Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: tinamehta

Wow. loved the paro-rudra scene. looks like mirza is out to get rudra. looking forward to that.

Thank you. 😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
CHAPTER 25

Paro needed a minute to catch her breathe before shouting at her husband. First he doesn't call when he is away. Then sneaks in like a burglar when he is late. Then almost sets the kitchen on fire when he is hungry. After all this, he smiles like an innocent child giddy with joy just to see her. He could read her face well enough. He knew she was boiling with rage. He wondered if it will bubble over or fizzle out. The former brought out her feisty side which was more entertaining than letting her become cold and indifferent till he finds a way to do calm her down. He quietly started to chop some more potatoes. "What are you doing?" she asked sternly. He raised an eyebrow at her as if it was obvious and started to chop the onions. "Look at me when I'm talking to you," she scolded. He placed the knife down and faced her. "If you are hungry you should wake me up. Charred rotis and burnt potatoes are bad for you" she chastised him. He quietly looked around the kitchen for something when she grabbed his hand, "I'm asking you somethin. I want an answer." He threw her own words back at her, "What was the question?" She laughed remembering the first time she cooked in this same kitchen. "Hand me the potatoes, I'll cook it," she offered. He handed it over and watched her make what was now his favorite dish. As she was mixing the dough, she asked why he didn't inform of his return. "I wanted to suprise you by getting here. But I saw Shatabdi on way my back stranded with car trouble. It was late, so I dropped her home before proceeding here," he told her honestly. She paused her work and wondered how hard her friend must be working. He noticed the strain on her face. He remembered how she had felt his equation with her friend before he had left. "Paro, I did what seemed right to me. I couldn't leave her on the road like that," he said defensively. She gave him a small smile, "I know. I was just thinking all the extra work she has to handle. All because I'm too distracted to do my part." He pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her, "Paro, that's the advantage when you work with a friend. When she is feeling low, won't you work harder so that everything runs smoothly. That's what she did."

Paro rubbed her nose and he smiled seeing Atta on it. As he wiped it off, he noticed the lines of fatigue on her face. She probably wasn't getting adequate rest. "Go back to bed," he suggested. She gently placed her head on his chest. She was seeing him after days. She wasn't going anywhere without him. He was finally back where he belonged. Right next to her. He wrapped his arms around her, revelling in her softness. His fingers trailed down her sensous back pushing her long silky tresses out of the way. They paused at the dori of her blouse. Part of him wanted to yank it open. But she may not appreciate it in the kitchen. Instead he kissed her neck as she trembled in her embrace. "Rudr..." she moaned, her fingers grasping the fabric of his uniform tightly. One hand settled into her long dark hair, holding her head in place. The other dug into her waist pulling her as close as possible. He continued to worship her neck with kisses as his fingers started to move . He would make love to her right there if she would let him. Her delicate frame swayed with his onslaught. He deftly turned off the gas with his free hand. He lifted her in his arms and proceeded out of the kitchen. "Wait!" she stopped him as he switched off the kitchen lights. "Aren't you hungry?" she asked. He just shook his head. Food wasn't really on his mind anymore.

Paro woke up early the next morning fresh and bright after days of unrest. She smiled at her sleeping husband. It wasn't a dream. He was really here. She gently caressed his hair and bent down to kiss his forehead. His arms reached out to her. She moved back instantly. The kitchen had to be cleared before Kakisa got up. She couldn't explain this to anyone. She slapped his chest in mild annoyance. He was the one who created the mess. But her touch just tickled him and he chuckled. She smiled at his peaceful face. She switched off his alarm before leaving. She would wake him herself a little later.

However, to her misfortune her sister was watching the cooker as she sipped her tea. "Jeeja, when did you wake up," she asked curiously. Her sister smiled and poured another cup. "Yesterday I noticed that your tiffin box was empty so I decided to pack Palak again for your lunch," she said. Paro laughed and shook her head. She revealed that Sumer bhaisa had dropped by during lunch. "I'm sure he is the one who licked the box clean and you didn't eat anything," she scolded. Paro put her arm over her sister and in all seriousness told, "What to do Jeeja, your devarsa forgets everything when your preparations are laid in front of him." Maithili grinned. She knew he was a big fan of her cooking like the rest of the Ranavats. Rudra was the only one who remained loyal to his wife when it came to the kitchen. "Until he marries Shatabdi," she pointed out. Paro laughed at the idea of Shatabdi cooking. "No, Jeeja. Shatabdi can follow instructions well but has no culinary talent. Neither is she interested in cooking. As far as this household is concerned you are the undisputed domestic goddess," she proclaimed. Maithili pulled her sister's nose and both of them burst into laughter.

