Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: BertieWooster

@bold

Even the same couple will have different equations at different points in time too 😊

Nobody is subservient to anybody...and like someone else said earlier in the thread, it is for us to appreciate and assume our strengths and move forward...and for men to understand and appreciate the same...and vice versa of course...of course, within a relationship, there is the common courtesy of consultation...but certainly not subservience..!

Beautifully said, totally agree with you. 
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
True Shruthi
Even today the matrimonial columns ask for a fair, educated, earning but 'homely' bride! Now in some cases if the shoe is on the other foot ,it is generating a lot of heat about today's 'modern girls'.I have 2 daughters of my own and woe to anyone who tries to undermine their sense of identity. I hope they are strong enough to break this society's  so called beliefs, when they grow up. Go girls!😉
Savita
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Savitha you don't have to tell me. I hear comments regularly like we don't want a bride working in IT. You will work day and night right. It takes all my composure, all my patience to stay quiet.
And then there is another category. Couple of weeks back I had a called a prospective groom's father to get the details of the boy for a close relative of mine.

This man asked the girl's age, qualification whether working or not and then said in an arrogant way ok they can share the horoscope. I was not going to let go of it like that. I politely told him I have few questions. I confirmed boy's age, where he is working, his position in the organization, his birth star, time of birth and told them, the girl's parents will contact them if the horoscope match.

We didn't proceed with that alliance as I told my aunt, the father's speech was so arrogant with me and I would not want my cousin to be in such a house.  
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Yes shruti
I keep telling my young cousins to have a set of their own questionnaire for the groom and his family...can you imagine how popular I am with their traditional conservative parents!😉
savita
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: avalonhigh1234

True Shruthi
Even today the matrimonial columns ask for a fair, educated, earning but 'homely' bride! Now in some cases if the shoe is on the other foot ,it is generating a lot of heat about today's 'modern girls'.I have 2 daughters of my own and woe to anyone who tries to undermine their sense of identity. I hope they are strong enough to break this society's  so called beliefs, when they grow up. Go girls!😉
Savita

Wow Savita I too have 2 daughters and I totally agree with you 
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
HI Arshi
Thank you.
HERE IS TO OUR GIRLS!
Savita
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail