Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadyMeringue thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: NidsJ

Exactly... I also first scroll down entire chapter... uske baad hi padhti hu..

Kya din aa gaye hain na yar.. We are afraid from that joker... 🀣

Ek to vaise hi interlude ke baad we can't wait upar se dreading chishani

This conversation has got me literally cracking up at 5:30 in the morning like an idiot for goodness knows what reason. πŸ€£πŸ€£ Ahem, on a more serious note, technically speaking this is how the original Chirag in the show is also sketched but Ravjeet somehow ended up making him so comical and memorable... πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ And not to forget the ChirVeer love we got... man, they make me nostalgic... πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

Just pray that things work in my favour and I manage to get the updates for this book done quickly. πŸ€”πŸ€”
LadyMeringue thumbnail

Originally posted by: dvprt418.py

Seriously we weren't afraid of the joker which was on show but LM's chirag is dangerous.
And more than that I hate to read those love saga of chishani which our dumbo queen will write with utmost interest honestly I never watched that chishani part in the starting of the show.
See LM what you did to us πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Oh yeah, unfortunately enough he's dangerous enough to even give me the heebie-jeebies when writing him. πŸ€’🀒 And I think I was half asleep still because when the first time I read this post, I thought you called me 'dumbo queen' and I started laughing like an idiot before realizing that you meant Ishaani. πŸ€£πŸ€£

On a more serious note, if you would have watched the initial phase of ChIshaani, you've have wanted to give her a chamaat in every single episode for the way she roamed around him all love-sick once she confessed her love for Chirag, and your heart would have broken a little more with every episode seeing who Ranveer was literally living with the agony of watching her behave all love-sick for Chirag and watch him bear that silent torture for her. πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί So I think you were smart to miss it in that way... otherwise though, the quality of the dialogues and the storyline was at its best, though under-appreciated. πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

Honestly, I can see karma being a bitch to me already. πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
behirlover thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LadyMeringue

Oh yeah, unfortunately enough he's dangerous enough to even give me the heebie-jeebies when writing him.🀒🀒And I think I was half asleep still because when the first time I read this post, I thought you called me 'dumbo queen' and I started laughing like an idiot before realizing that you meant Ishaani.🀣🀣

On a more serious note, if you would have watched the initial phase of ChIshaani, you've have wanted to give her a chamaat in every single episode for the way she roamed around him all love-sick once she confessed her love for Chirag, and your heart would have broken a little more with every episode seeing who Ranveer was literally living with the agony of watching her behave all love-sick for Chirag and watch him bear that silent torture for her.πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊSo I think you were smart to miss it in that way... otherwise though, the quality of the dialogues and the storyline was at its best, though under-appreciated.😭😭

Honestly, I can see karma being a bitch to me already.πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

Sabr ka gal meetha. Well we are doing that only but here you fal has got a dangerous keeda. Also your suspense is another thing that gives jitters .
And well I was smart enough seriously because I just had a glimpse of her stupidity when while surfing through channel I came across that scene when she orders ranveer to make coffee for chirag thwn only I didn't liked so never watched I started watching after I saw in promo that they are married as I knew ekta very well so tried to avoid it as much as much as I ca.
And honestly whenever ranveer would pop up then I would burst in laughter no matter what he speaks and then I used to remember chirveer chemistry seeing them together you guys had totally reversed it.
Haww you can never be dumbo queen how come I can call you that.
Now wait for Interludes have Increased bit more as we have to go 17 chapters of them.
-FlameOfHope- thumbnail
Arey, I am not shipping FinchVeer. 🀣 But I guess, Aaru will fix their match. 🀣
LadyMeringue thumbnail

Originally posted by: dvprt418.py

Sabr ka gal meetha. Well we are doing that only but here you fal has got a dangerous keeda. Also your suspense is another thing that gives jitters .
And well I was smart enough seriously because I just had a glimpse of her stupidity when while surfing through channel I came across that scene when she orders ranveer to make coffee for chirag thwn only I didn't liked so never watched I started watching after I saw in promo that they are married as I knew ekta very well so tried to avoid it as much as much as I ca.
And honestly whenever ranveer would pop up then I would burst in laughter no matter what he speaks and then I used to remember chirveer chemistry seeing them together you guys had totally reversed it.
Haww you can never be dumbo queen how come I can call you that.
Now wait for Interludes have Increased bit more as we have to go 17 chapters of them.

Oh yeah, that keeda makes my heart go bitter so often these days.  Haila, just bear with me, I'm trying to get the updates done as quickly as I am. πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ Would have had the chapter done much earlier too had I not lost my data for the chapter because the server crashed. πŸ˜‘😑

And oh yeah, she made my blood boil really too much with all those antics of hers even though it wasn't really her fault since Ranveer was the one playing Mr. Match Maker here. πŸ₯±πŸ₯± But yeah, ChirVeer were just... love. β˜ΊοΈβ˜ΊοΈ And if you want to see more sizzling chemistry, watch the 9th October, 2014 episode. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Hehe, I know you won't call me that. πŸ˜³πŸ˜³ Like I said, sleep makes me stupid at times. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† And strike that out, it's 16 more to go now. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
LadyMeringue thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FlameOfHope-

Arey, I am not shipping FinchVeer. 🀣 But I guess, Aaru will fix their match. 🀣

Rab ne bana di jodi. πŸ€£πŸ€£
LadyMeringue thumbnail

Epistle 84: For Better of For Worse?

