Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meera27 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I think this DP-Kat issue is taking the point away from the issue.
Woman have boobs and if clothed in a certain way, cleavage will be seen and it could be distractive. I agree. Road side lafangas can talk about cleavage exposure if a lady walks out on the road displaying cleavage. Heck.,.we even have many of them in IF who keep posting obscene posts. 

The problem here is a national news paper posting it in their website and which comes as a twitter feed almost making it sound like its legitimizing the OMG Cleavage statement. Why is everything in IF has to do with fanwars?  Anyways...I dont care for that. 

What Deepika said had to be said by someone who wielded some sort of clout for the issue atleast to be discussed. So..tomorrow the papers may stop focussing on boobs and cleavage which is good in the long run - Isnt it ??
meera27 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: light_year

Bravo to deepika who stood for herself and it has nothing to do with shifting back focus to herself coz of average performance of her movie. Well well thibgs would be clear when just in few months time she will be clicking pics and sending gifts to editors and cheif editor of filmfare and times of india .

Light year - You are a sane girl. We have interacted before. So..Please answer this.

So what if she clicks pics and sends gifts to TOI or FF or anyone? The topic is out...discussion is on and there will be some censorship now on headlines with such abysmal topics. That makes Deepika a hypocrite - ok..Who is not one in the industry? Do we know them personally? From what we know of them from the interviews and other things..all of them are opportunists and hypocrites and the industry needs them to be that way. So whats wrong? 

The fact that she will suck up to Jayesh Pillai later with or without her cleavage cannot take away the fact that this cheap tactic was atleast brought in the forefront and discussed. For that alone - Deepika definitely has a spine.

JungFrau thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The point is everyone in real world thinks Dpad owned it. Keep burning ðŸ˜ƒ
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
100 % it is a publicity stunt for her upcoming movie ..

where is she when Katrina faced the similar situation and was mocked by media ??only salman stood by Katrina...as a women deepika didn't stood up for Katrina but gave a MAHA GYAN  to be "little careful"..😕
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

So what if she didn't stand up for Katrina?

At least we as ordinary humans can take a stand against all forms of misogyny irrespective of who the victim or perpetrator is. Why divide into petty camps of Deepika vs. Katrina?

I take pride in the fact that I have stood for Deepika, Shweta Basu, Katrina and even Sunny Leone. All women are equal for me and deserve dignity.

This. And maybe Deepika has learned from what she said when she had to face herself. Like people are allowed to change and I'm willing to give her the benefit of doubt since she stood up for Shweta when really no one else did.
IhateKhans thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Let me ask this question , would you wear cleavage revealing top to office? 

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: preep

100 % it is a publicity stunt for her upcoming movie ..

where is she when Katrina faced the similar situation and was mocked by media ??only salman stood by Katrina...as a women deepika didn't stood up for Katrina but gave a MAHA GYAN to be "little careful"..😕

Did Salman stand by Katz for her bikini wearing pics or for her privacy???

Hopefully we see the difference between the two situations...

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think that whatever dp said about kat at the time of the bikini issue wasn't wrong. Those where private pic that where taken of kat she knows that they would be a chance of photographs being taken out even by chance and so if she was so uncomfortable and didn't want to be seen in them than why wear it. and more so she wears it in her movies so what's the big deal. Dp was at a ce party she was there in her professional capacity I haven't seen the video of her cleavage bt I did see a pic and it seemed like she leaned forward and that's the part that they where showing. I think that all girls know that certain times when we use something abit lose or revealing our cleavage is shown abit bt do we actually expect ppl to highlight it and make us uncomfortable. 1 was a personal choice other wasn't that's the diff here. Kat choose to be on a beach in a bikini(not that there is anything wrong with that) dp didn't choose for her cleavage to be supper time topic.
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Others have explained it better than I could have as to how DP's statement over Kat's open letter has little/no relevance to this case but job well done to the person who brought it into the discussion, way to deflect any support DP gets..

As for all the celeb support on twitter, its not as if DP asked for it nor does it fall on her if they didn't support other actresses facing dilemma.

And as usual the so called 'outburst' and subsequent support have 'provoked' the whole 'taking feminism too far' posts, as if that stance needed to become the underdog.. but whatever wouldn't want to stop those following the route which they think is opposite from the 'herd mentality'.