.Rajji. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: pinki123

aww really love it

it is soo interesting
amazing
cant wait for next part

thank you ! i genuinely appreciate that ! 

update will come right now ! 
.Rajji. thumbnail

PART 6

When they're all gone, Rajji proposes Sohum to sit down. He is looking at her intently thinking about what he has to say. He accepts to sit down and looks at the ground uncomfortable.

"Sohum? Kya apne mujhse khui baat karni thi?" 

"Err haa. Wo..." 

Rajji puts her hand on his arm "Sohum, mera dil gahbra raha hai. Gaar pe sabh to theek hai na?" 

Sohum looks at her hand, his mouth slightly open. Rajji puts her hand away as if she just has been burnt. Now she looks at the ground, her hands crossed on her lap. 

Sohum says "Jintha na kaar, saab theek hai" 

"tho peer... aap... yahan...?" 

"Haa." Silence, he sighs then continues "Rajji, I'm here to bring you home." 

Rajji is shocked. She gets up "I'm not going anywhere. This is my home and I'll stay here from now on-..." 

"Rajji listen to me at least." He puts his hand on her and she sits down again, but she has tears in her eyes.  "Whatever rishtaa there is between ourselves. Give it one more chance." 

"But why Sohum? What there is to gain by giving it one more chance? We'll just both be miserable and there is no reason for me to do that." 

"We got married in front of god rajji. We can't just ignore that and live our life like nothing happened." 

Rajji is lost in her thoughts as if she was processing what he is saying. Sohum continues "I realized that all this time you were by my side, I didn't give you one chance and now I regret it... and I want to repair my mistakes." 

"But why sohum? Why now? You're still in love with bani, am I right?" Sohum looks away but doesn't answer. Rajji tries again "Sohum..." 

but sohum interrupts her and says an abrupt "Yes." 

Rajji is defeated internally but she manages to get out a "Then... What are we trying for?" She gets up to leave but she freezes when sohum says "I remember". She turns around, with a shocked expression on her face. 

Sohum continues "I... I remember what happened... that night." She sits back down next to him. Sohum continues "I admit that I don't have that type of feelings for you and I never will but that doesn't mean we can't be good jeevan saathi for each other. I don't love you, you're right, I love bani but I want to take my responsibility as a husband to you... especially after what I've done to you. I won't be able to look at my reflection knowing that I ruined your life." 

He stays silent for a second, feeling a bit sick remembering what he has done. Rajji is silent too because for her, it wasn't a mistake so she is hurt by his words. For a moment that night, she finally felt like she had a place on his life, like she meant something for him. She felt loved and alive but it all came crashing down in the morning and know she has to sit here and listen to him say that it was the biggest mistake of his life, and that he now wants to stay with her only because of the guilt. 

Rajji is angry but she has a stern face when she says "I don't need your pity. I'll manage myself." 

Sohum frowns "Do you really think that someone else will agree to marry you, knowing that you've been a married wife? We're living in rural india, do you not know the mentality and customs of our people? This is not pity, this is my duty as a husband to take care of you" 

She is shaken by his words but she's putting up a front "I can take care of myself!" 

Sohum gets angry and grabs her arm "For god's sake. You are so stubborn! Maybe you can take care of yourself, but what if you're pregnant!!?" Rajji is stupefied, she hasn't thought about this.

Sohum sees how she is affected so he releases her arm and says calmly "listen rajji. I couldn't accept the fact that you were my wife up until now because I always dreamt that someday I'll be married to Bani. But life had other plans for me and now it's time for me to accept that. All I wanted was for you to leave so we could pretend that nothing ever happened but now it's too late. Blinded by my pain, I started to hate you and I've been hard on you, I know that. And I apologize. But you know me since our childhood and you know that I'm not such a bad man. I know I can treat you right from now on even if there is no love in between us." 

Rajji seems to be hesitating, and scared. 

Sohum adds "Rajji, now we're in this together and we have no other choice..." 

Rajji is looking at him, with tears in her eyes, softly, she says : "But what if our kismat isn't to be together?" 

They stay silent for a moment but then sohum starts again (he has been thinking that he doesn't care about kismet, he just can't leave his potentially pregnant wife on her own). "Give me one month. Just like buhajee gave you a month to gain her heart. Give me just 30 days to prove you that I can treat you right and make amends for my mistakes. And if after that time, you still believe that our destiny is to live apart, then I'll let you go." 

