Thaau, Machees Aahe Ka? " 13/4

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Thaau, Machees Aahe Ka? - 13/4

First episode, and I am impressed. It started with some journalism school where Kabir Sharma is supposed to give a talk. But he isn't arriving and to everyone's surprise, he is sitting in the room itself among the others.

He asks what is news and no one answers  and he tells them that news is like intoxication and it was never easy and never would be easy to sell news, sell nasha'. Someone asks whether they should use Saam, Daam, Dand, Bhed' to find news, not sure about the spelling. xD And he counters, how do you know reporters don't do it?

Scene shifts to a hospital where Ananya and the camera man, Sunny, I think, are finding Pramila Radheshyam and no one knows who she is. Meanwhile, in KKN channel office, the reporter is getting ready for live telecast. Some old lady approaches Sunny with some paper, a letter from a doctor and she is not being catered for. Ananya takes things in her hands, and stands on the reception desk and shouts, asks camera to roll even the nurses and doctors protesting. Finally, with all the attention she helps both that woman and finds Pramila.

It seems when President Obama came to Delhi, show is based in Delhi, they had to divert lot of traffic. and Pramila, who was due for delivery couldn't reach the hospital.

The owner of KKN is watching this from his club, and is not impressed. He asks the editor if that lady's kid is alive, if it is, then this isn't news and he doesn't want it on TV. The editor is quite stern with him, but couldn't resist his orders and says she had a son. He doesn't like that this guy says it is news only if the kid had died.

They change the news to weather report, where that reporter is some blonde bothered about makeup and lipstick.

Then, the owner calls Kabir and he says he will bring some news in five minutes. He takes the picture of a sweeper, who doesn't have pension and other social security measures. He reaches the club and shows him the piece of news about such small people not being catered to.

Kabir doesn't work with these people I think, and that is when the owner asks him to become the Editor of KKN. He says people wait for Kabir's news who can clearly get breaking news from anywhere.

Meanwhile, in the office, the reporter on TV, the first one, is canoodling with some lady, couldn't get the dialogue, some politics in office I think.

Meanwhile, Kabir tells the owner to provide them with gratuity and stuff.

In the office, Ananya sees the sweeper wala news, I think, Kabir works/runs Delhi Kranti and says he looks into places where no one bothers and makes news out of virtually nothing. He is her idol.

Later, in the office, Ananya gets a call about some headlines and rushes to find Sunny who is busy hogging. A funny scene there, when she snatches the plate from the dude. They go to a politician's house, where that old man is getting married to a young girl forcefully. He has paid money to the girl's father who doesn't want to marry him, the priest with the politician suggests he marries, I think. These two, manage to con the guards and enter and start recording the marriage happening. On the other end, we see Kabir recording it too, but only for a moment.

Outside, Kabir comes with a shawl and a turban draped, asks the guard in Marathi, for a matchstick. Then, he peers through the gate and asks, if shooting is happening inside, and if he can see some actors. The guard realises something is up and Ananya and Sunny are caught.

Meanwhile, now we get RK's entry scene when in the dark he throws the shawl and turban with the camera in hand. Clearly, he is a better journalist.

We are back to the lecture, and Kabir very informally is squatting down on the stage and gives a message that, Truth, goodness and success never go together in life. They don't complement each other, they are enemies. I think, he was narrating it to them.

Precap - Some news about Kabir himself, reporters gather for his words, and Ananya fumbles in front of him.

My Take

Okay. I was mighty impressed with everything. First of all, Rajeev is BRILLIANT! And I think, I have truly become a Rajeevian, after like one episode. His entry was brilliant. And the way he got the other reporter caught while getting his news, shows how crafty he is.

And he isn't wrong. Now, it isn't the time when we work on the path of righteousness alone and succeed. We have to get past all obstacles in any way we can. He is right. Truth and goodness have no place in this world. Something, none of us will agree with, publicly. But honestly, it is a fact.

I admire his guts for openly speaking his mind! Superb! He was sitting with everyone in the lecture and he was NOT late. Ironical that, we have so many guest speakers who feel they can walk in anytime.

