Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadyMeringue thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Interlude 2: Cold Shells of Love

A/N: Hey there everyone! :D :D Here is the next update. :D :D

A small warning: the chapter is quite dark, so please, if you are not comfortable reading dark things, give it a miss.

Happy Reading! :D :D

Love. Scars. Love. Scars.

The entire book was flooded with it. A woman in her mid-twenties flung the book aside tiredly as she shook her head, slightly disgruntled by the harsh reality the book conveyed. For something named as "Caffeinated Love", the book was more than enough to give her insomnia.

Oh', she gasped as slapped herself mentally. She got the reference of the title finally.

She remembered the unbelievable success that the book had received when it was published four years ago, people instantly falling head over heels in love with Ben, the protagonist. He was just the guy every girl dreamt about - smart, handsome, caring and above all, a man with a big heart. Funnily enough, for a book based on the romance genre, it held different in-depths of mystery as well so that by the end of the book, the reader was simply left stupefied.

Ben and Sarah's blood-filled love story remained splattered not just upon the pages with such breathtaking beauty, but upon their hearts as well. There was no wonder why the book had become a cult, receiving such raving reviews about the sheer simplicity yet brilliance of the story. The author, however, remained anonymous behind the mask of his pseudonym.

She remembered how she had remained depressed for a whole week after the book.

And as irony could have it, that was the last week that she remained depressed for. Picking up the powdered pieces of her heart and her life alike, she decided that it was time to turn around her life. It was time for some action. It was time to win back the things that were truly hers. And since that day, there was no stopping her. As funny as the name Ian Hake-Parish came across to her, this mysterious man had ridden her of all her grieves. For the first time in those two years, she was actually free.

The flung copy hit the cardboard box right beside her, the book instantly opening to the fourth page. Crushing her brows together in something that she hadn't noticed before, she quickly picked up the book again, seeing what had attracted her attention in the first place - the dedications. There were two special dedications made along the page apart from the general one thanking God and his parents.

To I.P.

My first and only true love, for whom my heart beats forever. I have never loved another woman like the way I love you till this date. I write this in hope that you'll remain happy forever and that my sacrifice was worth it all.

To R.V.

My dearly beloved, whom I dedicate this book to as a final parting gift. May you receive all the happiness in the other world, something that you were deprived of in this cruel one. My love for you will never fade away.

The woman let a momentary smile cross her lips before she scoffed. Love, that at one point of time was the center of her fascination, now no longer had that appeal in her life. Standing up and shaking her head shamefully, she tossed the novel back into the cardboard box with the ones that sat in wait of its new guest with jeers and snickers, the lively characters on the lifeless cover pages vibrant.

She picked up another stack of three more books and took it along with her, leaving her previous world of romance to die in a cardboard box within the confines of an unused storeroom. Taking the three books to her room on the first landing, she heavily deposited them upon the study table pushed carefully against the faded peach walls.

Turning her back upon them, she walked along the corridor till she decided to go upon the terrace. Needless to say, her feet did hurt her a lot in the sordidly hot month of October that had just set in. And despite the fluffy slippers she had upon, the pain was something her eighteen-hour use of stilettos earned her unashamedly. But then again, pain was something that she had become more than accustomed to in those six and a half years. Opening the rusty door of the terrace, she walked along the sparkling marble tiles with her head held high, overlooking the magnificent view before her eyes.

The front of the mansion overlooked the gardens where she could see the gardeners trimming upon the variant plants precariously, mowing the grass alongside. A rich fountain stood ground amidst the heavenly beauty, the soft splashing of water muted to her ears yet the visual effect nothing short of a treat. Walking along the length to the opposite side of the terrace, she noticed the beach in the distance where the water glowed turquoise, shining under the strong sun like the glitter of a several thousand diamonds.

The beach was empty at that time of the day, making her smile all-the-more. She had several fond memories with that beach, having shared them with a boy she believed would be with her no matter what. Always. Until she pushed him away. She knew how to give scars to everyone, herself included. Some mental, others physical. Taking a deep breath of the fresh, calm air around her (something that she believed was uncharacteristic to the atmosphere of Mumbai), she headed back into the house. The only thing she left behind was the little girl who could afford to linger upon the blazing tiles of the terrace, along with the same boy whose memories were all she had to make herself content with.

