ARTICLE Indian TV industry - An upward trend or troubled times?

Posted: 7 years ago

ARTICLE Indian TV industry - An upward trend or troubled times?

http://youthbuzzbiz.blogspot.com/2017/01/indian-tv-industry-upward-trend-or.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luxmi_1029 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for sharing this article.  It was an interesting read.  The culture around TV watching has been changing in recent times, especially with the increased competition the internet is bringing in.  For shows like YVR and Sanyukt I often watched on TV, because it wasn't only me watching it, but my family as well.  For shows such as Beyhad, I do not watch on TV and don't always watch the episodes in order, or even the entire episode. With all the episodes made available through YouTube I pick and choose which scenes I watch (I often go for scenes with Jennifer in them 😃)., and I mostly get filled in on the story through the forum or instagram.  I also like the fact that Beyhad is a series we know will end within a few months, whereas shows like YVR are often extended and move away from the original storyline 👎🏼.    To be honest, I think it is important shows such as YVR exist (minus the over-dramatic nonsense) because it is something I often watch with my mom, and has become a starting point in some of our fun conversations, it helps us connect 😛 Edited by luxmi_1029 - 7 years ago
Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: luxmi_1029

Thank you for sharing this article.  It was an interesting read.  The culture around TV watching has been changing in recent times, especially with the increased competition the internet is bringing in.  For shows like YVR and Sanyukt I often watched on TV, because it wasn't only me watching it, but my family as well.  For shows such as Beyhad, I do not watch on TV and don't always watch the episodes in order, or even the entire episode. With all the episodes made available through YouTube I pick and choose which scenes I watch (I often go for scenes with Jennifer in them 😃)., and I mostly get filled in on the story through the forum or instagram.  I also like the fact that Beyhad is a series we know will end within a few months, whereas shows like YVR are often extended and move away from the original storyline 👎🏼.    To be honest, I think it is important shows such as YVR exist (minus the over-dramatic nonsense) because it is something I often watch with my mom, and has become a starting point in some of our fun conversations, it helps us connect 😛 

Same goes for me & my mom.We do end up discussing about what's gonna happen next & about the progression,about how good the actors are doing,basically everything 😃😳 
Shows like YVR & Sanyukt,I feel I wanted to watch on TV every single day,apart from the fact that they had a beautiful story.was due to how every single episode was important & contributed to taking the story forward unlike some shows where there can be unnecessary dragging 

What hit me about the article was how the channel reviews every single episode & makes changes to the storyline accordingly.
Up till now I just guessed about how channels might be interfering with a show's plot but it's all confirmed by a person in the know.Sad days indeed