Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Episode-257

Khushi is in extreme pique after hearing Shyam's nasty, flirtatious words. He chides rather threatening him she should find the paper. Khushi can guess his subreption; so she recriminates, that the paper is with him. Shyam refutes it confidently and warns her, if the paper is not found it will be bad for both of them. His warning makes her perturbed.

Babli is going back to her boarding school. Payal gives her some gifts and tells her to open it after reaching in the hostel. Babli is still in compunction. She hugs Payal and begs sorry again. Payal tries to alleviate her mood, that she must not feel bad as this secret will be hidden between them forever. Unfortunately Akash overhears it. He also came with Babli's favorite goods. When Akash asks them about their secret, Babli was about to say everything, but Payal retains her. Akash enrages at  Payal, why she is teaching Babli to hide things. Payal tries to make him understand, but he is obstinate, not ready to listen to her and starts to berate her. He even accuses her for not being affable to Babli. What's wrong with this man? Is he a blind, moron!

Babli gets up on the bed and makes Akash face her.

"Not bhabz, but I had problem with her." she tells her everything how she concocted so many ploys to get Payal scolded. She confesses that she did it out of insecurity. Payal indirectly tells Akash that Mr. A will understand and won't be mad. She is trying to fix thing between Babli and Akash, so that both don't feel low. Akash looks rueful now. He hugs Babli and says sorry to Payal for screaming at her. Payal just lets it go.

Why he didn't say sorry for her previous misdemeanor?

Babli has gone to her hostel. mami is crying for her. nani is consoling her that she will come back again. Or moreover, if she cries like this she will have wrinkle on her face. nani's banter works well. Mami stops crying and tries to make her face straight, so that no jhulia can come to her face. To alleviate her mood masala mama suggests her to forget everything like him. He wants to tell her something masaladar. but mami escapes in haste, she is not interested to listen to his nonsense prattle.

Khushi is shambling slowly, again lost in thought. In front of his wife Shyam is leering Khushi imprudently. When khushi fumbles, Shyam gives his hand to hold her. Khushi disgruntles, but she can't show her anger in front of nani and Anjali. She tells him that she is fine. And by calling him jijaji she tries to remind him his status. Shyam grimaces and says she doesn't look right, seems lost in some thought. Anjali adds, she knows in whose thought she is immersed in. khushi embroils more to hear anjali's banter. Anjali takes khushi with her.

paue: When first time I saw this episode, I was scared whether they show Shyam holding Khushi or not. Thank god they didn't show that. After seeing his bare body in Khushi' room, I just couldn't trust cvs.

Anjali gives Khushi an envelope and tells her that this thing will bring smile on her face. nani tells her that this is her ticket to London. She is missing Arnav so much so they decided to send her to chottey. If she stays there with him for couple of days, she will be delectable again. Khushi's face glints with a smile in anticipation, finally she will be able to meet her Arnavji.

Shyam overhears their convo and gets eerie. He comes fast to stop this. He is precarious, how Khushi can go alone and moreover so soon; she needs visa, passport and all that. But Anjali arranged everything, as it's the benefit of being the wife of cogent Mr. Arnav singh Raizada. Anjali tells Khushi to get ready soon, cause the flight is tonight.

"you must smile now as you are going to meet him in London."  Anjali's words could bring a little smile on Khushi's face, but she is still cogitating. She thinks to call Arnav and let him know about everything; otherwise he can be mad at her for coming London without letting him know. She calls him and again the same message played. She is in quandary, why his phone is always in voicemail? It's good that she is going there. Once she sees him in person, all her tension, restlessness will lessen.

pause: I never knew that in India anybody can make a passport without the person's presence. Or is this a chamatkar of hindi soap!

On the other hand Shyam is in perturbation. He is talking to somebody on the phone, must be instructing his gang of goons to do something with Arnav. By the way from where beggar Shyam got so much money to keep goons! So far I know Arnav stinted his bank account. may be some invisible source!

Khushi is all ready to leave for London. I wonder why she didn't changer her suit? Anyway it's a common thing to see Khushi in same suit for a week or more than two weeks. But without the cockroach clip, she is looking beautiful for sure.

Payal is worrying for her sister, she never went anywhere alone. Mami is suggesting her what she should do during the flight. She must not sleep and listen to the airhostess, when they do PT, she meant when they give the safety instruction. Mami resents, why nani didn't get another ticket for her. She means for everybody. All together could give Arnav a family surprise. Nani quips, this is only Khushi's right to give him surprise. Or what she will do in husband-wife's matter?

Masala mama thinks Khushi is going to boarding school. I guess he is still in the trance of Babli.

Khushi hugs everybody before leaving and takes blessings of the elders. Anjali tells her that her driver will take her to the airport and Akash will meet her directly in the airport. Khushi refutes to take help, she thinks she can manage.

I loved to see a smart and confident khushi. but why Anjali's driver will drop her? Mrs. Arnav singh Raizada doesn't have a driver? Or Anjali is the master of the house, not Arnav's wife!

Payal tells her not to be afraid of anything. She suggests her to remember their dad's rhyme,

"akhoko bandh karlena

Phir amma babuji ko yaad karlena.

Phir daar choo mantar.

Payal tries to give her little sister some courage, as she is going to a foreign land all by herself. just loved this caring side of her.

On the way to the airport, Khushi gets a phone call,

"yes it's khushi speaking."

It was good to hear proper English from her mouth.

Anjali thinks to call Khushi, as she must reached airport by this time. But as soon as she picks her phone to call her, Khushi enters in the house. Anjali and nani both get flabbergasted to see her. She tells them that she didn't go, because her mom told her, it's not safe for her to travel and she also shouldn't travel before a week. She can't lie looking at their eyes and as she is damn worried as well. She evades, giving the excuse of keeping her bags in the room.

Nani is feeling bad for Khushi that she couldn't go. Anjali tells her that it's good that she didn't go; she also has credence in such kind of thing. If her parents think it's not right for her to travel, she shouldn't. nani thinks to send her on next week. Anjali also assents and who knows by that time chottey also may come back.

