INTERVIEW -- Chatting up Dr Shashank

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

Mohnish Behl is esctatic to be back as Dr Shashank, the role that made him a household name on the small-screen...
Your Dr Shashank seems to be the only character to be retained in the sequel of Sanjivani.
At this point of time, yes. There's a possibility of some other characters being brought back at a later date.

What was your reaction when you were approached for the role?
I was ecstatic. I never wanted Sanjivani to go off the air and had pointed as much to the channel. A hospital series revolving around a doctor-patient relationship can go on indefinitely, even if the actors change. But Sanjivani veered away from the hospital and ended up as a family drama..
Unfortunately, that's true. I guess, if a show is aired everyday there has to be some sort of variation. Though mind you, I did point out that abroad serials like ER and Grey's Anatomy are still going on without deviating from the hospital track. However, our social demography is different and channels know better. How much has Dr Shashank changed?
Dr Shashank has become the chief executive officer. He continues to be a man of principles. Only he has matured and is not forceful anymore. When he was new he needed to emphasise his point but now he is subtle because he knows he will get his way.

With your daughter Anjali becoming a doctor how is the father-daughter relationship projected?
Anjali is a chip off the old block. She is ambitious and aims to become the chief of the hospital. However, her means of getting there are immoral. She has grown up without a mother and Shashank thinks he may have gone wrong in bringing her up. Yet, they share an intrinsic love

What about your relationship with your real daughter Pranutan?
Oh, it's wonderful. She's in the ninth grade and is currently interested in a lot of things including acting, classical dancing and oh boy! even being a pilot. She's my biggest fan and thinks the world of me which I guess will change after she grows up and realises differently when somebody else comes into her life. (laughs)

How are the new interns?
They are pretty good and raw as actors. The slight rawness is a plus point because as new interns they are expected to be inexperienced. As the serial progresses they will be more finished and grounded. Are you doing any other serials besides Dill Mill Gayye?
None. However, I have three films lined up, one of which, Choodiyan is complete. It's a woman-oriented film with Gracy Singh playing the pivotal role. I have an interesting role in this as her friend. There's another Mera Bharat Mahan that is being directed by Sameer Karnik.

You opted out of many serials in the recent past. Didn't you enjoy any roles after Sanjivani?
I was very happy with Devi because that was also a weekly. For Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, I had made it clear at the outset that I will not be replacing any character or actor. Initially, for four months things were fine but after that I was told to step into the shoes of Om Agarwal and I didn't want to do that. Invariably you are compared to the earlier actor and I didn't want to get into that scenario. In Kayamath I was supposed to do a cameo but the role extended beyond that and I didn't have dates to spare because I had commited to my films.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=16890

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

famy.kn thumbnail
so there is a chance of anjali turning into a vamp .......thanx for the article
nitu07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: famy.kn

so there is a chance of anjali turning into a vamp .......thanx for the article

every show needs a vamp to spice thing up .....I guess๐Ÿ˜• and anjali is perfect๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†
Sukriti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
he is a good actor thanx for sharing
:.Roshni.: thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awww he hs a daughter in 9th grade ๐Ÿ˜› lol
thnx fr sharing ๐Ÿ˜ณ

luv ya
roshni
xxxxx