Father's Day OS - Giving Back to You - COMPLETED

Prabh. thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Note: This OS is for Father's Day. And this one has nothing to with the show's current track. And like always this is not proofread at all.

||Giving Back To You||

Ishita was busy taking out Raman's clothes for when he woke up when the children came running into the room. They wished her a good morning as she walked to the couch settling down the clothes and went around the room looking for Raman's watch and handkerchief. When asked what they were up to as they walked over to Raman, Ruhi told her they wanted to wish him for Father's Day.

"Ru! Adi! Wait." She stopped the excited children.

"What happened?" Adi asked.

"Let him sleep for now. And wish him first thing when he wakes up."

"But why? I want to wish him now!" Ruhi tried to protest.

"Okay come here you two." She patted the seat next to her on the couch. As they both sat down next to her, she smiled at them before she began...

"So you want to celebrate Father's Day? Then do it by thanking him for all he does for you guys. And you can start by let him sleep."

"How is that thanking him?" Adi asked curiously.

"You know yesterday your Papa came home past midnight and went to sleep after 2am. And he works this hard only for you two. So Ruhi you can get your special edition dolls and your pizzas and hamburgers and Adi can get his new video games and those branded shoes he wants. Your papa works so he can give you two anything you want, so to thank him we should give him everything he misses out on while he does things for his family, right?"

"Right!" They both exclaimed excited and then got thinking about what they should do.

"So should we should start by letting him have his beauty sleep?" She giggled and made her children who were in deep thoughts laugh as well.

"Come on Adi Bhaiyya let's go think of something... but wait one minute!"

She quietly tiptoed to where Raman was sleeping and carefully sat on the bed. As Ruhi placed a small kiss on his cheek, Raman smirked in his sleep and started to mumble things like...

"Ishita! What are you up to so early in the morning?"

"Raman!" Ishita marched over embarrassed at his words as she avoided looking at their kids.

"What?! Hmm?" a naughty smile appeared on his face.

"Raman! Wake up!" She shook him to wake him up. He got up with a jerk wondering what happened to Ishita in a few seconds and saw Ruhi and Adi trying to hold in their laughter while Ishita was mad and looking away with a faint blush on her face...

"Oh! Ruhi, Adi..." he sheepishly ruffled his hair.

"Yes Papa us!" Adi said as the two siblings giggled at their dad before Ruhi took him into a huge hug by surprise almost knocking him over. He hugged her back while he looked at Ishita confused as to what was happening until Ruhi said...

"Happy Father's Day Papa!"

"Oh! Thank you!" he remembered today was Father's day.

He gave her a huge kiss on the cheek and tickled her making her roll on the bed holding her stomach. Adi watched all this quietly and waited for the moment he could wish Raman as well. As Ruhi stopped laughing after Raman stopped tickling her, she sat down on his lap and looked at Adi. Ishita and Raman also turned to Adi who was hesitating to speak up. Disappointment and sadness replaced the happiness Raman had on his face moments ago, but he knew it wasn't right to push Adi into wishing him if he wasn't ready for it, so he put up a smile which Ishita knew wasn't real and asked Ruhi...

"So is your list ready? What are the plans for today?"

"No Papa, today everything will done how you like." Ruhi announced.

"Why?"

"Because it's your day, so we should do what you want since we are supposed to make you happy today." Adi answered back remembering what his Ishima had said to them earning a smile from everyone else in the room since he was attempting to do something for his dad. And Raman was pleasantly surprised at the maturity of his son and knew who was responsible for this, so he smiled at her before turning back to the kids...

"But I'm only happy when my children are happy, so tell me what you two had planned."

"Then wait! We need to think of something." Ruhi got her mind generating with ideas and excitedly jumped on the bed before telling Raman she has so many plans.

"You have the whole to do what you want!"

"You're the best Papa!" She said as she got off the bed and Adi followed her.