In her room Khushi mutters an apology to nani and Anjali for lying. She recollects her convo with the guy who called from London. He called her to talk to Arnav. khushi's eyes popped out in bewilderment to hear this. The guy tried to contact him in AR office, but when he couldn't able to talk to him, he called at her number. Khushi is feeling quagmire under her feet, she is in absolute tremor. Arnav never checked in the hotel and even didn't board the aircraft. She remembers his departure in the airport. Her last try to stymie him to go and what the guy told her. Mlange of chaotic thought muddling inside her mind's cauldron.

"Something is wrong. Something happened with him. My heart says so. Where are you Arnavji? If he didn't board on the flight, then where did he go?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egSgzxUQ18Q[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egSgzxUQ18Q

credit goes to the maker

Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 258

a long time ago, when he was still involved with another girl, in fact engaged to her, he had forgotten everything and remembered only her. khushi. for she had looked troubled, distracted, fragile and brittle. like the pieces of the mug that had broken when she'd dashed against him by the poolside in her rush to get away from something terrible.

he had been angry, but then that was usual. then he had seen her eyes and everything had turned in a chaotic pulse beat to driving urgent concern, worry. what was the matter with khushi? why was she in this state? had anyone hurt her... then horror dawning... had her... had her... and no matter how much it hurt to say it he had asked if her fiance, her mangetar had done anything... did he do anything to hurt you? the flare of protective anger in his being, his eyes, the instinct to guard her, to not spare anyone who had hurt her.

she had almost said yes, almost told him what her fiance had done, but then she had fled.

leaving him worried, disoriented, unable to focus on anything. not his girlfriend even; he was unable to hide his feelings... he had openly shown his concern, his sister had noticed... so had his girl friend.

he had called her again and again that day. and finally when she'd picked up the phone, he had raged, "don't you ever, ever do this to me again... samjhi tum!!" the first time perhaps clearly saying... she mattered.

to him.

of course the layers of anger and his long nurtured defence, his fortress of indifference, and khushi's complete mental disarray at that moment had come in the way of a real delving into that unguarded statement of his.

"pata hai kabse phone baja raha hoon main... tumne phone nahin kyun uthaya...kitne pareshan ho gaya tha main" do you know for how long i have been trying to call you... why didn't you pick up the phone... i was so worried, he had yelled... then he had somehow controlled his ire and let his concern, his need to hear that she was ok come to the fore...

"khushi...khushi... talk to me..."

she had been dumbstruck... still fragile.

"tum theek ho?" he had asked his classic question to her, perhaps itself a semaphore signal, a telegraphic code of his vast emotion, his deep feelings for her. three little words.

"kahan ho tum!" he wanted to know where she was, what was the matter, was she alright... this is a man supposedly to whom she means nothing, koi matlab nahin, he had left no opportunity to let her know she meant nothing to him, she had no importance in his life.
nice connection.

then he had gone running back to his wall of don't care. no he was not at all concerned about her, it was the work not getting done that bothered him.

today again a phonecall has been made. it is he who is where no one knows. only one call, and everyone must be reached through it...

did he even know or think he would reach the one he really needed to now.

then or now, it was always her.

the faraq only perhaps is he now knows exactly why... kyun faraq padta hai. and going even further he knows... that is all that matters.

that she matters.

to him.

the episode moved not too elegantly but surely toward the call. there was anxiety building in khushi about the whereabouts of asr. she tried to pretend he called when di's worry started to peak, so unlike chhotey, not to call, even though she has left a message. nani caught khushi's lie.

khushi and nani's confabulations by the pool were overheard by masala mama, who ran to his cousin manorama, who slowly extracted the truth and spoke loudly so, most conveniently, di could overhear... and in this chinese whispersπŸ˜†πŸ˜† the main message managed not to get lost.

chhotey hasn't reached london, di cried... and the glass of milk fell to the ground.

an inauspicious sign no doubt.

all along shyam was seen noting the events, twitching, fretting.

foolish me thought then, he was not the big bad guy, just a sicko henchman. alas.

when matters were taken all the way to let's call the cops, shyam sidled out of the room pretty fast and seconds later the phone rang.

anjali picked up the phone as nani wondered who could be calling so late at night.

she said, "hello!" then her expression changed, she exclamed, "chhotey!"

swiftly, and just like with her brother, relief turned to anger, "chhotey, tum kahan pe ho, tumhe pata hai hum log tumhari kitni chinta kar rahe hain. tumne pahunchne ke baad ek phone bhi nahin kiya... ek message bhi nahi kiya, chhotey!" you didn't even call once after reaching, not even a message you sent, chhotey!

and we have the first new shot of him in almost nine days, after 251.
It felt so long. But we sighed a relief to see him, after so much speculation was going on about his return. you can't imagine how my heart leaped to see him after so many days.

his head is bent, then he raises it and his face is sombre. almost expressionless. hair flops on forehead, the only sign that he is not in complete control, yet a certain poise.

"di, i'm sorry, main..."

and di butts in with an angry "sorry!"

khushi swallows.

"tum jaantey ho hum yahan pe kitna pareshan ho rahe hain..." do you know how pareshan we all are here...

pareshan... an echo of that conversation from episode 141.

"haan di main london nahin gaya, kyunki mujhe last moment par scotland aana pada..." yes, di, i didn't go to londsn had to come to scotland last minute.

now why did this feel so terribly asr.. find a solution, no matter what, don't hurt di, the fam... don't make them worry. i will get things done.. i am here...

even if a man is pointing a gun at him as we soon realise... mind is thinking.

when di says "tum theek toh ho na..." as someone who loves you would i guess, he replies with that cool that is asr...

"yeah, di i'm fine."

nani grabs the phone.

