Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aanvi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
res res res!!
This chappy was so beautiful re... 

I'm loving the fact that you're going parallel here. Not everyone can pull that off, and you're doing it with utter excellence!

Avilasha has a beautiful mind, and you've weaved the major problems of our country so skillfully. But I want to know about the dimention of relationship between Rayan and Avilasha. It's cleared to day that Avilasha wasn't attracted to him romantically. I want to know what Rayan feels about all this... I hope your next chapters will sate my curiosity Putra...😳 I hope you haven't fogotten your mata...😆

One question... who was simriddhi again?Or it's a new character... Ek character chart de de... nhi to teri yeh buddhi maa hamesha bhool jaati hai...😆
Edited by aanvi98 - 5 years ago
Awaay thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
mrym_rauf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow! what an interesting piece of writing, loved reading it n would love to read more of it! update soon!
MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Chapter three: Loving you was easy, the aftermath, not so much..

2nd August 2018

He shuddered at the contact of cold water with his bare back. Dripping wet under the shower, Rayan heavily sighed, his heart heavier than that. 

Ignoring the endless calls and messages that popped on his mobile screen, he tied a towel around his waist. Rayan's eyes fell on the little sparrow struggling in the corner of his room. He shook his head at the stubbornness of that bird. The sparrow had entered his room somehow last night. Rayan had opened up a window for him to escape however the sparrow was still struggling inside the four walls of his bedroom rather than simply flying out. 

Rayan couldn't help but find similarity between his and that little bird's situation, both were struggling hard when they could simply choose an easy way out. But maybe they did want to get engrossed in themselves and their struggles because they were scared that they wouldn't be able to take the flight if they did try. Rather than facing the reality, they were happy in the four walls of their fear.

Rayan shook his head once again trying to change the direction of the train of his thoughts. He was no philosopher, he should stop mending his broken heart in these ways. 

"Stupid little bird!" He commented as he walked out to open the door of his apartment. Some lunatic was constantly ringing the bell.

"You're alive! Hallelujah Rayan is alive!" Mohit greeted and frowned at Rayan's appearance. 

"No Rayan is dead. This is his ghost." Rayan bluntly replied as he let Mohit in. 

"Dude, the least you could do was wear something appropriate before opening the door!" Mohit complained at Rayan's half naked form. 

"Get lost. Go and die!" 

"Ooh someone didn't wake on the right side of bed. Why is your mood so sour? Didn't Rochelle gave you last night" Mohit sank in the couch ignoring Rayan's pointed look. 

"There is nothing between her and I or anyone else as a matter of fact." 

"So Shaitan has become the saint." Mohit laughed out before quickly shutting up. 

"Why are you here?" 

"You didn't pick up my calls and you had a flight in the morning. You know how plane crashes are frequent nowadays." 

"I am not a two year old, you don't need to keep checking on me. And I was the one who flew the plane. I do not take any risks when it comes to flying."

"I know that but can't I be worried for you? Anyways the main reason I was here is because your brother had called me this morning. I didn't tell him where you were but I think he will figure it out soon." 

"That man! He never gives up!" Rayan sighed out. Sometimes he wanted to smack his twin real hard. 

"What does he want now? He married your financee and now has taken over your share of company and properties too. He sounds like an evil twin who wanted everything you had." 

"You should stop watching all those Vampire dramas and series. Have you heard yourself, you sound like a freak. Evil twin etc etc!" Rayan replied, gritting his teeth angrily. 

"But isn't he one? Whatever your reason of leaving the marriage, why did he marry your financee? And now he has claimed all your shares as his. He stabbed you in your back. All while he took over the business and showed as if he did a big sacrifice while he sent you away to study. He played his cards right. He got both, girl and money." Mohit continued. 

"Just shut your mouth. If you are here to bad mouth my brother then get out, I am not interested."

"He betrayed you. Isn't that the truth?" It hurt listening to Mohit taunting his brother. After his mother, Rehan was everything Rayan had and it really hurt when someone insulted him. But the sad part was he couldn't even defend his brother cause despite the fact that Mohit words were painful, it held truth. 

"Brothers betray brothers everyday." 

"So, are you saying that you don't care for the fact that he married your finance and took all your property?" 

"No. I don't care about any of those things. I cared about one thing and now thats not possible." Rayan said out staring at the blank wall, having nothing inside him in particular. 

"You idiot!" Shahida shouted at the man before her. Below her heavily coated anger tone lay a tinge of worry. 

Rehan raised his eye brow at her sudden outburst. "Yes ma'am?" 

Shahida eyed him, her eyes red in anger as she calmed her breath. "I thought you were in an accident. I thought you were injured!" 

"The accident I had was that I fell down the stairs and broke my nose." Rehan replied pointing his finger towards the nurse who was treating his nose. 

"You just broke your nose?" Shahida asked in a rather disappointed voice. 

"You seem disappointed. You want me to break something more? A leg? Two hands? Couple of bones?" Rehan asked as Shahida rolled her eyes at his sarcasm. 

Turning towards Mia, who called her, Shahida asked, "Seriously? This man? He is perfectly fine! Healthy enough to joke around. Why did you call me for such a small thing?" 

"Last time Rehan sneezed for a couple times and had a common cold and you were angry with me on why I didn't inform you!" Mia reasoned. 

"I...I. I am sorry." Shahida said guilty for the deep feelings she still harboured for him. 

"You were worried about me!" Rehan announced once the nurse and Mia left the room. 

Shahida wanted to wipe that smirk off his face, she would have slapped it away but she dropped the idea looking at his red bandaged nose. 

"You were bound to fall down. You're head is always in the clouds! You can not even watch your steps. You are so careless at times!" Rehan smiled as Shahida kept ranting away. 

"Stop smiling like an idiot!" Shahida snapped at Rehan's wide smile.

"You look cute when you get angry, your nose gets red and your eyes look teary." Rehan admitted as a blush crept through Shahida's face. 

He pulled her towards him and she let him. Hugging her waist, Rehan took in her scent. Shahida ran her hands through his hair. 

"I was so scared." Shahida confessed in a soft voice. "For a moment I thought I would lose you. That was not a nice thought." 

"I know. I have such ridiculous thoughts running in my mind every moment, every day." Rehan replied back. He looked up at her face before pulling her onto his lap. 

"Rehan!" Shahida shrieked as her arms wrapped around his neck. 

"And there goes my ear drum." Rehan complained shaking his head as Shahida laughed.

"Thats the most beautiful sound one could hear." Rehan complimented. 

"I thought someone had lost his ear drums and could not listen. You're nose is not working already. You are total useless." Shahida said in a serious voice. 

"Total useless huh?" Rehan asked in as surprised voice and Shahida tried to control the giggles that were threatening to spill. 

Rehan started tickling her in retort. Soon the room filled with her giggles. 

"You are a bad boy!" Shahida said as she calmed her breath. She pulled his ears slightly.

"Agreed."

"You are also an idiot." Shahida continued as Rehan nodded his head. 

"Agreed."

"I don't like you at all." 

"Disagreed!" Shahida laughed finding him cute as he continuously shook his head. 

"You really like me. In fact you love me and a lot." Rehan sheepishly smiled. 

"Agreed." Shahida pecked on his lips lightly. But as she was about to pull back, he pulled in for a deep kiss. 

Rayan gulped the glass down as the liquid burned his throat. 

"My god, you're drinking neat whisky as if they are shots." Mohit said amazed at Rayan's capacity to drink.

"Why do you follow me around like a lost puppy?" Asked an irritated Rayan. He was fed of Mohit following him around 24*7. This was one clingy man. 

The only person he could spend so much time with was his brother. Rayan sensed a bitter taste at the thought of his brother. He swallowed the lump down his throat with another glass of drink. 

The bar tender eyed him wearily as he prepared the next glass. 

"I don't follow you around 24*7!" Mohit denied. "I do follow you around clubs cause you are a babe magnet." 

Rayan cringed at the name. "A what?" 

"A babe magnet. You attract girls and you can land one easily. Thus I want you to become a wingman for me. Find a nice one for me and yourself too." 

"I can be your wingwoman! I will help you find a good girl." 

A voice played in his head. Rayan paused at the sound. It was like he was playing an old tape. 

"I don't want one and neither am I finding one for you." Rayan cleared. He didn't want a girl, he didn't want anyone except for... except for her. 

Rayan could see her picture as he closed his eyes. Her big eyes shining with excitement, her infectious smile, her small button nose. Her sweet voice constantly bickering and those never ending conversations. He missed it all. He dearly missed her. 

"Oh god Avilasha these laddoos taste so good." Rayan commented as he ate a third one. "Why don't you try one?" He suggested. 

Avilasha rolled her eyes and raised her henna covered hands in front of his eyes. 