The children ran off thinking of new plans for the day while Ishita handed him his clothes. She kept a reassuring hand on his shoulder as she smiled and told him Adi will wish him for sure. They would just have to wait until he was comfortable enough to do so. She left the room after he told her he was genuinely happy having both his kids with him on this day and seeing them trying to do something for him was all he needed. Satisfied with his answer, she left the room leaving him to get ready.

Raman came down a while later to find the whole family seated in the living room where his brother and sister were wishing their dad. He also joined in and sat next to his dad wishing him and that's when Romi came up to him.

"Bhai I...I want to say something to you."

"Romi...What did you do now?"

"Nothing, I...I wanted to say...thanks."

"For?"

"For being there with me. I know I disappointed you many times, and you hurt the most whenever I did something wrong. I know I was mad at you and argued with you many times over all this. But trust me I regret all of those mistakes. And despite all those things I did, you never gave up on me and helped me become a better person. I am trying to come out of what I was before and I am thankful that you were always there to help me in becoming a more responsible person. So you are just as important as Papa is to me. Thank you for being there for me, scolding me when I needed it, even though it was a bit too much sometimes, and thanks for helping me become who I am today; a hardworking person who is trying to the right things. And today I promise you Bhai, I will try and not make these stupid mistakes again to at least make you happy if not anything else. So Happy Father's Day Bhai because you're like a father to me as well."

The two brother shared a hug as tears formed in Raman's eyes hearing Romi's words. He always wanted his brother to become someone he would be proud of, but it was starting to lose hope of seeing Romi act responsibly after seeing his actions. Today he got that hope back after hearing whatever he said, and just wished that he would live up to these promises he was making. As they broke the hug and Raman looked away wiping tears...

"Enough of your drama, tomorrow when you come to the office I will see how much you have changed."

Everyone shared a laugh as the atmosphere went back to the lighter mood it was before. As everyone chatted around until breakfast was ready, all the kids were busying in Adi's room doing their own things. When Ishita called them out to eat, Ruhi, Adi, and Ananya came from the room carrying papers in their hands which they later saw were cards. Adi and Ruhi gave their card to Raman and the three gave a bigger card to Mr. Bhalla who showed it off to his wife. Amidst thanking his children, Raman noticed a card in Ananya's hand and her looking around confused as to who to give it to.

Ishita and Simmi also noticed Ananya and everyone could only pity the confused child until Raman finally said something...

"Ananya, come here." The small child slowly walked to her uncle who picked her up and walked over to Simmi. He took her hand that carried the card and brought it to Simmi...

"Give this to your mom." He whispered to the child who reached out for her mother. As Simmi took Ananya into a hug, she thought aloud...

"I just wonder what will happen when she grows up and asks about her dad on this day..."

"Simmi! She doesn't need a father like him and neither will she want a father like him. That's only if you succeed so much in life and raise Ananya with so much love that she will not feel the absence of her dad. And if she does, then we will let her know that she and you deserve much better than that dog! Do you hear me?"

"Raman...relax." Ishita held his arm trying to calm him down as he hated the mention of that man in his house. Simmi smiled at her and Raman...

"It's okay Ishita. You know Bhai, he always yells. But usually that yelling has a reason. And even today listen to him. He's telling me to move on instead of thinking about my past and to focus on Ananya and myself...And you Romi, you thanked him alone, what about me? Bhai has done just as much for me as he has for you. Don't you think I should have thanked him with you?"

"So? Just say it now." Romi shrugged at her.

"Thank you for everything Bhai, And Happy Father's day!"

They both shared a hug and Raman took Ananya from Simmi. As they all back to eating, they saw Rinki and Mihir standing by the door waiting for someone to notice them.

"Romi Bhai! Simmi di! This is so not fair! You two wished Raman Bhai and no one remembered us?" Rinki exclaimed walking over to be welcomed by her parents.

"How can someone forget their little sister? Come eat with us." Raman asked the two to join in with everyone.

"It's not fair! Everyone has already thanked you and no one remembered me. You're also important to me and Mihir."

"Now why are you two getting emotional?" Raman asked confused as to what everyone was up to.

"Why shouldn't we? Doesn't everyone know what you have done for us?" Mihir also spoke up.

"He's right! How can I forget what you did during my wedding? You went to go work for that Ashok to give me the wedding I want. So my dreams could be fulfilled, you tolerated everything he said to you. Without caring about yourself, you did whatever you could for me. So why won't I get emotional."

"Pagal! I'm your brother, it's my job to make you all happy! Why do need to thank me for it?"

"That's exactly why I need to thank you!"

Mihir followed right after Rinki as Raman had been the one who he relied on after his own dad and when he had taken the decision to break ties with his family. Raman was the only reason he became the man he is today. Despite all the scolding and anger he face, he knew Raman did it all for his own good. He felt as if he owed everything to him. Raman was the one who has slowly and gracefully taken the spot of a father figure in his life.

As the couple gave Raman a hug and wished him with grateful moist eyes, he shook his head at his family...

"Look at everyone! Why are you getting so emotional huh? And everyone's making me their father!" He looked towards the kitchen as he continued...

"Neelu! Do you also want to wish me Father's Day? And ask Muttu the same."

Everyone laughed at his comments while Adi & Ruhi found this to be a perfect moment to talk to Ishita since everyone was busy in the moment. The two took Ishita to the side as Raman was busy with the rest of the family. They whispered something to each other and that's what caught Raman's eye. He knew something was up, but didn't bother too much knowing they were probably planning a party or a get together for dinner. He told himself to act surprised for Ruhi and Adi's sake before he got up telling everyone he was heading to his office for just a few hours. The family crowded him and told him he wasn't going anywhere without the children. He tried to protest and only got scolded by his mother and sisters while the kids made sad faces trying to convince him not to go. And when he tried to negotiate with them, Ishita tried to convince him as well...

"Raman you can't be serious. The poor kids have been so excited and planning things especially for you. And you can't just ruin everything like this. If they are doing all this for you, then you should also be considerate and appreciate their efforts. If-"

"Slow down Madrasan! Fine I will stay home on the condition that you will not lecture me at all today. That will be the biggest gift for me today."

Everyone burst out laughing at his comments while his mother smacked his arm playfully as Ishita stood with an angry pout on her face. He winked at her leaving her open mouthed before he walked off leaving with the excuse of a phone call.