A/N: Hey there everyone! :D :D Here is the next update! :D :D

Happy Reading! :D :D

4th November, 2007:

This has been the weirdest day ever.

You know how I was supposed to be going with Papa to meet his best friend and his family, right? Yeah well, that happened. And you won't even guess who his son is! The same guy who spilled coffee upon me at the airport! Can you believe it?! And it was just when I reached home that I even realized it. I'm not even sure he remembers it either. I mean what are the odds, really? And that's not even the weird part - the two of us have spotted each other thrice today since morning somewhere or the other!

The odds are astronomical!

First, I spotted him at the coffee shop hanging around with a couple of friends, where I and Gayatri (my college classmate) had gone after the lectures had ended. Then, I spotted him again at the same florist from where I was buying some blue-purple orchids for myself, and then again, I spotted him near the library where I had to return my book. For a moment there I was almost certain that he was following me, but it couldn't be since he was there at all the three places before me.

And I think what remained pending that day, I completed today. Well, I did get into a fight with him. Well, not a fight exactly because I was in my own lalaland and he was just trying to be friendly. So I snapped at him and was kinda rude to him. But he... I don't know, he was just so patient. Nobody is ever this patient with me, except Ranveer.

Well, I guess I better tell you the whole thing right from the start then.

They had a small get together at their place for us since they wanted us to meet their son, who'd just returned from US. I had no inclination to go because I usually never do, but somehow Maa and Papa both seemed to want to take me along. I've been rather aloof these days and they felt that I did need some fresh air apart from the hours I spend all alone, either painting or reading a book or just by playing the piano. I didn't want to go and I put up a good fight, but there was no Ranveer to help me out over here this time.

So, I had to go. There was no other option, to be honest. And so, with a surly face and an even ill-tempered mood, I accompanied the whole Parekh clan to this "friend's" house, just thinking of what I was to paint the moment I got back home. Well, I've completed fourteen paintings so far, and they're all turning out to be absolutely superb! Papa wasn't sure initially about what I was up to, but now that he's been paying more attention upon me, he's really been liking my work. Says that I could become a good painter too. And seeing how passionate he is about paintings like that, this was a huge, huge compliment from him.

Err, where was I? The meeting, oh yes.

So, we ended up at their how and Keertan Uncle and his wife greeted us at the door with the typical high society etiquettes. Had Ranveer been here, we would have sniggered so much, but alas. And his absence only made the void grow more painful in my heart and that managed to put off my mood even further. Everything just felt... wrong, without him.

And then, amidst our conversation entered their son, and the man of the evening, apparently. Chirag Mehta. MBA topper, only son to the Mehta heirloom and the entrepreneur in the making, like his father put it so passionately. He came over and touched my parent's feet instantly until he stopped near where I stood and smiled, putting forth his hand.

My first evaluation upon him? Smart, good looking and definitely a mystery box. Unusual and someone to watch out for. Still waters run deep. His eyes felt familiar but I couldn't place it, really because I was so busy reeling from the shock of realizing that the unknown stalker from today was actually the heir of the Mehta clan. How weird, really. My mother slapped my back lightly that managed to snap me out from my thoughts and I hastily put forward my hand, feeling flustered.

"Chirag," he introduced himself and I nodded.

"Ishaani."

"That's a nice name," he remarked politely and I nodded my head. Honestly, I thought he was trying out one of those lame flirtatious lines and that put me off even more so. Apparently, I was thoroughly mistaken.

"Thank you," I replied blankly, hoping that he'd take the clue that I wasn't interested in anything of the sort.

I honestly don't know what I was thinking or even why I was getting so judgmental and pissed off at everything he did. Ranveer would call it a hormonal imbalance. But I think I was just trying to put up a shield and protect myself. It's almost been a month for Ranveer to leave and I'm still reeling from the emotional strain and the low phase that I've been going through. Defense mechanisms just pop up. Not my fault.

Sorry, where was I? Ah yes, Chirag.

He took back his seat again and conversations resumed. The women around kept talking about their kitty party circles with more gossiping and bitching while the men spoke about their business ideas and triumphs. I sat between the two groups, hearing everything yet taking in nothing. And Ranveer's absence only kept weighing harder and harder upon me until I abruptly stood up and walked outside the house without any word.

I simply sat by the fountain-side, staring away at the botanic beauty of the garden outside the mansion when I felt someone sit beside me. On turning around, I noticed that it was Chirag again. If I'm to be honest with you, I wanted to punch him in the nose for a reason I couldn't place. But I do have an inkling why. I mistook his concern for sympathy. And sympathy is the one thing that I cannot take ever. I thought he was just like those typical high society boys who flout their fathers' money by trying to be sugary sweet when all they want is lust. It seems that I was mistaken, again. No wonder Ranveer says that I suck at mind reading.

"Are you alright?" asked Chirag, a slight frown upon his face. I noticed that he was fiddling with his thumbs.

"I'm fine," I replied stonily, wondering why he was behind me like a leech, if I must confess.

God, the amount of miscalculations in judgments that I've made today are seriously astronomical! I think after all of Ranveer's art of manipulation crap, I've simply become incapable of trusting anyone at all.

"Are you sure?" he asked me again, turning his fullest attention towards me as he put a hand upon my shoulder in the gentlest of touches.