"Sorry I forgot about the mehendi completely. Wait I will feed you." 

Avilasha opened her mouth as Rayan fed her. "Slowly, its all yours. You don't need to open your mouth so wide." 

Rayan laughed out as Avilasha elbowed him in his rib. Her eyes widened when he suddenly held her hand, feeling uncomfortable at the close contact.

"Where is my name?" Rayan asked as he searched her henna. 

"I did not write your name." Avilasha confessed.

"Why?" Rayan's disappointed tone surprised her. 

"Cause I don't like your name. If we change one letter from your name then it spells out 'Ravan'." Avilasha teased him as he narrowed his eyes. 

"You know what? I don't care. As long as I am the one you take pheras with and not Ravan!" Rayan teased her back but Avilasha's smile flattered at the mention of their marriage. 

In the excitement and happiness of their marriage Rayan never noticed how hollow Avilasha's smiles were, how fake her laugh was and how she pretended to be happy. But now as he thought back of those times, Rayan noticed how it was just him who was in the moment. She was never with him. He was so blind on his happiness that he never felt her emotions. He was there just waiting for the moment to make her his, to claim his childhood love while she was there trying to run away from him at the first chance she got.  

"She really ruined you. She tore you apart completely." Mohit's voice broke the Rayan's thoughts.

"You were such a happy person and look what happened? God knows how she sleeps soundly at night snatching all your dreams away! And how your brother lives happily with her while your life is a hell."

Rayan laughed out loud. A cold humourless laugh. "They are not happy. They never will be. He wouldn't understand her and she" Rayan gritted his teeth before continuing,"and she will never make a good wife to him. Or any person as a matter of fact!" 

His tone was filled with hate but only the ones who truly understood him could find the underlying pain in his statement. The pain of a broken heart, the pain of unaquainted love. 

Little do you know
I am hurting while you fall asleep
Little do you know 
All my mistakes are slowly drowning me
Little do you know
I'm trying to make it better piece by piece
Little do you know
I, I love you 'til the sun dies

Word count : 2033 words 
Total words : 10,033 words 

Chapter three- Loving you was easy, the aftermath, not so much... 

4th August 2018

Avilasha held the card tightly. It had been two days since she had last met Jasleen and her words were playing in her mind.

Now as she walked towards her boutique, she was still trying figure out whether it was a good idea. 

Avilasha could feel the AC hitting her face as she entered the shop. She looked around to find dresses and sarees. The designs looked new and quite interesting. Not finding Jasleen around, Avilasha decided to go through the clothes and just get out from there as soon as possible. 

Just as she was looking through, Jasleen entered the shop and started instructing the sales girls. As her eyes locked with Avilasha's, her lips broke into a smile. 

"I didn't think you would come." Jasleen greeted Avilasha as the latter gave a small smile. 

"Neither did I. But isn't life expecting the unexpected." Avilasha commented. 

"Deep." Jasleen said keeping a hand on her chest making Avilasha laugh. "So how can I help you? Or more precisely how do you want me to help you." 

"I was just looking around. I like your designs." 

"I am flattered but I was not talking about shopping but the reason why you are here. I know you are here for help. So how can i help you?" 

"I am not sure.." Avilasha trailed off. 

"How about a cup of coffee?" Jasleen read her hesitation.

"I was twelve." Jasleen said as they sat down for a cup coffee. 

Avilasha raised her eye brows probing her to continue.

"I was twelve when I first realised that I was attracted to girls. We used to live in Pune, we were close to the family who lived near us. They had two children, Yug and Jigisa. I used to play with them all the time. One day Yug kissed me in the cheeks and told me he liked me. He said he would marry me one day and we would live happily ever after. But I was not happy with the idea. In fact the idea suffocated me. I remember crying all night and Jigisa stayed up cheering me up. At that moment I realised I wouldn't mind spending my life with her. Thats when I first found out, I just didn't understand it then." She shared. 

Avilasha nodded her head. "When did you..."Avilasha tried to find the right words. "When did you accept yourself as.."

"As I was? It was after my parents divorce. I shifted to Cananda with my mother. One day she saw me close to another girl. It took some days for my mother for the information to sink in and when it did she came to me and hugged me. She told me she was happy as long as I was. She told me it didn't matter if I liked a girl or a boy but, I should love the right person. She spent 15 years with my father and they were in a unhappy marriage all along. The day she accepted me was the day I truly accepted myself as I was." Jasleen told her. 