When he came back, everyone was busy with their own work while Ruhi and Adi came up to him all dressed along. They told him they wanted to go out for a movie with him and when he asked for Ishita, he was told she was busy at home and wanted them to spend time alone.

~~~~~

They arrived at the movie theatre late for their movie as Ruhi and Adi insisted for ice cream on the way. Despite Raman explaining they would eat during the movie, the kids were adamant and made him stop. They created a ruckus at the shop while eating their ice cream when they had asked him to take a bite of their ice cream, and ended up in an argument when he supposedly took a bigger bit from Ruhi's ice cream. He sat there with his face in his palms as in the process to even out how much he took from each child, they both fed him almost all the ice cream leaving him to feel overstuffed and then they proceeded to laugh as he complained to them while driving.

The stomach ache was completely worth seeing his children giggling and trying to hide their laughter through the rear view mirror. Just a year back or even just a few months back he would have never imagined seeing this sight in his lifetime. He had lost all hopes of being able to celebrate this day with his son and a day where he would happily want to go out with him and his sister. And he was so worried about Ruhi accepting Adi after the differences between Shagun and Ishita affect the brother-sister relationship. But then again it was Ishita who had raised Ruhi and also instilled those selfless values in her. Those values and Ruhi's nature that was so similar to his that now helped her accept this Adi who was nothing like the boy Shagun raised...he was the boy they were raising.

He came out of his thoughts as they reached the theatre where the two overly excited kids ran out of the car before he could even turn it off. He ran after them as they reached the cross road between the actual building and the parking lot. Holding Ruhi's hand tightly and putting a hand on Adi's shoulder, he stopped them from crossing whenever they thought it was safe and took them into the theatre.

He was told that Romi had already gotten the tickets for them and when he saw the tickets Adi gave to make sure they had them...

"This is an action movie!"

"We know. We were the one bought the tickets." Adi pointed out the obvious.

"But Ruhi likes comedy and so do you, then why did you get this?"

"Because you like it!" Ruhi chirped in.

"Are you sure you two won't be bored because I like comedies as well?"

"We also like action, right Bhaiyya?"

"She's right Papa!" Adi agreed leaving Raman no choice, but to agree with them and go along with everything.

The trio tried to silently enter the movie they were 20 minutes late for already. Since they had seats in the middle, they ended up hearing a lot of yelling from the others trying to watch their movie. The trio laughed at everyone's frustration with them as they sat down in their seats with Raman holding all their food for them.

Throughout the movie Raman was enjoying the whole thing animatedly while Adi also found it to a good movie, but Ruhi sat bored throughout the whole movie. She just ate the popcorn which her dad was ignoring as he was engrossed in the movie like a small amazed child who was in the theatre for the first time. She noticed his varying expressions and found them more amusing than the movie. It was during the interval, Raman noticed her looking at him more than the actual movie and he realized she was finding this extremely boring.

"Ru, Adi...I'm getting bored." He finally spoke to the bored kids.

"Awww really?!" Ruhi asked disappointedly.

"Really, this isn't a really good movie, but thank you for bringing me here. I really liked it!"

"So now?" Adi asked wondering what they would do to kill time.

"Let's ditch it! And go back to home?!"

The two siblings look at each other and knowing they were probably wanting to talk about their surprise plans he pretended to look elsewhere...

"Okay Papa! Let's go back!" Ruhi finally announced after a few moments of silent debate between the two.

~~~~~

They drove back home with Ruhi and Adi's constant debate about the movie and their comments on the stalls and buildings outside. In between they also kept on whispering to each other and he knew for sure some party was waiting for him at home, but acted as if he was clueless and asked them what they were talking about. Upon not being told, he joked with them about having to become a Jasoos like their Ishima to figure out their secret.

As he drove into the society's parking lot, he saw Romi, Simmi and his dad coming out of Ishita's car. Curious about where they went, he asked Romi...

"Where did you go?"

"Oh Simmi Di and I took Papaji out for a while."

"That's nice! Tell me about it later."

As they all entered the house, they found it beautifully decorated and everyone from the Iyer family was already there along with Ishita and Mrs. Bhalla who were busying in the kitchen with Mihika and Vandita. He started his act of being surprised and thanked everyone for the wonderful party. Everyone got busy with the party as they all chatted and ate with Romi playing music in the back.

During this whole time, Raman's eyes were only on Ishita. He watched her running around serving everyone while sit having time to have a little gossip with her sisters. He watched as she pouted while her sisters laughed about something and he didn't miss the blush on her face when she caught him looking at her nor did he fail to admire that smile of hers that made his smile appear. As he was busying following his wife with his eyes, Adi slowly walked over to him and tapped his arm to get his attention. As Raman looked at him, he asked to be followed upstairs.

When Raman reached his room, Adi slowly went and sat down on the bed. As Raman sat down next to the nervous Adi, he asked what was wrong to which Adi handed him a folded piece of paper. As he opened the paper, he saw it covered with Adi's handwriting...

Papa,

I know I'm sitting next to you right now, but I don't have it in me to look into your eyes and say all this...Dad. Dad; 6 years I called another man dad instead of you. I don't even want to think about what I put you through by doing that, and how horrible you must have felt when I called that man dad when it was you who deserved it. I hated you, and you tolerated my hate without a word. I make you cry and made you do things that hurt you over and over and you agreed without complains. I couldn't be the son you deserved. I kept on hurting you while you kept on trying to come close to me, protect me and love me like a real dad does.

You almost fought against everyone to keep me from getting caught for doing Patti's accident, and I forgot all that the moments you tried to help me when you made me face the consequences. I was mad. Really mad when you yourself took me to the court to have me punished, but I realized I deserved it and you were again doing what a father does.