Heading back towards her room once again, she quickly entered the washroom and prepared herself a bath, simultaneously keeping her clothes ready for the day. Having the necessary files stacked on the study table, she headed back into the washroom, the peaceful aura calming her mind down instantly. Slipping off the silk robe from upon her body and freeing herself of her slippers, she immersed herself into the cold, scented bath that awaited her, shutting her eyes as she drifted off into another world.

And even before she knew it, she felt herself slide under the water completely.

The woman walked into the office with a grace that made all the employees spring up from their chair, as though shocked. She walked towards her cabin in purposeful strides, her above knee-length black dress and the accompanying full sleeved-blazer making her look deviously stunning to several of the men who gazed at her with frightful reverence. The women, on the other hand, found the presence of the black net stockings well required. Several of them eyed her glossy stilettos in envy.

The woman, however, remained oblivious to the ruckus her appearance caused each day in the minds of her employees. She entered her cabin as two men followed her tail, making sure to not have the day of their boss started off with a foul mood. Heavens knew what hell Miss Parekh could rain upon the ones who'd crossed her path on the wrong day.

The moment she seated herself at her desk, she looked up at both of her employees smartly.

"Ma'am, the deal with the Saxena's have been finalized. The boy was being a little unreasonable with the terms and conditions of the profit sharing, but we managed to get our way with him. This joint venture will certainly bring us quite the penny, ma'am."

"Thank you very much for the astute remark, Mr. Rishi," shot back Miss Parekh coldly, cocking her eyebrow in his direction. "But as it is, I hope not to see that boy working with me."

"Ofcourse not, ma'am. Mr. Saxena will be handling the deal himself. Junior was just there to supervise the signing of the deal and to check upon the terms being agreed upon."

"Pish posh," exclaimed Miss Parekh dismissively, a cue that his point was taken. Shaking her head in the direction of the other employee, she perched her chin upon her delicate fingers. "And what about you, Mr. Puneet? What do you have to offer today?"

"Well, we've received six proposals for the temporary venture of the diamond consignment due to London. None of the candidates seem to fit the personal criterias you've set for them."

"And what about the special request I've made you?" she asked meaningfully. Puneet broke eye-contact with her.

"It seems that the particular deal that you asked for isn't going to be possible. He's currently unavailable," said Mr. Puneet frightfully, as though the whole thing would somehow end up becoming his fault.

"Hmmm. Never mind it, then," said Miss Parekh lucidly, her pony tail shaking in a pendulum along with her head. "We'll see what's to be done about that later."

"But ma'am, we cannot delay the consignment procurement any further, or else-"

"Mr. Puneet," she cut in coldly, the person in question ceasing to speak immediately. "I've brought up the entire Parekh Empire right back from the ashes. I run a leading construction company and a reputed diamond business as well. Let me not have to remind you that I conceive of the consequences way before you do. But my condition is final - I am not to carry out the deal unless and until my request isn't carried out."

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but-"

"No buts, Mr. Puneet. If you aren't to find a way around this predicament, consider yourself terminated within a month."

Mr. Puneet stared at her intently for a few minutes before he knew that it was safe to speak again.

"I don't think that the scenario must get so bad, ma'am," began Puneet rather grudgingly, his tone catching Miss Parekh's attention at once. He continued. "I can contact the other partner, Mr. Finch. He isn't directly in line with the diamond company, but he works as the active partner for the adjacent chains of resorts that are under their ownership."

"That's a much better response, Mr. Puneet," she remarked, smiling for the first time that day. "Besides, my collaboration with him is because he's the expert on the diamonds - I'm just a novice."

Both the men nodded their heads somberly, Rishi taking over once again.

"And ma'am, the markets have been plummeting steadily. What do you suggest we do so that our portfolios don't get too affected?"

"You don't have to do anything for that. Keep your focus on Pharma and FMCGs. That should lament our problem to a certain extent," replied Miss Parekh confidently.

"And what about the trading?" asked Rishi uncertainly.

"Play smart," she answered, as though it was the most obvious solution.

"Mr. Puneet, you are a natural at it, so I'm trusting you to see this through," she added, looking at the man in question quietly. The latter caught her eye and gave her a re-assuring look. Turning to look at Rishi again, she spoke authoritatively.

"And Mr. Rishi, I will need you to have a close watch upon the Saxena's. They may have signed the deal but I don't trust them one bit." Rishi nodded his head in clear understanding.