Avilasha played with her spoon as her thoughts moved towards her parents. Would they ever accept her? No they never would. 

"My parents... they would never accept me. They would never accept the idea of a girl loving another girl."

"Whats more important? Your happiness or your parents acceptance?" Jasleen questioned.

"My happiness lies in my parents acceptance." 

"Thats where you have gone wrong. Aren't you married as per parents wish? Haven't they accepted you and your husband. So are you happy now?" Jasleen asked to which Avilasha just dropped her head. 

Was she happy? 

"Sometimes we can't be happy just cause someone else is happy. Sometimes it is good to be selfish for your happiness." Jasleen explained and continued on, "how can you expect someone to accept you when you yourself wouldn't accept yourself? When you are unhappy with yourself can you expect to make others happy?"

"Think about it Avilasha." 

Avilasha looked at the rain pouring down the windows as she thought about Jasleen's words. 

Was it fine to act selfish at times just for her happiness? 

As the wind blew through Avilasha raised her hands to open up her tied hair. 

Don't leave your hair untied, it looks ugly. Keep it tied all the time. 

She hesitated remembering her mother's words. 

A smile graced Avilasha's face as she let her hair open. It was small act for anyone else but for Avilasha it was a step. She was not just unting her hair but was setting herself free from the chains of her parents demands and expectations. 
It was the first step towards herself, the first step of rebellion. 

Simriddhi stared at the man before her. He wasn't the same guy she came to meet. This one was thinner, he had lost his carefree look and it seemed as if it had been days since he had rested well. 

"What has happened to you Rayan? You look like shit!" Rayan flinched a little at her blunt comment. 

"Don't beat around the bush Simmi! Tell me why are you here?" He asked ignoring her statement. 

"I am here to smack some sense to your head and drag your pretty arse back home." She replied as she shook her head. She was so angry with him. But looking at his diseveled state all she wanted to do was hug him tight. 

"None of those is happening." Rayan made it clear before asking, "Rehan sent you here, didn't he?"

"No. He doesn't know that I know where you are. I promised you I wouldn't tell him and now its killing me. I can not lie to Rehan anymore, he doesn't deserves this." 

"If you have come here as Rehan's advocate then please go back." Rayan complained. "Everyone is in his side. Rehan is the good person, I am the evil one."

"I never said that!" Simiriddhi defended herself. "I just want you two to clear this misunderstanding. And thats not going to happen if you keep running away!" 

"Whats more to clear? He took my financee and my share of property away." 

"He married your finance whom you left in the alter to suffer the consequences and he got back your properties and shares which you idiot kept as montage to Avilasha's parents without even realising." Simriddhi cleared it. "You were so happy living your dream that you ignored the bloody contract Avilasha's parents made you sign!" 

"I don't care about the contract." 

"Why would you when its Rehan who is suffering the consequences!" Simridhhi snapped. 

"What is he suffering. He has rich wonderful life with his wife!" Rayan said, "oh look it rhymes too!" 

"Why did you leave on the wedding day?" Simriddi asked ignoring his stupid jokes. 

The question was eating her alive. Why did Rayan leave Avilasha on their wedding day? He loved her a lot and Simriddhi knew that. He had always loved her. While growing up Simriddhi had crush on Rayan but he was too engrossed in Avilasha to notice it. Little Rayan's world revolved around Avilasha. Avilasha this, Avilasha that. When Avilasha started giving more attention Rehan, he started annoying her, teasing her anything he could to drive her attention towards him. When Avilasha started becoming oblivious towards his feelings, he started dating different girls to make her jealous. It didn't work thou. Finally when their parents suggested their marriage as a part of their buisiness collaboration, he had been overjoyed. No one was as happy as Rayan on their wedding but at the final moment, he left her and Rehan had to marry her instead. 

"One of us was not happy with the wedding." Rayan reasoned. 

"But you wanted that from a long time! Why weren't you happy?"

"I never said it was me." Rayan gave a small smile. "She didn't want to marry me." 

"You called me?" Rayan asked out to Avilasha who was sitting in the grass staring at the sky. She didn't look back at him, just patted the space near her asking him to sit. 

"So whats up Avu? Can't wait for even a day?" Rayan teased her before realising she was not in a good mood. 

"What happened Avu? Is everything fine? Did you mother say something again?" Rayan shot questions worried at her state. It was a day before their marriage, she shouldn't be out here worrying. 

Avilasha just shook her head in a no to his questions and started talking in a small voice. 

