Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: pree_28

Its a good chapter 😊 Rudra nicely answered all ques. and poor
Paro felt guilty..
So now after court case Rudra need to find solution for the problem
waiting for him at home.
PS- I too wish.. can you give some Parud moments in between 😳
        (Always greedy for them 😆 )

Thank you 😊. It's inevitable for her to feel guilty. Even though she was driven by fate, she feels sa about misjudging a good man.
Rudra is not going home yet. More Parud moments after the next update
pavinitishiv thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
cleverly written...need parud...please update soon with some heartwarming romantic parud
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: pavinitishiv

cleverly written...need parud...please update soon with some heartwarming romantic parud

Thank you. One more drama update then back to romance 😉
firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rithuuu.. waiting for the next chapter ðŸ˜Š
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: firsttimehere

Rithuuu.. waiting for the next chapter ðŸ˜Š

Posting it now 😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

CHAPTER 38

His door was slightly open and she knocked once before pushing it open. The posters which were once in Rudra's room now adorned these walls. She realised that she had never come to this room before. "Sumer bhaisa?" she called out nervously. He came up from behind and grabbed the plate from her. She gasped in shock. Maybe this was a bad idea. From the cross look on his face, he didn't look too friendly right now.

"How could you want to help her? Haven't you forgotten what she put Rudra through? Won't he be hurt by this?" he scolded as he gobbled the treats she had brought. Paro thought for a minute why would Rudra have a problem with Shatabdi. He knew she was encouraging her friend's relationship with his cousin. Though they weren't very close but he didn't seem averse to the idea. His only comment on it was to let them set the pace for their relationship. She had done just that. Shatbadi was the one who wanted to get a gift for him. She only suggested a cd with Deepika Padukone hits since she was his favourite actor.  She never thought it would evoke such strong reactions from a man who was slowly becoming friends with her.

"But Bhaisa..." she started to apologise when he held out his hand.  "I don't want to hear all the wonderful things your Thakurainsa did in your Birpur. She has hurt us a lot and doesn't deserve your kindness or anybody else's," he said. Paro understood why he was angry enough to raise his voice against her. He hated Thakursa and his wife like the rest of the Ranavats because of the way Rudra was affected by this. Inwardly she smiled. There was a time when the same young man would team up with his mother to rub salt on Rudra's wounds. And now they are being so considerate towards his feelings.

"It was my fault bhaisa," she pointed out. He told her that she should be proud for herself for that and consider it as vengeance for her acts against Rudra. "What did she do to Rudra?" Paro asked confused.  Sumer realised his slip. She didn't know about their history with Mala yet. "She...uhmh..." he stammered when Samrat intervened. "She held Rudra at gun point before her arrest," he explained grimly. Paro felt a prick in her heart, another little detail which she had forgotten. She hated the idea of someone holding a gun to her husband. One more mistake by her Thakurain against the people she loved.  She decided to move her back to her cottage as soon as the doctors confirm that she will be able to take care of herself.

"Sumer, I know you are still haunted by the image of her trying to shoot Rudra but you can't shout at Paro for that. She is your bhabhisa," his brother shouted at him. Sumer frowned. "The elders in the family have discussed this. She stays until Rudra returns," his brother stated definitively. It took a few extra seconds for his brother's words to register. "Ok then he will perform the taandav and we will all celebrate Shivratri. Have you all lost your minds? Rudra will destroy everything? This house. This family. Even your dear saali whom you are so protective of will never be the same.  He will go back to being a Jallad again. Our entire world will turn upside down", he started to panic.

Paro started to wonder if the Jallad will return or if Sumer bhaisa was being over dramatic when her phone rang. She left Samrat bhaisa to explain that it was Thausa's decision and stepped out of the room. "Paddu aunty, how are you?" she answered with a smile. Her face turned grim when she realised what had happened. "I'll find out and call you back," she replied and rushed back in.

"Sumer bhaisa?" she called out with her voice atremble. His glance softened when he noticed her worried face. "I'm sorry. I should have been more polite," he apologised. She shook her head. "No, that's okay. You were concerned for Rudra. I understand. I...actually wanted to talk about something else," she stammered. The two brothers looked at her flushed face and nodded. "Paddu aunty just called to enquire about Shatabdi's whereabouts. She hasn't reached home yet and she is not picking up her phone. She was supposed to meet you today right?" Paro asked Sumer.

