Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chocolate_boy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
I also gave my thoughts from own point if viewing. I think that their new thinking is just to remain in market they don't care for the masses. And I find star plus stereotyping it's concepts just in favor of women empower ment. I think there should be other concepts too focusing on different social issues. Just as I find in Colors, they are showing shows on transgender and child labor, zee tv has shown concepts of every kind even an autistic child. Whereas star plus likes to just cling on to women empowerment shows and modern clothes. I hope they show something different as people are tired watching these types of concepts. 
rishani77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: psam4

Can you please give the name of shows on Colors or Zee which has different concepts? Colors and Zee had most regressive shows. Colors is running on Shakthi ( made fun of kinnars)
and weekend shows. Zee is running on 2  EK shows, with never ending plots. I agree star plus is in mess. They gave away traditional dressing. Still  it is the same star plus which tried to give new concept shows like P.O.W, mission sapne, Tamannah, MMZ, Dahleez, BD, SSLG, EHT.  only EHT worked. Please check the 9 show in star plus . Perfect example of Nayisoch. Anyway it's totally my POV. For me any given day star is better than their rivals.

The most refreshing not draggy concepts of SP in the past 2-3 years were def Everest, P.O.W, Manmarziyan, Dahleez, EHT they were all finite series except MMZ they shut it down. I had a huge elt down after that as I never trusted SP they never gave proper promotions for MMZ & said that it was just an experiment. Even the daily soap Navya was refreshing back then but as usual when shaadi track is on it becomes saas bahu show I think this trend started with SP itself at the first place thanks to Ekta. 😆

True that Colors, Zee even Sony (modern set up dramas) offers rural, fresh concepts with a social msg but once again one day they all tend to turn their shows into a saah bahu, masala drama saga, sad fact. 🤢

Only finite shows like Everest, P.O.W, Dehleez, Bin Kuch Kahe (Zee), Ek Tha Chander Ek Thi Sudha, Yudh (Sony TV with Amitabh Bacchan)  lived a huge impact with or without doing well @ ratings coz it's all pre produced & written. Maybe Indian daily soaps will not loose their quality of story & execution of they only run for about 200 episodes...😕

And for the sake of women empowerment they show shitty stuffs ? Gopi, Simar, Naagin, oh god! 😡

rishani77 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocolate_boy

I also gave my thoughts from own point if viewing. I think that their new thinking is just to remain in market they don't care for the masses. And I find star plus stereotyping it's concepts just in favor of women empower ment. I think there should be other concepts too focusing on different social issues. Just as I find in Colors, they are showing shows on transgender and child labor, zee tv has shown concepts of every kind even an autistic child. Whereas star plus likes to just cling on to women empowerment shows and modern clothes. I hope they show something different as people are tired watching these types of concepts. 

See I always thought that Zee, Colors tend to deliver a social msg with most of their shows + they at least a chance of 6 months for a show to improve. SP gave some really gr8 finite series but all they want is business, ratings it is showing ratings wise, the channel lost it's charm they show nonsense shitty stuffs saying women empowerment, nayi soch. 😡
Even Sony had a show Itti Si Kushi only ran for 61 epi they axed it, a girl who wakes up after 10 years of a coma & how she deals with her adult life. Jee le zara with a 35 woman falling in love with a guy who is 10 years younger than her, they also did a pakistani show remake na where the head doctor falls in love with her younger intern. In my opinion SP can never do a medical show, or show some taboos characters / situations but yeah kuddos for showing some shows where it started good with a dark skinned heroine's struggles & overweight girl's journey. 👏
MeowMori thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rishani77

See I always thought that Zee, Colors tend to deliver a social msg with most of their shows + they at least a chance of 6 months for a show to improve. SP gave some really gr8 finite series but all they want is business, ratings it is showing ratings wise, the channel lost it's charm they show nonsense shitty stuffs saying women empowerment, nayi soch. 😡
Even Sony had a show Itti Si Kushi only ran for 61 epi they axed it, a girl who wakes up after 10 years of a coma & how she deals with her adult life. Jee le zara with a 35 woman falling in love with a guy who is 10 years younger than her, they also did a pakistani show remake na where the head doctor falls in love with her younger intern. In my opinion SP can never do a medical show, or show some taboos characters / situations but yeah kuddos for showing some shows where it started good with a dark skinned heroine's struggles & overweight girl's journey. 👏

Beranga cut Ek Shringar Swabhimaan in 3 days and that's a record. 
chocolate_boy thumbnail
I personally think that the American concept of shows should not be followed. The series should run on basis of story and popularity. I mean good story and popularity. Sometimes finite shows end while they have potential to do better of run more. I think it's time some new concepts including social awareness regarding a lot of things should be brought in tv. An example can be environmentally friendly way of living. But all channels especially star plus tries to portrait the negative side of the society regarding woman. Of course it's bad, but it's not the only thing bas in the nation. Nowadays I m getting too much bored with Star plus concepts of women empowerment. I mean, that these shows are not watched by those types of people. Instead the masses watch them. They should show concepts of satyamev jayate types. Star plus could never bring a story of an acid victim, maybe she won't be able to wear Manish Malhotra lehenga that's why. 
rishani77 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chocolate_boy

I personally think that the American concept of shows should not be followed. The series should run on basis of story and popularity. I mean good story and popularity. Sometimes finite shows end while they have potential to do better of run more. I think it's time some new concepts including social awareness regarding a lot of things should be brought in tv. An example can be environmentally friendly way of living. But all channels especially star plus tries to portrait the negative side of the society regarding woman. Of course it's bad, but it's not the only thing bas in the nation. Nowadays I m getting too much bored with Star plus concepts of women empowerment. I mean, that these shows are not watched by those types of people. Instead the masses watch them. They should show concepts of satyamev jayate types. Star plus could never bring a story of an acid victim, maybe she won't be able to wear Manish Malhotra lehenga that's why. 

Hi5! Other than the cv's & channels we can also blame the format of the daily soaps. I just love the urdu dramas, korean/japanese dramas format.
Gosh they go like heroine is girl next door & they show so many fancy things like from salwar suit to a a backless dress  (I hv ntg against that) ready to do a couple dance like seriously not relevant at all. Plus they think they are Mahaan, always interfering into all the other's buisness. Actually Asian tv shows be it Indian or even Chinese are afraid to talk about sensitive issues, taboos or even about handicaps it's a fact. Whereas in Europe or USA u hv stories about the struggles of people, real struggles be it physical, mentally or socially. In South Asia in general they can never show such thing without adding masala & drama.
chocolate_boy thumbnail
Yes dear hi5. I too agree with u. Thing is daily soap is a thing to run with bit of masala. And even if finite shows run, audience will not turn to be attached with it. Daily soap viewers know they are seeing daily soap and they are mentally prepared like that. 
However, star pus shows. Just not even one concept except women hood. Just start from chakravyu, durga, tu sooraj, namkaran, a bit of ye rishta and ishwbaaz. The rest shows iss pyar ko and ye hai mohabbatein are different but crap. Chandra nandini seems different to me. 

The upcoming shows also like that. Star plus things that modern outlook, or wat I shud say women emporment and modern clothes will give them number 1 rank. They are wrong. Zee, colors and Sony with brilliant ongoing shows of different concepts will snatched the rank.