"chhotey, kaisan hain aap?" chhotey, how are you. her tears and smiles mingle as she tells him she will forgive him this one last time.

and that flicker of the eye, the slight hesitation... what will i tell her to make sure she is reassured, unconsciously a little vulnerability maybe in the eyes... he is so like her in many ways.

silence... then, "ji, nani" to her command to call no matter how busy with a look at khushi... brilliant acting by jayshree t i thought. also by daljeet, her body language when she realises it's chhotey, she sort of sits up, thrusting forward, life in her suddenly.

hello hi bye bye gestures that the phone be given to her, and she rushes in, "arnab bitwa, bhat you dooj?!!"

on the face of asr, a little frown maybe... it's his whacky mami.

"haan mami, bas woh," was there a slight smile?

mami's question about "isskatland se ka laane wale ho?" what are you getting me from scotland, gets the smiles going...

perhaps something feels normal... at last. it has been two days in captivity, no idea what's coming. he tied in ropes to a chair as we shall soon see. a man of extreme energy, strength, always active, suddenly stationery... bound. why am i thinking of samson tied. often a sense of a mythic hero comes by and seems to recognise something of itself in asr... and leaves a trace of it behind as it leaves.

yes, this time definitely a smile as mami prattles.

"khushi, abhi toh thoda muskura de, ab toh arnav ji ka phone bhi aa gaya," payal urges a her forlorn younger sister to smikle, now that arnav ji has called. she obviously can't bear to see khushi the ever sprightly girl in this state.

"iskatland se isskiretwa leke aao... kaisan ho tum?" mami's talk continues.

he is silent. onto aakash who takes the phone from his mother with a "zara mujhe ..."

asr's face is impassive as he lies to akash in a confident voice... aman doesn't know of this deal.

then a slight hesitation, "l-listen main, shayad touch mein nahin rah paaoonga.." i may not be able to stay in touch. asr is making sure his fam does not worry.

the reception here no good... don't tell di... "phaltoo mein tension lengi..." will be tense for no reason.

"di ka aur..."  a "k" is stuck back of his throat wanting to rush out... "khushi ka khyal rakhna."

take care of di and khushi. a thickening of voice... he may never see them again and be able to do just that. his duty, his desire only to take care of these two people... he knows at this moment, this may never happen again.
Oh gosh, you made me cry. why did you have to say this sinister thing!

the piano trills, my heart again flips... why so much sincerity, mister... why should you give such a convincing take... you are just a tv actor, plus you are doing double shifts as you shoot for that movie of yours. you are tired... just give a take and go... not that your telly serial will be judged at cannes or anything. but no, you got to do it just right... right?
how beautifully you depicted his brilliant acting. Barun is a natural actor, so if he tries, he won't be able to act bad. Did you hear Sanaya's interview with team Sarun? She said with all the actors she felt she is acting, but with Barun, she never felt that she is acting. Not only that he is a superb actor, but he also gets the best out of his co actors.

then akash surprised him, without asking, "achha bhai aap khushi ji se baat kijiye..." okay, speak to khushi ji...  eyes widened and gleamed ever so slightly.

rabba vey rose.

seemed as though this bit all creatives had woken up for.

khushi looked struck by a terrible emotion... she took the phone and walked away from the rest.

this phone somehow precious beyond all now, her path to arnav ji.

he waited as if to hear her but she said nothing, at last he got ready to speak.

he closed his eyes, pursed his lips, a streak of emotion unsettling.

at last he called out, lips  trembling a bit, unsure? what was it...

"khushi" intimate, special every time, an appeal, a connection.

and the gust of wind rose.

her eyes said she had heard that call. after so long, her name on his lips. she had probably despaired wondering would she ever hear it. how he had called her in her dream... but now he was here, just across that line.

camera closed up on asr's face... a vulnerability now certainly.

hearing his voice a dam broke and tears came... she had been saying again and again all will be well while filling up with the worst fears...

now he spoke to her...

he listens carefully, the breeze does its thing... it seems to wrap around them and create a separate space, somewhere outside this given physical reality for them... "yahan na sahi, shayad kahin aur ek duniya hogi, jahan tum... aur main kabhi alag nahin hongey" ranjha's words had painted a picture of a world elsewhere where he and her would never be separated... the wind seemed to create just that.
beautifully said. loved the connection with Ranjha's dialogue. he finally completed that unfinished line.

he struggles to say something, she grabs the phone with her other hand too... him, that's who she wants to hold, the phone is just a proxy... she is trying to keep him with her.

"kh.. khushi i'm fine, main theek hoon.. okay..." a breezy voice, level, yet urgent and strangely palpable, as though it is murmuring against her skin... πŸ‘

he's rushing a bit, he wants so much to make her feel alright... he knows she is collapsing... he just knows... what a simply gorgeous understanding of an emotion. i wonder who wrote this bit.
Not writing only, the direction made the scene so sublime. And of course the final output came by the brilliant acting by both Barun and Sanaya.

sensitive writing all of a sudden after a while, felt so good,.

"please mat ro..." please don't cry. he sounds so sincere, almost close to tears himself, my legs feel weak and this is i don't know how manyeth time. i feel like a fake marketeer "talking up" a product, but really this is so product worth putting every bit of your money on.

she sobs silently.

rabba vey.

he waits, then,

"khushi bas... bas stop..." a little asr command.

she cries away.

a  slightly impatient asr head turn, "khushi, rona... band karo." stop crying.

why do his lips look so tender, why do they tremble a bit... asr? what's up.

and the melody sweetens, softens, sings a bit, his heart wants to say something... "khushi, main..."

his mouth opens but the words are not there yet...

"khushi, main... woh..."

he must say this... he must.

she weeps, she senses he struggles... but she really has no idea why...

he waits, she grabs the phone in two hands again... hmm hm hmm hums rabba very

and he says it...

