Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UsernameLoading thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: YusBee

I guess I will the only one apart from UsernameLoading who will agree to what he tweeted. But honestly, I feel her performance is beyond comparison. Her role might look ordinary but still she is extra ordinary in the film.

I had never expected a young girl like Alia in today's era, where the youngsters play safe and take up glam roles, to take up such a film after SOTY. And I don't care what people think about my comparison now but after watching this film, I will have to say that Alia is a MUCH better actor than Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra,  Kareena Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai. I have always seen these actors giving monologues on screen in many of their films and every single monologue of theirs look like they are in a play- the dialogue delivery is so dramatic.
But in this film, where half of Alia's dialogues are monologues- I really couldn't believe that I was watching Alia Bhatt mouthing monologues so naturally. Not even for a second did I feel like she is performing at a play like the other actors I mentioned.

And when Vidya can be called the female Aamir Khan of the film industry, Madhuri can be called the Diva, Queen, blah blah..why can't Alia be called the next Nutan or Meena Kumari? Anyways if you see, he has compared Alia with the actresses who played roles similar to Veera- strong yet they needed a support to show their strength.

I like the current phase of Bollywood. Every year I seem to have a new favorite actor. I love it more when these masala heroines or non actors deliver a performance which suddenly surprises you. Till 2013 it  was Sonakshi for me. Now it's getting replaced by Alia Bhatt till I see something as amazing as Veera Tripathi in 2014! Like UsernameLoading said, one of the best performances I have seen in the recent years. Miles ahead of the stuff the other older actors do!

And again like UsernameLoading said, you might just disagree with whatever I said :)

I remember posting this about Alia when I watched SOTY

Thank you..I'm glad you reserved your judgment till after you saw the movie
And I'm super glad that you enjoyed the movie..

:)
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Lol, super annoying couple, are they some self-appointed patrons of the arts (read star kids).
Knowing the kind of non talent Javed used to back on Indian Idol and just how easily it is for Shabana's 'rongte' to 'khade hojana' I am kind of skeptical about the extent of Alia's talent. However the reviews she's getting and based on the trailer, I'm still willing to reserve judgement till I actually watch the film.
Actors like Ranbir, Sonakshi were also up hailed quite early in their career but then they experienced a blip (albeit Sonakshi's is due to her script choice), eventually people realised Ranbir can't do all kinds of genres and given how he was trashed by the media/critics, its probably pernicious to be put on a pedestal in the long run.
Edited by AllonsyGeronimo - 10 years ago
Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
After watching Highway i wont go that further to compare her with Shabana Azmi but Alia is a class apart if she can maintain this level for 3-4 more movies in her career she will be up there.she really shocked me that good she was! i have never thought i would say this specially after watching SOTY🤢 
but from now on there is two Alia for me pre SOTY and after Highway.
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
I've seen highway and yes, aalia does exhibit an EXTREMELY strong screen presence and is a complete natural in front of the camera...3-4 sequences of hers just blew me away (confession to ranveer, hospital scene, climax scene and subsequent breakdown)...

i haven't connected with any other actress in the last few years(perhaps in the last 6-7 years) as strongly as i connected with aalia...its definitely on my list of the finest female performances ive seen in a long time so i would actually NOT consider the tweet an exaggeration after watching the movie... i read this tweet b4 i saw the film and rolled my eyes thinking this was the parineeti case all over again with the unnecessary praise and hype and i expected aalia's performance to be underwhelming, (also because of the early mixed reviews she got)...but despite all that, aalia managed to blow me away...she was absolutely brilliant...

comparing her to iconic performances maybe an exaggeration...but those performances became iconic over time...who knows how aalia's performance will feel like, 10-15 years from now? and that too from someone who is just one film old...id consider it a milestone personally...
Edited by pathaka - 10 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Only in her second film and this girl is getting so much praise. She's going to go far if she's smart with her film choices. 
Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: beboholic

Only in her second film and this girl is getting so much praise. She's going to go far if she's smart with her film choices. 

THIS 👍🏼
tanya.91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well Alia was really impressive in Highway, but comparing her with Nargis of MOTHER INDIA is quite an OVER statement Javed-daffy.duck-Akhtar