But I still didn't see that then, and I continued to be at my worst. I had already accused you of abuse and took it further by doing the same to Ishima. And again you took me to the police station and made me confess to my lies, which only made me angrier. Only I should have known you were trying to teach me not to lie and follow the right path like dads do.

But I took it another step further when you and Ishima brought me home when I was out on the streets with Shagun...mumma. I tried to hurt you and Ishima and break you two apart on mumma's insistence. I know I am not worth the forgiveness that you will give me for this eventually. And today I need to confess one more thing to you that could maybe make you hate me for a long time. So before that I want to say thank you so much for being there with me despite my behaviour towards you. You made me realize that good dads are people who do more than just buy you gifts by spending money or playing video games with you. They are role models and people who inspire you to become even a small fraction of them. Dads put children in front of themselves and would give up anything to make sure their child is happy. Dads protect you, love you, scold you, and spoil you all for your own good. And you are a true dad and like Ruhi says...The best Papa I could have.

Dad before ending this long nonsense I wrote, I want to apologize for one last thing I did that you will hate. Remember when you caught me reading that article about the boy who killed himself...well your reaction reminded me of when I ate Dadi's BP pills on purpose just to have you get mad at Ishima. I know you're mad right now, you want to yell at him and call me crazy for playing with my life, but you also want to ignore me for tampering with your relationship. And I can do nothing buy say I'm sorry...I'm sorry for this and for all those other things I did.

I'm sorry for not being a good son that deserves to wish you on this day...

~Your Adi

As he finished reading the letter and covering it with his tears, he looked up to find Adi looking away at the ground as he clenched onto the bedsheet. He was guilty...and in regret.

But all Raman knew was that this was their Adi. He put the paper aside and took his son into a giant hug. Adi didn't know how to hold in his emotions anymore. He thought his dad probably hated him after reading the last part of his letter, but instead here he was hugging him and crying. He thought back to when he wrote that letter in morning while Ruhi made a card on his behalf for Raman. All those tears that he shed during the writing of the letter were now back in an increased amount as he thought about all those incidents mentioned in the letter and how his dad have forgiven me right now. He cried like a small child in his dad's arms who seemed just as small of a child right now.

"Adi...Papa will never hate you!"

"I love you Dad!"

"I love you too beta!"

Adi knew his dad had once again forgiven him for a mistake he couldn't forgive himself for. But knowing saying anything against what he did would only make things worse. He felt glad to know his dad loved him no matter what, but this only meant he would have to live up to the love his dad gave him. He promised himself he would never hurt him ever again. He would love him and make up for those 6 years he hated him and caused him pain. It was time to give back to him...

"Adi..." His dad's choking voice brought him back into reality.

"Adi...please say it once."

"Happy Father's Day Papa! Thank you for being there! Thank you!"