"khushi, i love you..."

the volume is  a bit higher, the echo clearer.

but no one put anything in the eyes... that was all him.

her eyes widen.

on his face the most open vulnerable look... not since the day he was missing his mother and buried his face against his sister, this lack of mask. an open expression. simple, true, no game, nothing... a man in love on a phonecall to his beloved holding her close in his heart, telling her he loves her, bas.
how guileless was the confession, just came write from his heart.

at last the undercurrents always flowing below their conversations were heard and said clearly what it was he had really said with every shut up, get out, tum jaisi ladki, seatbelt, tum theek ho, don't you ever... ever do this to me... samjhi tum, koi matlab nahin... and most of all with mujhe faraq nahin padta.  
well said.

this is the other piece i wrote on this phoencall and posted earlier.
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/108295888

very nicely written.
I can feel, you poured out your so much emotion to write the confession part. I've never seen such a magical "i love you" in my life. Yesterday I was watching the episode in TV asia and you can't imagine how many times I rewinded the scene! And every time I was loving it even more. Both acted so brilliantly. 

the blue lines are my favorite.
I have my comments in purple.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

He was a young man with a hope in his heart one night not so long ago... till darkness took it away. he believed what he saw was true... and let his hope go with the light in his eyes dimming. But perhaps it lingered, a little disobedient, buried deep in a place with almost no light. His chot wrapped in the blood and throb of his heart. Till today. Till now. When at last he came to believe, not what he saw, but what he felt was true. The rest was merely that... the rest.

As the wind rose in a gust and wrapped around him and a girl at the other end of a phonecall, he said the words he had so wanted to say that night... the treasure held deep in him. ... Khushi, i love you.πŸ‘

His love rose in triumph and broke the barrier set by dimaag and rushed with the song of  his dil... he let it flow out and surge over to her. Perhaps that's why instantly a single tear, flowed out like a river from her eye... coursing down, racing toward her ocean.
Uff how beautifully you wrote! 

A turnaround in the lovers' tale
No more stopping of the heart's gale
Out goes hate with a heartfelt confession
Welcome to BFTP thread 25 extension

khushi main...

khushi main woh...

khushi, i love you

To celebrate the episode that had our hearts pounding and a breeze rising and twirling through our lives, across the forum, everywhere on each thread... the words skimming shimmying dancing thrilling, setting off  goosebumps trembles and dhakdhaks, making us laugh, making us weep, making us smile and sigh... taking us to a place far far away where a boy said to a girl, those three words...
just so true.
 we give it a thread and share here the moment and its aftermath. Come, join us, and let's hear the words again and again, one more time, here on Blast from the Past.

Credits: The Gif banners are made by Katelyn, she also gives us the music of that night. The Khushi I Love You-Rabba Ve banner is by ArshiHamesha, The welcome poem is penned by DurgaS. Text and Khushi I Love You edits by indi52. The main posts are created jointly and in collaboration by ArshiHamesha, DurgaS, indi52, Katelyn, and supriya.arshi.

Please scroll down from Rules, Index and share the love.

Finally I got some time to read the magnificent front page.
Indi, your preamble is stupendous.
Durga, your poem is so deep and thoughtful.
Katelyn, your gif is out of the world
Faiqa and Supi, your edits are mind blowing.
You are really our fantastic five.
Thanks for giving so much effort to relive the magical world of Arnav and Khushi.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

Arnav says "Khushi I love you"

Its too much to sink in, all she wants is to have him back...to continue to live her dream, to remain thirsty for his love...if that is what it means, let it be so...

A VM by me😳

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO0T8j9Cgz0[/YOUTUBE]

Qatra-qatra milti hai, qatra-qatra jeene do
Zindagi hai (zingadi hai), bahne do (bahne do)
Pyaasi hoon main, pyaasi rahne do
(Rahne do, na)

[[Translation: It's given to me a moment (drop) at a time, let me live it like that
Such is life (such is life), just let it flow (let it flow)
If it leaves me thirsty, let that be so
(Just let it be)

Kal bhi to kuchh aisa hi hua tha
Neend mein thi, tumne jab chhua tha
Girte-girte baahon mein bachi main
Sapne pe paaon pad gaya tha
Sapnon mein, bahne do

[[Translation: Do you remember what happened yesterday? I was deep in sleep when you touched me.
It made me start, and I almost fell in your arms on stumbling upon a dream.
Just let me live in this dream, and if it leaves me asking more more, let that be so!

Interpretation: Your touch makes me start even in my sleep. It's as if I stumbled upon a dream. And I want to live this dream-like life forever.]]

Tumne to aakaash bichhaaya
Mere nange pairon mein zameen hai
Paa ke bhi tumhari arzoo ho
Shayad aise zindagi haseen hai
Arzoo mein, bahne do

[[Translation: You have given me the sky to walk on, but my bare feet are still on the ground.
Life is a lot more beautiful, when I still long for you when you're with me.
Let me live in this desire. And if it leaves me thirsty, so be it!

Halke-halke kohre ke dhuen mein
Shaayad aasmaan tak aa gayi hoon
Teri do nigaahon ke sahaare
Dekho to kahaan tak aa gayi hoon
Kohre mein, bahne do

[[Translation: (Walking) in this soft mist of fog, looks like I've touched the sky.
Guided by your eyes, look where I've reached.
Now just let me float in this mist, and if it leaves me thirsty, so it be!
(Translation credit to uploader)
Song: Qatra qatra 
Lyrics: Gulzar
Music: R D Burman
Film: Ijaazat

How cum you didn't PM me. This is one of my mom's favorite song. And mine too.
there is some kind of sensuality in this song and sounded more sensuous in asha Bhosle's velvety voice.
Thanks for making an arshi vm with this.
The VM turned out awesome.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Kate, this gif is impossibly gorgeous. Can't take my eyes off.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 258 

As everyone crowds around the expectant mother, as everyone has a nervous breakdown, as everyone watching on the other side of the screen slowly loses hope of seeing their favourite person on screen even today, the phone rings. Moments before there was utter chaos as Anjali collapsed in anxiety.  Naniji had only seconds before shed tears. It was turning out to be an awful day in the Raizada mansion. The news that he hadn't reached London had caused everyone to go crazy with worry. And then just as the Police is mentioned the phone rings...

