i don't think both will be Rakshit. 

My mind is on overdrive. Such conspiracy theories huh. 

@bold: Excellent reminder๐Ÿ‘ 
I wonder if the cv's have thought of that too๐Ÿ˜†.

Going by the montage and the clear presentation of DriKshit as main leads -  let's see in supernatural land what they stir up!๐Ÿ˜› 
pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sofna

@bold: Excellent reminder๐Ÿ‘ 
I wonder if the cv's have thought of that too๐Ÿ˜†.

Going by the montage and the clear presentation of DriKshit as main leads -  let's see in supernatural land what they stir up!๐Ÿ˜› 

Arre remember Voldemort! He too was considered Slytherin vanshaj - proof by him being able to command the Basilisk, but it was his maternal lineage! 

So going by that logic, Rakshit too is Guruji's vanshaj ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by pritirays - 5 years ago