Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mariia.R thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Lovely update, very heart warming.

The flashback was nice.

And the last paragraph was my favorite; loved how Rudra was playful with Paro when he told about the award.

And I liked a lot the "Can you kiss the pain away" -part. Rudra was so understanding when Paro felt shyness. Hoping to see some romance in the future... 😳

Waiting for next update!

🤗

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

<font size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Deeps!What to do with you?😕</font>
<font size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">I thought Rithu was Kannada/Malayali as she never interacted in Tamil and if she is I was sure you knew by now so I just assumed she's not.😕</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Well better late than never 😆 but now I'm thinking how many silent Tamil people having their daily dose of humor because of you🤣🤣</font>

Ah...deeps. I thought you were the one behind it, but since you didn't remember, I assumed I guessed wrong.
Sush, a lot of silent people will be enjoying Deeps' sense of humour even if they don't understand Tamil. But for the people who do, it's a bonus.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: firsttimehere

<div>Hey Rithu , Personal and professional life has become hectic these days .. with so many commitments and deadlines .. I am finding it hard to get some "MY" time for IF 🤢.. I will be here not very frequently from now onwards for sometime till things get settled .. But count me in as one of your readers for this FF and anything else you write😊.. I may get late in reading and responding but I will still be here😃

I understand. Real life can get stressful sometimes. Do take time to relax though.
I'm glad you are one of my regular readers and always look forward to your reviews. So drop by whenever possible.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fimiramak

<font color="#cc0066">Lovely update, very heart warming. </font>

<font color="#cc0066" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">
</font>

<font color="#cc0066">The flashback was nice. </font>

</font>

<font color="#cc0066">And the last paragraph was my favorite; loved how
Rudra was playful with Paro when he told about the award.
</font>

</font>

<font color="#cc0066">And I liked a lot the "Can you kiss the pain away" -part.
Rudra was so understanding when Paro felt shyness. Hoping to see some romance
in the future... 😳
</font>

</font>

<font color="#cc0066">Waiting for next update!</font>

</font>

<font color="#cc0066">🤗</font>

<font face="Calibri"></font>

Thank you. I love the playful and teasing Rudra the best. And Paro is shy for now but in time she will also work her charms on her husband.
I'm not bringing any heavy issues in right now between them. So there is plenty of fluff instore.
Posting the next update now.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Chapter 3

The Ranavats were waiting in the courtyard and Mohini asked rather sternly "What's going on Samrat? Why has your wife asked as all to convene here after dinner?" Her husband asked to relax and enjoy the evening after such a feast her daughters-in-law prepared. "Your wife can't relax these days, Babloo. Maithili is busy with Shanthi nowadays and she can't boss around Paro because Rudradev will object. Nobody is there to heed her every whim," Dilsher teased. Sunheri replied before the two get into their usual arguing, "Maasa, Bhabhisa told me there is some good news to be shared with the family." Shanti came out of the kitchen dancing and singing "Kheer, kheer, yummy Kheer." Mohini looked pointedly at Samrat and asked if they are planning on adopting another child. He swiftly shook his head in denial. "Why Maasa? what's wrong if they adopt another child?" Sumer enquired. His aunt replied that another child isn't a problem but she wanted a boy for Samrat this time. "Why Maasa, why can't we have another angel like Shanti dancing around our house?" Sunheri asked. Mohini explained how girls usually marry and move on to make their own homes and build their own families. Sons are needed to support the parents in their oldage. Maithili and Paro, who entered the room with small bowls of kheer for everyone saw the girl's crestfallen face. "Someday a handsome prince will come riding on a white horse and carry you of to his castle where you will live happily ever after" Maithili teased her sister-in-law. Everyone started to laugh and Sunheri blushed. "Chup, that's enough. This is the time for her to focus on her studies don't fill her head with such romantic notions," Mohini warned. Danveer sobered up too and agreed with his wife their daughter was still in college. There was to be no talk of marriage till she graduates.

