Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago

News: Day 23

Dennis Removed

Day 23 - Fri 27 Jun 2008, 13:30 PM

Dennis

Dennis is removed from the Big Brother House for unacceptable behaviour...

Housemate Dennis McHugh has been removed from the Big Brother House for unacceptable behaviour.

A number of housemates were involved in an argument at approximately 12.45am this morning (27th June), which resulted from a prank played by Rex that ended in a picture painted by Jennifer being slightly defaced.

During the argument Dennis spat in the face of fellow housemate, Mohamed.

Big Brother intervened immediately to break up the argument. The 'as live' streaming from the house on E4 was cut and no footage was broadcast.

All the housemates involved in the argument were sent to separate bedrooms and kept apart for the rest of the night. Dennis and Mohamed were called separately to the diary room in the early hours to discuss the incident.

After production staff and executives at Channel 4 reviewed the footage this morning, Dennis was called to the diary room a second time at 1:15pm and told he was immediately being removed from the house.

Following Dennis's removal, Big Brother continues to call to the diary room a number of other housemates to discuss their involvement in the argument and remind them of the rules governing housemates' behaviour.

A Channel 4 spokeswoman said: "Spitting in someone's face is seriously offensive and Mohamed was understandably upset. Big Brother has very clear rules about offensive behaviour. Like all housemates Dennis was clearly informed before entering the house that he faced eviction if he acted in an unacceptable manner."

Viewers will be able to see the incident and how it was handled in tonight's highlights show on Channel 4 at 9pm.

Tonight's eviction vote, involving Mohamed and Sylvia, will proceed as planned.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=422 1&position=17

Edited by rukhaya - 15 years ago
-dramaholic- thumbnail
Mario and Lisa find it hard

It's getting a bit much for some of the housemates

Dale and Rex were slumped on the sofa in the Living Area. It seems the strain of wearing the black goggles was taking its toll on the housemates. "My eyes are starting to throb now," Dale said. "My heartbeat... I can feel my heart beating." Rex remained silent.

Dale and Rex listened to Mohamed talking about the milk. "Basically," said Mohamed, "the milk's supposed to be for one person but I split it into two." Elsewhere, Lisa and Mario sat in blind silence together. "We've had 'em on quite a long time haven't we?" said Mario.

"I think we've coped really well," said Lisa. Rachel joined them. "It hurts doesn't it?" asked Rachel. "The suction going into your eye socket," said Mario, "it hurts." "My eyes were so bad I had to put my make up on," said Rachel.

Wow. That bad? "It pulls your socket out doesn't it?" asked Mario, who had somehow worked around the need to put on make up and alleviate the pain. Hmmm but have they passed the Task?

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=454 1

-dramaholic- thumbnail

A Big Bust Up

Day 24 - Sat 28 Jun 2008, 22:58 PM

Tempers flare in late-night rift between Darnell, Rebecca and Kat...

Oh dear, it all started with such a nice three-way chat until... "Come on, Rebecca, admit you said you don't want people to have a happy house" Darnell said, referring to the argument Rachel and Rebecca had had earlier . "That's pathetic, why would I say that? People keep saying that to me and it's getting on my nerves," replied Rebecca.

"Today you and Jennifer have totally been talking about how you don't want to hang out with the 'boring people'. But some of it is getting catty and personal. Like you saying that Kat basically don't deserve to win Big Brother," he ploughed on.

"I'll say a lot of things in this House but it doesn't mean you have take things out of context. You're one of those people who gets a big ***** spoon and you stir things up and you tell people about it!" Rebecca shouted back. Kat started crying quietly as the row raged on.

"Look, now Kat's getting upset. Look how you've made her feel" said Rebecca. "You don't need to say things like that with a big blabbermouth. I will never be able to speak to you in confidence again. I thought I could trust you Darnell but obviously not." "Okay, let's just forget it. The argument is dumb, you win, whatever. Don't bother, just act like I'm not even here" Darnell said.