Are the writers just teasing us? Was it a completely worthless call and all the buildup for nothing. The promos had said he was kidnapped, so was it a call for ransom? As we and everyone in that room listened with bated breaths Anjali confirmed it was chote at the other end. Would we get to see him? Hear him? I waited expectantly. Though not as expectantly as his wife.

Atlast he is on screen before me. He looks tired. Weary. The hair is not gelled. There is a stubble. A dark background close shot and that is enough to light up the screen before me. He is here.

Di scolds him lovingly and he bows his head. A sober expression on his face and a ready sorry on his lips. He knows she must be worrying.  He is in Scotland and not London. But she has to confirm one more time. Such a natural thing to do when you are worried about someone. Ask him one more time if is he really is okay. He responds with a slight exasperated air. The ASR accent, I have so missed mentioning in my takes, falls on my delighted ears. And finally he swallows. All the emotions he must feel at this minute but cannot express.

Now Nani takes the phone. He can hear her anxious voice. The strong lady who taught him so much, who took care of him, in tears because she worries for him. His expressions close in a little more. What agony does it hide? No smart answer this time, no brushing away. Her grandson wants to assure her that is all.

Through all this stands his wife listening. hanging on to each word like her very life dependen on it. And in ways that matter, her life did depend on it. He is there on the phone talking to others. Maybe she can start to breathe after all.

As mami takes the phone the sad tune of the ASR with his family, almost prayer like song, plays. Dear mamiji prattles on and a tired face breaks into that gorgeous lopsided smile. He does feel normal talking to her. Yes she was also very worried, but she is also very mamiji and has to talk about gifts and shopping. With every right that he has let her have on him, she can demand that her nephew bring her and her brother gifts from the foreign land. Everyone smiling through the tears. Relief washing over now that they think their dear one is safe.

Only the wife remains jittery. It was such an ordeal not to know where he was. Plus he left after those awful fights. She wants to believe everything is fine now, but something tells her otherwise. "bas pata chal jata hai".. That he is around somewhere close.. Same way perhaps part of her knows he is jeopardy..

Aakash takes the phone and a mature business like brotherly conversation follows.  Now almost back to normal before he realizes he has to hang up the call soon.

"Aur di ka aur".. And his lips quiver as they try and form the words.. What outstanding acting.. I could see Arnav pucker his lips.. "kh" ..soundless, struggling with the intensity of emotions he feels for her.. Making it impossible to remain impassioned while saying her name out loud..πŸ‘πŸ‘

"Achcha bhai Khushiji se baat kijiye".. Both had not said they want to talk to each other.. Yet they were destined to talk today.. He remains absolutely still.. Hardly daring to breathe.. And she straining, expectant ,hesitant.. Rabba ve serenades us as we near that magical moment.. Already the spell has start to cast..

Ami mentioned this in her take. I had also felt it months ago in my first watch too.. She moves away from the family.  His wife, she can talk to him alone. Their private little world. And in it are only two people. Him and her.  Heaving breath. Avalanche of feelings in her.  And his face so different from the sharp well kept ASR look. Raw. Human. Heavenly.

He knows she is there. That movement of his adam's apple.. "khushi?".. A lingering question in the air.. Which kicks off a storm in her.. His voice husky.. And I think this is the first time in any of my reviews I have used this adjective, but have to today.  Tinkling delicate melodious piano notes. She grasps the phone in both hands. She wants him near her. Wants to hold him. Longs to reach out to him.

What does one say at a time like this? Can words be ever enough at a time like this?  Her tears can no longer be stopped.. He knows the state she is in.. Her tears have always affected him as he later confesses. Today it is time for a different confession..  Again the "khh".. It aches to take her name. He needs to be strong for her. "Main thik hun, okah".. She breaks down some more.. Can no longer contain those tears.. His fingers curled lovingly around his phone and her hands clutch tightly onto the phone she holds. This time he definitely breaks too.  His head bent, eyes lowered. How can he make it right for her? He can't leave her in this state. Time is running out for him.  There is so much he wants to say.  "Just stop".. A little strictness.. Exquisite.. She cries.. Pearls fall from those eyes.. Streaking across that beautiful striken face.. Another hindi word.. "bilakhna".. A romantic sob, if I have to translate.. Her body shakes, she feels so much, but there is no outlet.. Mere acting?

"Khushi main".. That assymetrical lip, how it moves.. Does a dance of its own.. Unspoken words.. I hang onto the edge of my seat, my heart heavy.. What is it he wants to say? Why is he in this state? Is it only because he left after those harsh words ? Is it because she is crying this way? There is something else going on here. But what?

Now she waits.. Again that mehsoos. Maybe her heart knows he is trying to tell her something.. He jerks his head.. Perhaps a little impatient, exasperated.. He has never been this unsure.. And yet so absolutely sure.. "Khushi main tum.se".. The sentences that don't complete.."Farak parta hai dammit kyunki..." .. She pursed her lips choking back more tears threatening to overwhelm her completely. Again holding on to that phone. If only he were close. If only she could hold him as close. The state of incertitude conveyed so well by Barun that your heart beats in the same rhythm as his..  And then echoing in those winds.. As his face reaches serenity.. And a quiet certainty.. "Khushi I love you".. Her startled lovely eyes.. And his face finally almost relaxed.. A smile hidden somewhere.. He is relieved. He has said it. She knows now. He admitted it out loud. Yes he loves her... The solitary tear makes its lone journey down her cheek as it had months before when they both didn't know what was happening to them.. Between them..

Today they know. He has just said it. Khushi I love you.. An indescribable feeling of utmost sadness etched on his face.. He has just confessed his love. She is crying, he needed to tell her. For her sake. For his sake. And now his face gets taut again.. He has to go. This is all he can give her and himself, right now.  He looks so forlorn.. Lost.. Ready for some battle.. It breaks my heart to see him this way..