Sumer smacked his forehead. "I told her I'll drop her home. She said she'll take a taxi," he said dialling her number. Paro knew her friend had a driver appointed to drive her and her mother around. "What happened to her car?" she asked. Sumer replied that she didn't want her family to know that they were meeting. "So what if you two meet. You are planning to marry each other right?" Samrat questioned. Sumer shook his head, "She doesn't want to rush into marriage. She wants to know the man well before agreeing to spend the rest of her life with him. If our families get involved we will be married within a week and by next month Maasa will start harassing her for grandsons."

Samrat couldn't argue with that. His marriage ended up exactly like that. He saw Maithili in a puja and their wedding was fixed immediately. Their life had been under constant pressure ever since.   He looked at Paro who was talking to Shatabdi's mother on her phone. She was fine mainly because nobody dared bully Rudra's wife. Maybe Sumer should be allowed to protect his love too.

Mala woke up to the shrill ringing of the phone. Why can't someone pick up that damn thing? Her sister had maintained the household just like their mother-in-law had done where all the household chores were managed by the daughters-in-law of the house. Her thakursa was so much more generous. There was a servant for every little thing. She had all the time in the world and not a single chore to attend to. The beds were always made. The furniture was always spotless. Clean clothes were always hanging in the closets. Their table was always overflowing with rare delicacies. And when she was in the mood to cook or embroider, Thakursa praised her to the sky and presented her with precious trinkets. She sighed.  That life seemed like a distant dream now.  The phone had stopped ringing. Maybe that mousey Maithili finally picked it up. She decided to go find out what was the matter.

"Yes banna. She is at home. Geethanjali Ma'am dropped her half an hour back," Danveer spoke into the receiver.  "Ask him if we should lock her in their room till he returns?" Mohini teased. Dilsher laughed. His son was showing his over-protective side again. "He must miss bhabhisa a lot and that's why he can't do anything without his thoughts always returning to her," Sunheri said wistfully. On the other end of the line Rudra wasn't amused by the cavalier attitude of his family. We have your greatest treasure in our custody, the message said.  They had to be talking about Paro. He had tried calling her directly. But the line was always busy. Someone was keeping her away from him.

"What's wrong Rudra? Do you want to pass on a message?" came the concerned voice of his uncle.  "We have to prepone our trip to see her sister. There has been an accident and they are delivering the baby tonight," he said. Danveer didn't know what to say. He knew that babies were tricky little things these days. Maithili conceived easily but lost it before they could celebrate its coming. "What can I do?" he asked.  Rudra wondered if the treat should be shared with his uncle who was a BSD constable after all. "Can you get her to Jaipur safely? There has been a threat call," he said. Danveer nodded, "Samrat and I will accompany her. You don't worry. Along with her guards we'll bring her to you safely," he assured. The mood in the Ranavat haveli turned sombre as they heard part of the conversation.

Danveer asked Maithili to get Paro and turned to his wife. He quickly recapped what his nephew had told them. "But it's too soon. 3 months too soon," she said calculating on her fingers. Her husband shook his head. "I know this for sure. Rudra has been planning for the girl's godh bharai with Maithili's help," she said. Mathili returned with a shocked Paro, "Jeeja! What happened to her?" Tears started to trickle down her cheeks as she found out her sister's predicament. Dilsher consoled her, "It will be fine. Don't worry. Rudra is making arrangements for you to go now. Why don't you pack?" Maithili replied for her sister that all the things they would need is waiting in her aunt's house in Jaipur. She turned to her and said, "Listen to me. Thausa is right. Bholenath will watch over her. You just have to be there for her."

Mala watched the interaction from the shadows. Thanks to this turn of events Rudra won't be coming home tonight. What was the necessity for Rudra to go? Couldn't Paro go by herself? It's not like wolves are waiting on the other side of the border? Dilsher never accompanied her everywhere. There was no reason for his son to behave differently. Besides after marriage the woman's ties should be with her marital home and not run off to her sisters every chance she gets. Didn't these Birpur girls realise that once they are wed they won't see their families again? That was the price for the opulent wedding which packed a lifetime of memories in a few days.  She saw Paro being dragged to her room.