Dilsher asked both young women what was the occasion after grabbing a cup for himself and for Rudra who sat next to him. Maithili looked at Rudra and nudged Paro who was looking at her husband hoping he would say something. Dilsher pulled his son into a bear hug, "I'm going to be a grandfather." Sunheri joined her niece's little dance. Samrat started towards his cousin but stopped realising that he may not welcome a hug. Mohini was stunned, "He's been married a week." Sumer who was sitting next to her heard the statement and reminded her that Paro lived with them when they faked their engagement. The image of their Choodi Leela flashed in her mind but she shook herself and admonished her son. She started to pray, "Hey Bholenath, please bless my nephew with a lovely daughter." Her daughter was confused as her mother just explained why a boy is preferred. "Why should Rudra bhaisa have a daughter and Samrat bhaisa a son?" she asked straightaway. "Because your mother doesn't want a mini volcano like my Rudradev in the house. Don't worry so much, Mohini. Parvati beendani will make sure any child of hers will be well-mannered" he assured his sister-in-law.

Paro felt very awkward and wondered why Rudra is quietly eating the kheer ignoring the commotion. She went up to him and requested, "Rudra, say something." He looked at her smiled and replied that the kheer was very nice. She started to mumble under a breathe, "Calls himself my Rakshak, but cannot open his mouth and save me from embarrassment." He felt slighted. He whispered that both Jallad and Rakshak were her names for him and said that if the the idea of bearing his child is embarrassing she shouldn't have married him. He walked away quietly to his room. She felt terrible that his feelings were hurt. She rushed behind him, "Rudra! Wait!"

Rudra wasn't sure where they stood with each other. He knew that though Paro had been married before the idea of being physically intimate was daunting for her. He didn't want to rush her but her words confused him. Was she keeping a distance out of loyalty to her former husband. Even though he was a terrorist the vows she took with him were sacred to her. Maybe in the corner of his heart he was still her husband's killer even she thinks she loves him. He felt her arms wrap around him from the back. He shrugged her off. She hugged him again, "Rudra?" Again he shrugged her away and this time took a step away from her and placed his hands on his hips sternly. She stayed silent. He waited for her to come to him. When she didn't, he stepped back and took her arms and wrapped himself. She smiled and rested her head on his back. "Are you angry with me?" she asked softly. He told her that he was angry with himself. He rushed her into this wedding before making sure she was ready for it. He reminded her of the day when she told him that she wanted two children. She must have wanted all that with him, Varun. And now she must live that life with his murderer.

She felt the earth shake beneath her feet and she collapsed to diwan nearby. He was by her side instantly. "Paro... Paro...look at me are you alright?" He asked but she didn't hear him. Her thoughts went back to those days when she thought Varun was a perfect partner for her and who take care of her. But he was just using her for his criminal transactions. And if Rudra was even a few minutes late she shuddered to think of what could have been. She gave her husband a sad smile and said, "I have tried very hard to forget him and the lies he spun. I used to get nightmares thinking of what could have happened if you weren't there. Please Rudra let it stay in the past" she beseeched him. He was instantly assaulted by a feeling of relief and remorse. Relief that he still came first for his wife and it was just coyness of his new bride that was the hurdle. And remorse that he reminded her of what was the worst time in her life. He could still hear her screams in the desert when he held a gun to her face. He remembered how her legs gave out and her consciousness fled during the heat of battle. Those were days he wanted to forget for good once Tejawat pays for her tears.

Rudra sat down next to her and drew her into his embrace. He said, "We don't have to talk about it if it upsets you. But I want you to remember that no matter what happens I will always be there for you. Ok?" She nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck. "You trust me don't you?" he asked wanting to make sure. "More than myself, Rudra. I know I'll be alright as long as you are by my side. It was nice to live in Jaipur with Maasaji and Maasiji, but I can't run it all forever can I. It's a part of my life, just like my parents death. Varun's betrayal will always affect me. And I wouldn't have been able to deal with this without you by my side," she confided. It all made sense now, why she wistfully speaks of going far away once in a while. She wanted to escape her nightmares. "I'll always be by your side, Paro" he promised, hugging her tight. Relationships weren't easy for him either. He knew how it felt to be let down by someone he trusted. He needed to believe that the woman who now held his heart in her hands cherished it more than the one who raised him.

After a few minutes passed he helped her up, "Come lets go tell everyone that your not pregnant yet." His father appeared at their door and informed them that everyone has retired for the night. "Bapusa..." Paro started when he interrupted that they all realised that she wasn't in the family way. She didn't know how to respond. "It's alright beta. Nobody expects a child so soon. Besides your husband has to become more responsible and learn to control his tongue first. Otherwise the child could be traumatized for life," he joked. She immediately defended her husband saying he is very responsible and his temper is not as volatile as before. He was happy to see her stand up for Rudra something people never do. "Okay, tell me what was the kheer for?" he asked. She was proud to tell him of his son's accomplishments when the man of the hour stood silent. She coughed to get his attention. Rudra turned to see that she was indicating to something. But he didn't follow so he asked her aloud what she wanted. Dilsher replied for her, "Rudradev Maharaji, my bahu wants you to bow down and ask for my blessings." Rudra gave him a look so he laughed and added, "That's not necessary Parvati. He always has my blessings." He nodded to his son and left the room.