I still didn't bother to look at him, though. And it wasn't because I was trying to be rude or anything, but I don't know. It was as though my mind kept bringing up this weird kind of blockade that kept yelling out to me to not look into his eyes. Why my mind was acting so funny, I couldn't say though. But somehow, I found myself incapable of listening to my brain anymore. So defying all the warning bells, I threw his hand off of my shoulder and turned to look at him straight in his eyes.

"I said that I'm fine, damn it!" I roared at him, unable to bear what I assumed was more fake sympathy. And I gasped.

In return of my gaze came the most powerful pair of eyes, sparkling brown in the night lamps with a power that just... I don't know, disarmed me. There was something... extraordinary about the power with which our eyes met that managed to shake my entire soul. Those eyes... I've seen that same kind of intensity somewhere, but I couldn't place it in that moment. I still can't. But what I couldn't help but notice was that he was the first person who managed to make my soul reverberate with the power of our eyelock as strongly as Ranveer could.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy there, tiger," he said genially as he raised his hand in surrender. I turned my face away from him to look at the sky that was as barren as my life left without Ranveer. The moon was terrified of being alone in the sky without the stars. And so was I without Ranveer.

"Don't call me that, and don't pretend like you're my friend. Because you're not," I emphasized, not bothering to sound courteous.

There was a power about his personality that made my heart prickle uncomfortably. It was as though he had the capability to delve into the deepest of my fears and insecurities without even really having to try. All he'd have to do was lock gaze. I wanted him out from there as soon as I could, even though it was his house. I just wanted him to get away from me as far as he could. And when Chirag remained patiently silent without showing any intention to get up, it riled me up even more so.

"Why were you stalking me today?" I asked him suddenly, hoping that he'd just leave me alone if I remained rude with him continuously. He looked at me, bewildered.

"What?" he asked, surprised. My question had taken him off-guard.

"Don't try to act smart, okay?" I shot back acidly, throwing him the dirtiest look at I could muster.

And I think that did push him to the limit of his patience. And well, I'm ashamed to admit that I was rather happy that he looked so because I thought that it meant that he couldn't fake the kindness any longer. Again mistaken.

"Excuse me, I have a life, you know?" he retorted, now sounding borderline annoyed.

There was a thin line between ego and self-respect and I mistook his to be of the former. Apparently, it was the latter. I really don't know why he even bothered putting up with half of the crap I gave him.

"Who do you think you are, really? I didn't even who you were until Dad introduced me to Harshad Uncle and his family," he defended, and I actually had the guts to scoff at him before looking at the sky again.

I just wanted him to leave me alone because his gaze was beginning to make my heart prickle for a reason I couldn't understand. It was as though he was trying to hook his way into my mind.

"Why have you come here? Just go back to your social gathering," I spoke with disdain and I saw him cock his eyebrow at him out of the corner of my eye.

"I came outside because I saw that you were feeling left out and I wanted to cheer you up. It seems that it was a wrong call, apparently," he remarked and stood up, putting his hands back into his pockets.

"Yeah thanks for all the concern. I'm happy all alone," I snapped, keeping my eyes resolutely upon the inscrutable moon, as though afraid that the fire in his eyes would scorch my soul.

There was something rather... fiery about his gaze that held my own in a hypnosis yet fear at the same time. God, how I wished that Ranveer were here so that he could tell me what all this meant!

"Even loners needs company at times. It's what gives them the strength to embrace loneliness with choice, not circumstances. Think about it," he added, as though after an extra thought.

And I don't know what happened suddenly, but I dared to look at him for the second time. It was his tone that had caught my attention, really. More like the mystical aura of his tone that did. But unlike the last time, I felt my heart sag the moment our eyes met. Gone was the super-confident and la-di-da attitude of his. In lieu stood a guy who looked... tired. Lonely.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him, suddenly unsettled.

I knew that look upon his face. It was the same one I had whenever I let the facade fall away. And I could atleast recognize the difference between putting up a facade and letting it fall away. And this was the latter, my heart yelled. My brain still seemed confused with everything that was going on. I don't know what's gone wrong with the stupid thing though.

"Nothing. But just think about it," he advised and began making his way towards the mansion, making my heart squelch in what I realize now was guilt.

Guilt for hurting him unintentionally. It wasn't his problem that I was going through a low phase. If anything, he'd tried being nice to me and to make me feel comfortable just so that I couldn't feel lonely. And look at what I'd done in return. God, I've actually forgotten what it's like to recognize the difference between someone being genuinely nice to you or just being so for some ulterior motive!

"Chirag?" I called out, deciding to trust my heart on this for once since my brain still didn't seem to give me a clear answer. Ranveer always tells me to trust my heart because it'll never guide me wrong. I don't know whether it was my heart or just instinct, but I decided to trust that little voice in my head anyway.

"Yes?" he called back, turning around and looking at me in surprise.

"I- I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have gone berserk on you when you were just trying to be nice," I admitted, wondering how difficult it actually was for me to say the word 'sorry'.

After all these years with Ranveer, this is one word I've rarely ever used and it's all his fault that he's pampered me so much! I never really knew that it'd ever be so difficult to say sorry, or even more so that someone actually managed to retrieve a heartfelt sorry from me, that too a complete stranger, no less.

"It's okay. I realize that you need some time alone," replied Chirag good-naturedly as he shot me a reassuring smile. I shook my head, flashing him an apologetic smile. Well, that was all I could do, really. It was embarrassing, my behaviour.

"Would you mind giving me some company? You do seem decent enough," I confessed, and he gave me a thoughtful look. After a minute's worth of more pensiveness, he finally granted me a small smile and took his seat beside me again.

