Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
^^^

gahahahaha. and where has she said this wise thing? uff my gyaan is so incomplete.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
hehehe .. its one of those early office episodes.. I just went and watched it again.. episode 18.. payal is worried and determined Khushi is all set to show laad governor she can win the bet and keep her job.. first day of welcome to hell Khushi Kumari Gupta..
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

rhea,

😃

is this the one where she says, joote hain ki padosi ka kutta or words to that effect? they were both so totally hot in these episodes. red saree he may have needed but i was going up in flames just looking at the two, her gota stoking the flames even more. sooo different and sooo right together... i loved her genuine cooky ways and her tender loopy gutsy.
indi52 thumbnail
episode 100

a crisis often helps resolve things. he is mean nasty terrible, he has left her alone in the dark through the night, he has thrown her out of the car without any explanation, and yet when she sees him as she comes apart, he is only one thing to her. solidity, safety, security... her sahara. without thinking, without doubting for a second he'll be there, she flows unerring to him and homes in, holding him tight. hospital hug is pretty legendary around here and with good reason. yet another facet of love came rushing at us just as desire had done on diwali. this perhaps was trust... and he dd live up to it.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Me too missing spending all the time in blast. Now visiting too many sites. Spending half the time in logging in and logging out, bas. Not able to finish reading all posts anywhere towards the end of the day. I think, just how a school has a timetable for each subject, I should allot each day to a particular site and spend that day only there. Hmm, not a bad idea. Let me see if it can be put to use. Kuch toh kareka padi ... 
indi52 thumbnail
episode 101

three scenes and a song made up this episode for me. and it was all about connections. connections that you feel, that you can't perhaps describe but you just can't deny. and the right of these connections over you... their validity, their need in your life. even when you say you don't need them.

when it dawned on khushi who had paid the bill at the hospital, something went crazy in her. she called out "rukiye!" as asr walked down the corridor. a man come to do what he felt he ought to. a man who didn't ponder why he felt he needed to do this, but who came nonetheless, as if compelled by something in him.

she was angry. why did he do this? she can take care of her own father. she can manage. he kept looking at her quietly, intently, as if he could sense every feeling of hers... as if he was with her in them.

asr didn't raise his voice. the man who loses his shirt at the slightest sign that someone is ignoring him or not giving him his due, stayed completely calm, just watchful... as if trying to understand her sate of mind. he said he knew she could manage, he explained he did this because he felt his accountant had not been right ...

her most pertinent question... why are you doing this for me? i just work for you, i am not family, not related.

in the context of what happened later in the episode i found it intricate and lovely . khushi had spoken of the sort of connections that do merit doing what he did. and between to people not related by blood, this tie is usually  brought about through marriage, making someone from outside one's family, family.

it was not a heavy handed loaded statement she made. but ever so lightly, in the guise of a hysterical outburst the idea of rishtedar/rishta, relative/relationship... came in.

then a lovely turn, when without him saying anything, she suddenly struck her forehead with her hand and said, what am i doing, i have gone mad... you are only trying to help.

a vulnerable, extremely scared and anguished girl, who is tough and clean and a fighter and who is going haywire at the state her father is in, tried hard to cope with it all but perhaps because he had come back and perhaps because in this hour of need only one person seemed stable and solid to her, she allowed herself to let go... feel her pain, her fear... her tiredness. she couldn't tell anyone. but maybe something told her, she could tell him. and he who had gone through enough in his life could sense her extreme fragility and didn't want to harm her in any way, every instinct of his made him want to come to her.

the next scene is of course of astonishing beauty.

she sat alone on a cold hospital bench. a stark hospital air all around. those who have been to hospitals and waited while a dear person suffered know the terribly hard, almost metallic coldness of this despair, enhanced by that hospital feeling all around. she had not waited for him. she must have thought he's gone as she sat there with her face buried in her hands. but he couldn't go. a beautiful top shot of him standing before her, like an oasis or island the two of them in a sea of pale indifferent off white.

then he sat gingerly, leaving the seat between them empty.

two orphans, two children, two people who know pain not many have known... two lovers.

he waited.

she tried to control herself...

then she gave in, she talked to him... she let him in.

