Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
episodes 256/257

saw the two episodes this morning, a slightly tired sunday felt even more listless and wan after watching.

definitely the absence is being felt.

and as a result, desperate measures.

firstly, these are the fourth and fifth episodes i think of khushi looking consistently constantly sad and forlorn and droopy... tiring to watch. and not exactly khushi. yes, there was the jalebi making and the soliloquy of 254. but that was all. and a dream a little before that. otherwise, the same expression practically right through. sad... really, because i found it difficult to watch ipk. very difficult.

even the one with rocky's first appearance was better in a way. it did not have shyam minus clothes. what crazy tack was this? it was sharp to the extent it made one go "ow"; and close ones eyes.

khushi stood there saying many things?

how about leaving the room.

not an option?

like that evening on the terrace... the long conversation with a married man who has long stalked and harassed you, yet, you insist on finishing the conversation... here too.

why, she was more spirited and fiery when she met the horrid mr raizada the first time. she made every attempt to leave. here she stood and kept telling shyam to go, knowing full well by now his penchant for melodrama...

and who wrote that shyam bit? what was the purpose? the same leching and insinuating and crazy making of khushi could have been done without the village belle like going for bath sequence methinks. or maybe they should have given him a little pitcher to fill water. really, so he skulked in her room, waiting for her to appear so he could show her his biceps and triceps and get her on a sensual high? i mean really what was the reason for this bilious scene?

he speaks of her angry eyes turning him on. ok, i thought of the angry eyes that do actually turn her on...if that was the writer's intention, a smooth reminder of the gussa man... i am okay with with those few words.

but khushi's eyes would have grown stormy and more without shyam's off shoulder look.

another reminder of the man in his cousin stealing his stance and word. uff akash said, "enough!"

how terribly wrong it sounded coming from him.

and how the heart leaped at a memory.

two episodes and more went showing several strangers with as many phones talking about mr r not reaching london.

were these all hints of the phonecall on the way? finally when you are tired of the many phonecalls will come the one true phonecall.

ah, something spiritual surely there.

well, since i can't get my passport and visa to london in a day, and several weeks of outsourcing and human bungling must be factored in, i better shut up and recede to my corner, hurt. whether an actor is present or not, the viewer always is...might have been great if makers considered this person. the actor gave notice and left, the creators left it seemed without even bothering to tell me.

so yes, kidnap gave us some fantastic and unbelievable moments.

but always when the one who had taken a little time off was there.

makes me wonder about the level of talent and commitment of the writers and other creatives...

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

He does hurt himself when in pain about his loved ones...that raw visible wound of farq padtha hai altho it wasn't intentional...the invisible wound of the terrace, hate marriage.. may be not physical always .. .at emotional level he sure does hurt himself .. 

Agree peetal ka bartan is absolutely low aukaath. I am sure he graduated from that growing up..but at this juncture I vaguely read it as one of those juvenile ways to literally go into a shell when his loved one/s get hurt.. where as the cocoon of  adult successful business man is not close to being as obtuse...total asrish as you said..

Khushi knew all the way how much he gets hurt when he hurts her.. but now after the airport, after the physical separation she needed to hear that again just to gather herself
and just loved the whole premise of his tales being narrated as a bedtime fairy tale between  two women who genuinely love him ...hopefully I am not smitten by him to the extent of not being able to see the follies..

And, almost forgot.. best wishes for today June 19th... your special day...

totally agree about that in pink... but it happens automatically, because he is an intense emotional man who hates those he loves feeling terrible. he does not set it up, that is what i meant by not liking someone who hurts himself.

when i heard this the first time, i think i sort of responded positively to it, maybe because i along with many others thought that this would be part of story line, maybe he'd go away when he realised his family had hurt khushi's... we of course all felt the story would at one point link their pasts... anyway, all that did not happen and so this time it was just a refernce to a character trait, a nani sharing her nati's lovable (and unique) ways with her grand daughter in law... from that perspective, something felt all off... not quite asr.

there is no melodrama in his emotional behaviour. he is concentrated, terribly fragile at one level. can't express his feelings often and when he hurts because you hurt, there's something unspeakably beautiful there. he will take blame on your behalf was believable, this i don't know why, just wasn't.

i agree about the storytelling and sharing between two women who love him... but i found the writing unconvincing.

thanks for your 19th june wishes.