"Are you saying you'd rather not be friends with me?" asked Rebecca. "Whatever" mumbled Darnell. "Okay, fine" said Rebecca, walking out the door. Noooo, you two, this could be the end of a beautiful friendship...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=444 5&position=37

Edited by dramaholic - 15 years ago
-dramaholic- thumbnail

Tears Before Bedtime

Day 24 - Sat 28 Jun 2008, 22:10 PM

They've only gone and set Jennifer off

The love triangle strikes again...

After supper tonight Stuart followed Jennifer to the bedroom for an intimate chat. "I haven't met 'The One'. There's no point in settling down until I've met 'The One'" Stuart boldly declared.

"What makes the one different from the rest?" pondered Jennifer. "Just someone who makes you happy" said Stuart. Not that again. Meantime, on the other side of the house, a forlorn Dale trudged off to the Diary Room. "Hello Big Brother. I just needed to get away from being in the house. It's been **** today" he said.

"I thought Jen and I had one of the strongest bonds in the House and now she's obviously sharing her problems with someone else. The whole competing for affection thing or to see who gets a girl is pretty bad. I don't know what to do. I can't go in to the bedroom if it's just them two."

"Sometimes I speak to Jennifer and we have a good laugh and at other times she's in a mood with me for no reason," he continued. "It seems like I'm competing with Stuart. To be honest I didn't come into the House for a girl. It's annoying that it seems to be going that way. The love triangle strikes again, it would appear." Blimey, Dale, it certainly does mate.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=444 1&position=35

-dramaholic- thumbnail

Unhappy Cookie

Day 24 - Sat 28 Jun 2008, 21:14 PM

Kat's not singing 'If You're Happy and You Know It..." anymore

Unhappiness is just so contagious...

This evening Kat revealed to Rachel that she's had to think twice about being herself in the House. "All this negativity is just endless," Kat confessed in a heart-to-heart before supper.

"I don't want to upset people. Maybe I should be less positive to make them feel better," she concluded. "Don't be down just because other people are negative," Rachel offered. "I know for a fact it annoys them when we're happy. But that's tough. I'm not going to let it ruin my time in the House and you shouldn't either."

Wise advice!

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=442 1&position=34

-dramaholic- thumbnail

Unhappy Campers

Day 24 - Sat 28 Jun 2008, 20:36 PM

Rac-hell

The battle of the brunettes kicks off...

After Rebecca shouted at Kathreya for singing the happy House song this evening Rachel had a word. "I heard you said that you don't want a happy House. I think that's childish and pathetic," Rachel said.

"I didn't say that. But it's driving me crazy that I have to be constantly happy. I am allowed to get annoyed with people." explained Rebecca. "My concern is that you're trying to create friction and drama. I was hoping that things would calm down now and we could all get along. I don't want the whispering and bitching to start again, it's not nice," Rachel continued.

Marching into the bedroom, Jennifer jumped it to defend Rebecca. "I don't think anyone is sitting around bitching, that's not going on" Jennifer said. "But sometimes Rachel it's like you're in teacher mode. You're not being yourself. Rebecca just wants people to be real and so do I. I'd hate to think I was around people with game plans". Is that a pot calling a kettle black?

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=440 1&position=32

-dramaholic- thumbnail

Gossip Girls

Day 24 - Sat 28 Jun 2008, 19:21 PM

One finger salute

Jennifer and Rebecca don't rate Rachel...

While most of the housemates were making supper Jennifer and Rebecca got together in the Luxury Bedroom for a bitchy natter.

"Rachel is just not being herself. I've been looking at her and thinking: 'Why are you holding back?' It's OK to have opinions on things," said Jennifer. "She's so annoying, I can't deal with her," agreed Rebecca. "Not everything is so great in here."

"I'm getting desperate for her to say something awful so I can think, right, finally we're getting to the core of the person" said Jennifer. "The house is turning into a happy camp. I just want people to be real and say what they think". Hmm... ever heard the old saying - be careful what you wish for?