"Sure," he replied and both of us fell silent, neither one of us looking at each other again.

I could feel the air around us get awkward after our initial start off that was as rocky as it could get  while the silence only kept getting stickier and stickier. Until, I decided that it was better so say something rather than sit in the unbearable quiet of the night where even the buzzing of the fireflies seemed louder than usual.

"This is really embarrassing," was all I could think of saying, really. It was such a stupid thing to say too, I know, but that's all I could think about. My voice seemed to snap Chirag out from his thoughts as he flashed me a reassuring smile.

"Hey listen. There's no need to be embarrassed, okay? In fact I should be the one embarrassed for intruding upon you like that," he admitted and I couldn't help but smile at him.

Well-mannered and simple, from what I could guess by the way he spoke. His eyes hardly ever made contact with mine as though he was too shy to meet them. Why was he being so sweet when I deserved no such treatment, I don't know, but I liked it nonetheless. It had been almost a month since anyone last gave me this kind of respect.

"You don't need to be so sweet," I told him, unable to resist the smile that crossed my face. I don't know, but after that initial show down, the calm suddenly seemed so... right. So welcome, like a blast of fresh air from the suffocating atmosphere of where my mind had held me in prison.

"I get that very often," joked Chirag, and both of us laughed uproariously.

There was nothing as such to laugh upon it, to be honest, but it was just the way he said it that made me laugh. I always appreciate guys with good wit, but sadly no one so far could even touch Ranveer's standards when it came to it. Maybe finally, he might have a competitor in this arena.

"Popular, eh?" I heaved in response after both of us had sobered down considerably. I'd not laughed like this since almost a month. Since Ranveer's birthday, to be exact. Wow, what have I been doing with my life in this one month, really?

"Just saying," he replied, throwing his hands up in the air for the second time that evening.

Oh, those little nuances of his only made me feel a little more comfortable because... okay, this is going to sound really stupid. But because they reminded me of Ranveer. God, Ranveer's driven me crazy! Anything and everything reminds me about him! And I think I spent five whole minutes staring at Chirag, lost in thought about how all those resemblances were so uncanny when my line of thoughts came to an abrupt halt all of a sudden. But this time, the question slipped from my tongue even before I was consciously aware about it.

"So, MBA topper, eh?" I asked, giving him an inquisitive smile. Chirag flushed at the mention of this achievement.

"Oh God, Dad can get really embarrassing at times. He just exaggerates," replied Chirag quickly, as though too embarrassed to say anything further.

And in that moment, the images of Ranveer flushing the same way crossed my mind whenever Papa would praise him like this. Eerie. Honestly, what kind of freak show was this that my mind seemed hell-bent on playing with me?

"You just reminded me of my friend," I whispered absentmindedly, and Chirag looked confused.

"Friend?" he asked, and I flushed. I hadn't meant to let that out to him, but now that I had, I didn't really regret it either. It was the truth and something that I was immensely proud of Ranveer about always. His humility and modesty.

"Yeah, he's doing his masters in Sydney right now. He'd also always get awkward whenever anyone praised him so much. Prefect Perfect, I'd call him," I added suddenly, more to myself than to Chirag, but he heard me anyway.

"Prefect who-?" he asked, looking even more puzzled o than ever and I couldn't help but chuckle.

Ranveer was a mystery that even left strangers baffled with the stories associated with him. And Chirag just proved my point too. But somehow, I liked talking about Ranveer to whoever was willing to listen. Just talking about him made him me feel like he was right next to me in flesh and blood even though all that floated across my eyes were memories.

"Prefect Perfect. Prefect because he was one in school and even went on to become the Head Boy as well, and perfect because... well, he was perfect at everything he did," I explained further and Chirag gave me a soft smile.

And it made me like him a little more because it was for the first time that someone was actually paying me such good attention in a long time. I'd forgotten somehow that a world existed beyond Ranveer too. And maybe, just maybe... it wasn't as bad as I thought of it to be. It was for the first time that I was genuinely enjoying myself in someone else's company, and I don't even know why. Chirag just made me feel... comfortable. At ease. The same kind of comfort that Ranveer would always provide. And I could see the genuine interest in Chirag's eyes too.

"Wow, sounds like quite a gem, this friend of yours," was his remark upon what I'd just told him and all I could do was smile proudly. Anyone who praised Ranveer always earned brownie points from me.

"He truly is," I replied, suddenly feeling lighter at heart. The unease was dissipating as the fog in my brain began descending away. And with it came certainty. Chirag Mehta was certainly unusual than the usual lot he came from. And he made me feel better from my usual dope of misery. Anyone who made me feel respected and relaxed and the tad bit cheerful that I felt now was much more than welcome. I liked the warmth after the harsh cold of my own drowning miseries, and I'd fight tooth and nail to cling on to that warmth that made me feel alive for the first time in a month.

"That explains why you feel so lost," remarked Chirag suddenly, and the smile faded away from upon my face as an involuntary gasp escaped my lips. Being moody was one thing, but how did he get that so quickly? Was he a mind-reader like Ranveer too? Why was he so alike Ranveer?

"What do you mean?" I asked, unable to keep the fear out of my tone.

And yet I wanted to bare my soul out to him, vulnerable and weak as it was. I wanted to see how I could sustain the world without Ranveer's shield. I wanted to see how strong I was or how much anyone could read me truly.

"He seems pretty close to you," replied Chirag, and I could see the sudden caution in the way he chose his words. He clearly didn't want to rub me off the wrong way after our first little spat.

