Mumbai, May 23 (IANS) Director Rensil d'Silva shot a large part of his upcoming film starring Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Vivek Oberoi in New York last month and says there was no swine flu scare while filming.
'There was absolutely no worries about swine flu. No one even sneezed on location in New York,' Rensil said.
'It all went very very smoothly. There was absolutely no question of fleeing the city because of the health scare. Ours was a very dedicated team,' he added.
The film, which also stars veteran actor Om Puri, is still untitled.
Rensil, like many other filmmakers, feels the swine-flu scare has been overdone in the media. In fact, Barbara Mori who's from Mexico where the deadly flu virus originated, was in Cannes this week with Rakesh Roshan, Hrithik and director Anurag Basu to promote their movie 'Kites'.
'It's all fine. No swine,' joked Rakesh Roshan.
But Rensil couldn't accompany his producer Karan Johar to Cannes. 'I've some shooting left to do. But we've prepared a 90-second trailer for Cannes which Karan took along with his film 'My Name Is Khan'.'
The New York schedule of Rensil's film was totally stress-free, unlike the Delhi shoot where crowds kept coming into camera range.
'New York has a lot of fans of Indian cinema. But they know how to keep their distance. We shot the entire schedule without mishap,' the director said.