Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InspiredSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: aarwen

InspiredSoul good to see you here. Your presence seemed to have sparked of wonderful conversations. Hope to see you here often.

Thanks, Aarwen! 
BTW, I got your pm for 262, but I couldn't find it here on the thread. I got lost. Is there an index? 
I really wanted to read your take.

There are wonderful writers on this thread. I know only ArshiH, Indi, Horizon, Katelyn and you.
I am hoping that I will find time to read everyone, at least the currents posts, and enjoy!
InspiredSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indi52

hi kizh, while i want to scream at that statement about me getting asr, i have to say i am just a lover and i often get him wrong i am sure but it matters not for he is what he is... teehee.

i just wrote to rhea what you say in pink. the actor made asr much more... and i think even he had no idea at times how dense and meaningful and murmurous he made him. two things barun said of asr i think are kind of important in creating him. one was when he said that he was the last person who could not not like asr (is that double negative correct in thsi context? aarg sounded right...). in fact if there was something not likable about asr he had to make it likable.

uff the tremendous understanding of the job of an actor in that simple assertion. and how that made him interpret... delineate.

the other is when he said that sometimes he surprised the directors and he liked that.

i think he has talent plus a huge huge attribute... dedication. also perhaps a bit of essential ego that says let me see what i can do with you, character mine.

okay all this is conjecture... but what is a fact is what we all pick on... barun contributed hugely to making of asr.

thanks for reading 264... that i love you on my mind... and every time i see the asr-ness of asr, it haunts me more...

looking forward to seeing you more often.
and glad you are having lots of fun.

About Barun's acting, I did some research a while back when I heard him mention method acting.

I heard once in one of the interviews - I don't remember where - Barun said that IPK team are method actors. And I heard Sanaya in a recent interview mention - and I am paraphrasing here - that the difference between Barun and her other co-stars is that where others put an effort to be a particular character, Barun becomes that character, and she never felt he was acting.

"Method Acting" is a technique in which actors literally replicate feeling and emotions pertaining to a particular scene in order to create and process the scene (emotional). The actors whom are participating within this technique recall feelings and emotions from their real life and transcend them into their character's life in order to establish and influence the portrayal of their character."

"Character Development isn't just sitting around, reading your name from the script, and getting a surface level view of who you are as a character - it's delving as deeply as possible into who this character is - letting parts of you leak through at the appropriate times in order to create a more stable and dynamic character."

"The personality of the actor is nine-tenths of the performance. This is a terrifying prospect for many actors hoping to completely disappear and hide within a role. With inferior training, there is so much effort, emphasis, and time spent escaping from the immediacy and danger of facing ourselves in the moment."

I think this is where Barun succeeds in portraying ASR - while the character traits adopted are of 'ASR', the innocence, the child-like wonder, and that vulnerability you see peeking through behind that tough, strong look is Barun. It's that blend that became the brand that is ASR, which is hard for any other actor to duplicate. The same with Sanaya - she is the quintessential Khushi.

It takes lot of courage, a high self image, and honesty as an actor to allow yourself to be seen in your character - to mold a description on paper to a living, breathing person who carries a subtle essence of your soul in it - and I guess that's how you own the character, not just act it.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: InspiredSoul

You are a sweetheart, Indi! πŸ€—
I am a Virgo, and I love to critique and analyse - so anytime I get on anyone's nerves here, do let me know! I rarely get upset, and very, very rarely lose my cool. So no fears. πŸ˜ƒ
I love this thread - I was missing Reliving and Ipoona πŸ˜­

You are right about 258 and 259.

I rarely cry when I watch movies - though I cried while watching Taare Zameen Par, remembering all the kids I taught - but there were two scenes in IPK that brought tears to my eyes - Diwali, when Khushi walks back home and before remarriage when Arnav says 'Itta easy hai tumhare liye'.
I just wanted to hug them and console them.

first august fight... itta easy hai tumhare liye.

had me drifting away in a current so strong... just like our fights i kept thinking and dragged my husband later to see it. yes, there was good writing but oh h what was that acting... where did he find that? that "itta" that voice, the eyes, vulnerable yet raging asr... wanting to be tied in a tie the man who never ever believed in such things... almost demanding in a seconds that that tie not be broken... one second vulnerable, the next the man in control, playing a mean game... to win. this asr... i need him back.