Miss Parekh smiled, both the men considerably relaxing alongside.

"Will there be anything more, ma'am?" asked Puneet tentatively.

"No. Have a good day, both of you. Mr. Puneet," she called back just as the two men had nearly exited her cabin. "I've approved of your paid leave for a week for the next month. Is that alright with you?"

"Yes, ma'am," said Puneet, giving his boss a dazzling smile. She may have been a strict authoritarian, but everyone knew that she did have a heart of gold.

"Brilliant. The two of you may leave then."

Miss Parekh returned back home, her shoulders drooped and her head aching. After six meetings and a good amount of yelling at several employees for their carelessness that would have almost cost her company a deal of 22 crores had she not asked for the final inspection of the files intuitively, she felt disgruntled and irritated with everyone and everything. After the murderous look she had upon her face when she overheard two employees calling her a cold, manipulative bitch, nobody dared to cross her path that afternoon.

As her car entered the glorious gates of the Parekh Mansion, she sighed gloomily. There was a time where the same house meant paradise to her. Today, the same house spelt loneliness. There was no mother standing by the threshold to wait for her, nor was there a father waiting to pull his little girl into his arms. There were no cousins to make her feel like the queen Mumbai crowned her as, nor was her only friend standing by the door, his eyes always scrutinizing her own to see if she was happy.

The house was as ghostly as it looked. The only thing that lived in the house apart from her were the memories of the past, along with members of the house help staff that outnumbered her by fifteen times.

She silently headed up to her room where a dinner tray followed her soon enough. The food that she had was excellent in taste and yet it lacked the feeling of a loving hand. A loving mother behind it. Eating her food mechanically as a tear dripped from her eye unconsciously, she could not help but feel the fact every second that there was no one to wipe away her tears, or even so much as offer a sympathetic consolation. The helper quickly took her plate away once Ishaani had completed her dinner, the latter now staring at the door vacantly even though the helper was long gone now.

Cold, manipulative bitch. That's what they called her. Maybe that's who she was.

She got up from her bed and quickly slipped into a satin white nightie once she entered into the washroom, shutting the door behind her and locking it. Walking up to the mirror, she stared at her reflection, hard. Her eyes had gone red. Cold, manipulative bitch. It was easy for people to tag somebody so easily.

Maybe that's what you became when you had to live a life full of loneliness and solitude. Maybe that's what you became when you were left poverty-stricken after your father passed away in an electrocution accident in his office when you were barely aware of how cruel the world could get. Maybe that's what you became when your mother passed away few months succeeding your father, leaving you more alone than ever.

Maybe that's what you became when your husband divorced you months after marriage just because you were no longer the chicken laying golden eggs. A chicken he had a thirteen-year bone with to settle in the most heartless manner. Maybe that's what you became when the people you once called family abandoned you and sought a better lifestyle. Maybe that's what you became when you had to build an empire with your own bare hands.

Maybe that's what you became because you trusted too much.

She continued staring at herself, her black, steely eyes constantly eyeing her flawless arms glowing luminously under the dim washroom lights. Goodness knew her arms had seen worse when she was in the process of mastering the art of perfection. Much worse. But she had only been gaining self-control. She wasn't doing anything wrong. She slowly walked to the cabinet beside the mirror and swung it open, removing a scalpel from it. She felt the cool metal flow through between her fingers seamlessly, making friendly contact against her skin. She could only remark upon how cool the metal felt.

Just like a cold, manipulative bitch.

She smirked at herself as she kept aside the scalpel. She wouldn't be needing it after all. And before any other thought could flit through her mind, she left the washroom, her head held high. She was in control, and no one could take that away from her. Especially not a bunch of workers who thought they knew life better than she did. Letting out a light yawn, she crawled back into her bed and pulled the blanket up to her tummy, feeling secure.

Taking an old, yellowing book from beside her bedside table, she opened the page that she had bookmarked earlier, her heart instantly ceasing to beat as the first few words hit her just as harshly as the first time when she had said them to him.

"You are not my friend."