"If both you Deviyan don't mind, can a humble mortal like myself, make a cup of tea. It feels like someone is doing a Tandav on my forehead," she acquiesced with folded hands. Paro immediately poured her a cup as Maithili looked a little guilty. Shanti had slept with her grandmother after listening to a story. "Maajisa, Shanti..." she started to apologise when her mother-in-law told her to take some milk for sleeping child. "Did someone tell you that if your beloved husband will return if you cook potatoes?" Mohini asked taking a look at the potatoes still on the counter. Paro's face turned red. How was she going to explain this. She should have cleaned the kitchen the previous night itself. The older woman then noticed the boot marks on the floor. "Where did this come from? Ask Samrat to come here and stay in your room," she said pushing Paro out. The younger woman was confused. "What's wrong, Kakisa?" she asked concerned and eager to help. Mohini explained that it looked like there was a burglar in their home. Paro smiled and said Rudra had returned late last night. The muddy footprints were from his boots. And the potatoes were for him too. "When I was young, a husband enjoys his wife's cooking and doesn't waste a bit. Especially when he is served after a long time. Maybe you are loosing your touch," she said. Then she asked if she was still planning on going to the fair since Rudra was back. "I think he would want to do something else. Maybe I should call Shatabdi and cancel," she mused. Mohini stopped her, she knew her son will be at that fair working. It would be a good opportunity for Shatabdi to see the responsible side of Sumer. She might be impressed and agree to marry him. "Don't be rude. Maybe Rudra can join you. Isn't Shatabdi his friend too?" she suggested. Paro mulled over it, she didn't want to disappoint her friend or her husband. Maybe they could all spend the day together.

Rudra woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. "Sir, there is a problem," said Aman as soon as he picked up. Rudra groaned. "I dropped the women off at the NGO. The paperwork was signed by Shatabdi Sisodia. Dispatched soldiers to contact their families. Then I came back to headquarters filed the reports before informing VK Sir that I wanted the day off. So now what can possibly be the problem at 7 am in the morning," he asked. Aman sighed, his boss will not like this. "Sir, the soldiers are back. The Birpur families are refusing to accept the girls back in the village," he informed. The image of the same villagers refusing to acknowledge Paro because of Tejawat's pressure flashed in his mind. "Tejawat's deeds has been exposed. Why aren't they stepping up?" he wondered aloud. "The soldiers reported that the villagers don't know what to do with daughters with failed marriages who may have lead immoral lives," Aman replied. . It wasn't their fault. These girls didn't choose this. They just did what was expected of them. Even if it means marrying someone across the border whom they have never heard of. They blindly trusted Tejawat and his wife. And now they didn't know how to welcome their daughters home with dignity. "I'll be there soon. Inform VK Sir too," he said and ended the call.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Maithili got back just in time to see Paro leave with Rudra's tea. "Paro, wait! I'd like to talk to you for a minute," she requested. "I know Shatabdi means a lot to you. But I can't help wondering if she will be able to fit into this family," she said. Paro didn't expect her sweet sister to have reservations towards her friend. "Don't get me wrong. She is a nice girl and any family would be lucky to have her. But here will she be able to spend her entire life being Maajisa dutiful bahu. Isn't she high spirited? Won't she feel a little suffocated here?" she further explained. This made a sense to Paro. Her friend was raised to lead a different sort of life. "But Jeeja, now Maajisa has changed a lot. She doesn't order people around like before. She doesn't shout when things go against her plans," she pointed out. Maithili gave her a sad smile and said, "She doesn't order you around. And that's only because she doesn't want to risk Rudra bhaisa's ire. She is not going to treat Sumer banna's wife the same way. To the rest of just she is just a little kinder and more considerate than before." Paro realised her sister was right. Kakisa had accepted Bapusa and his children as part of the family but she was still a shrewd matriach who wanted everything her way. Only Rudra gets away with whatever he wanted. "But yesterday when they met, they got along quite well. And Sumer bhaisa was whistling so happily when he walked back to his car. Do you really think it would be a bad idea if they get married. Rudra thinks they might be a good match. But wants me to stay away from their business," she fretted. Maithili held her hands gently, "Baisa, I just wanted to discuss things openly with you. Sumer is our devarsa so we have to look at the big picture when it comes to choosing a wife for him. Since you know Shatabdi well, I wanted to know your opinion. I believe that Bholenath will bring them together if that is according to his wisdom. Just like he made sure that you marry Rudra bhaisa." Paro remembered how they finally got married inspite of all the obstacles. "Shatabdi will be Sumer's strength in Jaipur. Just like Kakisa guides him in practical matters, she will too. And she needs someone like him to look at the fun side of things. I know they will be perfect. Don't worry about our differences Jeeja. You know the Thakurainsa said that a family is like a hand. Each finger is different. But when they come together, the hand becomes powerful. Our differences will become our strength," she explained. As Paro walked away, Maithili realised that she hadn't referred to the Thakurain of Birpur as Maasa. Had she lost her place in Paro's heart?