An I love you like I have never seen before. No grand gestures. No flowery words. Not even in the same frame. Yet so utterly magically impossibly beautiful. Such a touching confessions that it overwhelms me. Makes me smile and cry at the same time. No matter how many times I watch it, it never fails to touch me.  I want to put on my earphones so that the experience is just mine.. A private heaven.. The voice of the man as he says those simple words ringing in my ears. He has told her he loves her.. Nothing else matters.. "kisi aur chiz ka koi matlab nahi"..

What they managed to do in one scene is pricelss..timeless.. thank you for giving me something that make me feel this way.. a truest emotion.. of love.. 

General observations before I reached the only place that mattered..

The episode was so sweet inspite of the weird outfit they made Khushi wear. Are we supposed to remember the Delhi autorickshaw comment seeing the green and yellow?

Initially since I didn't remember how Khushi breaks the news of the phone call she received I wasn't happy that she did not immediately tell the family members about the call she received from london. If she was worried about di and nani she could have told Aakash. There is a suspenseful plot here by the creators to never give anything important to Aakash till of course they make him hand over that phone to Khushiji.

Did anyone notice that even HP was irritated with the delicate brainwa mamiji's birather.. "ye kya bol re hain?" . We understand your plight HP. You were used to Asr's shouting yelling get outting what theing and then Masala mama. Lesser men than you would have handed in that resignation right then itself. But then like us maybe you are putting up with everything knowing that the man of the house will return soon.

Lots of melodrama but I thought nice body language by Anjali as the worried sister. Her shoulders drooped as she dialed chote's number.  She can lovingly boss over him, force him to temples, but in reality is completely dependent on him.

Naniji in tears. The tough matriarch but so soft where her loved ones are concerned. This character was really nice. How she handled dadi later.. Amazingly well done.

Aakash was actually very like his bhai like calm, sensible not adding to the tension as he took di inside. In fact I was remembering Sohara and Indu say they thought he could be the kidnapper. Very possible at this instant..

Hey devi maiyya I am an idiot.. That man who called Khushi was Aman? Shows how much attention I am paying in these episodes.

Just before the phone call came did you notice Shyam left the room? Should have been the sign for us.      

stupendous take.
the lines I marked blue are my favorite.
you beautifully wrote the confession scene. Such an out of the world type of confession! hai na! never seen before. Like you, it also impacted me so much that I laughed and cried at the same time. I saw this confession umpteenth times, but still I love watching this agian and again. And every time I watch I get more ecstatic. Barun and Sanaya together just kill me. Really never saw such jodi before. 
There was nothing much in the episode except that phone conversation with our dream man, for whom our heart go haywire.
I also didn't like Khushi hide the truth from the family. Arnav didn't reach London and he didn't board the flight, it's a serious matter. How Khushi could think to hide it. And why she didn't tell it to Akash. Can't agree more what you said about Akash's character. He was a decent actor, but don't know why cvs butchered his character so badly.
What you said about HP's thought was hilarious. Masala mama is a weird character. But I somehow enjoyed him. May be I'm too penchant towards IPK. I liked whatever they showed.πŸ˜ƒ
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sohara

stupendous take.
the lines I marked blue are my favorite.
you beautifully wrote the confession scene. Such an out of the world type of confession! hai na! never seen before. Like you, it also impacted me so much that I laughed and cried at the same time. I saw this confession umpteenth times, but still I love watching this agian and again. And every time I watch I get more ecstatic. Barun and Sanaya together just kill me. Really never saw such jodi before. 
There was nothing much in the episode except that phone conversation with our dream man, for whom our heart go haywire.
I also didn't like Khushi hide the truth from the family. Arnav didn't reach London and he didn't board the flight, it's a serious matter. How Khushi could think to hide it. And why she didn't tell it to Akash. Can't agree more what you said about Akash's character. He was a decent actor, but don't know why cvs butchered his character so badly.
What you said about HP's thought was hilarious. Masala mama is a weird character. But I somehow enjoyed him. May be I'm too penchant towards IPK. I liked whatever they showed.πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks a lot for appreciating my take Sohara. I sometimes forget that this is just a TV show and not real life people and so I think about Khushi's each action and Arnav's each reaction like real people.When khushi crieds missing Arnavji i was in tears with her and when Khushi decides to hide something it feels like a real girl khushi is hiding things from her family when her husband is missing. just does not feel right.

Hahaha you even like Masala mama.. hayee re meri sanaka devi parmeswari.. πŸ˜†
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 261/262

both episodes seemed quite rudderless. dashing off into the events of the day without much thought or beauty.

khushi looked for ways to find asr. shyam looked for ways to bother khushi. mami for some reason looked askance at everything khushi said or did and decided to wear black gloves to follow khushi.

i have no idea who wrote these scenes or directed them, but had a feeling a lot of not senior, experienced people were involved.

we also took a side trip to the problems of akash payal matrimonial harmony. why  no idea, but the execution again felt without traction.

suddenly in ipk everyone is talking to themselves loudly as in other serials... or was it always there, i just did not notice.

liked these lines:

mami ji hum pagal nahin hain...

ebhry mad person yehi kahat hai...