Constructive criticism will be more than welcome and sorry for any typos. :D :D

Next chapter:
Epistle 20

Edited by LadyMeringue - 7 years ago
ShadikaIshVeer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Unres πŸ˜³ 

Interlude 2:Cold shells of love

Damn do my girl know how to write, Seriously, I really need those writing session ASAP😳. You just blew my mind away with this, okey I will stop gushing (for a while) and come to the chapterπŸ˜†πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

Okey red rosed & chocolates to my love, cause you just nailed this chapter. Loved the tittle, it fir shoo perfect for the chapter. LM, you what people call "beauty with brain", I am shoo in love, sighπŸ˜†πŸ˜³

I can hear you say "Dramaqueen much"🀣

Okey so I loved how you started with "Love. Scars. Love. Scars"  The book written by Ranveer  ( my guesses on it ) is about love, scars, love and scars and the story is THEIR story ( IshVeer ) .IshVeer lovestory has always been about scars & love.

Hehe all the girls drooling over Ben , falling head of heels for him that reminds me when we all fell head over heels for Ranveer. I am so "guilty in charge of that "πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I used to sit on the edge of my seat when matsh used to start 😳😳 . How times flies , before I start sobbing on your thread let me go onπŸ˜­πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Loved this :

"To I.P.

My first and only true love, for whom my heart beats forever. I have never loved another woman like the way I love you till this date. I write this in hope that you'll remain happy forever and that my sacrifice was worth it all.

To R.V.

My dear beloved, whom I dedicate this book to as a final parting gift. May you receive all the happiness in the other world, something that you were deprived of in this cruel one. My love for you will never fade away."

I.P must be Ishani Parekh & R.V must be Ranveer Vaghela , I loved their words to each other. It actually gave me chills, because you so beautifully and with few sentences you captured their love❀️. That is the power of my LM 's writing😳😳 Just like a boss😎  

The beach part stole my breath away so beautiful, I could actually imagine Ishani seeing the memories with Ranveer on the beach  in front of her eyes.πŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈ Your writing is like watching a painting sometimes, just plain beautiful.

Okey so this is my guesses (I am really bad at guessing games so you are warnedπŸ˜†) so Ian Harsh Parekh must be Ishani Harshad Parekh ( but that seems to be easy as well). I think that Ishani before parting her ways with Ranveer, gave him her diary and Ranveer had combined their stories and wrote the book out of it .

"Maybe that's what you became when you were left poverty-stricken when your father passed away in an electrocution accident in his office when,  you were barely aware of how cruel the world could get. Maybe that's what you became when your mother passed away few months succeeding your father, leaving you more alone than ever. Maybe that's what you became when your husband divorces you months after marriage just because you were no longer the chicken laying golden eggs. Maybe that's what you became when the people you called family abandoned you and sought a better lifestyle. Maybe that's what you became when you had to build an empire with your own bare hands." Loved this ,so Ishani married Chirag and that idiot was always just a gold digger But Ishani never loved him , her heart only knew to love Ranveer so dont worry sweetie , your true love will heal those scars πŸ˜³

Ishani makes the whole world think she is a cold hearted B ( I cant say that to another womenπŸ˜•  ) which she is really is not. But she is really good at making everyone presume she is , but I loved how you explained it with this:

"Maybe that's what happened when you trust too much.

She continued staring at herself, her black, steely eyes constantly eyeing her flawless arms glowing luminously under the dim washroom lights. Goodness knew her arms had seen worse when she was in the process of mastering the art of perfection, much worse. But she had only been gaining self-control. She wasn't doing anything wrong. She slowly walked to the cabinet beside the mirror and swung it open, removing a scalpel from it. She felt the cool metal flow through between her fingers seamlessly, making friendly contact against her skin. She could only remark upon how cool the metal felt.

Just like a cold, manipulative bitch.

She smirked at herself as she kept aside the scalpel. She wouldn't be needing it after all. And before any other thought could flit through her mind, she left the washroom, her head held high. She was in control, and no one could take that away from her. Especially not a bunch of workers who thought they knew life better than she did. Letting out a light yawn, she crawled back into her bed and pulled the blanket up to her tummy, so that she felt secure.

Taking an old, yellow book from beside her bedside table, she opened a page that she had bookmarked earlier, her heart instantly ceasing to beat as the first few words hit her just as harshly as when she had said it to him the first time.

"Because you are not my friend."