"I need to tell you something Rayan. I probably should have said this earlier but I just couldn't bring myself to." 

Rayan didn't interrupt just listened carefully, 

"I don't think I can marry you." Avilasha spit out with a lot of effort. "No please let me continue. Its not just you, I don't want to marry anyone. Not any man alive." 

She faced towards him, his face full of confusion, "Rayan, what I am sharing with you is not just a piece of a secret but a piece of my identity. " 

"Rayan... Rayan I.. I like girls not guys." 

Rayan laughed out at her confession but as he saw her horrified expression he realised she was not joking. 

"This is not right Rayan. This wedding is not right. I don't think I can do this. Please Rayan.." 

Rayan got up suddenly trying to process what he heard. 

He walked around back and fourth and Avilasha just stared him. 

"Why?" He asked softly. Avilasha couldn't reply as he kept asking why. 

"Why? W-H-Y?" He shouted out his voice erupting. 

Avilasha shook her head, tears falling down like a cascade of rain. 
He left her there, to herself and the bitter truth that was eating her up. 

"I tried to process it all night and the first thing I did in the morning was run away like a coward. I thought that would solve the problem." Rayan shared the truth. 

"But it didn't." 

"Yes cause my stupid brother had to do what he always does. Clean my mess." 

"Lets go." Rayan said before getting up. 

"Where?" 

"To make amends. Its high time I did something right. Enough of hide seek." 

Rehan's eyes followed the couple as they walked happily unknown of the fact that his eyes were following them around. 

Shahida laughed as Farhan cracked a joke. She softly hit him in his arms and he just side hugged in her in response. 

Rehan's blood boiled at the sight. Next thing he knew was the man was placing a kiss on her head as Shahida tried to get away from his grip. 

All Rehan saw was red. Blinded by anger, he saw red figures in front him and then he saw red blood in his hands as he started punching the life out of the man who dared to touch his love. 

Shahida shrieked when someone suddenly pulled her away from Ifran and beat him to death. She quickly recovered herself and pulled Rehan away from Farhan as the latter lay on the ground with a bloodied face.

"Stop it Rehan! Stop!" Rehan stopped fidgeting in her arms and looked down her. He cupped her face slowly, just then Shahida's eyes fell on his hurt knuckles. 

"What the hell were you doing Rehan?" She pulled away from his grip. 

"Why did he touch you?" 

"Why do you care? You have nothing to do here! Stop interfering in my life. We are not together anymore Rehan! I am not answerable to your questions." 

Rehan tried to stop her as she ignored him and took injured Farhan away never hearing him. 

Please have mercy on me
Take it easy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart

Word count : 1967
Total words : 12000 

Edited by MsChanadlerBong - 5 years ago
Awaay thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for PM Sam.
Loved it. U have a beautiful way to write your thoughts and express urself :)
Now I understood why Rayan left her on marraige day. Coz she told him that she likes women and not men.
Poor Rehaan, in order to clean up the mess, married Avilasha.

But he loves Shahida a lot. The part where he beat Farhan because he dared to touch his girl, made me shudder. 
mrym_rauf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing update! really loved reading Rayan's story, eagerly waiting for next update!
 Authors note : So yeah these are the parts of last chapter of the book. *proud feels for finishing the book.  ðŸ˜†
I am just going to go ahead and state the obvious, this book deals with LGBTQI (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer and Intersex) issues. (I would highly judge you if you didn't realise it till now. ðŸ˜†) Jokes apart, I wanted to write something about the life and struggles people of LGBTQI community face and this is it. Before ending this I wanted to clear it out that Shahida is not a transgender she is an intersex. There is a difference between them. 
Know about here
She suffers from Swyer Syndrome. (know about it here ) 
If you have any query regarding that then feel free to ask me. ðŸ˜Š
I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing this piece. ðŸ˜³ Rest will disclosed in the epilogue. 
#LetLoveBe 

Chapter four : Acceptance and Amendments 

17th August 2018

Rehan tumbled across the suitcase while running carelessly towards the terminal. He could hear people complaining behind him but he couldn't care less. Right now he needed to find her anyhow. 

She couldn't leave him like this. 

Rehan sighed a breath of relief as he spotted the person his eyes wished to see all this time. 

"Shahida!" Shahida turned around at the familiar voice, her heart pumping hard as she saw Rehan hurrying towards her. 

He came!

Just as Rehan was about to reach out to her, someone blocked their view. Rehan looked up to find the same guy he had beat black and blue and frowned at him. 

"Don't you dare come near her." The guy ordered and Rehan wanted to punch his bandaged face once again. "Don't give me that look, I have started going to the gym so now you can't overpower me anymore." 

Rehan gave a look which said he was least bothered with this talking cartoon. But before he could reply, Shahida interrupted them. 

"Can you please leave us alone for a minute Farhan?" Shahida asked him politely and despite not being convinced by her, Farhan moved away to give them space. 

Rehan narrowed his eyes at Farhan as he disappeared into the crowd. He was out of the hearing range but not out of their sight. If god forgave one sin then Rehan would definitely kill Farhan. 

"What is it?" Shahida asked, trying to sound uninterested. 

"Why are you leaving? Where are you going?" Rehan quickly shot his questions. 

"I have gotten a job out of the country." Shahida replied keeping the details to minimum. 

"How can you leave me Shahida?" Rehan asked, his tone of desperation. 

"Like you left me Rehan." Shahida bluntly replied. 

"I never left you! You know what happened. Shahida please don't go. Please." Rehan came closer to her and cupped her face. Shahida closed her eyes at the contact. 

"I promise I will make everything right. I promise it. Please chanda please don't go." Rehan begged her while kissing all over her face. "I will do anything you say. Please don't go." 

"Marry me then." Shahida answered. "Right now. Make me yours." 

"Its not possible. I am still married, Shahida. But I promise I will get out of this mess. I promise i.."

"Enough of your false promises Rehan! I am tired of you and your promises. I can not do this anymore Rehan. Please leave me." Shahida tried to control her tears yet failed as they fell out of her eyes like she had broken a damp. 

"I can't. For once I can stop breathing but I cannot leave you." Rehan tried to convince her. 

"Please don't make it more harder than it already is." Shahida said as she turned away from him. As on clue Rehan hugged her from behind. He kept whispering her not go in her ears. Shahida tried to ignore how his hot breath made her body shiver or how his soft kisses made her knees go weak. She slowly pulled away from his grip and cupped his face. She placed a single kiss on his forehead. 

"I can not do this anymore Rehan. I need some time. Maybe some other day. Please let me go for now." Shahida requested him. 
She slowly traced his lips silencing him with her fingers. She traced his face trying memorise it. Placing soft kisses on both his cheeks she gripped the collar of his shirt. She closed the top button of his shirt that he always left open. "Can we figure ourselves out please? Can I get some time to process everything. Will you let me go, please? For me. For us." 

"Only if you promise me you wouldn't marry that clown" Rehan said pointing towards Farhan who's eyes were still on them. "Or any other clown as a matter of fact." 

Shahida chuckled softly and nodded her head. Rehan pulled her in for hug and he took her lips hungrily. He kissed for the time they were going to be apart, she kissed him back with the same intensity. Shahida could feel eyes on them but right now she didn't care for anything except for the man who held her like she was the most precious possession he had. Like she would disappear in the next moment itself. 

With a heavy heart she pulled away and walked away from him, leaving a big piece of herself back. While Rehan slumped on the floor looking at his life moving away from him. 

"So this is where you live? Its beautiful." Jasleen complimented as she entered Avilasha's house with her. 

Avilasha smiled at her as she led her into the living room. Technically it was Rehan and Rayan's house but it felt more like a home to her than her own parent's house. 

"And is your husband home?" Jasleen asked already guessing her answer. 

"No I don't think so." Avilasha replied.

"You know if I didn't know you better, I would come to conclusion that your husband is imaginary. He never seems to be around." Jasleen joked but her words hurt. Avilasha knew Rehan was running away from her. It had been ages since she last saw him properly, had a nice conversation with him. 

Avilasha sat on the couch next to Jasleen and initiated a conversation. Soon they were both close enough to hear each other's heartbeat. Jasleen leaned in to Avilasha's face but before she could kiss her a loud sound interrupted them. 

They looked up to find a shocked Rehan with his mouth open staring back at them. 

"You?" He said after sometime. "And you? How? When? HOW?" 

But before any of them could answer he continued on, 
"Oh god I'm so tired!" Rehan sank onto the couch nearby trying to swallow the long day and the events. 

"Are you fine?" Rehan nodded his head to Shahida's question as he gulped down the water. 

After taking a deep breath he finally said, "Go on please." 

"I am sorry you had to find out like this. I wanted to tell you since a very long time but you were never around." Avilasha started. 

