Hot N' Happening

This whole episode has been nothing but a witch hunt: Raj Kundra

Businessman Raj Kundra recently in a statement issued on social media said that he has never been involved in the production and distribution of pornographic content in his life.

Published: Monday,Dec 20, 2021 11:55 AM GMT-07:00
facebook twitter whatsapp
Raj Kundra

Earlier this year Shilpa Shetty’s husband and businessman Raj Kundra, who was arrested in a pornography case was granted bail on September 2021.

On Monday Raj claimed he has never been involved in the production and distribution of pornographic content in his life. 

In a statement issued on a social media platform, Kundra said the entire episode was nothing but a "witch hunt".

The businessman said he wishes his privacy should not be intruded on anymore with this continued "media trial" and also said he has already been pronounced "guilty" by the media.

The Supreme Court last week granted protection from arrest to Kundra in connection with an FIR registered against him for allegedly distributing pornographic videos.

In July this year, Kundra was arrested by the Mumbai Police in another case where he was accused of distributing porn films through an app.

On Monday, Shilpa’s husband stated that, 

"After much contemplation, considering there are many misleading and irresponsible statements and articles floating around and my silence has been misconstrued for weakness. I would like to start by stating that I have NEVER been involved in the production and distribution of "pornography" EVER in my life."


Featured Video

"This whole episode has been nothing but a witch hunt. The matter is subjudice so I can not elucidate, but I am ready to face trial and have full faith in the judiciary, where the truth will prevail."

He further continued saying, unfortunately, he has already been pronounced "guilty" by the media and that his family and he have been subjected to a lot of pain (continuously), violating his human and constitutional rights at different levels. He said,

"The trolling, negativity, and toxic public perception has been very debilitating. To set the record straight, I do not hide my face in shame, but wish that my privacy is not intruded anymore with this continued MEDIA TRIAL. My priority has always been my family, nothing else matters at this juncture." 

Kundra said he believes it is every person's inalienable right to live with dignity and he requests the same.

The HC also rejected his anticipatory bail application on November 25. The FIR named actors Sherlyn Chopra and Poonam Pandey as co-accused.

Kundra's lawyers had claimed he was in no way connected to content creation, publication, or transmission of alleged illegal videos even as the actors, who were named as co-accused, had given full consent to shoot the videos.


Sherlyn Chopra Shilpa Shetty Poonam Pandey Raj Kundra


Comments (1)

View all
priya185
priya185 5 months ago That’s what all criminals say that it is a witch hunt
Reply thumbs-up 2 thumbs-down 0
see more
up-open TOP