Redemption: how can the writers redeem themselves?

wickedlyunique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi all.  I'm new to this forum.  I usually silently lurk and read posts, but after witnessing the new track I just had to come out of hiding.

Quite frankly I'm utterly appalled with the new twist in the storyline.  I can understand Vivaan losing his mind with everything that he's been through.  But this is a complete 360 from what we've seen his character to be. I mean, he went from self-hurting himself for being forced into treating Meera like crap by the kidnapper to suddenly hating her because the kidnapper of all people told him Meera was responsible for Amaya's coma and Pammi's death. 

Are the writers taking cheap drugs?! What is this 🀬??!!

Sure in the heat of the moment I could believe that Vivaan suffered a lapse of temporary insanity and momentarily believed the kidnapper, because 1) he's been under a lot of stress considering the mindgames, 2) to begin with he already wasn't thinking clearly and wasn't in the right mindset before finding Amaya dangling over a chemical bath, and 3) he watched his own mother die...more correctly blow up right in front of his face and on top of that --  the sister he raised like his own child and means the world to him is again on her death bed.

Any sane person, no matter how strong, would be sitting in a corner chewing on their own hair if that happened to him. Of course Vivaan would snap.

So even as crazy as it would be to blame Meera, even then - by now, he should have gotten a grip on reality and latched onto the most rational thought: that the kidnapper is to be blamed for everything and NOT Meera.  Vivaan should be redirecting all of that hate on the person who actually forcefed Amaya poison and strapped a bomb on his mother. He should be out hunting that sick 🀬 down like the animal he/she is -- instead of pushing his wife down a flight of stairs.

Honestly the only way to redeem any of this random hate on Vivaan's part is for it to be revealed that either: 

1) there was more to that telephone conversation after the explosion that we the veiwers didn't hear and that the kidnapper threatened Vivaan that Meera would be next and that he'd hurt her the same way he hurt Amaya and Pammi -- and so again all of this hate isn't real but an act to save Meera.

2) Vivaan's hate is all somehow a plan to draw the kidnapper out (but I hope Amar and the police are all a part of it). I don't know how this would make sense. But it could some how if the writers plotted it right.

OR...

3) Vivaan is ill and knows he's dying and he's purposely trying to make Meera hate him so she can move on and as a result used this whole mess as the reason he needed to push her away. I mean, he was getting random pains during the whole kidnapping chaos (albeit alot of it was self-inflicted wounds). But that moment when Meera and Vivaan were hiding behind those barrels from those goons and almost got caught because Vivaan suddenly flinched in pain, before escaping to the dupatta dye place -- could very well have been a sign of what was to come.

I honestly hope it's the third rreason as awful as it sounds.  We've already seen the first one playout. The second I'd be happy with only if they tell Meera that everything has been some crazy insane cockamamie plan. But the third could be an amazing storyline if written properly.

Aditi and Arjit are talented. They ought to be given good stuff to act with. Their chemistry is amazing.

All I'm saying is that the writers seriously need to pull something out of left field here to redeem this story turn. The newfound hate only cheapens the love story.

So those are my ideas on how the story could be redeemed.  What about you? How do you find the current track? What would you like to see happen in order to redeem Vivaan's sudden character assassination?

Well that's my rant.  It's a pleasure to meet you all.  I'd like to be more active in this forum but my work schedule and the fact that I live in Canada aka the place where Kaleerein episodes are 2 months behind of India makes it a bit difficult. But I shall try.

Yours till the popsicle stick,

wickedlyunique...but you all can call me Mimi. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cuppa_n_cricket thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Mimi. Welcome to the forum😊

Writers are on cheap drugs, certainly. They have been on it for some time now and guess they were on heavy dosage while writing for today's.  I cannot wrap my head around the fact that Vivaan could do it because that is not even him but what is the point anyway?

The scenarios you mentioned are all great but trust me when I say this... These writers do not have it in them. 
And most importantly, they cannot redeem the character in any case  (except maybe that he has gone mad and has lost all sense) because the act was so abhorring, she could have even died. Every TRP-bait off-character behaviour of his can be justified some way or the other but today's low is a low for Indian television more than anything else. There should be some legal notice served to zee creative heads. πŸ₯±
Edited by cuppa_n_cricket - 5 years ago
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Welcome to the forum Mimi. 😊

You will not believe this, but I have thought of almost all of your points and the possibility of Vivaan being ill too.  These thoughts have been on my mind since Vivaan sudden hatred.

