Don't blame star plus ...blame yourself

Srbhagrwl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Star plus is just doing business...no trps means no money... advertisement n other company invest...we are the one not watching on tv

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
That is a good point. We, viewers, did not patronize the show. But, on the other hand, I personally feel the show went downhill when they shifted the time slot.
I am actually visiting the forum after ages because I read that the show was going off-air and felt genuinely sorry to see the show go. I had stopped watching the show when Anami brought Sudha to lal mahal. To me, that was the turning point and there was no redemption for Anami after that. I understood that she was only seventeen and I knew she was rebelling against whom she saw as a bad mother. But, to bring the other woman in her father's life into the same place as where her mother was...it was completely tasteless and crass. I couldn't take it after that. (I do understand that others might not have felt so...but that is just me)
I had loved the beginning just as I completely dub the bond between vatsalya and anami. It was unbelievable given the little screen space they had together.
I had even loved Anami's character initially. I had loved Satrupa's initial character too. I had been looking forward to the 'tu tu main main' between Anami and Satrupa. I wanted to see the relationship between them grow, change just as I had been looking forward to their individual characters blend. The most disheartening of all was the complete sidelining of Baldev and Anami's relationship. Was totally let down. 
Anyways, all that apart, I feel sad because this was a show that started with so much promise. It was different and had topnotch acting, screenplay, and direction. 
All said and done, things are what they are. While I am sorry to see the show come to such an end, I cannot, in all honesty, say I am surprised.

Mangothyme thumbnail
I don't have the time or inclination to watch on TV. I have a life and multiple devices that let me watch at a time I choose. There is competition from sources like Amazon and Netflix who do original programming available at all times plus streaming. There is also Korean, Turkish and US dramas that I can get at the click of a button. Star plus can stick to its ancient method of TRPs. The future is web programming 
People have the ability to watch what they want when they want. In bed, during commute, at work during lunch, in between class, heck even in a bathtub. That is the purpose of a tablet or a smartphone. Adapt or die. Who will die is written on the wall and it is not the user. 
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

That is a good point. We, viewers, did not patronize the show. But, on the other hand, I personally feel the show went downhill when they shifted the time slot.

I am actually visiting the forum after ages because I read that the show was going off-air and felt genuinely sorry to see the show go. I had stopped watching the show when Anami brought Sudha to lal mahal. To me, that was the turning point and there was no redemption for Anami after that. I understood that she was only seventeen and I knew she was rebelling against whom she saw as a bad mother. But, to bring the other woman in her father's life into the same place as where her mother was...it was completely tasteless and crass. I couldn't take it after that. (I do understand that others might not have felt so...but that is just me)
I had loved the beginning just as I completely dub the bond between vatsalya and anami. It was unbelievable given the little screen space they had together.
I had even loved Anami's character initially. I had loved Satrupa's initial character too. I had been looking forward to the 'tu tu main main' between Anami and Satrupa. I wanted to see the relationship between them grow, change just as I had been looking forward to their individual characters blend. The most disheartening of all was the complete sidelining of Baldev and Anami's relationship. Was totally let down. 
Anyways, all that apart, I feel sad because this was a show that started with so much promise. It was different and had topnotch acting, screenplay, and direction. 
All said and done, things are what they are. While I am sorry to see the show come to such an end, I cannot, in all honesty, say I am surprised.

I agree with your opinion on anami bringing the other woman who her father had an affair with into the house. That was completely insensitive of anami to do. Did she not think before thinking that by bringing sudha into LM to give her justice, she is thinking about giving justice to the woman her father cheated on her own mother with? Anami's this action showed how immature and impulsive she is with her emotions, because if she thought like a woman, she would have realised how hurtful it would be for any woman to have her sautan walking around her in-laws and husband freely. ðŸ¤¢
Mangothyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

I agree with your opinion on anami bringing the other woman who her father had an affair with into the house. That was completely insensitive of anami to do. Did she not think before thinking that by bringing sudha into LM to give her justice, she is thinking about giving justice to the woman her father cheated on her own mother with? Anami's this action showed how immature and impulsive she is with her emotions, because if she thought like a woman, she would have realised how hurtful it would be for any woman to have her sautan walking around her in-laws and husband freely. ðŸ¤¢

Precisely how did Baldev cheat on Satrupa with Sudha ? Narottam is older than Vatsalya and Anami. In fact in the first episode during the birth he is shown as a toddler. Baldev had a past before he met Satrupa. He did not owe her anything. In fact he wanted Sudha as his wife. Satrupa was nowhere in the picture. How on earth is that cheating ? ðŸ¤”. He has not cheated with Sudha or anyone else since the marriage. 
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