They stay silent for couple of seconds. Sohum says "Rajji. Please tell me you can give me a chance. Tell me you trust me." 

Rajji is silent, looking at the ground in front of her, when she looks back at Sohum, she sees that he has joined his hand in front of her. She is shocked to see him do that so she takes his hands and to answer his question, she nods slightly. 

Sohum has an obvious expression of relief on his face. he breathes out all of the tension away.

Rajji is thinking to herself that she is resigning herself to live a life without love. she is being strong and accepting it, but it is hard for her and she'll never be able to tell it to anyone, especially not sohum. What really hurts is that she really thought that sohum, was accepting her fully (as a wife and a lover) but now it has all disappeared, he is proposing her to be live-in partner, not lovers.

This conversation was so tiring that they sit at the same place for some time, recomposing themselves and having a small chat. Sarab comes back from the bazaar with desho. They are chatting together and having a laugh when he sees them sitting down together. He is a bit confused so he sends happy who was playing nearby to bring beejee and nirvail out to explain him what is going on. 

When nirval comes out, sohum doesn't let him say anything and grabs rajji's hand. He sees nirval's expression of shock and says firmly "I'm bringing Rajji back with me. This time I am taking her back knowing perfectly that she is rajji and not bani. I am promising you to treat her right. I know I have made mistakes and that I've probably broken your trust in me but Rajji agreed on giving me a second chance and she decided to go back with me." 

Nirvail can't trust his ears, he says "Rajji? What is this joke?" 

Rajji is about to speak when binder steps forward and cups her face with her hands "Thanks god. I knew you would be reasonable." She looks at Rajji straight in her eyes with a slight smile of relief. Rajji understands that her mother knows. 

Nirvail says "Binder! What are you saying? What is going on with you all?!" 

but beeji calls him "Putter, har joddhi bagwan jurtha hai. And I believe that god has something in plan for them two. It's not our place to oppose upper decision." Then she comes close of Sohum and looks at him straight in the eyes "God may have glued your life with Rajji's one but that doesn't mean he is not aware of the ups and downs of your relationship. Today I'm trusting you to take care of my rajji, but you have to know that there will be a price for your bad actions". 

Hearing this, sohum nods and touches her feet. Meanwhile binder had gone inside to bring out rajji's suitcase which rajji hadn't undone yet. Sohum and rajji say bye to everyone properly but in relative silence. Rajji reaches to take her suitcase but she sees a hand reaching before her, she lifts up her eyes and sees sohum looking at her. He nods slightly meaning "I got this" and he starts walking toward the front gate. She follows silently, head a bit down.

voila ! hope you've enjoyed this part and the discussion between sohum and rajji ! i took a bit of time to upload because i had to make some little additions. (1st draft was rough)

Edited by rajji-cutest - 9 years ago
.Rajji. thumbnail
Part 7

When they reach sohum's front door (they're about to enter the house) sohum turns towards her and puts his hand up "idhaar rookho" rajji is startled because in her head sohum is back to being the angry and cold sohum, she is about to ask what is going on but sirmeen opens the door suddenly, with an expression of shock on her face. She looks at both and stutter "I... I thought I had heard someone at the door..." then she sees rajji's suitcase and her mouth falls open "Rajji!? Are you coming back to live back with us?" 

Rajji nods, simren is extatic, she starts crying of happiness "ooh sohum, I knew you would bring her back. I knew you wouldn't let her go just like that!" Angad has come by the door too and hearing all of this, he is happily smiling. Simren steps out the house and takes rajji in her arms. "Come in, both of you come in!" 

but sohum says "Wait Babhi" simren freezes. Sohum seeing her expression says "Just... today is the recommencement of our relationship and I want to mark this. We can't do the whole marriage once again but at least I want rajji to be welcomed into this house properly, as rajji herself and as not bani. 

Angad says "you're absolutely right" he looks at simreen and nods. Simreen is smiling, she rushes inside and come back later with everything ready (the plate with the little candle, the bowl of rice on the ground, ...) rajji is very emotive doing all of this because it reminds her of the bad memories.

At night, it was agreed that rajji will go straight to bed as she must be tired (she insisted that she wasn't hungry anyway). 