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episodes 256/257

saw the two episode this morning, a slightly tired sunday felt even more listless and wan after watching.

firstly, these are the fourth and fifth episodes i think of khushi looking consistently constantly sad and forlorn and droopy... tiring to watch. and not exactly khushi. yes, there was the jalebi making and the soliloquy of 254. but that was all. and a dream a little before that. otherwise, the same expression practically right through. sad... really, because i found it difficult to watch ipk. very difficult.

even the one with rocky's first appearance was better in a way. it did not have shyam minus clothes. what crazy tack was this? it was sharp to the extent it made one go "ow"; and close ones eyes.

how about leaving the room.

not an option?

like that evening on the terrace... the long conversation with a married man who has long stalked and harassed you, yet, you insist on finishing the conversation... here too.

why, she was more spirited and fiery when she met the horrid mr raizada the first time. she made every attempt to leave. here she stood and kept telling shyam to go, knowing full well by now his penchant for melodrama...

and who wrote that shyam bit? what was the purpose? the same leching and insinuating and crazy making of khushi could have been done without the village belle like going for bath sequence methinks. or maybe they should have given him a little pitcher to fill water. really, so he skulked in her room, waiting for her to appear so he could show her his biceps and triceps and get her on a sensual high? i mean really what was the reason for this billious scene?

he speaks of her angry eyes turning him on. ok, i thought of the angry eyes that do actually turn her on...if that was the writer's intention, a smooth reminder of the gussa man... i am okay with with those few words.

but khushi's eyes would have grown stormy and more without shyam's off shoulder look.

another reminder of the man in his cousin stealing his stance and word. uff akash said, "enough!"

two episodes and more went showing several strangers with as many phones talking about mr r not reaching london.

were these all hints of the phonecall on the way? finally when you are tired of the many phonecalls will come the one true phonecall.

well, since i can't get my passport and visa to london in a day, and several weeks of outsourcing and human bungling must be factored in, i better shut up and recede to my corner, hurt. whether an actor is present or not, the viewer always is...might have been great if makers considered this person. the actor gave notice and left, the creators left it seemed without even bothering to tell me.

makes me wonder about the level of talent and commitment of the writers and other creatives...

You had mentioned the lascivious sexuality on some other thread. I don't  know why we have so much of it in our movies and serials. This whole shyam track was a big yuck for me. Just could not get the whole point of it. And the way shyam/abbas looked at this point was even more off for me. In the beginning, the way he looked and his actions made him interesting ( I loved something you had written, "shudh hindi and ashudh intentions"!). He looked the ideal young man that people would consider as good marriage material. And you just didn't get khushi's insistence in clearing up stuff with him.
Seriously off writing.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

You had mentioned the lascivious sexuality on some other thread. I don't  know why we have so much of it in our movies and serials. This whole shyam track was a big yuck for me. Just could not get the whole point of it. And the way shyam/abbas looked at this point was even more off for me. In the beginning, the way he looked and his actions made him interesting ( I loved something you had written, "shudh hindi and ashudh intentions"!). He looked the ideal young man that people would consider as good marriage material. And you just didn't get khushi's insistence in clearing up stuff with him.
Seriously off writing.

kizh,

he looked plain awful during this phase.. the interesting character they started out with, just got finished off. abhaas was disappointing., he seemed to have a much better sense of his character when it started out... now who is he exactly... a huge difference between a guy who sits daydreaming about a girl while his wife is by him or in his arms and then commits curiously disproportionate acts of destruction to get his hands on her as compared to this... a very filmi, crass character who skulks in her room, and he the son in law much loved of the fam, with his shirt off and his lechery in full view. and as we realise it isn't even love or like for khushi in this case, just some weird power trip... there was a tender note to shyam, you almost felt bad for this amoral character... he seemed interesting, but somewhere along the way they lost him...