"jab se babu ji ke saath aisa hua hai, hume kuch samajh mein nahiun aa raha hai..." from the time this has happened to babu ji i can't figure out what to do...

she broke down... she couldn't face all this any more she said. she wept, her body heaving, sobs erupting... if something happened to her babu ji... no, not a second time... she would not be able to...

he wasn't used to seeing the strong gutsy girl he knew, so broken. she was a fighter. he looked at her quietly, he seemed to be saying, don't worry, i am here with you. and then his hand which lay on the knee seemed to come to life, it lifted slowly... reached out... he touched her head with the gentlest, surest touch.

he wanted to console her, he wanted to say, i will take care of you. it's a most protective gesture. usually an elder, a parent, puts their hand on the head of a child, a sign of blessing, of protection.

it was an unspeakably beautiful moment. the emotions in it were too deep and too vast to measure or name. above all i felt a need in him to connect to her. just connect.

and when she looked up and at him, she seemed to have felt it.

there was no place for words any more. no need even.

at "rukiye!", hey hey hey heyhey, rabba vey had started, the call of their hearts was in those moments as they met.

as his hand touched her head, a song rose. tu hi bata mere maula tu hi bata mere rabba. the call of the innermost being to the most sacred in us, to the divine... tell me, god... tell me...

the sufi song, powerful and completely lost in a sense of the eternal, flowed all around asr and khushi. they sat quiet, as if tied by what had transpired. in khushi, a calm, a solace had been found. she was not crying and bereft... stronger, more resolute. he sat still, the slightest bit of tender awkwardness between them.

felt like their story had reached a new level.

and a permanent relationship had been established.

the song swirled around them as they both at last got up and walked away, going in opposite directions, both looking back to see the other as if unable to help themselves. this is an old movie/tv device. but when barun sobti and sanaya irani do it, it's absorbing, exciting, you can't look away.

as once before in episode 18, the song included akash and payal in its flow and the fervent call to the one above for answers... these two people were also on caught in a conundrum of connection and its denial. back then these connections had just stared to get established, no one had any idea where they led.

a great distance has been covered. the man, who had asked a young innocent woman to go and measure five practically naked men in an effort to get rid of her, had just put his hand on her head in a gesture of a promise, of trust, he was here to stay.

akash and payal too had come to a place neither had envisaged...
tu hi bata mere maula... where were all these connections headed.

and finally the scene where khushi is told by bua ji and a smiling amma that she must marry shyam. i watched sanaya do khushi's reaction to this sudden suggestion. she was gobsmacked at first and then an unrest rose in her eyes.

marry shyam? it was as though it was wrong for her to even hear such a thing. she never said to both the ladies that this is hardly the time to talk about such things. she looked concerned when it was said that that's what babu ji wanted... it would help him recover... i wondered the first time i saw if she'd relent at that. the usual hindi serial achhi ladki attack.

she didn't. she said simply to shyam he was her friend, she couldn't imagine marrying him. lovely clear eyed conscientious khushi... bold too.

but that talk of building a permanent relationship with another really unsettled her, it felt wrong possibly... for hadn't she just tied a tie quite timeless with another?

a simple gesture... a hand on the head. but what it meant... was it not sacred? was she not already beginning to belong elsewhere... a rishtedari beyond a conventional one.

many years ago, i saw the movie parineeta in bangla. it's based on a simple tale of connections by saratchandra chatterjee. during an auspicious hour deemed to be a good time for marriage, a young man puts a garland on a very young girl, who was their neighbour's daughter. in bengal, the mala badal or the exchange of garlands is a significant custom of a wedding. she always hero worshiped him and once he'd done that, she considered herself to be married. she believed she was his wife. even though he had no clue. she never married and never told anyone why, thankfully finally the young man returned and was terribly moved by her commitment... there was a happy ending.

today khushi reminded me of parineeta. when she looked totally uncomfortable at the mere idea of marrying shyam. when she went up to him smartly and clearly said no.

relationships are built in ways and moments that no one can really predict. the story tellers of ipk had a keen sense of that.

and barun sobti and sanaya irani made each of those moments true and undeniable.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
episode 102

chamko detergent powder. everything in this episode seemed to be shining. 

from mami ji's gaudy big gold to the cleaning and polishing of the house for diwali with its pink and green duster heads to op's slightly familiar but endearing, "arre hum toh sach mein phargettiya gaye... oo aapke tups uthane ke hai na,"... oh i really  forgot, i have to get your tops, right.. there was a bright and sparkly thing feeling. the "tups" had me laughing uncontrollably.

but what shone most lay deep in the hearts and thoughts of two people caught in a mesh of feelings. tenderness, awkwardness, wonder, concern, care, feelings that make stars shine more, and silver coins appear magically.

for the first time the shining one, chamkili, spoke of her notion of love. as you'd expect, she used to wear her mother's chunari on her head and dream of being married... her day dream contained stars and happiness.

when i fall in love, she said, i thought the stars would shine brighter in the sky. and all around only he will be visible, aur jab woh saamne aayenge toh phool barasne lagenge, and when he'd appear before me, flowers would fall all around... aanchal mein sitare chamakne lagenge... in my anchal would glitter stars... par iss waqt iss waqt hume aisa kuch bhi mehsoos nahin ho raha hai... but right now i don't feel any of those things.

payal teased her where would she find such a bewakoof, a fool, who would fulfill her foolish dreams.