I gave out a half-hearted sigh. My brain was just acting stupid for no reason, and had contracted what I'd call Ranveer's 'reckless mania'. Maybe I was feeling reckless because I was vulnerable. I don't know.

"He is. So tell me about yourself," I said suddenly, wanting to change the topic once and for all.

It was a stupid impulse and I was regretting my little daredevil stunt already, especially with the way Chirag was staring at me now. The fire in his eyes had dimmed down to make them much more appealing to stare at, but it somehow kept drowning me in a sort of hypnosis that I couldn't place.

"Well, what do you want to know?" he asked, and I knew that he knew I was changing the topic. But he let me do it anyway. Seriously, did I judge the world too harshly or do good guys still exist apart from Ranveer?

"MBA topper back to India? Planning to continue with your father or venture out on your own?" I asked, the questions leaving my lips one after another in continuity with such ease that it surprised me.

I'd never been to have an easy conversation with anyone so far the way I was having one with Chirag. With Ranveer, it was hours and hours of relentless talking and I still wouldn't tire and neither would he of listening to me. But Chirag was just a stranger - and yet I could see that the gusto was genuine in the way he was interacting with me. And that gusto made me feel even better.

"I'm hoping to revamp Dad's business. Give it a whole new angle," he told me and suddenly, I saw the same passion flare up in Chirag's eyes that I'd often see in Ranveer's eyes whenever he would talk about the stock markets. Freaky. Seriously freaky.

"Oh, sounds interesting! Any plans on it so far?" I asked, hoping that he wouldn't somehow catch on to my train of thoughts since I couldn't help but smile drunkenly every time I thought about how similar Chirag and Ranveer were.

"Can't tell you now if I did have them though, can I?" joked Chirag, and yet I could sense a seriousness about his tone. It was as though he was suddenly on guard, his eyes now looking tense.

"Why not?" I asked him foolishly and he rolled his eyes at me. Well, it was rather foolish of me to ask that, to be honest.

"Well, confidentiality issues, you know," he replied, shrugging his shoulders helplessly. This was a limit of coincidence, really! What on Earth was the matter with me? Either the world was going crazy or I was. How much more creeping similar could the two of them get?

"Oh okay, I get it. Wow, you really do remind me of my friend so much. He was also all about the confidentiality about whatever happened at the office," I said, and I think Chirag sensed the unease in my tone because he very subtly changed the topic the next moment.

"Oh wow, your friend has got a job experience too, then?" he asked, looking at me innocently.

All those little nuances! It felt good after a long time to see someone stepping back to give me the upper hand when these days it's only felt as though all of the world's sacrifices were piled around my neck.

"He's been working with Papa since he was fourteen. His unofficial advisor at the stock markets," I whispered to him, as though in confidence. His mouth fell agog in shock and what I thought was more of a gobsmacked look.

"You've got to be kidding me," he exclaimed with a deadpan look, and I shook my head.

"There's a reason I call him Prefect Perfect, you know," I told him jovially and both of us laughed for five whole minutes. I don't know what was so funny really but we both laughed. And hell, it felt good. This was the first time I was laughing like this since Ranveer's birthday without a care in the world.

"You sound like a giddy school girl," breathed Chirag heavily after finally managing to catch his breath. I coughed a little as the laughter ceased eventually, only to leave behind a slight tension in the air.

"What?" I asked, feeling confused. This was new.

"What's the scene between the two of you?" asked Chirag suddenly, now looking at me seriously.

There was a strange glint that danced in his eyes... And that glint just seemed to captivate my attention. Wow, this is never happened before except with Ranveer. Damn it, everything was related to Ranveer in something or the other!

"Excuse me?" I asked, once again feeling that same tension mount in between the two of us. Chirag gave me a hesitant look but spoke up nonetheless.

"Well, it's very obvious that you care for him," said Chirag, and I could sense the caution in his tone as though he was afraid to blow me off the wrong way again. I think I'd really frightened the poor guy rather badly with my earlier outburst.

"So?" I shot back, a little stronger than I intended it to be.

Well, he was getting a hang of my psychology much faster than I'd have liked it too and I didn't want him to go about assuming all sorts of things without knowing the facts. Why did it matter though, I don't know. But it did for some very odd reason.

"I'm asking you," he replied innocently, raising his hands in surrender again for the third time this evening.

"We're best friends, that's all," I replied, sighing quietly. Thinking about Ranveer and myself that way felt... wrong. I don't know why but it did. I could never, ever think of Ranveer that way.

"It's good that way, you know? A friend to cherish for life. I wish I had someone like you have your friend," exclaimed Chirag, giving me a reassuring smile. And all I could do was thank God. He might have almost planted a very stupid idea in my head.

"What do you mean?" I asked suddenly wondering whether there was something more to what he wanted to say or no.

"Obviously I have loads of friends, but I don't have anyone who'd care for me because of... me, you know? It's all either because of my father's money or because they're too afraid to be on the wrong side. I've never had a real... friend, you know?" he confessed and I suddenly felt my heart bleed for him a little. I could understand very well how that felt.

"I know how it feels. Obviously I had no issue for people befriending me because of my money," I commented suddenly, and he looked surprised.

Well, in my defense, I've been too starkly honestly with him all through the evening and I've told him things that I wouldn't even tell my "supposed" friends in my right mind. And yet, I don't know. I just felt comfortable doing so. Sometimes, you just need a confidante who you can share things with who you barely know because it helps you gain a better perspective. Or make you feel better just venting out, as has been in my case.