i cry rarely at movies and never at shows, here, many times i have felt the tears rise... or something so deep struck that i am gobsmacked. 3 july, this is not FUNNY... saw it in the promo, died almost right then and there πŸ˜†. yes, diwali later was heartbreaking... really. and every man woman thing so well understood. i love all their fights... they say mad love to me and thrill me in weird ways.

please come and chat more often. i didn't realise ipoona was not posting any more... she's so keen a writer...

oh i wept buckets while watching taarey... in fact went to look at that song maa just last night. it was a filmi film in many ways but a classic in terms of emotion and understanding a child's heart i think... also the maa and child thing... that is the same no matter what your age, huh.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

^^^

super observation, indu... πŸ‘

tada is right. πŸ˜†

the only thing that was convincing for me was him.

actually the goons were not too bad...

but maybe it was for that unreal non-showing of any worry in appearance, that sense of as usual as usual, that the rest of the stuff felt just made up. the helter skelter fairly desperate search for a way to find him just might have worked if the perfect hair and make up were a little less so. i am no director but now that you make me think...

Indi,

I dot think I understood what you meant completely.. apologies. They showed her worrying a lot initially as she had a premonition after he left, when for all she knew he just boarded a plane and went to a business meeting.  Now it is NOT premonition, she saw as a certain fact that he IS indeed NOT well. All the crying in Anj's lap, nani's shoulder,  having nightmares, at least some of them could have been shown AFTER she knew that he is taken away by some strangers. Instead a usually rattled  girl is searching for her hubby  with almost clinical precision. I completely understand the need for her to fill up a lot of screen space, and liked most of those scenes at creative level. Juts a rearrangement here and theer would have made them look a little more realistic.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: InspiredSoul

Thanks, Aarwen! 
BTW, I got your pm for 262, but I couldn't find it here on the thread. I got lost. Is there an index? 
I really wanted to read your take.

There are wonderful writers on this thread. I know only ArshiH, Indi, Horizon, Katelyn and you.
I am hoping that I will find time to read everyone, at least the currents posts, and enjoy!

What you just wrote about method acting and Barun.. brilliant.. thank you for that.. you are already adding so much to this thread πŸ€—.. 

really the writers are so good here.. I read the blasters takes from goggle searches when I was not even a member of this forum.. and reading them I just had to join and be part of this discussion.. everyone is super welcoming here.. all extended IPK family members I feel..

hmm.. I haven't written on 262 but I guess I had PM'ed the wrong link for 263. ArshiH, Faiqa di, did remind me to correct it but maybe I missed you out on the 2nd round of PM. Will add you from now on. Am always scared that I will simply spam mailboxes..

Here is 263 if you are interested.. https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/109669621

indi52 thumbnail
^^^

indu, i meant her look and get up... so precise and perfect just the day after she sees the tape... which is what i thought you pointed out. something did not feel right somehow... just a thought... nothing important.

i have wondered why the search part never felt convincing, was it just the story or were there little details missed out that may have strengthened the whole thing. i can understand  a certain frenetic energy in her after knowing he is taken. but that well groomed look maybe... how precisely she took of her bangles and payal to follow shyam... or maybe i am missing the whole thing... she wants to look normal because she does not want anyone to suspect anything...

whatever it is... pity those bits didn't seem real, while his bits did.

indi52 thumbnail
yes, inspired soul,

barun felt like a method actor without ever being trained in acting. i remember in one of my earliest posts on crooner while talking about the 258 phone call i had written just that. to think before thsi he had spent seven years ina bpo then by chance walked into the world of television drama.

i am glad sanaya said it... it was so evident that he'd become asr the moment camera rolled.

i loved him saying it is difficult to act asr. and then mumbling, all characters are difficult to do. a good actor gets that.

i know very little about method acting but yes it was about being the characer and imbibing a certain set of norms for acting, i think we have actors even on indian tv who have been trained at the stanislavski school of acting or whatever it is called, but i have seen this only in barun...

and thanks so much for the note on method acting... lovely. and it must be rreally scary for an actor to go in allthe way. the further you can enter, the more alive your character... no right wrong good bad to it... you are that other one.
Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
this is what i wrote on crooner 72 page 12 straight after we saw 258. i remember everyone was reeling from that khushi, i love you. i think i still am. πŸ˜† and if i have posted it before, sorry... but this is my first post on barun sobti's acting... it is kind of precious to me.

