Big Brother 9 - Article Archieve

Posted: 15 years ago

Hello Freinds, All Articals Related to Big Brother 9, Should be kept in this Thread only. Please do not post any articles on the forum iteslf and post all of them in this thread only. This will help maintain the section clean and tidy. Enjoy all the articles.

Daily Updates of Articles can be found on www.Channel4.com/bigbrother

Comments are allowed in this thread, but please refrain yourself from chatting & spamming.

IF Dev Team😊

Edited by dramaholic - 15 years ago

He's All Talc

Day 12 - Mon 16 Jun 2008, 01:10 AM

Kathreya enjoys the game

The housemates powder their noses...

Mohamed's birthday celebrations carried on last night, as Kathreya suggested the housemates play a rather wacky party game.

"It's similar to musical chairs, yeah? But when you're losing a chair, use talcum powder," the masseuse explained. "And then, whenever music stops, that person has to put talcum powder in the face."

"Yeah!" the other housemates whooped, as Kathreya stood up and clapped.

"I'll go and get it," she announced, before adding, "In this game, you can choose the talcum powder to go in the face of the person on the left, or the person on the right. But you have to say this before the game starts."

"What the hell?!" Mohamed frowned.

Darnell explained the rules again, and Rebecca asked if the powder could be put on "the people on the left, please."

"You don't have to use an extreme amount," Kathreya warned. "Just a small amount."

Dennis then turned his back, and started singing a made-up song to put the 'music' in 'musical chairs': "Shak-a-shak-a-shak-a-shak-a-shaaaa."

The housemates clapped along and passed the talcum powder. Dennis stopped singing just as it reached Rebecca.

"Ahhh - that was rigged!" the housemates chorused.

Rebecca turned to her left, and dashed talcum powder in Luke's face but she may have got a bit carried away in her exuberance.

"That was too much talcum powder!" Kathreya scolded.

"That was excessive!" Luke protested. "Look at my shirt!"

"That was too much," Mohamed echoed.

"You mustn't get it in the person's eyes," Rachel admonished.

Yes guys - you don't it to end in tears.

Dr Tomas gets inside the heads of the BB housemates.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=234 0&position=1

Edited by rukhaya - 15 years ago

News: Day 12

There's Something About Mary

Day 12 - Mon 16 Jun 2008, 21:21 PM

Mario and Lisa

Mario gets a makeover...

The housemates are spicing things up with a night of cross dressing for Mohamed's birthday party. Except for Mario who had told the others earlier that he wasn't going to take part in the shenanigans.

Then, just when you thought it was safe to go back in the Living Area - surprise, surprise darlings! - Mario became Mary. Lisa paraded her partner out to cheers from the others.

As they mingled, Mario explained he had had a change of heart. "My name's Mary," Mario announced. "I'm in character now." Then the housemates assembled in the Living Area and sang Happy Birthday to Mohamed. Mohamed was all blushes as he bashfully enjoyed a round of "hip-hip hoorays."

Could it be all those lovely ladies that are making him blush?

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=242 5&position=30

News: Day 14

Alexandra Leaves The House

Day 14 - Wed 18 Jun 2008, 20:48 PM

Goodbye Alexandra

Alex is removed from Big Brother for repeated unacceptable behaviour...

Contestant Alexandra De-Gale has been removed from the Big Brother House for repeatedly breaking the programme's rules on conduct by behaving in an unacceptable and sometimes intimidating manner towards fellow housemates.

Alex was in discussion with Darnell in the living room shortly after 10.15pm yesterday evening (17th June), with a number of other housemates in proximity.

Discussing her nomination for this week's eviction, Alex was heard to make apparently intimidatory comments about her intentions on leaving the House. Shortly afterwards, Dennis, Rebecca and Rex discussed her comments in the garden and were clear that they found her behaviour to be threatening, a view that Rex repeated subsequently during a Diary Room discussion with Big Brother.

This incident follows a series of arguments involving Alex since the ninth series of Big Brother started on 5th June. She has twice been called to the diary room and reminded of the rules governing behaviour towards other housemates.

There has been a strong negative reaction from viewers to Alex's behaviour with Channel 4 having received a significant number of comments since launch.

Her latest remarks were not screened via the 'as live' streaming on E4 but were reported up to senior production staff. In consultation with executives at Channel 4 the decision was taken to remove Alex from the house on the grounds that she had repeatedly broken the programme's rules governing housemate behaviour, despite twice being reminded of her responsibilities.

Alex was called to the Diary Room at approximately 8pm on Wednesday 18th June to be informed of the decision and was removed from the House without further contact with other contestants. The remaining housemates were informed of Big Brother's decision at approximately 9.15pm.

Alex was one of two housemates nominated for eviction this week and as a result, in line with the terms and conditions covering phone voting on Big Brother, the latest eviction vote has been suspended.

Angela Jain, Head of E4 and Big Brother at Channel 4, said: "Alex has said her comments were not intended seriously and has apologised, but those comments will be widely interpreted as having been intended to intimidate. Big Brother has very clear rules about housemates conduct and that kind of behaviour is simply not acceptable.

Other housemates have said they found her comments to be threatening and we believe that is a reasonable conclusion for them to have reached given the way Alex has behaved previously. She had already been spoken to twice about her behaviour and, like all housemates, was clearly informed before entering the house that she faced eviction if she acted in an unacceptable manner."