"Then?" he questioned me, and I shut my eyes in prayer.

I didn't know whether he knew what I was about to tell him or how much he knew upon this matter but I somehow wanted everything to be crystal clear between the two of us. Why again, don't ask. I've been a confused soul. But either way, I decided to take the plunge.

"No one really befriends me because I'm Harshad Parekh's illegitimate daughter to the world. No one likes to be on the wrong side of Baa. So I've been friendless all my life like that. But God sent Ranveer to me as a messiah eleven years ago. And since then, I've never turned back because Ranveer's never given me a chance to," I admitted bitterly, and chose to stare at the moon again. Why were there no stars in the sky at all tonight? The stars had never left the moon before in isolation. Then why now?

Chirag stared at me silently for a couple of minutes, and sighed finally.

"Wow, I really wish I had a friend like that. You're so lucky," he added, and the longing in his voice made me smile ruefully. Oh, I was lucky to have Ranveer in my life... the luckiest.

I just wish that I wasn't so selfish.

"That I am," I remarked, giving him a small smile as I decided to put a break upon my thoughts.

Enough was enough. I had to pick up the pieces and get back my guard again. Before either of us could say anything further though, a helper walked up to us and told us that dinner was being served. Chirag nodded his head and ushered the helper away kindly before getting to his feet.

"Oh, they're calling us for dinner. You coming?" he asked, signalling me to get upon my feet.

"Sure!" was all I could say as both of us made our way back to his house silently, both of us lost in our own thoughts.

As was to be expected, dinner was as grand an affair as I could imagine it to be with the seven-course meal that the helpers had so precariously decided for the special guests. The meal ended with desserts and alcohol, all the men returning to the drawing room for further discussions while the women stayed back in the living room and gossiped some more. Chirag and I took a stroll around the park in complete silence, neither of us knowing what to say.

And even though it was more than three quarters of an hour that we had been walking aimlessly for, it felt like just fifteen minutes when the same helper came out and told us that everyone were leaving and we calling me back to the car. Chirag led me back to the entrance where Maa had just bid goodbye to his mother and had promised to attend her next kitty party.

I touched both Uncle and Aunty's feet as they shot me a pair of dazzling smiles, and it felt... decent, I guess. They didn't seem to have those accusatory eyes, and neither did their smiles feel artificial as much. Or maybe I was too busy reveling in the happiness I felt to even give a damn. But either way, Aunty asked Chirag to drop me to the car, and so without another word, he did exactly that.

"I had a good time, tonight. Thanks," I told him as we came to a standstill right next to the car.

It was indeed a refreshing night after so long and I could not deny that this was an impossible feat that made me feel better. Socializing with strangers. What was next now, falling in love?

"My pleasure. Besides, it was rather fun getting to know you too," remarked Chirag, suddenly looking shy. I couldn't help but notice how cute it made him look.

I think there was definitely something wrong with my head, because this was certainly something that'd never happened before. Me warming up to a stranger's presence so quickly and becoming such quick friends. Like Ranveer always says though, there's a first time for everything, I guess.

"Cool. See you around, then. Not stalking, ofcourse," I joked, and he laughed awkwardly.

"Obviously. Will run away ten miles from you if I spot you again," he replied, running his hand behind his hair awkwardly.

"I'm not even that bad, you know," I commented, slapping him across his arm.

"I know, I know, kidding. So..." he trailed off, looking hesitant.

I knew what he wanted to know. Boys. But somehow, I don't know why, it didn't feel so wrong. Chirag did seem like pretty decent folk. And besides, I don't know why but I actually enjoyed his company. He listened to me patiently, cracked some pretty good jokes, made some upon himself too and made me laugh loads. I guess I liked having that after Ranveer left because for the last few weeks, I've only been wondering whether I'd even be able to laugh again or feel happy again. And just on impulse, I gave him my number.

"9892456743."

"What?" He asked, looking surprised. I couldn't help but laugh at the astonishment upon his face, as though he was clearly having trouble believing what I'd just told him.

"My number. I see that you were thinking about asking me for it," I whispered, and he shot me a quick smile as though he was a child caught at mischief. How predictable could boys get, really?

"Mind-reader, eh?" he remarked shrewdly, a kind twinkle in his eyes as we both gave each other a knowing look.

I didn't have an issue flaunting how well I could read minds, even though Ranveer always said the contrary. Well, no harm in bluffing, right? And besides, I'm not even that bad at it. I'm just not as good as Ranveer is, that's all.

"Boys. Obvious as heck," I replied confidently and the two of us laughed again.

"I was actually thinking about being a little more subtle," he confessed suddenly, rubbing his temple casually by the flick of his finger. I cocked my eyebrow at him curiously, urging him to speak.

"What might that be?" I asked him, and he flushed dully.

And let's just say that it made me even more curious. Curiosity always kills the cat, Ranveer would tell me. God, he's such a sage! Has an advice for everything at the tip of his tongue. But for the first time, I wanted to see where this new establishment of a friendship of sorts took me.

I couldn't forever abandon living and mope around because of Ranveer's absence. He wasn't the only one with dreams and ambitions - even I was. And I had to get back upon track. I had to get back into the fight alive and kicking. And if that meant learning to trust people wisely, I was willing to give it a shot. And somehow... I don't know, there was a sudden surge of a thrill that I felt with the exposure that our conversation had, Chirag and mine's. What had gotten into me?