Even today, I saw how it was shown that Vivaan was not looking where he pushed Meera, as yesterday and she smothered her screams.  If I accept that though I will be accepting his behaviour and whether on the stairs or floor he could have hurt her badly or fatally.  Throwing her this way is wrong and is not justified.

Violence is wrong not matter what Vivaan's state of mind.  It needs to stop first before the writers can show any redemption and it has to be properly written.

We have our doubts because the writers have let us down too many times...
Edited by The_May_Rose - 5 years ago
salmagurl21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
These points are very viable to use. But I read someone write if the kidnapper comes out of hiding and be a guy who likes meera to make vivan jealous. On him being a friend and vivan thinks the relationship is something more. 

If anyone can give this show a chance then we can all be happy when the start of love starts again.
This is more of his anger and her love but before it was his love and her anger. So soon enough they work together to get nimmo back and work on trusting each other to fight the kidnapper.
wickedlyunique thumbnail

Originally posted by: cuppa_n_cricket

Hi Mimi. Welcome to the forum😊

Thank you πŸ€—

Writers are on cheap drugs, certainly. They have been on it for some time now and guess they were on heavy dosage while writing for today's.  I cannot wrap my head around the fact that Vivaan could do it because that is not even him but what is the point anyway?

That's exactly how I feel πŸ˜‘ I feel so betrayed by the writers. Arjit doesn't deserve this πŸ˜­

The scenarios you mentioned are all great but trust me when I say this... These writers do not have it in them. 

And most importantly, they cannot redeem the character in any case  (except maybe that he has gone mad and has lost all sense) because the act was so abhorring, she could have even died. Every TRP-bait off-character behaviour of his can be justified some way or the other but today's low is a low for Indian television more than anything else. There should be some legal notice served to zee creative heads. πŸ₯±

Oh I have no hope on the writers. To stay sane I'm pretending like what I'm watching isn't happening, which isn't healthy but what can a girl do. Aditi and Arjit's chemistry compels me so β­οΈ
rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The only way to redeem themselves is to end this kidnapper track and bring all the truth out in front of Vivaan's eyes. Show Meera's truth to him and make him beg and plead for forgiveness.

Put Laadi, Roma(is she alive? ) in jail and start with a fresh clean slate where they get married willingly on their own terms.
wickedlyunique thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_May_Rose

Welcome to the forum Mimi. πŸ˜Š

Thank you πŸ€—

Originally posted by: The_May_Rose

You will not believe this, but I have thought almost all of you points and the possibility of Vivaan being ill too.  These thoughts have been on my mind since Vivaan sudden hatred.

Even today I saw how it was shown that Vivaan was not looking where he pushed Meera, as yesterday and she smothered her screams.  If I accept that though I will be accepting his behaviour and whether on the stairs or floor he could have hurt her badly or fatally.  Throwing her this way and it is not justified.

The violence is wrong not matter what Vivaan's state of mind.  It needs to stop first before the writers can show any redemption and it has to be properly written.

We have our doubts because the writers have let us down too many times...

I think I'm in a state of denial. The violence is so uncharacteristic of him. He might as well be the kidnapper wearing a mask. I just can't process it. I want the old Vivaan back. πŸ˜­ but like you said, I have no hope on these writers. I used to. I had really loved the earlier Meervan scenes, like the claustrophobia scene. That scene was magic. I just want development in their relationship. One full of understanding. I don't know why I torture myself with those hopes. I might as well read fanfiction.
wickedlyunique thumbnail

Originally posted by: salmagurl21

These points are very viable to use. But I read someone write if the kidnapper comes out of hiding and be a guy who likes meera to make vivan jealous. On him being a friend and vivan thinks the relationship is something more. 

If anyone can give this show a chance then we can all be happy when the start of love starts again.
This is more of his anger and her love but before it was his love and her anger. So soon enough they work together to get nimmo back and work on trusting each other to fight the kidnapper.

Oh I'm not quitting. I love Aditi and Arjit's onscreen chemistry too much. They're literally fire. I haven't loved a soap couple this much in a long time.  
wickedlyunique thumbnail

Originally posted by: rose2015

make him beg and plead for forgiveness. 

πŸ˜† I can already visualize how dramatic that will be. Poor Arjit the writers may have him throw himself down stairs and walk on hot coal...

Originally posted by: rose2015

Put Laadi, Roma(is she alive? ) in jail and start with a fresh clean slate where they get married willingly on their own terms.

Yes! Please! Totally agree.
aglaeca9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Whatever the reason is but nothing can justify the way he's  behaving with her..really very painful to watch it..the poor girl is trying so hard for the sake of their relationship but ther CVs will make her forgive him without any proper redemption track just with some utter crap logic.
1 2
Next