Ananya is very bubbly and she believes in getting her way albeit making sure she can help as many people as possible. She is bold and courageous and a little funky with the standing on the desk act. Funny too.

The scenes in the office and the club where the owner is, are pretty much realistic on what happens in the media world. People run after sensations and TRPs and less about facts. We have some news that is hitting all screens all channels in one week and after that it is gone! What actually happens to the victims, is the situation any better? We don't know and we don't seem to care.

We also know the channel isn't running, TRPs suck. So, some change is required and the owner is trying to get Kabir in, to the channel.

Kabir finding the cleaner and making news is partly for his benefit and partly for the workers' benefit. He isn't wrong in trying to find good news.

The scene in the politician's house is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so common, he is so old, with kids older than the bride, and he is marrying her. Cheap guy. AnSu are good people but aren't as smart as they must be to get the news.

Kabir was just fabulous!!!!!

I couldn't recognise him at first, he is a natural! Comes in and clearly gives them away. But it is their fault if they don't pre-empt that. It was astoundingly delightful and I was awestruck.

All in all, my hopes and expectations have increased manifold!

Do give in your comments and thoughts. I couldn't add more detail since Sony quality at home is pathetic and I couldn't hear half the things.

Love

Naj

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Fabulous analysis of the first episode Naz...
I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Rajeev was picture perfect as kabir...
The mischievous and wicked smiley hero.
I am glad he is not angry young man with some sad past.
He is a cool guy. A bit shrewd too.
Ananya was cute and bubbly...and kittu did the job well.
Though the hospital scene was a bit OTT.
All in all I enjoyed the episode.
And Rajeev nailed it as kabir.
Natural actor...
Eagerly waiting for tomorrow now...
Finally a relief from cliche saas bahu sagas.
LoveSonu2408 thumbnail
Hi naj.1st impression is awsm.all is brilian of rajeev-ntry scene,dialogue delivery,style,attitude,sense of humour jst brilliant.kritika in a new role-gr8 job.i jst lv the lst part of the shw!luking 4ward 2 it.specialy kaya meeting scene & whn thy strt working 2gethr.
Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: quirky_senorita

Fabulous analysis of the first episode Naz...

I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Rajeev was picture perfect as kabir...
The mischievous and wicked smiley hero.
I am glad he is not angry young man with some sad past.
He is a cool guy. A bit shrewd too.
Ananya was cute and bubbly...and kittu did the job well.
Though the hospital scene was a bit OTT.
All in all I enjoyed the episode.
And Rajeev nailed it as kabir.
Natural actor...
Eagerly waiting for tomorrow now...
Finally a relief from cliche saas bahu sagas.

Yes. It is a relief actually. And I agree. He isn't an angry young man with a divorced mother or drunken dad. 😆 What I like is, he shrewd and business minded and practical not because of bitter experience but because, he wants to be that! Ya. That was OTT. But, I am watching it for Kabir and RK.❤️😆😉
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
hmm nyc analysis
kabir awesome
Rajeev nailed it

Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SONU2408

Hi naj.1st impression is awsm.all is brilian of rajeev-ntry scene,dialogue delivery,style,attitude,sense of humour jst brilliant.kritika in a new role-gr8 job.i jst lv the lst part of the shw!luking 4ward 2 it.specialy kaya meeting scene & whn thy strt working 2gethr.

All of us are now! They gave us a good first episode!😉
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: najma123

Yes. It is a relief actually. And I agree. He isn't an angry young man with a divorced mother or drunken dad. 😆 What I like is, he shrewd and business minded and practical not because of bitter experience but because, he wants to be that! Ya. That was OTT. But, I am watching it for Kabir and RK.❤️😆😉

Absolutely Rajeev was just awesome I have no words to praise him...😳
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Kabir Sharma was AWESOME ..& So as Rajeev .He was truly Brilliant ..Especially In the Last Part ..He simply nailed it 👏⭐️.. & Like someone said here that He is practical , Shrewd and Cool and very very Smart & Clever & ofcourse Manipulative , And the Best part is that it is not coz of some any Sad past or any reason .but It was coz He chose to be like that 👍🏼.
sonyjknum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Yet to watch the episode but loved your analysis
Pizookie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Quite an engaging episode it was.👍🏼