I agree with you word by word. 
@ bold  Not only that track ruined Anamj's character, it also ruined Satrupa's character. Sudha was made unbelievably cunning, powerful and manipulative that made no sense. Later Anami was worried if Sudha wanted to put Narottam in Vatsalya's place. I thought she wanted to do the same when she talked  about giving Sudha her haq. What else is haq then? She cannot be the wife of Baldev nor can one make Baldevnor others accept her. If not property and recognition what else is haq according to her? Vikram offered Sudha a big amount and a hotel. She rejected it saying she doesn't trust LM people. Yet she wanted to commit suicide because she couldn't live wit this LM parivar. Anami was so dumb in this track.

Baldev is her father. He deserves her attention as much as she deserves his attention. This relationship should have been the game changer. Both hate Satrupa. Both were cheated by her. 

What else didn't work was the pathetic CBI investigation and showing Indian judiciary in poor light. Seventeen year old black mailing her influential and poweful family didn't sound real at all.

The show was so interesting in the beginning. It was never good vs bad.It was about power politics. Every character was a bit greyish except Vatsalya may be. We loved it that way. Then came Sudha. Instead of showig Baldev and his family had cheated her they made Baldev a victim. That can never explain why LM hated Narottam so much. They could at least give him a better life if not anything else. 

simran_singh_24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I will blame Starplus
They shifted a show that was doing very well at 6pm to 8pm and didn't give them time to consolidate their position in a new slot.

They shifted Tu Sooraj from afternoon slot to 7pm and it was at low TRP till recently and doing pretty well now.

The makers did try to court the TRP folks,every one cried lot more than when they buried a boy and they did pooja and they brought a souten. When they plan  a project for two to three years as family saga,few months of focus on the present generation is normal.If they let the show run for few more months it would've picked up new audience.Let's not blame the on going romance either.

SP just got greedy and wanted quick results. Yes, i will blame the channel. THey didn't give this show time to rope in new audience.

Are they really running a business?The proposed replacement doesn't make me think so😆

Minionite thumbnail
I'm sorry but I disagree. I'm going to blame Starplus.

Like Mangothyme said, the future of shows is not TV, but online programming. But not only that, it's on-the-demand, it's PVR, it's reruns, it's downloading. It's more than just TV.

Starplus today still relies on TRPs. But their TRPs are only counted on the original airing of the episode. Not the reruns. Not the Hotstar videos. Not the countless other videos people put up on sites like Desitvbox and Yo Desi.

This is the real future of shows. I'll give my own family as an example.

10 years ago, my nani, my mamis, my mother, my cousins, and I would sit down in front of the TV sets (we have 3 in our house) and watch TV shows from 7 to 10 PM. Because that was the only time they aired. They would air throughout the day, but when I was in India, we usually spent the day shopping, relaxing, sightseeing, visiting the park, playing, etc.

5 years ago, that TV audience cut down to just my nani, my mamis, and my mother. My cousins and I would just download or watch online or even watch reruns when we had time.

Today no one watches between 7 PM to 10 PM. One of my mamis has PVR, which allows her to record the TV show and watch during the day when she is alone at home. My other mami has unfortunately passed away, but when she was alive she watched the reruns with my nani. My mom downloads everything and watches off a USB key plugged into our TV. We got rid of satellite dish in our Canada home long back. I watch online. My cousins watch online.

We haven't stopped watching TV and we probably never will. But we're all hungry for good content and available content. Available in the sense that is available when we want to watch it. And good content means at least something different than your regular run-of-the-mill saas-bahu serials.
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I don't think viewers are obliged to watch on TV during original air-time. When the show was in 6pm slot, there were episodes that I ended up missing at times because of time issues. I had to do with catching the epi online. But the show was very good those days. When the show shifted to 8pm, it was more convenient to catch on the show on TV but the show started dragging a lot and I would miss some episodes and just catch up with updates.

Honestly, the channel should focus on tight-scripted shows and avoid dragging stuff unnecessarily if they want us to dedicatedly watch everyday.. because viewers these days don't have the patience for unnecessary dragging and have other better options.
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I follow this show on and off. The reason why I am not able to follow this show on day to day basis is my busy schedule and the fact that my other favorite show Shakti airs on this slot. 
The reason why the show is ending is the tough competition it faces from rival channel. IF this show was on some other slot, it would had done a lot better.