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=272 4&position=27

News: Day 15

Wave Goodbye, Say Hello

Day 15 - Thu 19 Jun 2008, 22:52 PM

In her own words

Friday's show... the Alex interview and a NEW HOUSEMATE going in...

You've all been wondering what's going to happen on Friday night's show... so here's the lowdown.

You'll be able to see Davina's interview with Alex and what an interview it's going to be - we're on the edge of our seats!

Then get ready for a NEW housemate to enter the House - but who will they be? What impact will they have on the House? Keep checking back for more info... You can watch the show on C4 at 9 - 10pm and 10:30 - 11:05pm.

It's not to be missed!

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=298 1&position=35

News: Day 16

Stuart Enters The House

Day 16 - Fri 20 Jun 2008, 22:55 PM

Coming, ready or not...

Vroom vroom... there's a new boy in town...

Facing a moment he never thought would arrive, Stuart has just become the 17th housemate to enter the Big Brother House. Arriving on the back of a motorbike, dressed in black leather jacket and jeans, the 25 year-old personal trainer entered the House full of smiles and waves to the waiting crowd. So, what will the other housemates make of him?

Come back very soon to find out...

News: Day 18

TASK: Stu Art

Day 18 - Sun 22 Jun 2008, 14:01 PM

Stuart reads out the Task

Paint or sculpt Stuart in the nude..?

Stuart has returned from the Diary Room with details of today's Task. "For today's Task," read Stuart, "housemates must use their imagination and creativity as they take part in Big Brother's Life Class. Housemates must either paint or sculpt the new housemate, Stuart, in the nude."

Stuart grinned and blushed. All at the same time. "Nude?" said Luke. "You're joking," said Mario. "They must do this by imagining what Stuart looks like naked. Seven housemates must paint," read Stuart, "and seven must sculpt."

"With this Task," said Stuart, "be generous." "Once the housemates have completed their paintings and sculptures they must describe their art to the rest of the group and Stuart must choose his favourite. If Big Brother appreciates the housemates art, housemates will be rewarded with one token." Hopefully they'll win this Task 'easely'...

News: Day 18

Summer Loving

Day 18 - Sun 22 Jun 2008, 22:05 PM

Jen and Sylvia

Jennifer reveals all to Sylvia...

Sylvia and Jennifer had a heart-to-heart in the bedroom this morning, after Jennifer asked Stuart if he liked Sylvia and the hunk said he hadn't been aware.

"I spoke to him today," the brunette told Sylvia. "I haven't had the chance to speak to you, but I spoke to him about it... I said, 'Obviously you and Sylvia are having a bit of a thing... Sylvia likes you. I didn't beat around the bush or anything, because I kind of thought you had talked about it anyway."

"Yeah, yeah," Sylvia agreed, nodding.

"And he says [confused voice], 'Oh, right'," Jennifer went on. "I was like, 'Come on, you do know'," and he was like, 'No.' I was like, 'Body language!'"

"Exactly!" Sylvia added.

"And I was like, 'So, she's maybe feeling a little upset about you', and he was like, 'Oh, right - I didn't actually realise!'" Jennifer finished.

"Really? He's a fool" Sylvia gasped.

"What - evah!" her friend agreed.

Blimey he's only been in the House two days and already he's caused quite a stir.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=329 0&position=31

News: Day 20

Nominations Announced

Day 20 - Tue 24 Jun 2008, 19:30 PM

Sylvia and Mohamed

Sylvia and Mohamed will face the public vote this week...

As the housemates sat nervously in the living room Big Brother announced that Mohamed and Sylvia would be up for eviction in this Friday's public vote.

Sylvia's eyes rolled upwards as her name was read out. Mohamed smiled and jumped to his feet to get a hug from Rex. 'I couldn't feel better' he said. I get to feel it now - now I know how Mario felt last week'.

'No one hugs me' said Sylvia.

'No one who nominated me is getting to hug me'.

Meanwhile the other housemates were surprised by the nominees.

'that has shocked me, one million per cent. Both people' said Dennis.

So, will you dash Sylvia's chances of pursuing love in the House? Or will it be fro-clad Mohamed who'll be heading off for a chat with Davina?

It's time for you to decide. Who stays, who goes - it's up to you.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=364 2&position=32

News: Day 21

Who Nominated Who?

Day 21 - Wed 25 Jun 2008, 12:13 PM

Name that housemate...

Find out who each of the housemates selected for eviction...

So, Sylvia and Mohamed are facing the chopski on Friday night - but who put their heads on the block? Prepare to gasp and say things like 'he didn't!' and 'I knew it was her'... Here's who each of the housemates nominated this week: * Dale - Rex and Mohamed

* Darnell - Sylvia and Jennifer

* Dennis - Mohamed and Rex * Jennifer - Michael and Mohamed * Kathreya - Sylvia and Jennifer * Lisa - Rebecca and Sylvia * Luke - Mohamed and Sylvia * Mario - Sylvia and Rebecca * Michael - Sylvia and Rex * Mohamed - Sylvia and Dennis

* Rachel - Sylvia and Luke

* Rebecca - Mohamed and Michael * Rex - Mario and Sylvia * Sylvia - Rex and Michael

Stuart was immune from eviction in his first week and therefore not eligible to nominate.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=380 0&position=9