I fail to understand how can whole villge be so dumb

garapati thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
This my first post here sorry if anyone is offended by the title.
I loved the show's concept and chakor's character. But I don't understand how came whole villagers including charkor's parents think she is having fun at Palace.
People who made all the villagers bonded labour and don't even show concern towards their life/death can keep Chakor happy and treat her as their equal.

I can understand Imli and rest of the kids drawing these conclusion by seeing that she came in car and Ishwar's family support. But elders don't they know that their Bhayyaji and Tejaswini are just acting in front of guests.

Whenever someone mention that Chakor is really lucky to be in palace and getting Maharani treatment I really get annoyed πŸ˜‘. Don't they fate of bonded labour since they are going through the same situation atleast for them they know what they are getting into, Chakor is 7yr old even though she is really brave to face this situation, she is losing her childhood.

I hope Chakor leaves with Ishwar's family real soon and may be come back as collector or maybe even higher position in future to give independence to this slavery.

Edited by garapati - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gingerly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Welcome to the forum.

I understand your annoyance, it's really weird seeing them think like that regarding Chakor but maybe they are thinking that she's a child so Bhaiya ji and Tejaswini would have mercy on her and treat her kindly and not harshly as they do them. This is the only thing I can think of.  Don't worry, Chakor will go to live with the new family and Bhaiya ji and Tejaswini will have no other choice but to allow her to go, after all they have their image to preserve because when Bhaiya ji had asked Aditya what he wanted for writing his book of poems, Aditya told him he will tell him what he wants later and I think Aditya will ask him for Chakor to go with them.  Chakor will get the education that she needs and she will come back to inspire the villagers to stand up, to speak out against the injustices that are being meted out to them and to turn Bhaiya ji and Tejaswini's prides into ashes.  As small as Chakor is, she's a big treat to Bhaiya ji hence the reason they want to keep her under their thumbs, clip her wings so she wouldn't fly but Chakor is a free-spirit, she was born to fly, not to be caged and fly she will.
Edited by Gingerly - 9 years ago
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I agree that they all feel that Chakor is living happily with Bhaiyaji and even Chakor's dadi feels the same πŸ˜•
When they are all being ill treated how can they feel that Chakor who is also poor to be treated well? It's weird πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Jaymaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I agree ...itana bhi samje ki use achchi treatment dene thode le gaye he ...πŸ˜•
garapati thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ginger your explanation is really good.
Tejaswini and Bhayyaji did tattoo chakor when she was only day old so I don't think If I was kastur/villagers I would expect Tejaswini/Bhayyaji to treat chakor any different now.

But then again they are villagers, illiterate may be they are just hoping chakor is having good time so that it would hurt less.
Edited by garapati - 9 years ago
angelpureness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I don't think deep down they believe the words they are saying. It is a method people use when they don't want to accept the reality of a situation by trying to convince themselves otherwise.  This is highlighted when people keep repeating aloud certain sentences. They are trying to convince themselves more than anybody else.

Majority of the adults are bonded labourers so they are not fooling anybody with their words. They know the harsh reality. Which is why chakor's mum over reacted to the questions the government official asked. She got scared because she was unable to answer his queries without disclosing the ugly truth.

Another reason could be that they keep talking positively to reassure imli that there is nothing to worry.

The truth is were Chakor having the time of her life she would go and visit them and the adults very well know it.
Edited by angelpureness - 9 years ago
shreechakri thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
when people know less facts they will act like that.
They dont have education or tv some other things to educate them, so they act like that only.
Sevenstreaks thumbnail
Hi ..i m sandhya ...welcome to the forumπŸ€—
Rishi_ thumbnail
The whole village is not dumb but its too innocent and illiterate and extremely poor.
For them even getting meal twice a day is a big deal.

villagers are known to be innocent yet good natured. 
So they would surely think chakor to be lucky coz she's staying in the haveli. So atleast she must be getting proper food which she is! (remember dadi's prasads πŸ˜†)

Also seeing chakor getting down from the car they must be surprised and happy bcoz for being bonded laborers sitting in a car is something impossible for them.
Edited by Rishi_ - 9 years ago