"If you're free tomorrow, you mind going for a walk in the park in the evening?" he asked me, looking at me with a slight embarrassment and I gasped. Well, this certainly was the last thing that I was expecting, to be honest.

"Err..." I whispered as my eyes darted around the place, my mind too puzzled about what to say.

Until they fell upon my mother, who I suddenly realized had overheard our entire conversation. I blushed furiously as she nodded her head vehemently, asking me to say a yes. I scowled at my mother and shook my head at her to remain silent, but as luck could have it, Chirag was the one who spotted it instead.

"What?" he asked again, looking uncomfortable now.

I gave him an unsure look, suddenly deciding to play it safe. I didn't want to go but I didn't want to say no either. Something kept nagging behind my mind, but I couldn't say what.

"I never knew that boys can be so sensitive too, rather than typical ones. Especially the rich ones," I told him stupidly but all he did was shake his head. He looked nervous, suddenly.

"You need to change your perception then. Especially since your best friend is a guy," he added and I cocked my eyebrow at him as though in challenge.

"He's Ranveer. He's different," I shot back defiantly and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed," he said, and simply smiled.

And I don't know what happened to me all of a sudden but the way he just looked at me... It was the same kind of look that a person had when he was in dire need to company and wanted someone to be there. And I could surmise from our interaction this evening that he lacked a real friend who could see him for him, and not what the world saw him as. A cash cow. And then again the prickle erupted in my heart at the thought of how it truly felt, seeing that even I was sailing in the same boat.

"You know what, maybe I will," I told him even before I'd consciously come to a decision. But he didn't whoop or celebrate like I thought he would. He just gave me a grateful smile and that was assuring, somehow. Well, I did want to give it a shot and see where it took me.

"For real? I thought you were a tough cookie to crack," he confessed, the somberness of his tone making it evident how much he was genuinely looking forward to having a friend and how surprised he actually was from getting an affirmative from me.

Well, I still don't know what I was thinking and whether I do really want to meet him tomorrow. I might probably cancel the plan last minute though. I'm not sure. But anyways...

"I've never had an easy conversation with anyone so far. You're an exception. And that makes me wonder..." I told him honestly and he sighed.

"So you're willing to accompany me tomorrow because you're curious?"

"Sort of," I admitted again. He smiled.

"Okay, I'll take that. I'll let you know the time tomorrow," he replied as he opened the door of the car for me. I still caught the edge of the door though.

"How?" I asked, thinking about what he could possibly have up his sleeve now.

"I do remember your number," he replied cheekily and that earned him another slap on his shoulder.

I'd forgotten also about giving him my number even though it was just five minutes ago. Stupid me. But I won't deny, he's a good talker. He has a way with the words. I better be careful or else I'll have a Ranveer Part 2 on my hands soon enough. But nobody can beat my Ranveer. Because he's the best. Period.

"Goodnight and take care."

"Same to you. It was nice meeting you," I told him as I finally sat into the car, my eyes still not leaving him. He was rather fascinating, in my opinion. He leaned against the open window of the car and smiled at me once again.

"It was nice meeting you too. You know that your life is going to change forever, right?" he asked suddenly and I my heart stopped beating for a moment with what he'd just said.

I couldn't understand what it was meant to imply because my brain seemed to have begun fogging once again. So all I could do was satisfy myself with a curious look.

"For better or for worse?" I asked him with a smirk, hoping that he'd back down. And he did, but not without a final wink as Maa signalled the driver to put the car into gear.

"Let that be a mystery for now."

And before I could say anything, the car revved up and he waved us all goodbye, the vehicle finding its way upon the graveled path of the gate and upon the smoothened roads. Well, this meeting was certainly a mystery that I couldn't decipher because it was both exhilarating and puzzling for some very odd reason. It was as though there was clarity yet ambiguity, honesty yet deception. I'm never used to getting anything so easy in life, friendship the least. And so, I don't know where life is going to be heading towards from this point forth, nor where this newfound acquaintance with Chirag is going to be leading to either.

Towards the better or the worse though, only time would tell.

Constructive criticism will be more than welcome and sorry for any typos. :D :D

Next chapter:
Epistle 85

Edited by LadyMeringue - 7 years ago
NidsJ thumbnail

Hey LM... interlude 18... πŸ˜Š

Beginning from their dreams... First thing is they are back... and their timings, I mean as they are back together but still far apart from each other and here comes their dream to pester and frightened them, and Ishani saw Chirag and also the same Ranveer, must be hell frightening for her, seeing him dying while protecting her and cause also is her past mistake, sigh... she is already pressed under her guilt and this dream is also doing no good... πŸ˜”

And then there is his dream... he saw his entire life, all the time trying to protect Ishani and dying several deaths to save her but in between pushed her too far and now she is not with him and he also forgotten what is he doing... them the snakes come with that imposter... and our JD Ranveer saved that bunny until it bite him and he is down (for a moment Ritika ki yaad aa gai yar 🀒 )... but then ishani came and saves him and in the end both are engulfed by fire... means they are dead? end thoda kam samajh aya but I was thinking and thinking who this gray eyes is and then u mentioned Shanella...
I was thinking ke what is this happening who this imposter is and will he be able to recognize him coz its difficult to imagine that this dream will turn into reality 😭 but its good that u introduced her in next part and above that Ranveer recognized her.. now he know her he'll be careful and above that he is already on mission... thanx for this mercy on us dare hue readers and that Ishani saving him was kinda surprise but I am taking it as ke apne paap bechari ko khud hi dhone padenge at the end... but but but all this assumptions and theory hold value only if my connections is right... u did gave many hints of rabbit but still I am keeping myself ready for any big dhamaka.. 