I loved this chapter so much my beautiful SenoritaπŸ€—πŸ€—, you are such a talented writer😳😳 and I can't wait to read your novel one day πŸ‘πŸΌ  Keep writing brilliantly like you do, and girl do you make me fall for you more & more.😳😳😳

Love you so much sweetie❀️❀️

Yours MM

( congratulation dearie with 88 pages )
Edited by ShadikaIshVeer - 8 years ago
behirlover thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
πŸ‘ a standing ovation m standing on my bed nd gvng u dis standing ovatn u seriously deserve it my family is laughing at me BT dey dnt knw wht masterpiece I hv read
Sry thts d nly thing m feelng rite nw 😭 😭
I jst cannot imagine nymore u hv turned d story total upsidedown m feelng short of wrds dis chp ws beyond that also πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Ip is perfectly describing d cold bitch phrase I jst loved loved her attitude nd style more than rv m lovng ishani in dis 😳 😳
Yr seriously dis tym u hv mastered all chp I cn certainly say tht dis ws d best one till nw of all nd looking d way u r writing dese days I think m gng to change my opinion soon enough πŸ˜‰
LM love u so mch yr u r gvng us so mch sadistic pleasure I mean sumthng a story which v al wanted to hv
Dis chp ws seriously d best
⭐️
Nw to m hvng so mch curiosity tht I CNT evn tell you plz update next part soon
Bloomfield thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
LM!

This was beautiful, I must say. I loved it...πŸ‘πŸ‘ And dark too😳😳 Poor girl, she's in depression! And she was married?😲😲

And she's reading Ranveer's book! Expected this! The acknowledgements were so cute <3 The way you wrote about Ishani turning into another business tycoon was⭐️⭐️ We needed that always😳😳

And she's missing people and she's lonely😭😭 Wish you take care of her asap and make her come out of the depressionπŸ˜•πŸ˜• And the way she's staring at her staff! A slice of RV in those parts, I must say.πŸ‘πŸ‘

And the cliffhanger, again...Let me wait, all again!⭐️⭐️

Overall, a dark chapter! ANd I loved it!

#Yours3fan
AV
Edited by Bloomfield - 8 years ago
Duskyylilac thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7
Its superb πŸ‘ πŸ‘ I feel sad for ishani
kimnana thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
she is in depression but she manages to come out 
wow bold ishani full of attitudes ...saving the CO. from loss of 22 crore πŸ‘
bold ishani doesn't care abt staff talking at her back 
ty for pm
StreamOfHeaven thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
oh my God LM what to say about your writing woohoooπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
you are always amazing wow😊😊 I never thought this story like this😊
your story is unique😊 but please don't update very fastπŸ˜†πŸ˜† 
ThanksπŸ˜›
Edited by Ishveerian - 8 years ago
VC288 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Whooa!!! So this is your next game changer!!!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
I am totally blown!!! You have turned the world of ishveer upside down, no no,you have twisted it so much that I can't even explain it. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Ohh,I loved bold,strong ishani with attitude!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒSuits her more than Ranveer!! Loved this part!! So ishani lives alone? Oh,it's so sad!! 

And she was married???? Oh,Though I know that you will manage it too well, but then also yrr! 😭I am not able to digest it.but I'm sure you will make it worth while!!! Trusting you for this one!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Oh,thanks for updating soon!! And do update soon!!

With loads of love
Your fan⭐️⭐️
VC288

Ps- sorry in advance deariee!!!for my exams are starting in a week and so I will not be able to reply on time and frequently!!!
IshveerIsLife thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VC288

Whooa!!! So this is your next game changer!!!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

I am totally blown!!! You have turned the world of ishveer upside down, no no,you have twisted it so much that I can't even explain it. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Ohh,I loved bold,strong ishani with attitude!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒSuits her more than Ranveer!! Loved this part!! So ishani lives alone? Oh,it's so sad!! 

And she was married???? Oh,Though I know that you will manage it too well, but then also yrr! 😭I am not able to digest it.but I'm sure you will make it worth while!!! Trusting you for this one!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Oh,thanks for updating soon!! And do update soon!!

With loads of love
Your fan⭐️⭐️
VC288

Ps- sorry in advance deariee!!!for my exams are starting in a week and so I will not be able to reply on time and frequently!!!

Hey LM  πŸ€—  This chapter was something different. You changed everything and that was so perfect πŸ‘ πŸ‘ I loved Ishani's attitude! She changed a lot like she don't care anymore...it was awesome dearie πŸ˜³ It gave me shock when I came to know that she was married and I really don't know what to say about it but will waite for it. Thankyou for pm and update soon πŸ˜³

IshveerIsLife thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail