Honest Opinion About The Show

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago

After watching Bhootu's (Another Zee TV Show) destruction, I had sworn not to watch another Hindi serial. Yeh Teri Galiyan seemed intriguing from its' review so thought to follow it by reading WU. But I am really pissed off after today's episode.

That Dadaji of Shantanu seems like a complete freak to me. He seems like the Sheldon Cooper of ITV. It's one thing to be brilliant & another thing to be sophisticated & courteous. In a party, he goes on asking people questions & suddenly accepts Shantanu as he knows the answer!!! Are you frigging kidding me!!!! Where is his lecture on mannerism vanished? The fact that he acts as a teacher shows how sophisticated/mannered he himself is. He is definitely a learned man but completely unsocial.

I am respectful towards elders but I hate people who control their kids' life & take decisions for them. Didn't like how Arindam & Anita had to convince him. It's their decision if they want to foster a kid or not. Who the hell he is to permit them & impose his decision on them? No wonder under his influence Shantanu would grow up to be another NAMUNA.

Coming to Sonakachi, Arpita & Chanda seem to be the only real characters of this show. Arpita is a good friend who has finally accepted her daughter's fate yet lent a shoulder to cry on. I am glad that at least Chanda is mourning for Shantanu. Shantanu seems just way too occupied with Puchki. ThaurMaa has suddenly taken a 180 degree turn & now empathizing with Puchki!!!! This has been the most shocking part for me.

Coming to the overall story, I don't think this show is something new. In Krishnadasi, they showed a similar story. There in place of prostitutes, the focus was on Devdasis who are treated with almost equal hatred & the FL was from Devdasi lineage.

I have never seen any show of Vrushika Mehta but from others' description, she seems like a very talented actress. The kids are also very good. But as a whole package, it's quite disappointing.

Childhood memories & friends are irreplaceable in our life. But from the beginning I feel they are trying way too hard to romanticize the whole situation. Showing the kids to pull stunt after stunt & now Puchki going through all sorts of misery it's the tried & tested formula a FL who has to gone through hell. Unfortunately a little girl is going through this phase & somehow it's destroying the innocence of her age. I dread to imagine the plight of the unfortunate kids who are born & raised in such areas. But instead of focusing on the social rejection they are showing high dose of ShanKi which is kind of irritating.

I know the story is about two childhood friends who would eventually become lovers. But the situations seem really forced to pave the way for future romance & not the innocent friendship.

As far the future story, Puchi is very young but Shantanu has spent the major forming years of his life in Sonakachi. If he begins to hate this place & Puchki that would be complete character assassination for him.

Overall this whole story feels like forced. Apart from the actors, nothing seems good.

This was just my opinion. I had no intention to hurt any fan's feeling. If anyone is hurt by my statement I am genuinely sorry. It's just, I like to express & read others' opinion. Today I was really pissed off so had to vent my anger. 

Feel free to agree or disagree but no bashing please.

Edited by nushy1995 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

unicorn1 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Agree with some points and disagree with some. 
I agree that Hitler Majumdar is quite shallow as he judges a person mainly on the basis of his/her education. Also he believes that he lets everyone in his family have a stand and that's obviously not the truth. But this is his characterisation. He is supposed to be a Hitler who bosses around in the house. 

Now that he is impressed by Shantanu he will train him to be very knowledgable and classy but will suppress his inherent qualities like humility and compassion. Finally Puchki will help him come out of this fake cocoon that his dadaji develops around him and this will form the basis of the story.

Btw I don't think cvs have romanticized little Shantanu and Puchki's relation yet. They have just shown the divine connect they have and their innocent friendship. And after leap I too want grown-up Shanki to first become besties like they were as kids and then fall in love with each other.
sarah.aalli thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shan will never be another Namuna as u said.. he is shown as a v emotional guy from inside... respectable to elders and can't live without her friend. ..
His family's reputation will be a barrier for him due to which he won't be able to accept puchki but after sometime he will definitely fight for his love against his own respectable grand dad...

Secondly its a love story until now they shown a v beautiful connection of Shanki and how such kids who belongs to a brothel had to go through many difficulties...

Initially they focused mainly on a social issue of people living forcefully in sonagachi but now as they r heading towards leap they had to focus on kids story I.e shanki as u said...

They have already made the story intriguing that after leap its gonna be amazing to watch specially a love story with manish n vrushika who r adorable and able to build sparkling chemistry onscreen...
Edited by sarah.aalli - 5 years ago