||Paper Towns: Margo Roth Spiegelman||

..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi! So the thing is I just finished John Green's Paper Towns and I am still not certain how about my feelings for Margo. I mean I can understand when she says the town and people are all paper, I can understand when she doesn't like her parents but I cannot understand her reason for doing what she did. I can understand her through Q's perspsctive more than her own.

I get that she is a wanderer and I get that she hates Rules, but what I dont get is what is she looking for and if she is looking for anything at all. If she is protecting herself from hurt then I dont see how can she do that forever.

By the end I feel either I dont really like Margo or I am seeing things wrong. I liked her better on the revenge night than towards the end.

If you have read Paper Towns, I would really like you to discuss your views on Margo Roth Spiegelman.

-Chitra

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Starwalkers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I couldn't finish the book, I skipped to the ending halfway.🥱 
All I see is Quentin worshiping Margo. At the end I was like what the heck does she mean, so I went through goodreads, I'd like to quote the review here. 

"Margo is a mystery. She can get into anywhere, take anything she wants, and all the legends surrounding her turn out to be true. Before she goes missing she leaves clues for Quentin; following them ultimately changes his perspective on life in the last few weeks of his senior year."

"Margo uses the term "paper" to describe things that are insubstantial, whether it is buildings made of cheap materials or people who are basic. Like An Abundance of Katherines, Green continues his theme of living a life that matters; one that is whole and interesting and has an impact on others."

..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Starkheart.

I couldn't finish the book, I skipped to the ending halfway.🥱
All I see is Quentin worshiping Margo. At the end I was like what the heck does she mean, so I went through goodreads, I'd like to quote the review here.

"Margo is a mystery. She can get into anywhere, take anything she wants, and all the legends surrounding her turn out to be true. Before she goes missing she leaves clues for Quentin; following them ultimately changes his perspective on life in the last few weeks of his senior year."

"Margo uses the term "paper" to describe things that are insubstantial, whether it is buildings made of cheap materials or people who are basic. Like An Abundance of Katherines, Green continues his theme of living a life that matters; one that is whole and interesting and has an impact on others."

LOL. You skipped? Why?

Margo calls herself a "paper girl" so if she is calling herself as basic and her living insubstantial, then what is the point? Coz accodding to her a change in place changes nothing. . .Its all the same everywhere.Paper.