"priya, who could be expected to write cogently today after seeing what we have seen.
i am all over the place. a voice is blowing through me. a trembling lip caresses my eyes. what's that rush of wind and that distant song that plays? long distance, extreme close up, utterly scraggly and worn out "i love you."

is there any other way to say those words.

again and again and again barun shows his mettle as an actor. does even he know how good he is?
method acting from a lad who was minding phone calls till just a couple of years ago. who said the book he'd perused as a youngster was mainly his dad's cheque book. a 28 year old whose interviews never go right, right but not "right right." a serial actor who is handed the script piece meal, day upon day with no real plan as to where it's all headed. no ready film script here, no complete, edited, perfected play. a daily soap.

bless you, barun sobti.

and yes, sanaya irani. for close to 10 days now you've carried this show. she is a spunky one, isn't she? she knows who everyone is really devoted to, that the main audience of a daily tv romance isn't made up of men waiting to fall in love with love. yet, she's never phased. in fact. she gives her work and her co-star her utter best, straight from the heart, from the purest place of instinct and she shines. inviting all around her to shine as well. marvelous.

gosh that silent entreaty through inanimate phones and airwaves. one hand presses the receiver close to the ear, "khushi!" and an expression flits, a tear forms, the other hand comes up and cradles the phone closer. the tear rolls (the order of events is a mental recall, may be a bit off. sorry). she never says a word, yet she's saying so much to him. and he can hear every word.

god who wrote this scene. who directed it. who set the music. who edited. who counted the seconds. who said let the wind blow.
may i fall at your feet.

priya, love your analysis.

anjali returned in full force today. the milk crashed to the floor, and it was as though she reached right in and found the di that is viscerally attached to her chotte. children of the same mother.

yeah, looks like a kidnap (i never saw the precap as i caught the second telecast) and looks like snakewa is the creep. alas even all that lifebuoy couldn't wash the filth off him. oh oh oh. out, damned spot, out!"
divsarunfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

hi all,

needed to celebrate the return of the man, the tremendous meeting between two lovers... we have been missing him... moping some of us. as rhea noted... 265 and he is here...

made this vm with a song that is also from this period. hope you enjoy.

the song... yes, when someone comes, there will be joy and happiness. my wait for the man in these words too... and rashid khan has sung it so so well.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07FzHMBFQmA&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

an attempt at translating...

aaoge jab tum saajna
when you come, my love

aaoge jab tum saajna
when you come, my love

angana phool khilenge
flowers will bloom in the courtyard

barsega saawan, barsega saawan
the rain will come down in torrents

jhoom jhoom ke
dancing and joyous
(my translation, i thought this word meant more than just in torrents, it had emotion in it)

do dil aise milenge
and how two hearts shall meet

aaoge jab tum saajna
when you come, my love

angana phool khilenge

naina tere kajrare
your eyes are kohl lined

naino pe hum dil hare hai
i've lost my heart to these eyes

anjane hi tere naino ne
unknowingly your eyes (or your eyes may be strangers but they...)

waade kiye kai saare hai
have made many promises to me

saanso ki laye madhyam chale, tose gaye
the flow of my breath has slowed, for you are gone

barsega saawan, barsega saawan

jhoom jhoom ke
dancing and joyous

do dil aise milenge

aaoge jab tum saajna
when you come, my love

angana phool khilenge

chanda ko taaku raaton ko
i stare at the moon at night

hai zindagi tere haathon mein
my life is in your hands

palko pe jhilmil taare hain
on my lashes are twinkling stars

aana bhari barsaato mein
please come when the rains are dense

sapno ka jahaan hoga khelaa khelaa
the world of dreams will brighten up and bloom

barsega saawan barsega saawan

jhoom jhoom ke
dancing and joyous

do dil aise milenge

vm is superb diπŸ‘
song is suited wellπŸ‘
i loved it❀️

indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi divya,

thanks so much for watching the vm... nice song it is and so glad it's looking good.