Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: mistofshadows

Shivani,

The fact that these two individuals are just given enough focus and not too much is something I am loving about this show.
As you said there are no unnecessary detours taken to put them together to give us scenes, rather the story is taking a path of its own as if the whole thing is a tale of life and not a serial depicted plot story.

Yo Niki! This is so like the old times, old times I desperately want to forget for reasons that shall not be named.😆 That is I believe the best part about this saga. If a character is revealed through the flow of the story, it engages the viewers/readers more because there is always a possibility of something new and rare. And because they are not taking any detour to explain or justify their characters it is making the tale a lot more interesting as you never know what facet of a character or what key factor will open itself to us.

Devsena is a stubborn, righteous but rigid. She refuses to see beyond what she wants too and that would be her downfall as she is blind in her trust on certain people. What was spectacular is that the father she loves so much is also one of the thorns in her life.

Devsena is the righteous queen in making. But what she lacks is the ruthlessness in her. A ruler however kind and just he/she may be can never let go of their ruthlessness. This is what Devsena lacks and this is what will force her in a pit of darkness. Her father is aware of these undercurrents but he wants her to tackle it all on her own. This is what makes her father a villain as well. At a time when he should be explaining his daughter the rules of the games, he is asking her to begin playing the same. This makes him an unwilling villain in her story.

Varundev is a determined soul. He sees what he wants and takes it, a classic usurper but as you said with his will to justify his win, he becomes as flawed as Devsena. 

Varundev's major flaw is that he has no identity of his own. He has taken up bits and pieces of what his ancestors and preceptors left him and flaunts it as his own. And his overwhelming desire to justify and deserve what he wants makes him a flawed being. Because in order to justify a wrong you need to outdo the magnitude of that wrong. 

Both are bound into roles, one knows her station and is not too forceful to get as she knows it will come to her while the other strives to get what he sees to raise his station.

Indeed they are bound in roles. But these aren't the roles they want to fit in. Devsena's rebellion towards the very norms and practice of the society is an evidence of her no wanting to adapt to the same. Varundev's hesitant approach even after becoming a Sabhasad is evident of his unsurity towards the cause he has been given. That I believe will make their struggle and battle even more interesting.

The dynamic is so beautiful that it is absolutely painful.

I am honestly waiting for the day when these two fall in love and then take up the roles thrusted upon them. The utter helplessness coupled with mindless vengeance would be an epic watch. Well you know how of a pleasure I derive from sadism.🤣

NIKI

PS: I want to see the devastation in Varundev's eyes too. Ans the Arya boys do need a Fanclub.

Aryan bois are 

Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: twinkle55

What lovely review..You have penned down exactly what it is and what is going on. Whatever i felt after watching the episode you just wrote in your beautiful language..

Just sharing my two cents about it-

Thank you Twinkle for the lovely words. It do means a lot to me.

I have yet to watch up the first episode but i was able to watch the second episode that is today and i absolutely Loved it. Loved the contrasting side of the characters of the Main lead. Where varundev is strong, derermined yet so calm and think before act while Devsena is fiesty but childish too.From the promo,i was more attracted towards Devsena but after watching the main episodes i am liking Varundev more.It may be due to their influence of Gene Pool. They have to be like this. But seeing Dev's mother so calm poised and wise she is different.I totally loved the mystery of the last scene where Hahuma was socked knowing the third danger to the life of Devsena. I loved that angle. Loved Tanuja's portrayal as Hahuma and her role. The first sign in the form of one of her snake downing It's hood (i expect am talking correctly)  was mindblowing .Never ever seen such character in Indian television. 

Devsena is indeed stubborn and a bit childish. And her rebellion against the norms of their society actually proves how much she wants a change to creep in. While she doesn't want the skeletal structure of Dravidians to change she wants a lenient rule of law that asks for equality for everyone. And while wanting this all she fails to look into the deeper meaning of things and people around her. Varundev on the other hand is both cautious and hesitant in his walk towards glory. He is deeply cunning as he wants to justify everything that he wants and does. And for the same he isn't afraid to smear himself in blood of others. This makes him as flawed as Devsena. Hahuma is one Bheeshma like character, a staunch disciplinarian but unfortunately a passive viewer of events unfolding in front of her. While she is all powerful she fails to weild this power and set things straight. She, I have a hunch, will be the catalyst of all the events that are to take place.

Loved the performance of all the actors..In love with both the father's of the main leads specially devsena's. All in all They just keep my expectations right and on.. Good job Aarambh Team.

After reading you, i will surely wait for your reviews and write ups next time. 😳

Thank you! :)

Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: chandrima02

@Shivani & everyone else, wonderful takes 👏. I enjoyed the second episode even more than the first one, thanks to the pace & the intrigue factors. Truly this series is taking my expectations a bit higher with every episode. Hope the same is not crushed later on. Anyways, @Shivani, identical thoughts from my end.

Hello Chandrima!! Indeed now that the pace of the story is set. It makes the follow ups of the episode even more interesting in every sense. My expectations are sky high and I would curse to kingdom come if they ruin it even a tiny bit. 

The things have been set into motion. I loved how symbolically they portrayed the destiny of the two clans through the coronation ceremonies of the respective chiefs. Such contrast between these two..

That was a very intelligent portrayal of I may. The juxtaposition of coronation and challenge and the two diametrically opposite outcome showed the the future and it's outcome.

Varundev, being a commoner, earned the post of the twelfth sabhasad proving his might & intelligence, in a nut shell -worth. On the other hand, Devasena inherited Dravidian throne owing to her lineage.

Varundev's earning of his position actually is a proof of his undercurrent that makes him wish he deserve what he gets. And for the same he isn't afraid to shed or wear blood. While Devsena isn't happy with the handing of things on the platter. She wants a change but again is unaware and unsure of how to make that happen. She is proud of her lineage but is unsure if she can live upto it.

While his simple & plain coronation ceremony completed successfully without any glitch with the blessings of the chief priest; her coronation ceremony, with the royal grandeurs, was halted by the high priestess herself. Symbolically representing the future.

Devasena is supremely confident and owing to her lineage & inherent fearless nature she talks eye to eye. Even a halted coronation (which is synonymous to almost a public humiliation) could not deter her spirit. She immediately gets ready for her warfare exercise. While Varundev, even after a well deserved victory and the subsequent coronation, is not self-confident enough to force his eyes to meet with the same of the other sabhasads. Might be due to his lineage.

I believe this has more to do with their characteristic integrity and less with the lineage that they belong to. Devsena has been brought up as a warrior queen, who one day will take on that throne and push her great civilization into greater prosperity. She has been brought up to face fear, challenge them and then conquer them with her will and might. Varundev on the other hand has been brought up as a soldier whose job is to follow the orders and complete them without questioning the right or wrong imbibed in them. In this diabolic game of power Devsena is born as the strongest piece the queen or Wazir. One who can take any means necessary to ensure the victory is theirs. But Varundev isn't cut out like that. He is but a pawn who has been queened to become a Wazir. Of course it will take him time before he is accustomed to that role. But since he has a sharp, shrewd, cunning mind it won't be long before he aces this role and takes on the mighty queen at the other end of the spectrum.

While watching the test, I was wondering about the stark contrast between the tactics of these two. Devasena willingly invites danger towards herself (the crocodile chase in water), while Varundev confronts & tackles dangers with his cunningness & might. Though the end result is the same i.e. both emerging victorious without a scratch, but it is courage, over-confidence, stupidity & might vs. courage, confidence, cunningness & might!!! 

I will disagree a bit here. As I said Devsena is born as the mightiest piece. Whatever road she undertakes is correct because she is the Queen. She is allowed to be reckless and unmindful for she has no competition as yet. Even when Dayalini is cunning she is no match for Devsena in might and strength of character. So it's not over-confidence but knowing if the fact that there exists no one to bend her will. Remember she clearly said mujhe kewal main hi hara sakti hoon. This holds true as of now when there is no one who'd dare to stand in front of her. Varundev on the other hand has always been a pawn, a pawn that is eliminated first in any game. His tentative approach and detours to win are reminiscent of his days as a pawn. He now will have to learn how to be that pwoerful piece that is allowed to bend the rules to suit his ambition. He is a quick learner though and his steely eyes said he will learn it all quick enough and when he will be ready only then will Devsena meet her match. And she will be defeated because while she knows only how to channel that Wazir/Queen; Varundev knows how to switch between a pawn and a Wazir.

The similarity is that both are being surrounded by power hungry enemies who are apparently their allies only. Devasena is naive, gullible, might be innocent enough to ignore them as not-a-threat, even after repeated warnings. We are yet to watch how Varundev tackles with his enemies within his own camp.

Did anyone notice that once his father had arrived, Varundev rested his sabhasad uniform along with the sword on the sign of Karkat (Cancer)!! I was wondering why!! Does it symbolise that once he achieves victory, the same will become as painful as the bite of a Crab or Cancer for him!!! I can definitely see a not-so-happy ending. I am okay with the same as long as he remains faithful to her and her only...

Oh yes. That symbol of Karka. Well a king crab is known to take diagonal path so that it can fool it's enemy and attack them when they suspect the least. It could be that Varundev is in making of that deceptive enemy.

I loved the usage of Swastika ...

The three symbols - the snake downing it's hood signifying hidden griha-shatru; the lowering of the flag symbolising defeat in the hands of another power; the sacrifice is the supreme ritual for the Goddess and for any child her/his parents are supreme. Excellent use of symbolisms...

The snake also signifies power in some cultures and downing of a snake's hood means the crushing of that power. The lowering of the flag is but defeat and death of a sacrificial animal at the altar is usually taken as rejection of that offering. It could be that the Dravidians have stagnated in their approach and this stagnation is now rejected by the goddess they hold supreme.

Mahishiamman is the Mother Goddess, without any apparent form apart from two visibly big eyes...

Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Avengers.

You are here eeeks!

I did watch episode 1, probably need to catch up 😛

Toh kis baat ka wait kar rahi hai? Jump in the bandwagon!😆
Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: gemini54

Excellent writing by all of you.  My self imposed hiatus from the forum has been broken both by the wonderful writing about symbolisms and the potential of this show.  I loved the first episode and looking forward to watching the second.

Glad to hear that your self imposed exile is over. And now that is a thing of the past join us for the crazy ride.😆