"No! I can't go now. Shatabdi is missing. Rudra needs to find her," she said stopping in her tracks. Mohini tugged her pallu in annoyance. "Ohho Beendini! Shatabdi's father was a big officer in BSD. If she is missing, the entire BSD force will be looking for her. Nobody will blame Rudra for not joining the bloodhounds," she quipped. Paro met Bapusa's eyes, "No, Kakisa. Rudra will blame himself. For him BSD is family." Dilsher looked away. He knew his beendini was right. When he was lost in his own personal hell, his former comrades were the once who watched out for Rudra. He owed them a lot. Your son will be fine here Dilsher. I will treat him like my own, was the assurance given by Col. Sisodia when he joined the academy.  They owed that family a lot. They needed to help find the girl.

"Don't worry. I'm going to meet Aman now. We'll find her," Sumer said as he rushed out. Paro looked at him earnestly. He stopped. He knew she was worried, "Before your plane takes off, I will get her back and call you." Paro gave him a weak smile. "Sumer," Mohini shouted after him not really sure why this was so important to him. He stopped at the door, "I love her maasa. I need to make sure she is alright." His parents were dumbstruck. "Mohini, get ready to welcome your new beendini. Your son is ready for marriage," Dilsher said with a smile. Danveer gently placed his arm around her and she leaned into his embrace. Their son was all grown up.

Mala coughed interrupting the moment. They all turned to her. "Is Rudra home yet?" she asked innocently. "Your kuwarsa has other commitments. He won't be back so soon," Mohini replied as the men walked away ignoring her.  "Beendini, have you forgotten that your husband is waiting for you?" she asked Paro sternly. The young women scampered out immediately. "Did you need anything else, Thakurainsa?" she asked. Mala shook her head and walked away.

Luckily for her Paro was alone in her room. "Come Paro, sit with me. Tell me about your day," she asked cheerily. Paro remembered her morning in the NGO with the broken girls, her afternoon in court where Rudra was attacked and now the awful news about Shatabdi and her Jeeja. "It was eventful. How is your leg?" she swiftly changed the topic. Mala was annoyed. She wanted to be fussed over after being treated like a pariah all day. "It's getting better. Within a couple of days I'll be perfectly alright," she replied. Paro smiled, "Good. Now I have one less thing to worry about." Mala was shocked by her attitude.  "I'm your Maasa. How could say that?" she asked in a soft tone.

Pala stopped for a minute and turned around. She saw the hurt on the Thakurain's face. "I'm sorry for sounding rude but you are not my Maasa. You never considered me or any of the other girls as your own. If you did you would have planned our future with a lot more patience," the words tore from her heart. Mala slumped on the bed. Paro was supposed to be the kind one. The one would her get her life back. Paro heard Samrat call for her. She knew it was getting late but these words needed to be said, "I'm not trying to belittle all that you had done for me. You were a benevolent Thakurain and thought me a lot of wonderful things. One of which is honesty, to be true to oneself, which is why I cannot lie to you. My sister needs me. My friend needs me. I have to do what I can for them. You'll be fine."

Mala saw her last hope walk away with her bags. She had no clue how to go on. Who would help her now?

Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lol.. Sumer is something.. First get the plate which was brought, scold the person who brought it and start eating.. It was a small detail but totally in Sumer's character..
Hahaha.. Mala didn't know what hit her.. How careless she is, when it comes to others life or emotions.. Well done Paro..
Now mirza's men kidnapped shatabdi.. And Sumer is ready for the rescue mission.. Excited for some action sequence..
Bhavya-Esther thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hi dr.,
Nice chapter...wat happen to shatabdi.?
Mala s lost her last hope...
til nw rudra s nt yt cme bck home..
expecting parud moment...
waiting for your next update ...
Edited by bhavyaesther - 8 years ago
firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice update Rithu .. but am feeling so bad for Shatabdi  and Nandini at the moment that I probably wont be able to list out the happy things.. 2 big blows to these 2 women and their Paro on the same day . .. I know you will make them all fine eventually .. but still feeling bad as if its someone I know in real is having a bad day  .. I guess its your writing ðŸ˜Š Will look forward for your next update on how you take the story forward ðŸ˜Š 
pavinitishiv thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
good update,diner was nice, paro confident,but rides disturbed...ok ...now nomore drama please...only paro n rudrs...parud moments will cheer him up..
also U S. Thanks for the update eager for the next;-)