Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
@DD just dropped in seeing you. Haan yes if both work together you get a dream world for sure. DD I meant the intellectuals in present day context only. You know right I come from Kerala. We have lot of intellectuals, who has knowledge of everything. Who know what their rights are. Drop of a hat, bandh, harthal, vandalism. There were years in my life when atleast 100-150 days of a year was bandh or harthal. Before studying for exam we will check is there any bandh. 
Even today on a harthal day if you have to work, you have to depend on police convoy. Since lot of intelligence was there industries were shut and people have to go outside to get work. 

Maybe that's why though I know the issues on the ground I didnt feel it to be great. Because we have seen much worse. Coming in a train from outside Kerala and landing in TVM only to realize it is bandh. Stranded in Railway station, no food, not even proper water for a full day. 
Enough people have died because medical care didnt reach the people on bandh day as even ambulances were not allowed to ply. 

And yes people are crying Modi didnt give time. It was only 2 weeks back some party announced harthal at 5 pm in the evening. What were people supposed to do. Nobody thinks. Sometimes we wont be even able to stock next day's essential items like milk the way the announcement of harthal comes. 

It was after high court intervened it is somewhat better for the past 10 years. Else a Keralite suffers more on a bandh or harthal day than this demontization issue. 

To know more about this highly intelligent culture of Kerala read this website . Every party does harthal because in Kerala the might is shown by disrupting public life now and then.

Harthal and Bandh is always claimed to get the right of common man. Only issue was they died on the streets when the politcal parties showed their might.

Atleast Modi told common man will have problem, unlike those intellects who conducts harthal tells. For the benefit of democracy we are doing this. So we have the right to vandalize everything. 

http://www.harthal.com/index.php 
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful chapter SruthaπŸ˜ƒ
I agree with the point that people bash any character by misunderstanding the character. First they should understand the characters then they can bash it, most times positive characters always get bashed
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KanhaKiChutki

I am not ressing on this for a change.

This chapter for me, wasby far one of your best, it touched on many issues I think that have laid pending in my head for ages.
In my opinion, and people don't necessarily have to agree, at the root of all Dharma lie two things- an underlying Adharma that needs abolition, and a sacrifice. Always, Dharma operates on this. In the Rama Avatar, the Lord showed this, Himself. Raavan was the Dharma to be abolished, and the sacrifice He made was sending His wife away on the second vanvaas. As you very rightly pointed out, it was NOT the husband Sitavar who sent  His wife Sita on vanvaas, but Ayodhyapati who sent the Queen Sita on vanvaas. 
The same way, Lord Krishna in His avatar too shows that sacrifice and adharma are what pave the way to establishing the dharma.

So, Laksh is realising? I am liking πŸ˜‰ I love the flashbacks of both Laksh and Dharani, they show the emotions and the bond shared by a Bhabhi and Her Dewar, a mother and her son. 
I am so so curious to see the life story of Shyam, it is super interesting! πŸ˜³
The chapter isn't exactly back and forth, I like the rhythm, it explains human psychology pretty well! πŸ˜‰

Anyway, as a reward for this long review, the same day it was written, next chapter jaldi, plis. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

What you said is what I am going to say, in a different way in the upcoming chapter. I agree. Adharma has to be destroyed. It is then that justice is established. 
That's how it should be πŸ˜³
Not exactly. As days go by, I have more experiences than I can imagine. 
It is coming in a short while πŸ˜³
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: lexy_rix

Perspectives can be many. 

But it doesn't mean certain perspectives are wrong. At the same time, every perspective can be argued further by extending the basis of that perspective. 

One can't just stick to one singular point-of-view and argue on the basis of that alone πŸ˜‰

I love how you hit the nail on the head πŸ˜‰

Please continue πŸ˜Š

Exactly Divi πŸ‘πŸ‘
That is how it should be, and all our discussions on it will help me develop the next couple of chapters πŸ˜³

SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arijit007

i am confused, i don't know what's more impressive, the update or the conversation of you and shruthi? btw, i hope laksh is ok.

Laksh will be Bhaiya πŸ˜³
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Blessed to get  an opportunity  to read such wonderful discussion on varying perspectives in different times or rather in different Yugas ! 

Acc. to me there are two different thoughts regarding our Epics --- a God descended to earth as a man  to rectify the   faults , disparities deeply  rooted in the society then , for that he gifted us Gita , and  another thought is --A man tried to evolute his Spirit to reach to  the upper realm , the Spiritual sphere to become God , in that process King Ram eliminated demons , but throughout his presence on Earth ,  stand there as a man , a human being , as an Ancient King , a king at the time of  a  yet to developed society  ! That is the  purpose behind the Dasavataram , 10 incarnations of God , which is nothing but an evolution theory ! Lord Ram represented the developing society , Krishna represented the fully developed society or era  -- for me, Dwapar Yug is more developed than today's scientific knowledge  and our perspective regarding the Cosmos !
Very interesting discussion , just to write few lines came here into this thread  because I know Krishna Priya is a good writer and a very good thinker ! 

I agree wholeheartedly Madhuri πŸ‘πŸ‘
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

This was wonderful! Not everyone can pour out their emotions like Dharani can!

