||~ The Sunshine of My life #3 AsYa FF ~|| Next thread link Page 146

-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Thanks so much for reading, commenting and supporting my work. And PLEASE continue to do so. I am not going to force anyone to comment, but it would kind enough if all of you could take out out 30 seconds to give even a 10 word comment or even less. πŸ˜† 

IMP NOTE - All those who want a PM add me to your buddy list. And remember to mention it in your comments.

INDEX

Edited by Ankita.M - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Not sending PM's for this one will send it with the next update.Shall update the next part after a few days now. Not till Thursday next week mostly. If I am free I will update before too. Shall update a longer one then. 

Part 25

Zoya mixed the batter for the cake she was trying to prepare for dinner. Najma's result had been declared which she had successfully cleared with an A grade. She had come bounding in her room and had hugged her tightly thanking her for all the effort she had put in for her studies. Zoya had brushed off all the praise being showered on her and promised her a treat for the success.

Zoya wanted to uplift everyone's mood in the house. And she didn't think there was going to be a better occasion to do so. No one in the house could deny anything to Tamatar, and for her happiness they would be part of a cosy celebration she had planned. Maybe spending time like that together would break the distance between Asad and Dilshad, she hoped.

************

Asad tried to engross himself in his work, the only way he knew to distract himself from all other thoughts that evaded his mind. The last two days had been emotionally exhausting and the fact that his Ammi was disappointed in him played heavily on his mind. They had lived a hard life and it had been overbearing for him to behave so responsible at such a young stage in his life, but it had been only his Ammi's trust in him that had pushed him to the right path in life. Seeing the hurt in her eyes jabbed his heart in the worst way possible.

He looked away from his work when his phone beeped, Miss Farooqui flashing on the screen.

Please come home soon tonight, Najma aced her exams, should do something special for her :-)

Asad's face curved into a smile reading the message, his mood boosted suddenly with just a text from Zoya. She was such a lovely girl he thought. When she had come into their lives he had been frustrated to no end at the intrusion, thought of her every move as some sort of interference and misjudged her all along. But the revelations of her past and her compassion and concern towards each member of his family, including himself had changed his mind about her.

He hadn't seen a girl as selfless, as gentle and understanding as her ever before. Did she even think about herself? She was here to search answers of her past but lately she thought about everything but that.

She thought so much about each one of them, it was time someone thought of her too.

She had helped him overcome his grief, given him so much strength at the time of need, it was his turn to be of help to her, to do something to make her happy.

Smiling to himself he typed a reply.

Sure thing J Congrats to Tamatar..and you.

Zoya smiled at the reply, wider reading the and you'. She felt like a giddy teenager, getting pleased at such small little gestures, and words of praise from Asad. She knew he did it out of graciousness but for her it mattered a lot more than he would ever know.

*************

"Congratulations Tamatar, I am so proud of you." Asad whispered softly taking Najma in a hug just as soon as she opened the door to him. Aahana who was positioned on her hip flared her arms leaning towards Asad who took her happily making Najma scowl.

"Thanks Bhaijaan, but how did you know? I never told you," Najma asked genuinely curious,  though she had an inkling. She wasn't so timid not to see smell the changes around her.

"That isn't important, what's important is that you deserve a treat," Asad said ruffling her hair.

"Yeah I know, Zoya's been in the kitchen all day cooking something or the other. She's made dinner for us," Najma said as they all walked into the kitchen.

Asad looked at Zoya busy cooking and smiled but frowned at Najma as an afterthought," Why is she cooking alone? Did she come from New York to India just to do more work for all of us and the house?"

"What do you mean Mr Khan? Can't I do something for all of you?" Zoya asked unable to understand Asad's statement.

"Of course you can Zoya. But you're cooking, helping in other chores, taking care of Aahana, it makes me feel guilty."

"But why Mr Khan?" Zoya's eyes bore into his.

"Uh woh aap.." he fumbled.

"Because I am a guest," Zoya asked her voice cold.

"Yes, NO, uh.. I mean woh actually," Asad said faltering on his own words and halted immediately seeing the hurt flash in her eyes.

"Zoya you're family, and you know that. Why do you need anyone stamping that officially for you?" Najma said nudging her shoulders with Zoya's making her smile and turn around to do her work.

Asad grimaced feeling guilty for letting her feel secluded from all of them. He hadn't thought about it specifically but he knew he treated her like a part of them. He had only meant for her not to strain herself working. She had come there for a reason; she had come there to fulfil the purpose of HER life. But all she had been doing was serving the family and working for them. He felt bad about hurting her and wanted to talk right away but seeing Najma there, looking at him angrily he thought against it.  He would talk to her later, alone.