And now moving to the main contents... here they are in the meeting, for business but what are they doing... observing and admiring each other...  πŸ˜† Ishani is speaking and he is impressed and happy for her and then he start speaking and ishani has her eyes only on him... Ishani's part was just awesome...πŸ˜† the way u wrote her thought process was really ROFL...🀣 and did Ranveer knew meeting ke baad kya karna hai coz otherwise why he needed to remove his coat and vest also in AC room is quite questionable.. 😳 she was observing him quite closely haan, itni khushi vali moment for our girl but then comes Shanella and her smile is gone... both knew her but Ranveer ki batti kuch jyada hi jaldi jal gai and immediately he understood entire scenario although not sure but still believing and following his instincts, impressive ⭐️, and then here is Ishani trying her best to remember but in between Shanella's gandi nazar on Ranveer with Ishani remembering her at the same time and bas ho gaya kaam πŸ˜†... Ishani explode but that was too direct... 😲 her dialogues are too too funny but the result was bad... he send her out, mujhe to laga ki vahi Ranveer ki dhulai na karde but for now she is gone but as we know her silence bring even bigger storm n vahi hua... πŸ˜†

Now Ranveer spreading the net for fish with his plan but Ishani comes at wrong time and saw the wrong thing... iske baad to pagal hona hi tha use, how much hard work she had done to bring him here and ye ranveer kya gul khila raha hai... and then in her cabin Sunny is back, although now she is not only Deol, now she has Leones traits too, and Ranveer is pushed to the wall 😈... this entire part was magnificient, I am not writing particularly coz otherwise to I'll quote the entire conversation but how beautifully u described their emotions, more than their words feelings was there, hats off to u for this πŸ‘ πŸ‘, from her anger to jealousy to guilt with him reminding her what she did in past and now he is not the old Ranveer which Ishani cannot accept, and then the testing time for both, he is asked to prove something which he knew he can't but still trying until Ishani do his bolti band...πŸ€ͺ the moment blinds went down I knew ke aaj to kuch hua hi hua but they are quite fast, 2nd meeting me hi babies lost control..🀣 but only few moment of weakness and they pass out soon and what remains is again the dead souls with their masks on and back to their mission.. sigh...they both need a lots n lots of healing... πŸ’”

In between one thought also stuck my mind is power of his love, how brutally ishani broke him that night but still she knows he love her and can say that with full confidence, she doesn't know his entire past but still how haq se she is claiming him as hers where she knew she'll get him back, in show also Ranveer always gave her the reason to trust his love so blindly where she can spend her entire life in his embrace but with this comes back the unfulfilled expectations... kash Ranveer was also given the chance to feel the same security for once...πŸ’”

And after all this the final result is sweet...πŸ˜ƒ Ranveer is shocked of his kartoot but finally he got a tab on his confusions... there is something drastically wrong and he has to find it, well how much Piyush will reveal to him is doubtful but still kuch to batayega hi 😊and this Ishani is getting mad with her addiction, 4 scars, its getting too much.. Ranveer needs to know everything really really soon... 

U know LM this is what I wanted to tell u that plz plz make them intense in future and this is what u perfectly did and I hope to see even better as we proceed😳 bt why r u back on epistles... I can't count how many times I've read this chapter ab to yaad ho gaya hai, it's like I lost myself in it n ab next book ghus hi nahi rahi hai mind mein...πŸ€” will now start afresh from 81... but u plz update jaldi jaldi... n haan Ishani invited him for dinner also na, was it on 9thor 10th..? waiting and waiting  and abhi bhi there is some points which I left but for now I think it's already more than long.. keep writing... πŸ€—

NidsJ thumbnail

Sabr rakho, mere bacchon.  Sabr ka phal meetha hi nahi, haseen bhi hota hai. (okay, do not ask me why I quoted Ranveer's dialogue from that aggressive SR πŸ€£β˜ΊοΈ) Err, just so if you are wondering if I'm talking about Chirag, then no I was talking about the future chapters only. πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

And don't worry, the nightmares aren't there in this book. Chirag is nightmare enough to jhelofy. πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

we r waiting and waiting for that meetha phal... πŸ˜ƒ and haseen to hamare babies ke liye hoga... πŸ˜‰ and please explain why... coz he was funny there... sahi se seduce bhi karna nahi ata dhakkan ko... our extra shareef idiot... 
NidsJ thumbnail

This conversation has got me literally cracking up at 5:30 in the morning like an idiot for goodness knows what reason. πŸ€£πŸ€£ Ahem, on a more serious note, technically speaking this is how the original Chirag in the show is also sketched but Ravjeet somehow ended up making him so comical and memorable... πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ And not to forget the ChirVeer love we got... man, they make me nostalgic... πŸ˜­πŸ˜­

Just pray that things work in my favour and I manage to get the updates for this book done quickly. πŸ€”πŸ€”

oh yes... Ravjeet was full comedy... pata nahi kaise funny funny se expression deta rehta tha u above all his face was also not villain types... πŸ˜†

and chirveer ke to kehne hi kya... Chirag was most intense with Ranveer... πŸ€£ don't know why they killed him so early to accommodate that headache Ritika...