She is the Earth, after all πŸ˜³
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nonie12345

Wonderful chapter SruthaπŸ˜ƒ

I agree with the point that people bash any character by misunderstanding the character. First they should understand the characters then they can bash it, most times positive characters always get bashed

Thank you Nonie πŸ˜ƒ
Exactly πŸ˜³
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Hi all :) I am back :)
This is a more philosophical chapter. Many of the verses in this will be familiar to you, as the Lord Himself says it. This is on why I feel Arjuna needed the Gita. This is just my perspective.
Read and review :)

PHILOSOPHICAL MEMORIES

Mrinalini sighed, and looked at the open books on her table. She had to study, but her heart and mind were dancing in a Yuga that was ten thousand and odd years ago. Her being was thinking only about one person, and that reflected on her restlessness to not be able to study. She had exams, but she wasn't able to study. She and her Bhabhi were going through the same thing. Both victims of teachers likes and dislikes. But they aren't teachers. They are people who call themselves that. They aren't teachers, and much lesser are they Gurus. There were a very few Gurus left in this Universe. But Mri's happiness was that the Jagadguru was her Bhaiya, her support. He was one person who understood her need to be rash at times, her need to be impulsive, her sudden impulses to do crazy things. He was the one who loved her to the moon and back, just like a brother would do his sister. Any time she felt lonely or simply sad, she could always feels His Divine aura around her, as if telling her that she always had Him, and that she had no reason to fear.

Dharani paced around her room. The memories she was having was different this time. It revolved around the more philosophical aspect of her Lords, especially Lord Krishna. Her heart and soul was trying to figure out the order of her memories. She was thinking of the Bhagavad Gita, and what her Lord had told her. Why He said Arjuna was the one who had to get the Gita, and not any of the other Pandavas. Why Arjuna had to see His Viswaroop to believe and feel what the other already knew. Why it was Arjuna who had all the niggling doubts.

Lord Krishna, in her point of view, had agreed to be Arjuna's charioteer as He knew that Arjuna would require His guidance. The symbol of Hanuman showed the speed of strength of the chariot. Hanuman's guidance was required, as Hanuman was a Dharmaveer. That's what it all came down to. Dharma or Karma. Dharma, by far, is more important than Karma. Not to say Karma isn't. But Dharma is, most definitely. The battle of Kuruksetra needed Dharmaveers more than Karmaveers. Arjuna knew Dharma, he was yet to realise it fully. That is why Arjuna needed the Gita, while the others didn't. He was so much of a Karma veer, that Krishna was required to teach Him what is the necessity of a Dharma veer. Unlike his elder brothers and wife, Arjuna hadn't realised it yet. And that is why the Lord had given Him the Gita.

"Bhama, I will teach Partha the Song of God", said Lord Krishna. "It will be called the Bhagavad Gita, and when one understands the essence of it, they will reach salvation"

"I can tell you the essence of it without hearing it", said Satyabhama, smiling lovingly.

"And what is that?", asked Krishna, twinkle in His eyes.

"You Are", said Satyabhama. "The very essence of Everything is You Are. Reality is an illusion. You are the only truth"

Krishna smiled, knowing His wife had gotten the essence of the Gita in one go.

Her theory for Arjuna getting the Gita had been confused at the beginning. Yet now, as she tried to understand every human, as she channelled her empathy into understanding, she was able to understand every character, understand their approach. She was able to judge a Kaliyugi easily, even miles away, by simple lines they write or speak. She knew exactly who was who, and what. But one thing she didn't like in people was ego. Ego was one of the worst things to have, and when one thinks the world revolves around them, that is ego at its worst. To be unable to understand the illusion surrounding one is difficult, yes, but to understand one has an ego is extremely difficult. God doesn't like ego. He will cut it down in His own way, just like He breaks the illusions surrounding various people, be they devotees or not. He was easily able to make Duryodhana think that the Narayani Sena was more powerful than Him, in the end showing that it was He Himself who was much more powerful. But that truth Duryodhana realised as Krishna brought out justice in the Dharmayuddha that is Kurukshetra. The yuddha didn't happen because of Panchali. She was the catalyst, due to the insult she faced. The yuddha would have happened one way or the other, for one, it was a deep-rooted enemity that came before Panchali did, and two, and more importantly, it is needed to bring out Dharma and to let Dharma flourish. Only when Adharma is destroyed can Dharma flourish. Thus, the Kauravas had to be destroyed. In a way, Lord Krishna going as the peace messenger ensured that the war took place, due to Duryodhana's selfish greed.

"Dharani!"

How is it that her mother always managed to destroy her train of thought by calling her? In a way, it was reality calling her. But in all technicality, the reality she lived in itself is an illusion.

"Coming!"

Dharani rushed out of the room to go to her mother. She was pretty sure it was lecture time for her.

Shyam smiled forcefully, trying to ignore the gnawing of His heart and the sadness in His mind.

"She will face the same troubles, right Narayana?", asked Lord Shiva.

"Yes Mahadev. The same ones she faced as Sita, Radha, Bhama, Alamelu and Andal", said Lord Narayana. "But she will come out of it"

"She has you. She will", said Lord Shiva.

"She is a form of Aadi Shakti as well", said the Lord. "She can take care of herself"

"She can, but you are her Everything. Her existence is nothing without you, just like the rest of us", said Mahadev.

Trust Mahadev and His words to have a profound effect on Him. Shyam shook His head, when He heard His friend call out to Him.

"Shyam, this is Shiva", said His friend Rakesh.

Shyam and Shiva's eyes met, and both smiled at each other, enigmatically.

Hari and Hara had met.

Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
It was a lovely read😊
I did read a joke a few years back as to why Yudhisthira didn't get Gita gyaan despite being Dharmaraja. 

Just imagine if Krishna had started talking about Karma Yoga & Bhakti Yoga to Yudhisthira. 
Yudhisthira being the wealth & source of knowledge of Dharma & all, it would've led to a series of arguments & counter-arguments between the two of them (& Krishna being younger to Yudhisthira could've never told him,"Shut up!") - to the extent that the Kurukshetra War would've never commenced at all!!🀣
Edited by lexy_rix - 7 years ago