***************

After a quite dinner Zoya requested all of them to move to the living room so they could watch a movie together, insisting that since Najma had fared so well she deserved some celebration. They were all just about to settle down when the bell rang.

"I'll take it," Asad offered.  Asad walked in with some packets in his hand and moved towards the kitchen.

"Bhaijaan kya hai ye sab?" Najma asked curiously.

"Nothing Tamatar, I just ordered some ice cream for all of us, I thought it would go well with Zoya's cake," Asad said looking at Zoya, hoping it would appease her.

Najma and Zoya were about to get up to help him," You sit I'll serve you'll," Asad said gently surprising Najma out of her wits. Her Bhaijaan had never been so courteous; he would mostly just order everyone around. Zoya guessed he didn't want her to help, probably thought of her a guest she reminded herself.

Asad caught the look on her face and realised his mistake. Finding a good reason to correct his fault earlier that day he called for her," Zoya can you help me with the bowls my hands are sticky, Najma go call Ammi downstairs," Asad said surprising both the girls. Najma grinned to herself naughtily and walked away while Zoya smiled happy to be needed again.

Asad sat with Aahana in his lap, trying to eat his ice cream, while she kept leaping forward to have a lick of it.

"No baby not for you.." Asad said pulling her back.

Seeing her pout he couldn't resist but let her have a taste of the ice cream, which she had readily smacking her lips and opened her mouth for more.

Seeing Dilshad walk in Asad felt conscious, he placed Aahana on the quilt and proceeded to leave, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. Zoya who hadn't been talking to him for a while kept her hand on his to stop him. She handed him a bowl of some ice cream and cake and gestured him to give it to Dilshad. Asad nodded in negative but when Zoya pleaded him he gave in.

"Ammi aap bhi khaiye na," Asad said offering her the bowl and sitting next to her.

"Mera mann nahi hai," Dilshad said staring at the TV screen on pretext of watching the movie. Asad sighed sadly and looked at Zoya and Najma. Najma took the bowl and offered Dilshad a spoonful," Kya Ammi aaj mera itna acha result aaya hai aur mana kar rahi hai. You have to eat for me."

Dilshad smiled slightly and relented, eating from her daughter's hand. Asad sighed in relief at seeing a smile on her face finally and decided to put her at ease and got up to leave on the excuse of putting Aahana to sleep.

Zoya sat staring at his retreating self and sighed to herself seeing her plan flop royally.

**************

Asad strolled in his room with a relentless Aahana in his arms, trying to rock her to sleep. His eyes darted towards the window and he squinted to see Zoya sitting on the bench in the garden. He peered at Aahana over his shoulder and shook his head seeing her wide awake, blowing bubbles in her mouth, spitting drool all over his shoulders. Smiling at her he walked out of the room and the house towards the garden.

****************

"Anything wrong?" Asad said sitting next to Zoya on the bench. Giving her a short glance he shifted his attention to putting Aahana in her walker so she could toddle around the garden a little.

Zoya shook her head in negative.

"Upset with me?"

"Why would I be?" Zoya said distantly.

"Yeah you're right why would you be, " Asad said offhandedly.

Zoya stared at him for two seconds and then looked away again making him smirk.

Taking Zoya's hand in his he squeezed it gently," I am sorry Zoya."

"It's ok Mr Khan, you were right after all, I am a guest whose come here for a while and has to leave after her works done. You don't have to be sorry," Zoya said looking away.

Asad didn't like what she said, unknown to the reason, hearing her talking about leaving didn't go down well with him.

"Come on Zoya, you know me too well to take what I said seriously. I didn't mean it the way you took it," Asad said gently.

Zoya refused to look at him even as little tears made way out her eyes, making her feel silly behaving like a spoilt kid who was refused what she wanted.

"Zoyaa, come on. I was very guilty about you taking up all the responsibilities at home and ignoring yourself as a result. I know how important it is to find out about your Abu but we've all been wrapped around our troubles and you've been left with nothing but taking care of all of us. I didn't mean to say you aren't a member of our family, you obviously are.. uh.. I mean, woh actually."

Zoya who had been staring at Asad rant wide eyed, chuckled between her angry tears listening him utter his famous woh actually'. Asad smiled glad seeing her back to normal.

"By the way were you so upset only because of this, I mean," Asad asked cautiously.

Zoya bit her tongue embarrassed, and shook her head," No not really, woh actually.."

Zoya heard Asad shake with laughter and stared at him, then realised what she had said laughed along with him

"I am rubbing off on you."