"bata, hai koi aisa nazar mein..." say, do you have someone in mind? hey hey heyheyhey went the music and her eyes went sad and a yearning seemed to appear... perhaps she had found him?

she lay in bed and remembered a man who had been willing to kill someone who had dared to touch her. a man who had put his hand on her head.

tender, shiny moments.

into that a slow dissolve, the man she dreams of lies looking up at the ceiling. a series of intoxicating top shots show arnav singh razada lying awake, thinking of a girl who had hugged him tight, who had turned back and looked at him in the hospital... he is getting immersed in her... he closes his eyes.

both in each others thoughts and now not with anger and friction, just there... in each other.

nainital was all along a mcguffin i think, a red herring hitchcock style. while we are all chasing that destination, the trip has taken them somewhere else entirely. the real destination... connection with each other... somewhere right next to the tenderest, sweetest place within.

morning brings a lighter note, signaled by mami's seeta geeta hunt. a line up of miss gurgaon and miss noida is rejected by akash. then he blurts out before di, he wants no miss this that, no miss at all in fact. he wants someone who is "uchhi bhi na ho.. bas... bas ho... jaise ki payal ji.. "

dialogues had a glimmer in them today, di laughed and said, "akas bitwa, aap toh chha gaye!"

khushi walked in and saw rm was undergoing diwali cleaning and there sat a worker skiving. what?!

"aap jaantey bhi hain ki jiske ghar mein aap kaam kar rahe woh hai kaun!" do you know whose house you're working in? okay kkg was going to introduce asr to asr.

"pehle" he will do what the what the and then "yun!" will he throw you out of your job... she warned the lazy man. did his eyes begin to smile at that? since his face was covered with her handkerchief, one had to study the eyes... only for the sake of posterity of course.

i had to start laughing when he pulled down the kerchief...

that heen haaeen haaeeen music careened off, funny and shrieky and a lovely contrast to the many hued rabba vey. there love story had many facets and all the colours of love, humour included. in fact, without that it would not really be asr khushi and that wink wink sexy.

his eyes were gentler somehow today. she had suffered a lot. he clearly wanted to see her feeling more happy, or as my husband would say, chipper.

shew as totally distracted around him... "khushi.. tumhare babu ji kaise hain?" how is your father/ he is gentle gentle gentle... killing. can't stop looking at her. she almost passe out but managed to answer.

she broke a vase, he came over, saw, but didn't flip his lid... she watched worried, frightened and a bit loopy. di said who broke his favourite vase. he said, i did. she gawked. di in her sprightly mood quipped, because you didn't like it, you broke it! man of the manor called out to om prakash to clean the mess and walked away. girl kept gawking.

then came the sweetest, most caring gesture and a gleaming hint of asr love more shiny than two silver coins.

khushi asked for twenty packets of a detergent powder when di said op was going dhanteras shopping for them, and she could ask him to get what she wanted.

a bit starnge i thought that op will pick up all that gold "gellery" for mami and clan, anyway, since khushi couldn't buy expensive stuff she decided to try her luck with the chamko offer, and see if she could win a silver coin. if not, she told di in her upbeat way, there'd be washing powder for a year in stock.

asr heard her and did what he had to do. to watch her smile and laugh and jump and be happy, it filled him with such joy... he hid behind potted plants and watched the sanka devi leaps and hi fives...

his eyes shone, as did her smile. what really glittered today was not silver or gold... it was love.

and neither of them even knew that it was there.

one of the most unforgettable scenes, asr sitting with chamko detergent and putting silver coins into a packet making sure no one sees him. such a compelling need to see her feeling a little less worried, down.

there was a sweetness in the diabetic's look and act that would give all the jalebis of the world a run for their syrup and crunch. perhaps the first episode on this light delicate tender note.

two lovely dialogues on chamko:

mami, "ka jaani kaun dhulega is phati saree ke haathon..." who knows who'll get washed (beaten up) in the hands of phati saree.

khushi, "nahin anjali ji, agar hamare kismat mein yahi packet likha hai toh yahi sahi..." no anjali ji, if in my fate this packet is written, then let it be this.

she would take whatever life gave her and make do with it, without moping, is the sense i got... there was always that can do glint to her character. and today she was lovely right through, brilliant portrayal by sanaya.