"When did you.. did you.." 

"Realised the truth?" Avilasha completed it for him."Its been four years." 

"Four years?" Rehan almost shouted in surprise. "Why didn't you ever tell me?" 

"When I first realised I couldn't believe it. I thought I could change but I realised that it was not a habit that I could change, it was a part of who I was, a part of my identity. But with time I realised no one would accept me like this especially my parents thus I decided I would keep this all in, I would conceive this secret and take it with me to my pyre. But I couldn't keep it in for long." 

Rehan listened to her quitely. 

"I am sorry. I should have told you earlier. We are all in this mess because of me, if only I could confess my truth earlier." Tears started flowing out of her eyes. 

"Ssh..ssh."Rehan slowly hugged her trying to calm her down. "Its alright Avu. Its not your fault, it never was." 

"It is! Its my fault that Rayan has ran away, its my fault that we are in this marriage, its my fault that you and Shahida aren't together anymore. You don't deserve this Rehan!" 

"We don't deserve this Avu!" Rehan corrected her. "Its not your fault, its just that the situation and circumstances turned out how they were not supposed to. Our marriage is your parent's fault and regarding me and Shahida, its complicated. And we all know how big of an idiot Rayan is!" 

Avilasha laughed out and Rehan joined her soon. It had been long since they had spent time together. 

"I missed you." Avilsha admitted and Rehan smiled at her.

"I missed you too." 

"Can I have you back in my life?" Avilasha asked.

"I am always there with you. I am stuck to you like glue." Rehan teased and Avilasha laughed along. 

"I am sorry with what happened between you and Shahida."

"Don't be. Its not the end. We will figure something out probably. I wouldn't give up and wouldn't let her give up on me too" Rehan said in a determined voice and Shahida truly believed him. Still a silent prayer left her, wishing him to have all the happiness he deserved. 

'Cause I'm not givin' up
No, not yet
Even when I'm down to my last breath
Even when they say there's nothin' left
So don't give up on me 

Word count : 1436
Total words : 13,436 

Chapter four : Acceptance and Amendments 

18th August 2018 

Rehan felt a rush of anger, relief and curiosity as he stared at his twin. Not knowing which to enact on, he just stared as Rayan looked around and made himself at home like he had never left it in the first place. 

"Can't stop staring at this pretty face?" Rayan asked to which Rehan just rolled his eyes. 

"Where the hell were you babu?" Rehan started with his first question. 

"Where the hell was I? What the hell was I doing? Why the hell did I leave? Can we please ignore all these questions and jump onto the main concern?" Rehan wanted to punch his twin for his nonchalant behaviour. 

"And if I may ask, what is the topic of concern for you?" Rehan asked calmly trying to control his anger. 

"There are lots to be honest. But I am here, you are here, we have our entire life to discuss them. Whats the hurry?" Rayan said sounding uninterested of anything going around. 

Rehan could feel anger radiate through his entire body as he punched Rayan on his face. Taken aback by the sudden attack, Rayan fell off the couch. Rehan waited for his reponse as Rayan wiped little blood under his lip. But it never came, instead Rayan looked at Rehan and gave him a smile. 

"You still land solid punches as before, I see. But why didn't you hit some on me?" Rehan raised his eyebrows confused at Rayan's question. 

"Why didn't you punch some sense into me when I first did drugs and crashed dad's car? Why didn't you drag me into the big mess we got into after dad died? Why didn't you punch me hard when I couldn't see or feel the pain of our mother? Why didn't you punch me when I kept doing things wrong, again and again. Why don't you just hit me hard, scold me and kick my ass when I do something like every brother should. Instead why the hell do you become the bigger person and clean up my mess every time. When dad found out about the drugs and car you could have gave me away but no, you had claim the mistake as yours! When he died, we should have stood together, handled everything together but no, you had to send me away to fulfil my dreams while you sacrificed yours! Never did you mention about our mother's condition! You always made it seem like rainbows all while you were suffering under the rain alone! And why on Earth did you marry Avilasha when I left? Why Rehan? Why? Why do you have to become the bigger person always?" 