The two stayed in their hug for as long as they could until they composed themselves and that's when Ishita walked away from the door as she wiped off her tears. Today was one of the best Father's Day she had seen, and was one of the best he had as well. She silently prayed that Raman would always be loved by his children like this and they would always stay together. And she left leaving the two alone...

~~~~~

Late at night when she walked into their room after putting the kids to bed, she found him reading a file and shook her head at him before finishing up her last minute work. He hadn't talked about what Adi had done today to anyone because Adi didn't want him to, but was only busy reading his letter over and over again that he had placed in his file. As she went to the window to close it, she felt his strong arms encircling her waist. She let go of what she was doing and rested her head on his chest as he spoke up...

"Thanks Ishita!"

"For?"

"For everything you did today. From explaining to the kids to making Romi say those words to what Adi did. You did everything right?"

"Not everything. I never asked Simmi or Rinki to say anything nor Romi. I just asked him to be appreciative of what he has and the kids were planning everything including Adi so I just helped. I only helped getting the tickets Ruhi wanted and helped with the party so Adi could have a moment with you because he said he wanted to be with you."

"So you did do everything?"

"Well, not everything!"

"I loved today! You really made it special Ishita."

"Really?! Thank god you liked everything."

"Why wouldn't I? Everyone was so happy!"

"And you?"

"I was super happy because of everything that happened today and because you were the one behind it. Thanks Ishita for making this day so memorable."

"Raman you've done so much for me and the whole family, we could at least do this for you. And as far as I am concerned. It's because of you I have children who wish me on Mother's day, so I should do something for you on this day."

"Now just don't start saying Happy Father's Day to me! You already made the whole house say that."

"Raman..." she complained as he ruined the seriousness of the conversation.

"Don't worry! You're not that old yet!" She teased him before he made her turn around and engulfed her into a tight hug. She smiled as she hugged him back knowing she had succeeded in making his day special which made her day special as well.

That was it for my Father's Day OS. Please like and leave your feedback! Will love to read what you thought of this one!

Edited by smilesforever98 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-K.13- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Prabh - this was seriously the sweetest story ever! Every time I think I have a favorite story from you, you wow me with a new OS or update to your SS! Seriously - I'm not a very emotional person but your story managed to get me teary eyed!

What a lovely tribute to Father's Day!
SushSathisha thumbnail
Awesome os prabh..
perfect gift for a fathers day to rman..
Too good..
thank u for it
Prabh. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -K.13-

Prabh - this was seriously the sweetest story ever! Every time I think I have a favorite story from you, you wow me with a new OS or update to your SS! Seriously - I'm not a very emotional person but your story managed to get me teary eyed!

What a lovely tribute to Father's Day!

Thank you so much! Really happy to know you like my OSes so much! And it means a lot to know this one made you emotional which you aren't often! Really thank you!
Prabh. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sush_avina

Awesome os prabh..

perfect gift for a fathers day to rman..
Too good..
thank u for it

Thank you so much! Glad you liked it and thought it was the perfect gift!
The-Heart thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Excellent OS๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Very nice
You penned the emotions very well๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
rutu83 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
aww very very sweet- raman really is like a father for all no?
lovely os - i'm loving this little nuggets ๐Ÿ‘
Impossible.Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
~ Res ~
Okay... I had literally forgotten about this one
nevertheless I'm here unresing it

--edited--

Aww... Morning family moments was good.
Adi-Roo were so sweet
They wanted to surprise papa , Ishita stopped them and them she herself got surprised ๐Ÿ˜†
Raman was being naughty in morning with his wife infront of his very own not-so-innocent kids ๐Ÿคฃ

Aww... Romi sudhergaya :p
That was really very sweet of him to wish Raman
poor Ananya... Confused soul
Raman did it right

Loll
Raman, the universal Father ๐Ÿคฃ
"Neelu! Do you also want to wish me Father's
Day? And ask Muttu the same." ...
That's our RKB

Movie plan was cute
hayee Adi-Ruhi planning.
I nd my bro do the same thing each year though he doesn't do anything much , he just puts up his name under mine of cards or of anything and boast as though everything was done by him

Adi's letter was so emotional
I really wanted something like this on-screen also
I really want Adi to feel guilty of his kartoots and also want his to truly realize his parents worth
This particular thing was definitely needed in this soap
You brought out what CV's couldn't and that too so beautifully I tell you
Trust me, this is one the bestest OS'es I have come across in this forum

Hats off smile.
Do write more like this !!!!!Edited by ..Anamika129.. - 8 years ago
Prabh. thumbnail

Originally posted by: KRamya

Excellent OS๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Very nice

You penned the emotions very well๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thank you so much! Glad you liked the OS and my writing!
Prabh. thumbnail

Originally posted by: rutu83

aww very very sweet- raman really is like a father for all no?

lovely os - i'm loving this little nuggets ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you so much! I personally find Raman to be like a guiding force almost like a father figure to Romi and Mihir for sure. And he seems to really care for his sisters like a brother, but the way he guides them seems more fatherly to me. Glad you liked the OS though!