in red... yes, too much of this sleaze everywhere. a repressed hypocritical society i guess gets off on such sickening displays of ugh sex. a terrifying trend... i have grown up totally scared of rape and molestation thanks to these sorts of scenes in movies... something always said, this can happen. we belong to a world that has no respect for the woman as an individual... yet we have this veneer of a great culture that reveres women. dichotomy of the most horrific kind. disorienting.

in this story, there was no need for and no place for these excesses. unless you cared to show the why of it... something from shyam's past, something that made you understand why he was the way he was... to just say yes i am bad and let that explain everything, well lazy writing.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

kizh,

he looked plain awful during this phase.. the interesting character they started out with, just got finished off. abhaas was disappointing., he seemed to have a much better sense of his character when it started out... now who is he exactly... a huge difference between a guy who sits daydreaming about a girl whole his wife is by him or in his arms and then commits curiously disproportionate acts of destruction to get his hands on her as compared to this... a very filmi, crass character who skulks in her room, and he the son in law much loved of the fam, with his shirt off and his lechery in full view. and as we realise it isn't even love or like for khushi in this case, just some weird power trip... their was a tender note to shyam, you almost felt bad for this amoral character... he seemed interesting, but somewhere along the way they lost him...

in red... yes, too much of this sleaze everywhere. a repressed hypocritical society i guess gets off on such sickening displays of ugh sex. a terrifying trend... i have grown up totally scared of rape and molestation thanks to these sorts of scenes in movies... something always said, this can happen. we belong to a world that has no respect for the woman as an individual... yet we have this veneer of a great culture that reveres women. dichotomy of the most horrific kind. disorienting.

in this story, there was no need for and no place for these excesses. unless you cared to show the why of it... something from shyam's past, something that made you understand why he was the way he was... to just say yes i am bad and let that explain everything, well lazy writing.

Interesting conversation kizh, Indi di.

That in pink I have been wondering the same thing. He is outright even mean to Khushi these days I feel. And very rude. Hardly cares to appear even remotely nice in front of her or to her. 

When he lived in Gupta house and Khushi came worried from office he did try and be nice to her. Sure it was for his own ulterior motive, but then we do try and appear at our best behaviour specially at the onset of the relationship so that the person we like likes us back. There were multiple times he managed to calm her down or just back off and try and convey he is around if she needs him. the intentions have always been 'ashudh' like Kizh mentioned, still atleast he acted nice in front of her. Of course external appearance wise he was completely taken in by her. Now she hardly affects him at all.

Nani and ASR both are shrewd and good judge of character as far as I can tell. And he had them hoodwinked for three or more years. Actually he did give sensible advice quite often in those early episodes. With Lavanya I never understood quite why he stepped up and helped out. And now they have blown him out of proportion. No reason given why he is this way except one which could be plausible... That once you start indulging the evil in you it tends to take over.

Our whole society is strange in a way.. The things we can't talk out loud are things that our mind focuses on the most. 
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

rhea,

with shyam too there was no adherence to original character sketch... he was often used to take story forward... as with being the instrument that would bring la home, which was fine because it kind of was what the son in law trying to curry favour might do... find a solution acceptable to all... he also was a lawyer with that penchant for convolution and a crooked kind of sharpness... it was rather smooth and interesting. his look with the accent on decent middle classness was lovely.

now suddenly long hair, beard, weight, where is that "shudh" thing of shyam's that made him truly creepy and believable. it's almost like achhi bahu wearing short skirt all of a sudden. 😆 or the worst night mare of hindi serials, achhi bahu suddenly spwaking in englissiya.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Update of Episode 252-253 ...page 108
Rise of inamorata
aarwen thumbnail

episodes 256/257

saw the two episodes this morning, a slightly tired sunday felt even more listless and wan after watching. so true. Have been procrastinating watching thinking I need to be in a happier mood.. will watch then, instead of the phase where I steal out time to watch.. to become happy.

