Additi Gupta quits Pardesh.. TOI ARTICLE

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

Additi Gupta: Am I not allowed to be single?

Additi GuptaAdditi Gupta Additi Gupta doesn't regret her decisions " be it quitting her show 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' or splitting from Rizwan Bachav, her beau of five years.
About leaving the show, she says, "I was too excited about playing a next-door-girl as it allowed me to break away from my image in 'Qubool Hai'. However, I wasn't happy with the way my role was shaping up. What was promised wasn't executed and hence, the decision. My character didn't get justice. The time leap reaffirmed my decision, as we weren't even aware of it. I feel that the story was taken ahead by several years too soon. I had no issues with the new antagonist (Adaa Khan) being roped in, as my character remained in focus. The new track was something I wasn't in tandem with. Instead of being a piece of furniture on the show, I thought it was better to quit. I shot my last episode on February 14."
Additi was also in the news because of her break-up last month. It was reported that the actress moved on immediately post the split with Rizwan and started dating Laksh Lalwani, her co-actor in 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil'. She says, "The reason I broke up with Rizwan is personal and I don't want to talk about it. I don't want people to make assumptions and judge either of us. I never confirmed I was dating him, then why should I talk about my break-up? I hang out with Arjun (her co-actor Arjun Bijlani in the same show), too. Nobody linked me with him. Is it because he is married and Laksh isn't? I may be single, but that doesn't mean I am available. Am I not allowed to be single?" Edited by ALUJNA21 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
so unbelievable no Sanjana anymore...
Poor Naina keeps saying sanjana-Sanjana
Soni-aa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am gonna miss DD and her masti and SELFI,video stuffs ... but wish her all the best and she get a good project soon and also positive character like heer ...
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soni-aa

I am gonna miss DD and her masti and SELFI,video stuffs ... but wish her all the best and she get a good project soon and also positive character like heer ...

DD is not Drashti dhami but it is Additi who left the show.
Soni-aa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ALUJNA21

DD is not Drashti dhami but it is Additi who left the show.

I know but Aditi is good friend of her if you see their IG stories ... Now m guessing that's why DD not posting any Instagram stories after her vacation ... Also Naina's family not in this show anymore .
hansa22 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sad. They never utilized her properly. Though she is a great actress. 
MG_Love thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Tfs
Am happy for her..cvs never use her character properly...good decision
SakuraKakashi thumbnail
I am going to miss her. I always looked forward for her scenes. It's meant to happen as the show didn't give any scope to the actors except for Raina n i don't like this  about the show. 
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7
good decision...she is made for lead shows...i want to see her back with harshad...❤️...my most fav couple Prem-Heer...
Snowy_Secret thumbnail
happy for her she deserve better sanjana have no scope in the show