After dinner, simren comes to check on Rajji and bring her a glass of milk. Simreen puts the glass on the nightstand and takes rajji hands. "Rajji..." 

Rajji wonders what is happening "yes babhi?" 

Simreen says "I'm so very happy that you came back. I would have missed you dearly, you know that right?" Rajji smiles slightly but simreen isn't finished "Rajji... Sohum told us about what happened... what atrocious thing he did to you and I wanted to apologize for not being here for you. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself or sohum" 

They are both crying. "No babhi, don't say that. Maybe... maybe I'm just as much responsible for what happened as Sohum" 

"How can you say that rajji, he forced himself on you" her voice breaks 

"no babhi, he had been drunking but I hadn't. I was aware of what was going on. But I didn't stop him" she takes two second to recompose "I couldn't stop him because for the first time I felt like I meant something, like I was something more than a nokhranee to this house. I felt like the feelings I had for him were returned from him to me. But I was wrong. It didn't mean anything for him. In the morning he didn't even recall anything... (she thinks about him saying "bani") I realized it was nothing for him. That's why I decided to get out of his life." 

They cry silently in each other arms and then simreen thanks god for bringing rajji back and she swears to rajji that now everything will be different.

Simreen leaves and later Sohum enters the room. He is a bit hesitant. But then he takes the carpet he has been sleeping on and gets out the room. Rajji is hurt because she thinks that again she'll have to deal with cold sohum but before she can even realize, he is back and he hasn't got the carpet with him. His eyes avoid Rajji as he comes around the bed and sits on it (rajji is on the door side and sohum on the window side). He starts getting under the covers but Rajji jump off the bed "So... sohum! Ye app kya..." 

"Raat hogayi. Mereko sona hai" he lies down and turns his back to her and close his eyes. Rajji is still standing next to the bed. Without turning back nor opening his eyes, sohum says "I'm going to sleep here. You sleep wherever you want. Good night" 

After a minute rajji, hesistant and confused decides to sleep next to him, taking care of not touching him. She keeps on moving to stay on the extreme border of her side of the bed, almost falling down. 

Sohum opens his eyes but without turning back, says "what happened... that night, happened because I was more than drunk. Nothing is going to happen from now on, you have nothing to fear." He closes his eyes, arranges his pillows and falls asleep. 

After a few moments, rajji is a bit ashamed and embarrassed but also falls asleep.

Edited by rajji-cutest - 9 years ago
Aishaarani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful update πŸ‘ πŸ‘
thanjs for updating fast...
pinki123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow i loved it soo much😳😳😳
soham and rajji sleeping on bed awww😳😳
cant wait for next partπŸ˜ƒ
amazing update
πŸ‘
nami9j thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow 2 updates πŸ˜ƒ..
ya loved soji conversation.. very thoughtful one.. but it was heartbreaking that soham still didn't realised his love for rajji and thinking that night as a mistake.. but he asking for 30 days time from rajji sounds interesting..
now I understood the title of ur story 😊.

.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sojifan

Wonderful update πŸ‘ πŸ‘
thanjs for updating fast...

thank you for replying ! πŸ˜Š
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: pinki123

wow i loved it soo much😳😳😳

soham and rajji sleeping on bed awww😳😳
cant wait for next partπŸ˜ƒ
amazing update
πŸ‘

glad you loved it darling ! 
that was a cute scene ! 
sohum knows that he can't make her sleep on the floor anymore, he wants her to stay with him that means not treating her like an animal. 

thank you for the reply ! πŸ˜†
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: nami9j

wow 2 updates πŸ˜ƒ..

ya loved soji conversation.. very thoughtful one.. but it was heartbreaking that soham still didn't realised his love for rajji and thinking that night as a mistake.. but he asking for 30 days time from rajji sounds interesting..
now I understood the title of ur story 😊.

yeah, that's my way for apologizing to have been a bit late with the update lately  !! 

it's a bit too soon for realization don't you think ?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜› right now he just wants to make whats right. 

haha now you get it ! πŸ˜ƒ
let's see how the 30 days get on πŸ˜‰

huggies to you !
ProudAhamian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajji-cutest

Yeah that was not smart of me, this is the first ever SS/FF written and no one was posting anything of that short on this Forum so i didn't know if i should post it. 

glad you're still here to read it ! If my story reach out to at least one person, i'll be the happiest person ever !πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

😊