Paro was surprised, she thought he would be more excited about this. Rudra came up from behind and embraced her. "He was hoping I would be promoted after this case," he explained. She was still upset as this award wasn't a small recognition. "If I get promoted it means that I will have more men under my command and will be able to delegate field work. Paro, Ranavat lost his leg in a mission because he was outnumbered. That's why Sumer and Samrat don't work for the BSD. That's why he can't sleep unless he sees me come home at night. My work gives him more anxiety that pride," he told her softly. She turned around and kissed him. "I'm proud of you. If you weren't in the BSD maybe Tejawat Thakur might be planning to sacrifice another girl this year for his own selfish needs. I'll always be proud of my brave soldier who will be ready to do anything in his fight for justice, even intimidate harmless village girls who are completely innocent" she teased. He smiled back at her and led her to their bed, "I'm a Jallad aren't I? What else did you expect." My Jallad, she thought to herself as she followed his lead.

As she lay in her husband's arms, her thoughts went to where she was last year on the same day. She was just chosen to be the bride in the ceremony and the Thakurain had described the man of her dreams. Was she guilty of all the things the newspapers were accusing her off? Was she thoughtless of the future of the Birpur brides? Rudra felt her shift, "Sleep Paro. We have to catch a early flight tomorrow." She turned around and pushed a lock of hair off his forehead. He opened his eyes and assumed that she was restless about travelling away from home for the first time. He told her that he will be with her and there was nothing to worry about. "I know, I wasn't thinking of that. I was thinking of Thakurainsa. Is she really a part of Thakursa's crime? She was so nice to me for so long" she told him honestly. Rudra thought for a minute and answered, "I caught them both together trying to escape. How can she be innocent? She failed the one who called her, Mother." He caught himself he didn't want to think about his childhood, "What I meant is, girls like you looked up to her and she didn't bother to do a background check on the men who arrived to marry them. She still hasn't enquired about you. Anyway, what I think doesn't matter, Paro. I have surrendered all the evidence to the court. It's up to them to decide who is right and who is wrong."

nik1310 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

Hi very prompt update. Mmm...kuch tho different tha...will 'mull' over what i probably felt different and come back...may b read 1 and 2 again...something to do w rudras thoughts...

Edited by nik1310 - 9 years ago
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice update Rithu.😳
1. The scenes you incorporated ...Kheer and back hug ...it's different scenario but this one also beautiful.
2. Paro's past ...which was conveniently forgotten😆... sad and her past too have an impact in both of their lives... the nightmares you said I craved for them  in RR😆  
3. Very touching when she said "she was ok in Jaipur but she needed Rudra " and Rudra's "I'll be with you always."
4. They do need these kind of assurances from each other till they are completely free of their past... 
5. Paro being Paro thinking about Maasa 
6. Small Volcano😳

Dislikes:
 It's not about your story but the way the adults think about having kids😕
After marriage they expect the kids soon... ðŸ¤¢ just like Bapusa but
liked Kakisa's wild imagination😆 of Paro being pregnant because Parud stayed together before marriage and this reason is more acceptable than being pregnant next day 😉
Now waiting for Rudra to tell the identity of Maasa, marriage and honeymoon... ðŸ˜³

Edited by KhushiParo - 9 years ago
tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I liked the Mohini humour. She never fails to crack me up. Definitely liked the explortation of the emotional sides of the relationship between Rudra and Paro and Dilsher. Looking forward to more.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Thank you 😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: nik1310

Hi very prompt update. Mmm...kuch tho different tha...will 'mull' over what i probably felt different and come back...may b read 1 and 2 again...something to do w rudras thoughts...

Thank you. My understanding of Rudra's character is that he is still affected by Mala's actions so needs the constant reassurance of his wife. The fact that she was married before and fought him for the fake marriage makes it worse. He won't lash out frequently but in a moment of weakness these demons will haunt him. I hope I'm making sense.