"ek nahin... do do mile..." not one, she's got two silver coins. a man watching looked like he'd just come upon a gold mine.

passing thought

How hard the man fell... and no clue he has. Totally sexy to watch a grown man do such a sweet, mad thing for a girl whom he can't bear to see unhappy. she never found out about this, he never found out about her gold bangles, somehow it didn't seem to matter. what mattered was they'd do this for the other. Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

episode 102

chamko detergent powder was borrowed from the much loved almost cult film "chashme baddoor". deepti naval, only 24 at the time, is a sales girl for the chamko company... seems she has to visit 20 houses every day and that day faroukh sheikh's house is the last one. he says he isn't interested. when a despondent deepti n turns to leave, he suddenly calls out,

"suniye miss chamko, aap dijiye apna demonstration!" listen miss chamko, please give your demonstration. it was a cool kinda love story of the early eighties.

so here we had the 20 packets and mami and akash talking about all the misses maybe to complete the chamko reference?

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 340

practically nothing felt right about the episode. apart from maybe asr's first "shut up" to khushi.

a lot of things happened. these days episodes are really packed with stuff but everything feels a little forced. even the cute exchanges between asr and khushi. today i think i laughed only when manorama came charging up with coconuts to fix her fave nephew's mood.

that playing and making silly jokes at wedding time feels so familiar, even if slightly nauseating but well, our weddings aren't quite complete without it.

the rap between utkarsha naik and barun sobti is pretty neat too. he has that slightly shocked air around his gold infested relative and she is only indulgent and loving toward her super successful neph. and though of course you can't convince asr that he has to break a coconut on khushi's head for something or the other, their vibe was so funny, i did giggle.

"bachelorwa hello hi aur marriagewa bye bye!" and soon after that "rich one" for ritual and that irritated incredulous "rich one?!!" from asr. rather nice.

"ye sab kya ho raha hai..." what's all this. his voice gets me as he addresses everyone, "maine kab kaha ki main shadi tod raha hoon..." when did i say i am calling off the wedding. he sounded great and looked fabulous, but the whole thing was too cutesy and why the clear shot of a man with a bald patch from the back? couldn't the director tell that was not asr?😆😆😆

alas, everything else was to use a high falutin' word... meh.

even asr looking gorgeous at the poolside staring at his bride to be. of course the evil sorcerer had move the pool again.

right at the end, that pushing of kkg against the door... that "of course!" yeah she is the biggest deal of his life... i felt a riff of excitement. here is a man, a hot blooded, adult clever funny man with a violent temper and a terrible need to be loved. a man who loves magnificently and without caution. who is already married to this woman... his wife, whom he wants home. in his life, in his bed, by his sie ery night.

and all around this goofy, bubble gummy natak. hat's going on? he said sorry, i knew he would. again it seemed to come right out and hit me. galat. this was not sahi.

but that push against the door. yes, that was asr. i am glad camera and director wanted him to be just him for a bit.

damn the trp.

i said nothing about khushi because one episode at a time they took khushi away from herself. today, i didn't almost recognise her. a slightly hard and brassy so called khushiness. except for that one place at the end where she charged him with her return volley... she too was upset, how could he do that to her. for a few seconds a normal woman... khushi.

After  along time I am reading an analysis. 
you didn't like their silent communication? I actually loved it, especially via NK. His various expressions, frown, furrowing brows, mesmerizing looks, all were too good to watch. And of course the declaration of the great deal of his life amused me.
Mami was hilarious. It felt good that finally she was accepting phati saree as her daughter in law.
Barun's BD was bald! 😆 Oh Gosh how could they do this blunder. how did they forget that Barun is a hairy man. I am sure he will never be bald in his life.😆 And Khushi also doesn't like bald man. ðŸ˜†
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hi, Indi di, wonderful take on 102. Is it your new take or old one? I think I read this before. 
the most chamkoo, I mean shining part of the episode was ASR's love for Khushi. He is such a rich man that if he wishes he can make anyone's life filled with dhanteras, money, gold, gems and what not. But he couldn't do it for the girl who touched his heart and soul for the first time. She certainly did lot of fadak since she entered in his life. 
Nainital trip was very significant for both of them. The depth of their relationship escalated more in this trip. He was already in remorse to leave her in the dark room for the whole night. She fell ill too for his misdeed. Then he got her out from the car while driving back from Nainital. He was in contrition more when he heard of her babuji's heart attack. He couldn't hug her back in the hospital when she tried to find solace in his embrace. His heart became heavier when he saw her tension and struggle to pay the hospital bill. He tried to share her burden by paying off the bill.
When he almost was in rendition, he just couldn't bridle his desire to give her some comfort. He was desperate to see her smile. But how could he give her gems, jewelry. So he furtively inserted two silver coins in the detergent packet. He just couldn't give her one! If he could he would've filled the packet with gold coins.