Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey all, I know that it's been awhile since I put an installment in on this FF but this idea just occured to be and I had to post it. I hope you enjoy. It's more of a James\Sirius fic, but I thought I'd put it here!!! Its not as good as the rest but I tried to keep up the standard that I had before.  

Enjoy and review and if you have any ideas you want me to write about let me know!!!

Back to back in a dark alley surrounded by two of the burliest, toughest,  Death Eaters that could be managed was not a place that two young wizards would want to be. Unless those young men happened to be James Potter and Sirius Black. The two friends thrived on adventure and this was as adventurous as they came.

"You know Padfoot, I don't think we can get out of this" James said, with a wide grin on his face which indicated that he thought otherwise.

" I think you're right, Prongs" agreed Sirius, again with a look on his face which showed an exact opposite of his words.

"How stupid can we be, thinking that we could take on these two specimens here without a fool proof plan."

"Really stupid I'd say, but then again I don't think that these two here,  are the brightest of the bunch, we really do need to pick them better next time, you know, Prongs."

With that both men, sent stunning spells at the two Death Eaters, who had stood there leering at captures as though Christmas had come early for them. However, the Death Eaters were at least quick enough to move aside and the spell missed them by inches.

A battle of wills and skill ensued, with both James and Sirius each, dueling a Death Eater who though not very intelligent, was vicious and aimed  one unforgivable curse after another at their combatants. But youth and agility was on the side of the two Mauraders as well as an uncanny ability to think as one and the battle continued, two against two.

Soon though, the fight was over, with both James and Sirius emerging as victors, battered and bruised, but alive and in one piece.

"Well done there, mate. That Extusio spell was brilliant!" Sirius exclaimed as he surveyed his body for any damages, and finding nothing that Molly Weasley couldn't cure for him.

"Thanks, and your Obsido charm was genius, it saved me from the Killing Curse by this nimrod here." James said as he aimed a kick at the offending Death Eater, who lay unconscious on the dingy alleyway floor.  "And you know that Lily would kill me, if I don't come home tonight, I'm supposed to get her some treacle tarts and custard pudding on my way home ! It's been murder on me since she became pregnant!" James said as he rolled his eyes heavenward, causing Sirius to erupt in laughter at his friend's sorry predicament.

Still grinning broadly at his frowning friend, Sirius continued "Well now that the fun's over and our Watch too we should get back to Headquarters and let Dumbledore know what we overheard these two idiots saying. Voldermort, must be getting seriously anxious about something, to have these two morons, wondering if His greatness seemed agitated."  His manner sobering as the implications of the information settled on them.

At that James used his wand and uttered an incantation which caused ropes to appear and bind their captors, whilst Sirius, sent up a flair with his wand, to alert the Aurors. Ensuring that the two prisoners were secure, the friends turned on the spot and disappeared into the night.

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
great work, shelly! glad you updated it once again!
anuradhasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
well done dear!.....

👏........

" It's been murder on me since she became pregnant!" 😆...nice one😆

animegurl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey!!!
Just read your FF...
Its brilliant!!!👏
Keep up the good work👍🏼
sareeta thumbnail
Shelly! - I read all the parts of this particular FF in one shot and I enjoyed them so much! Like many have already mention, you really have it in you to take your writing professionally.

The flow of thought was consistent and felt so much a part of the series , it was like reading an extended chapter of the original!

I particularly enjoyed some phrases that you've used , w.r.t Lily, Snape and James, that held such depth!

My fav was the one abt Harry being as good looking as his godfather!

THank you so much for this FF! I really really really enjoyed reading this !!!

Thanks again!

Sareeta
shellytt thumbnail
Hi everyone,

I was just clearing out saved documents on my pc and realised that I had started this installment to this FF and never finished it. So here is the finished product. Hope you like it!

Its entitled: Holding Harry

Quietly, James slid out of the bed, so as not to wake his sleeping wife. He stood at the side of their bed and stared at the beauty that slept so peacefully. Motherhood suited her he thought to himself. She glowed whenever she held their son and even in the depths of sleep that glow still emanated from her.

She was exhausted, he knew from the sleepless nights and constant feedings and the million and one diaper changes, but he knew she loved it. She loved tending to their son as only a mother would love it. Taking a last loving gaze at her, James left the room and went into his son's.

His son. That still sounded strange to his mind. Who would have believed that he would be the responsible father. Him. The adventure seeking, rule breaking crusader. Sirius had been right, this baby had changed him, he thought as he entered the room. But not in a bad way, as Sirius had obviously meant it. James had changed  for the better. He could no longer and would no longer think only of himself. Everything he did would be for Harry.

Approaching the crib, James noticed that little Harry wasn't asleep but wide eyed awake playing with his feet. That made James smile. Even Harry understood that Lily needed some rest and he didn't want to bother her with crying. Either that or he was just fed up of all the cooing over him all his waking hours and wanted a few minutes to himself. James thought that if he was Harry, the answer would be the second scenario.

Bending down, James gently lifted the cooing baby from the crib. Walking around the room to try and lull him back to sleep, James could do nothing but smile. The feel of Harry's heart could be felt through his sleeping outfit and that feeling warmed James on this cold night. This was a life that he had created. His blood ran through these veins. The strength of that feeling caused tears in his eyes.

The smell of the baby as he drifted to sleep in the safety of his father's arms was the most wonderful scent that James had experienced. The feeling of awe, that this child could feel safe with him, was stunning. This run of emotions that James had experienced since Harry's birth was never-ending. Each day a new, wonderful emotion crept up on him and he was overwhelmed. But through the awe, the fear , the happiness, the anxiety and even the awkwardness, the emotion that ran the deepest and from which all the other emotions sprang was love.

Never in his life had James experienced this all consuming love from the minute that his eyes fell upon Harry. This love that gripped him and never faltered but grew with each passing second. The incomparable strength of that love, guided James through this new, strange phase in his life. It guided him in this new responsibility that he holds.

Knowing that Harry was now asleep, James moved towards the crib and gently lay the sleeping baby down. Only then did he realize that Harry, with his little fist had been holding on to James' index finger as he slept. And James realized and loved the knowledge that not only was Harry holding his finger in his little fist, but also he was holding James' entire heart.       

Edited by shellytt - 15 years ago
shellytt thumbnail
Hey I just realized that this post has crossed the 1000 views mark!!!

Thanks everyone for reading and for all the wonderful comments!
sareeta thumbnail
This has to be my most favourite part of the series you've written on James Shelly! From the I began to the time I finished reading the part - It was like I walked the path of being the young brat and to being adventurous gal to imagining a life with a family of my own and the birth of a child! And to add to it that the reckless adventurous streak and the bratty nature is somethign I relate to so much, that it felt uncanny while I read the HP series, and especially abt Harry, is another cherry on the top! Its beautiful! Jus this one part was a journey in itself!

You are gifted to be able to write like this!!

anuradhasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
shelly i wud like to give u a title...

"Junior JK Rowling"

i hope u like it...u r always wonderful......🤗
shellytt thumbnail

Originally posted by: anuradhasharma

shelly i wud like to give u a title...

"Junior JK Rowling"

i hope u like it...u r always wonderful......🤗

😆😆 The title is too funny!!!! I think Jk Rowling might be upset though for my mediocre writing to be compared to her!😆 Thanks though!!!

Glad you liked it!