how about leaving the room. exactly..and am nodding my head violently.. and why did she have the dal? He is sans proper clothing why is she even  standing there?

not an option?

and who wrote that shyam bit? what was the purpose? the same leching and insinuating and crazy making of khushi could have been done without the village belle like going for bath sequence methinks. or maybe they should have given him a little pitcher to fill water. really, so he skulked in her room, waiting for her to appear so he could show her his biceps and triceps and get her on a sensual high? i mean really what was the reason for this bilious scene? ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜² I can't decide on one expression here. And really they always handled Khushi and Arnav's closeness with so much sensorship and then just threw in this weird Shyam. I shudder to even think of him in that state in her room. Maybe the villain is exempt from rules.

he speaks of her angry eyes turning him on. ok, i thought of the angry eyes that do actually turn her on...if that was the writer's intention, a smooth reminder of the gussa man... i am okay with with those few words. hmm I hardly doubt that was the intention, but who are we to know. Maybe some person being forced to do somethings he found senseless wrote in a secret intelligent connection with the missing angry man. 

another reminder of the man in his cousin stealing his stance and word. uff akash said, "enough!" bhen? bhat? I misses..

well, since i can't get my passport and visa to london in a day, and several weeks of outsourcing and human bungling must be factored in, i better shut up and recede to my corner, hurt. whether an actor is present or not, the viewer always is...might have been great if makers considered this person. the actor gave notice and left, the creators left it seemed without even bothering to tell me. 😕

Indi di I felt the exact same way. Knew I would't be able to make it interesting like you managed to do so well so skipped writing it. My review would most probably have had a whining tone to it. I just felt sad, grumpy, bored. I do watch for Khushi Arnav, but I enjoyed the other actors also. If only the story was meaningful and fresh with the rest of the cast. Instead it is completely uninspired writing where others are involved. If the creators knew their main attraction is gone they should have been ready with more quality distractions to keep the viewer engaged. When I watched these two episodes I remembered why I skipped these on my first watch. Reading your review sort of gave me an outlet to vent the frustration. Thank you.
indi52 thumbnail
^^^
bhen? bhat? I misses..

hyuk hyuk, i giggled madly when i read that... ok rhea bitiya, now you musting goings backs agains to bhatch. 😆 our newly minted very commanding, stubbled and muscled akash bitwa said the asr copyright word, and what majal trying to catch the expression too, to his wife when she kept shushing baliya about divulging the truth to akash.

i was bored angry irritated beyond belief, but thought might as well write something... you know i obsessively try to write every episode... no idea why.

now that we shall not have much to say for about a month or two, maybe i should really start doing the ones i missed earlier. so good, all of them. i was watching a bit of the akash payal love days, hard to imagine, the same writers wrote these pointless ones.

yeah, why did she hand around with the dal thing? i get it that he knows her protector is away, he might even finish him off, but then shouldn't he be trying to woo her instead of this desi raunchy pukeworthy stuff? if he sent her a bouquet of red roses it would be just as obscene and perhaps more effective and more threatening, sickening in feel, more true to character. 

aarwen thumbnail
Indi di Pata nahi humare sath hi aisa kyu hota hai? ( imagine lovely woebegone expression as I say it.. )
Apparently thanks to how much attention am paying to these episodes I even missed noticing when they showed Aman. or atleast am guessing  that man who called Khushi was Aman, right? Since Aakash mentioned Aman in 258 and Khushi said he called her.

About Shyam.. hi five.. Why is he not trying to be nice to her?

For your reviews.. humein farak padta hai lots.. I even had a great ðŸ˜³ suggestion which you ignored.. ( imagine ruthi hui Rhea face.. which is very cute) .. For the remaining episodes you should write one per month or per movie before his movie launch as a lucky charm for him.. And I recollect you started episode 1 , didn't complete? Though can't complain in a way its like keeping your favourite food in your plate till last.. can keep looking forward to your take on those episodes..