"You are and I don't like that, I am not used to speaking so less."

"I can see that," Asad teasing making Zoya scowl.

"I have something that I know will make you feel better," Asad said twitching his lips in a slight smirk and got up to go inside. Zoya looked at his retreating back and awaited his return impatiently.

Zoya saw him come back with a box in his hands and was surprised when she recognised what it was.

"Here you go," Asad said as he passed her a large pizza and coke can.

"Oh my God Mr Khan, I can't believe it. Did you just.." Zoya couldn't even complete what she wanted to say and leaped at the box. Opening it she bit a large bite of the pizza and gobbled it hungrily. The sullen faces and depressing mood at dinner had eaten all her appetite and she had ended up picking on her food. She couldn't have needed the Pizza any more than today.

"Ye kis liye Mr Khan, is this some sort of pay back because I helped Najma."

"I don't think a Pizza is good enough for that then," Asad teased. 

Zoya's frowned," I am just joking. There's no reason why I did this, just felt like," Asad said making Zoya smile. 

"Who cares what it's for as long as I get to eat it," Zoya said excitedly. 

"You're the best Mr Khan," she said with full mouth, crumbles dangling from her lips. Asad was amused at the sight and pointed towards her lips motioning for her to clean it. Zoya carelessly dabbed at it and continued to eat. A second later she retreated feeling Asad wiping whatever was on her face with his handkerchief. Her eyes flew above, staring into his brown orbs and got lost in the moment. His gentle touch on her lips made her heart go erratic her breath hitched in her throat.

They were broken apart by a sudden wale from Aahana. Asad was immediately distracted and pulled her walker closer. Aahana just kept crying and kicking her feet wanting to be released.

Zoya bent closer and freed her from the walker. Aahana who had been whining, calmed down immediately.

"What happened baby?" Asad asked taking her from Zoya.

"Mr Khan I don't think you've noticed that she's outgrowing her clothes, even the walker. You need to get her a bigger size. Look there's a mark on her leg; it must have been too tight for her."

Asad observed closely and agreed, caressing the swollen area Asad kissed Aahana to calm her down.

"You're right I'll order for her clothes and stuff online tomorrow."

"Online? Come on Mr Khan, let the girl decides what she wants for herself."

"She's just one Zoya, she won't even know the difference.

"She will, if you let her know Mr Khan. Have you realised you hardly let her out of the house, except the little time she goes to the park with any of us. She hardly ever gets to go out and be a part of the world. In a few years she'll be big enough to go to school, if she is always protected at home it will be so hard for her to accept the change," Zoya said thoughtfully, but suddenly stopped fearing she had crossed a line.

"I am sorry I don't mean to interfere but.. "

"No you're right. I've been thinking about this for a while now. I think it's time I stop being so overbearing. I should try and let go the memories of that incident. Anyway it's a nice day tomorrow I should take her shopping, would be a good outing for her."

Zoya smiled and nodded in approval of his decision. She packed the rest of the pizza wanting to eat it later and stood up.

"Uh Zoya.."

"Yes Mr Khan?"

"Why don't you accompany us for shopping too," Asad asked impulsively and stopped to think what made him do that. But before he could give it much of a thought he saw a huge smile erupt on Zoya's face.

"Mai aap dono ke saath?"

Asad smiled at her reaction and nodded, " Yeah why not? You haven't been around Bhopal for anything apart work either."

Zoya nodded happily awaiting to spend time with Aahana and Asad.

************

Precap - Asad Zoya Aahana have an outing. Quran Khwani at the Khan's.

NEXT PART  Edited by Ankita.M - 10 years ago
HoityToity thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
congo on new thread πŸ₯³
PS i got the first place 
Edited by hottytotty - 10 years ago
sweety003 thumbnail
Awesome update ankita!!Edited by sweety003 - 9 years ago
SovaSana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
congrats for the new thread
awesome chapter
zoya is so sweet
and asad he has changed so much
it looks like a perfect family picture
looking forward to the next chapter
do continue soon😊
blessing-beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
CONGRATSSS
I LOVE the pace of ur story anku soo much <3 im sooo hooked im yet to read soo many parts but all good or me 
Edited by blessing-beauty - 10 years ago
roshni_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
congo for the new thread..n for the part ..its beautiful as usual..happy to see that asad is taking care of zoya's feelings..but i am a bit disappointed at dilsad..
updt the next part soonish..
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
ressy messy unleash the fury of Lionel Messi πŸ˜†
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: hottytotty

congo on new thread πŸ₯³

PS i got the first place 

😑😑 meri jagah le li tune πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†