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=438 3&position=30

-dramaholic- thumbnail

An Anti-Bush

Day 24 - Sat 28 Jun 2008, 18:47 PM

Luke's Bush

The results of today's topiary Task are in...

The excited housemates stood behind their wonky tree sculptures to hear Big Brother's verdict. "Hello Big Brother. Do you like my heart-shaped doughnut?" said Katreya hopefully. "If Big Brother goes on skill and talent for this, we've failed. I've never trimmed a bush before and it was difficult," Luke confessed.

"This is Big Brother. For today's Task housemates were required to master the art of topiary. Darnell failed to trim his bush to an acceptable standard. Lisa failed to trim her bush to an acceptable standard. Luke failed to trim his bush to an acceptable standard. Therefore housemates have failed the task." There was loud booing as the housemates realised they wouldn't be in receipt of another token.

"It's because we didn't trim the bush, we butchered the bush" admitted Darnell. "Lisa, you've let us all down" added Stuart unhelpfully. "I want a second opinion!" demanded Luke. Mario and Michael looked on from the garden jail where they were sent to earlier today for discussing nominations. Time for everyone to turn over a new leaf?

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=438 1&position=27

-dramaholic- thumbnail

Girl Power

Day 24 - Sat 28 Jun 2008, 15:18 PM

Mikey and Luke

Luke and Michael have a conspirators' talk...

As the other housemates sunbathed in the garden, Michael and Luke decided to spend their time ruminating about last night's eviction, the argument the night before and the balance of power in the House.

"Sylvia knew she was going," Luke told Michael, referring to last night's eviction.

Michael agreed: "Sylvia caused a riot, saying 'Mohamed's disgusting, they should cancel the eviction! I'm disgusted at Mohamed!' But I heard the argument and to be honest, Mohamed didn't stick out. The people who stuck out were Dennis and Darnell."

"Oh yeah, Darnell," Luke replied darkly. "We saw a different side to him, Mikey. We definitely saw a different side to Darnell! I'll not look at Darnell the same way again."

Michael was more preoccupied with Sylvia: "Obviously, it's in her favour to cancel the eviction."

"Of course it was," Luke nodded. "And now there's a power vacuum. Who's gonna take charge? It does look as if Jen's the frontrunner in the group now."

"Absolutely," Michael agreed. "Without a doubt. Without a doubt! No question about it. She is the key, Jen."

"Jen's become almost a powerful player," Luke reckoned.

"She always was," Michael intoned sombrely.

"But now all the powerful players have been eliminated," Luke noted.

Maybe he's thinking it's time to step into the breach...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=433 0&position=16

-dramaholic- thumbnail
The sleepy housemates are called to gather for an announcement...

Housemates shocked at news of Dennis' exit...

After Dennis was read a statement and asked to leave the House for spitting in Mohamed's face, Mario read out a similar statement to the housemates, explaining: "Dennis has been removed from the Big Brother House. As was made clear to all housemates, Big Brother will not tolerate unacceptable behaviour... Big Brother was left with no choice but to remove Dennis."

The statement also said: "In the course of today, Big Brother will be speaking to all housemates individually about last night's events. Tonight's eviction will take place as planned."

Sylvia promptly and dramatically flung herself behind the sofa, while Jennifer looked very upset, and Rachel appeared worried.

"Let's hope justice is served eh?" Jen glared at Mo. "Let's hope Mohamed goes," she finished, referring to the eviction.

"Jen, Jen," pleaded Rachel to deaf ears.

Most of the housemates then began talking all at once, confused and taken aback, while Dale stared at Mohamed, obviously still feeling he was to blame.

"Why are you coming so close to me?" Mohamed asked, shocked.

Mohamed then walked away into the bedroom. Dale went to the Diary Room, while Jennifer and Sylvia huddled together and rocked in each other's arms, crying.

C'mon girls - you'll see Dennis again one day!

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=422 4&housemateId=256&position=47