262 went into the whole story of cc tv footage at the airport. how khushi knew exactly whom she had to meet, and why they were so offensive... or why she collected a visiting card while the man went on and on or how between mami ji and herself they determined exactly where to go to find the footage, i really did not get. my mind was wandering.

but yeah, after a lot of detective drama, they saw the first shots of asr in days.

i wish i could say something held my interest... really nothing. seeing the asr footage i felt sort of happy, but the four toughs that followed him, then him just going with them quietly seemed weird.

they never ever bothered to tell us how this so called kidnap was effected. what was he told? why did he follow them? who were they? how did they get in? shoddy writing. something i guess the asr khushi scenes and the cogent, caring writing of earlier days had gotten me unused to. i don't compare ipk with other serials because i don't watch them, and if it were just another one of those, i would not be here. it has set its own standards and breached them all by itself too.

shyam has taped the very important papers with ordinary tape under a baby cot? what sort of thinking is this?

on a brighter loopier note, mami ji has called all five ishtar hotels of isscatland... teehee, i recall once calling a hotel in milan and asking if there were other five ishtar hotelwas there... determined to call all. but mami is my guru, she is tracking all the big hotels in a whole country.

mano line that has me giggling: i talk... you dooj... okayj?

a little later: phront phront see bhat bhat happens. agey agey dekho howat hai kaa.

tell me this is a hint.

i also liked mano detectibh's wipe your tears, aansoo ponchh lo advice.

and c'mon of course i get why she is wearing that utterly bizarre outfit to be bond... chori ke khatir banarasi saree how to wear, haan?

alas, despite all the mano fix, episode lacklustre, directionless.

she rewinded and as he came into frame, rabba ve  faded up. it was a sad sad moment. khushi reacted to the sight of the man she loved, who had told her "woh baat," a tender scene, her face went vulnerable, she touched the screen, her arnav ji, she so needed to know he was ok. manorama felt the emotions of this young woman she had tricked and loathed and decided to call phatti saree. she put her hand on her shoulder in empathy.. but the moment khushi took note of that, she pretended to be dusting soemthing off her shoulder. lovely character note. and moment. yeah, the two mad bahus of the raizada fam, the two not upper class girls with their sense of love and family were in that instant on the same side suddenly. an ipk touch to the delving into the unpredictable shades in manorama raizada's character.
Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 263

There is something extremely and indescribably touching to see ASR, who was till not too long ago a cynical jaded man, dream about the girl he loves.. A man who a few months ago wanted to have nothing to do with the emotion called love. Who had been tormented at the idea that a girl right out of nowhere could cause upheaval in his life. He was determined that no girl could make a difference in his life. A man who even more recently was but a jilted lover and fiercely protective brother. And here he sat completely worn out, tied in ropes, with his heart still soaring at the sight of the girl he knew could not possibly be there in front of him.

His eyelids blinked open and the tired eyes came into focus. The eyebrows constricted in a fleeting frown as he registered who was before him. Kneeling in front of him was the face he longed to see, of the very girl he longed to be with. His wife. "Khushi" his incredulous relieved whisper out loud... She sat kneeling in front of him. A determined unwavering expression adorned those beautiful features tonight. The face that has unknowingly arrested his attention so many times in the past. The face he yearns to see right now.

The camera pans and reality sinks in. A man physically restrained in a dull sodden shirt, bound to a chair, limp hands.. such attention to detail in the frame, in the pose of the actor in this frame.. And on the dusty floor of that warehouse where he is being held captive, opposite him sits a woman. Long black hair cascading down her shoulders.. Flowy Chiffon anarkali in bright colors.. His mind conjured an image of her which matched how she looked when he had confessed the all important all encompassing truth of their existence.. He loved her.. Her back erect, alert, the woman leans towards the man, almost drawn into him. The wind plays with her hair and as he drinks her in even in his exhaustion he can't help smile in wonder. Khushi?

His hand stretched out to reach her. But both look down at the rope that restrains him. A strange disturbing helplessness as he stares at his inability to break free. And a glistening heartbreaking tear makes its way down her cheek. A tear had travelled the same path when she had heard.. He loved her.. Her eyes move back up to him. For now he relinquishes the fight against his restrains. Perhaps it did not matter that he could not physically touch her. For now she was here.. Khushi sach mein tum ho? A childlike innocent surrender in that question. Why does it take me back to the night when he stood looking at the galaxy full of twinkling stars and had asked her about his mother.. "Kya wo sach mein taare ban jaate hai?" Was it this belief that had sown gradually, but steadily within him thanks to the presence of this girl? And was that the very same belief that made it possible to dream about her today? He smiles.. He thought it was all just a dream..

If it was the making artist who deserves credit for Barun's look then how did the same artist not able to make this man look good in the last few tracks of the show?

Her fingers are still outstretched holding onto thin air that lay between their two separate bodies. They may be apart, but their souls have long since merged into one being.. With infinite care her hand raised to stroke his hair and rest on his cheek. Those chiseled immaculate cheek bones that once were unblemished in glory are covered in grime and sweat today.  He had completed this same gesture many times before. But she.. when had she really got a chance to show her love? On holi in an inebriated state she had cupped his face and showered him with love in the surreal way only a young girl in love for the very first time could do. He could not let himself fall for that even thought his heart repeatedly reminded him of that trusting guileless moment. Maybe subconsciously he remembered that gesture. He felt safe when she held him this way. His cheek angled itself closer as he nuzzled into her hand..

I notice his face was trusting, relaxed as if her presence meant he no longer needed to fight. Everything was going to be alright. Her face on the other hand seems all grown up tonight. A woman taking care of her man. Perhaps he needs her strength for a few minutes while he lets go and indulges in the safety of a fantasy.  But just like that night with the stars when she had not been able to tell him a lie, today tenderly she lets him know it is his dream. The wretchedness returns in those hollow eyes as her image dissolves. The few seconds of coveted interlude he allowed himself fade away with it. The hand all this while had remained outstretched, straining to hold her.. The soothing noise of the wind is replaced by the unnerving crackling of electric pulse..

He cannot bear it. Before our very eyes we see this man breaking down. His palm clenches hard and you don't think it is anything except his despair.. till he turns over that hand and slowly the fingers start to open. Within it lies what treasure.. His girl's very essence.. A single trinket.. a relic of the pom poms that were part of all her dresses. That bobbled merrily whenever she went. It had followed Arnavji. It had refused to be left behind. Not willing to stay apart from him, it had come with him to keep him company in the darkest loneliest hour..  Sometimes it was a very significant key, mannat ki chabhi, sometimes those precious pearls, sometimes a priceless anklet, her amma's payal, always it felt like the whole universe had conspired to ensure these two would remain together. Now when they had finally admitted to themseleves that they did want to be together forever, they had been forced apart. Today an inconsequential almost silly looking pink piece of bauble connected her securely to him. It was this absolutely wondrous thing called love that IPK got right each time.