Paro pushed the door open with a smile and greeted her husband, "Good morning, Major Ranavat. Would you like some tea?" He replied and grabbed his tea which she had brought. He took a sip when he realised his wife just wished him in English. "Paro? How?When?" he was pleasantly suprised that she made the best use of the opportunity. He had hoped she would sign up for the classes when he suggested it to Geethanjali ma'am. But he wasn't aware that a teacher had been found and classes had already commenced. Paro beamed at him, "Aren't you surprised to hear me talk like a Jaipurwali girl?" He kept his tea aside and pulled her close, "I always knew you are smart but you are learning so fast. Your teacher must be really good," he said weaving his fingers through hers. She shook her head, "No, he has barely started classes. He seems to be more interested in us than than in teaching. Shatabdi taught me a little. She thinks the teacher is no good. He is taken up this job only to support his own college education. Maasiji's kindness is the only reason for him being allowed to come to the NGO." He knew Geethanjali ma'am could be trusted to pick the right people for the job. But still it seemed odd to him, shouldn't the new teacher focus on his work than getting friendly. Especially if he was working part time to support himself. He knew the women Paro worked with. They didn't like men who tried to get friendly with them. When he visited Paro at her work place, most of them avoided him like the plague. He instinctively knew they wanted to just leave their troubles behind especially those from the men in their lives. Was he being an irresponsible looser upto no good or a trouble maker looking for his next target? He knew he shouldn't jump to any conclusions. But...

Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice chapter with parud moments.. Maithili is worried about shatabdi and kakisa combination.. But I am looking forward to those particular fireworks..
Birpur people are not willing to take their daughters back. What did the poor girls do? Now will they be brought back to the NGO? I loved Rudra's rant about what problems could arise at seven in the morning. Lol..
And Paro not addressing Mala as maasa.. Wat could be the reason? Did she come to know about something ?
Now who is teaching english? Why do I get a feeling that it is that stupid Shantanu ?
firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful update Rithu πŸ˜Š
At work - cant type more - will come back later 
pree_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely chapter dearπŸ˜›
Moments between Parud 😳, Rudra creating mess while cooking, literally setting fire in
kitchen πŸ˜†, I really like how you move story not rushing.. even writing normal day routine like
Maithili Paro talking in kitchen, Paro worrying in morning to clean mess in kitchen which he
created (it's more realistic). So their is suspense of English teacher!

SPraba thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finally rudra is back safe and sound and glad he came in at the right moment or else I shudder to think what would have happened to Shatabdti
Glad rudra told Shatabdti what he felt about Sumer. It will help her and sumer and her make a good pair.
My heavens poor Paro must be flabbergasted to see her jallad cooking. Loved how she is still flustered around him. Hope nothing happens to Paro.
Thanks for the pm rithu. And again sorry for the delayed response.
SPraba thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Super update rithu.
Poor Paro never can get to reprimand her husband cos he knows how to tackle her and also her weak pointsπŸ˜†. So meals forgotten
Loved how Jija and Paro spoke and glad she voiced out her fears to Paro.
Mohini is still the same but she is so much better in your story but boy I cannot wait to see the nok jhoks between the saas and the bahu. Hope u do include it once sumer shatabdti get married.
What is the fault of those girls? Why cant the villagers accept them? Hope BSD and rudra can find a solution. This is such a saddening matter to read
Wow Paro spoke in English and that too coutesy Shatabtdi. But wonder who the instructor is?Thanks for the pm
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hii Rithu,

Lovely update, Rudra is back, parud cute Moments. Sisterly convo between paro n maithli (i like geetanjali jija also), wow surprisongly paro speaking english, she is fast to understand n learn new things
tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow Rits. Amazing chapter. Loved the byplay with Paro and Rudra. It was sooo romantic. I miss them so much. Such a nice feel good chapter. Haha Mohini is hilarious. I am waiting to see Shatabdi and Sumer's courtship moving on in full swing. It will be so interesting to watch. Umm I have my doubts about the new English teacher but i will not reveal his identity over here :) Edited by tinamehta - 8 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutemithra

Nice chapter with parud moments.. Maithili is worried about shatabdi and kakisa combination.. But I am looking forward to those particular fireworks..
Birpur people are not willing to take their daughters back. What did the poor girls do? Now will they be brought back to the NGO? I loved Rudra's rant about what problems could arise at seven in the morning. Lol..
And Paro not addressing Mala as maasa.. Wat could be the reason? Did she come to know about something ?
Now who is teaching english? Why do I get a feeling that it is that stupid Shantanu ?

Thank you. I want fireworks too πŸ˜‰, but Maithili is a sweetheart who wants peace. Hence the doubts on her part.
Yes, in small towns and villages, that is the sad reality. Girls who have come back in disgrace are often ostracized even if its not their own faults. It happened to Paro in the prequel.
Most men are that way, I feel. They hate to be woken up with bad news or work πŸ˜†.
Paro's equation with Mala is different from the show. You'll know more.
Relax dear, I'll make it worth your while if you put up with stupid Shantanu 😊