Rayan didn't realise the tears that had fallen down his eyes as he kept going on, 

"Avilasha didn't want to marry me, I left her in the alter. Whatever were our reasons it was our marriage, it was our problem. Why did you have to interfere? Cause you knew that Avilasha's parents would make her life a living hell. She would be not only dejected by them but thoroughly blamed and taunted. You married her to save her from them. You married cause I was an idiot who signed a contract with them and you had to be become the bigger idiot and follow those clauses! Why didn't you let me suffer the consequences? I knew what problems I would face if I broke the contract, I knew I would lose all my properties and shares to them but I didn't care about those. I had thought it through babu! Why do you always underestimate me? Why do you feel the need to save me from the world? Why do you feel you have to do everything for me? For god sake babu, you are just a  minute older than me! Why do you have to act as though you are my father and not my twin brother!" 

Rehan listened carefully all while Rayan poured his heart out. Once done, he collapsed on the couch rubbing his head. 

"Remember when we were five we had gone to our family house for a wedding. I had befriended a lot of our older cousins and hung out with them while you didn't leave Aama's side at all. You were weaker when we were young, you got sick frequently and everyone was more careful around you. Our cousins used to bully you all the time calling you a momma's boy, they used to trouble you and I used to join them. Laugh along with them at my own brother's misery. One day, Sagun the eldest one of the group dared me to lose you in the jungle nearby. I wanted to make a good impression so badly that I agreed. I remember the day very clearly, I took you to jungle with the excuse of playing. Then I ran away from there leaving you alone. Your tried to follow me but lost my sight soon. I could hear your cries, you begging me to come back, asking me to help you out but I didn't even turn back once. We never knew how dangerous our prank was. After an hour Aama noticed you gone and everyone started searching for you. The whole house turned upside down trying to find you. It was late evening when dad and uncle found you, drenched in rain, half unconscious. You were rushed to the hospital and the doctor concluded you had nuemonia. For four days you were in the ICU and for two weeks you were in the hospital. I never visited you in the hospital, was too guilty to even face you. Everyone thought I was too sad but I knew I was more than guilty. All while I kept remembering you begging me not to leave you alone. And when I finally did go to visit you, all you did was smile at me and asked me to share my snackpack with you.That day I promised I would never do something that would hurt you or would never let anyone else hurt you either. You suffered my mistake that day, I would suffer thousand more of yours." Rehan shared as Rayan listened silently. 

"The day we lost our father, you were crying as you held mother. That day I saw the same five year old Rayan. The lost helpless child who just wanted to a shelter of protection. So I decided I wouldn't let you suffer, whatever would happen I would bear it alone. I would everything in my hands to keep you away from the pain and struggles." 

"But I am not six year old Rayan anymore. " Rayan said after a while. "I am grown adult and I wish to grow up. Don't try to protect me every time babu. Let me learn from my mistakes." 

Rehan nodded his head at Rayan's request. 

Rayan got up and pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. He held it in front of Rehan, 
"This is the same piece of paper that has made you and Avilasha suffer. But not anymore now." 

Saying this Rayan tore the papers apart and burnt them with his lighter. Rehan widened his eyes at his actions.

"What the hell did you do babu?"

"Burned it. No more contract, no more clauses, no more problem. They can do whatever they like I don't care anymore." Rayan said. "And I know they wouldn't hurt me. You wouldn't let them." 

Rehan smiled as he hugged his brother. 

Avilasha hugged the life out of Rayan the minute she saw him. 

"Relax. I know sometimes I can be irresistible but you don't have to make it so obvious." 

Avilasha laughed out. She had really missed his self obsessed statements. She had really missed him.

"How are you?" He asked, genuinely concerned. 

"How could I be when you left me for all these time!" Avilasha complained as Rayan laughed.

"I am sorry. I really am. What I did is not forgivable but if you can please try to forget about it. I was big idiot who never thought anything through."

"No Rayan! It was never your fault. I would have done the same if I was in your shoes. It was my fault. I gave you the false hope of marriage."

"Why did you do that? If you knew all along why did you agree to marry me?" 

"Cause that was how it supposed to be. I was supposed to marry a good guy and live happily. I thought I could change myself, I could fit myself into what was expected of me. And I knew if I did try marriage, I could only do it with you. If there was one guy I cared about it is you." 

"Are you angry with me?" Avilasha asked scared of his reply.

"I was earlier but that was very childish of me. I was selfish, I believed loving meant gaining someone one but now I realised its not just that. Sometimes loving someone means letting them go cause they are happier that way." 

Avilasha smiled to her fullest hearing him before hugging him once again.

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier
Even though I might not like this
I think that you'll be happier, I want you to be happier
So I'll go

Babu - term of endearment which means small boy

Word count : 1563
Total words : 15000

3rd Milestone complete.