How must the man feel.. when he remembers she had tried valiantly desperately to stop him from leaving. He had disregarded her truth, rejected her attempts.. Left her torn weeping alone in a crowded airport as he resolutely walked away from her..  His wife who had stayed up all night taking care of him .. Been mad with worry about him when he was only slightly ill.. She had held onto him and not let him fall.. And he had flung their framed photograph onto the road in anger.. the glass had cracked into a million pieces, just like the heart of the girl he had accused of being characterless.. Even then she had tried to let him know she cared and he had not given her a chance to explain.. Only gotten angrier and harsher at her.. When he had her hand in his he had wretched himself free. Now what would he not give to have that same hand safely tucked in his?

He had turned in the airport to go back to her, but what if it was too late now? He had let her know he loved her, but what if he never saw her again? How would she survive without him? How would her smile return? What could he do? Why were things this messed up? Oh if only I knew all the questions that he must ask himself as he closed his eyes in what felt like soul searing grief to me. A man whose happy dream of love shatters yet again.

Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

are you there or a dream i dream
as hope deserts as light does dim
in my dark and wretched
tired bedraggled parched
annihilated being a heart it beats
for you have cried tears in silence and
i have known what i had anyway known
even when i did seem
not to
or pretend or fake or dissemble
or feign or hide or mask
yet all along
it was this and more of this alone
khushi, i love you
are you there or a dream i dream
are you here where i hold you in a fist
caught tight, in memories banked and
stored in my atom and blood
playing back holding me lest i slip
dreams... reality... what's not ours
come, touch me
and let me rest my heart

episode 263

"kaun hai ee log," who are these people, asked manorama watching the cc tv footage on the video player. asr left with four goons.

and soon after, ransom or firauti came up. kidnap was clearly mentioned by khushi... and mami ji got ready to sell everything she had for "handsome" as in ransom. writer had a nice inspired second and perhaps laughed a little at the followers of handsome who by then were ready to do anything for him... and they were certainly not keeping quiet on the forum and elsewhere.

it's been a week since he's gone. if he's been kidnapped, mysteriously no ransom has been asked for.

"bhat eej moteebhj?" asks mami ji. a smart question. one more that would never be answered. anyway, like asr i have decided to love ipk without insiting on anything being proved or substantiated... given in before a higher emotion... lub.

and just to tell me not to ever ever lose hope come a few exquisite moments.

almost halfway into the episode, there's hard reality on one side; and a man in ropes with a dream in his heart on the other.

khushi has
just said that no matter what she will find out about the four guys who have kidnapped arnav ji and a slow cross dissolve to asr lying prone, weak and wan it seems...

when a gust of wind and something awaken him... again that visual hint of connection between the two.

his eyes are incredulous, lips break into a slight smile... so tired he looks.

camera goes across his back and reveals what gets his eyes shining... it is she. she sits there in yellow and green looking up at him...

hey hey... the wind blows steady... another world it creates again.

as he gazes at her a little confused, not quite sure what to make of this, energy pours into him, he smiles... sort of, head lifting..

no double, no triple... it's them together after a long long time.

"khushi..." he must whisper her name... in it is life... is hope... is love

is his reality.

his hand reaches immediately... a grasp of heaven, a worn out man seeks. always ready to fight back, not give in, take the little hope held out to him.

a beautiful poignant gesture, she looks at his hand, it can't reach where it wants to...

he looks at his hand almost shocked as if he has no recollection of it being bound...

the brave free man...

her tears flow at the sight of the ropes...

she looks at that stopped hand...

a terribly helpless moment... asr is defeated?

he has to ask.. "khushi sach mein tum ho?" is it you... really.

it's perhaps never a matter of truth or false, but one of faith, belief, vishwas. extra rational. like her stars is she to him at this moment it seems to me... he will believe she is here. and in that itself the strength he has lost in the years of living locked and stricken. holding onto only the hard realities, the here and now... money, power, things that this world understands... he has fought back with that... but this one needs more. it needs the power of a dream. a palpable one. one he can touch. his hands are restless to catch it and keep it.

so tired, parched...

the sweetest smile, "mujhe laga koi sapna hai..." i thought you were a dream.

as her hand... free... easily moves and goes all the way up to his cheek, he turns his face, holding his cheek out to feel her touch... first time since he has told her that he does love her... khushi, i love you.

how much his mind and heart must be yearning for her right now.

a fantasy, a dream seems to be here... loving him...

"yeh sapna hi toh hai, arnav ji..." this is a dream indeed,  says the beautiful girl with tears and a magic touch.

and she's gone... he is alone.

bereft, barren and dark is his world once more. perhaps as it had always been till she fell in that outlandish moment into his arms.

he is lost but again his fist clenches tight, he looks down at what his hand opens to reveal is in it... a pink pompom...

seemed again a part of her had found a way to latch onto him... dupatta, jhumka, gota edge of kurta, now pompom... how much she had beseeched him not to go at the airport. she had snatched away his ticket and passport. seems when he took it back from her brusquely, along had come a dark pink pompom and settled into his pocket for the long ride ahead.

clutching it, a sign of the jhalli mad girl he loves, he survives on a hope.

the emptiness in his eyes.

mat jaiye, she had said.

she had taken care of him at night... held his hand over a huge rangoli... moments of his lover breathe life into in this hour of despair. he has smashed the picture... he is flinging her on the bed.

the memories fill him with pain.

she is outside the airport, he is striding in... the last time they met.

it's been more than a week. mami ji is convinced even the dhobi can't be trusted... writers use mami ji to go to the point where khushi starts thinking shyam may be a suspect too and the chase begins. he has asked some man to be brought to some mysterious place, khushi no doubt will follow him.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
Previous
1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 111
Next